Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,850 members, 7,813,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Caesarean Section For Childbirth - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Caesarean Section For Childbirth (160 Views)

Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? / Court Stops Lagos Public Hospitals From Demanding Blood Donations For Childbirth / Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Caesarean Section For Childbirth by Healthcube(m): 6:47am On Nov 06, 2023
85% of childbirth in Nigeria are caesarean section. I was discussing with colleagues some days ago. Why is caesarean a common option for most childbirth?. I need your opinions.

Well, for a fact I have to be honest. Caesarean is super fast. I was in the theatre some days ago and we had an elective caesarean section for a 31 year old woman.

The operation started at 4:45pm and the baby was already out at 5pm on the dot. Do you really think is the best choice for child delivery.

I need your comment or opinions rather.
Re: Caesarean Section For Childbirth by Nice2023(m): 11:32am On Nov 06, 2023
It is the best for most of mothers and especially for our women in this country...personally my wife has had about three Csections and going for the fourth one soonest and I think it has helped to reduce maternal mortality in this country.

Another major reason is,many young ladies these days do have small pelvic bone and this has help to reduce the unwarranted and compulsive natural birth which most often complicate the delivery process leading to maternal mortality in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Caesarean Section For Childbirth by seborrhic: 12:38pm On Nov 06, 2023
Healthcube:
85% of childbirth in Nigeria are caesarean section.
Where did you pull this statistic from,of course from your Nigerian a rse.
It's in Nigeria,a full grown,educated adult would just wake up,think of a topic and pulls out any statistic that comes to his/her head,without asking his/herself:"eventhough I didn't do any study to arrive at this statistic,but does it even sound logical"?
Going by this your beer parlor statistic,it means that for every 10 births in Nigeria,8 are by CS!In a still largely conservative birthing society!!
Even in the most developed of countries in the western world,in terms of openness and advanced medical care,the average is 33% CS rate,but in Nigeria you are claiming that 8 in 10 births end up in CS.
At least you don't need to be a professor of statistics to know that you just have to look around you,find out the women that have given birth over the past year and find out how many were by CS or natural birth.It's a simple,yet logically sensible way to arrive at a rough guide to this kind of statistic.

(1) (Reply)

Your Unborn Baby Should Position This Way / Reclined Fitness: Unveiling The Power Of The Recumbent Exercise Bike / Supplements To Improve Blood Flow And Circulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.