Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? (16324 Views)

Lady Accuses Hospitals Of Turning C-section To A Profit Making Venture / Pregnant Woman In Need Of Emergency C-section Turned Away By Hospital / Pregnant Woman Dies After Her Pastor Told Her Not To Go For C-Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by NTAChannel5: 10:13am On Feb 21, 2022
Hi, guys.

Please I need professional advice on which to go for. All praises to God, my wife is heavily pregnant with twins. From the last scan the babies are weighing 2.7kg and 2.4kg respectively. That's quite big for babies that are 7 months. And the expected period of delivery is between April ending and early May. Which means they may still grow bigger with time.

So I'm sincerely concerned about the safety of my wife and the babies, especially my wife coz her belly is so big that people are wondering why she hasn't put to bed yet. Although, she's very healthy and seems less bothered. But I'm not finding it easy here. I want to know if Cesarian Section is a better option for delivering the babies or should we have the natural one instead.

Please, doctors, health professionals and experienced mothers in the house, let me learn from you. Thanks

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by NTAChannel5: 10:13am On Feb 21, 2022
Lalasticlala, Seun
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by pocohantas(f): 10:30am On Feb 21, 2022
Her doctor that is examining her every antenatal visit is in the best position to advise you two, not Nairalanders.

If he recommends CS, by all means go with it.

I have never seen a child with CS on his forehead like the mark of the beast. They grow normally like other kids.

The most important thing would always be- MOTHER AND CHILD ARE FINE.

Keep your finances in order and be prepared for any mode of delivery. Congrats in advance on the birth of your twins. I am sure I would have a heart attack if I see twins in me. One at a time biko. cheesy

I'm not saying C -Section babies are not normal o. I'm just worried about safety of all concerned. You will agree with me that women of nowadays are not as strong as our mothers, they want everything easy. I want it easy too, I love my wife more than I love myself.

If you don’t trust his judgement, I am afraid you shouldn’t be using his service till now. It is important expectant parents are confident in their doctor.

Oluwa a wa pelu e o. Twins expenses no be here. Every expenditure na double double at the same time.

137 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by HopeAlive16(f): 10:40am On Feb 21, 2022
Let her doctor decide that please. Whether natural birth or CS, what's more important is the safety of your wife and babies. Congratulations in advance and safe delivery to your wife either way.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by NTAChannel5: 10:41am On Feb 21, 2022
pocohantas:
Her doctor that is examining her every antenatal visit is in the best position to advise you two, not Nairalanders.

I have never seen a child with CS on his forehead like the mark of the beast. They grow normally like other kids.

Keep your finances in order and be prepared for any mode of delivery. Congrats in advance on the birth of your twins. I am sure I would have a heart attack if I see twins in me. One at a time biko. cheesy
He's a private doc, one that would never answer a simple question over the phone. You'll need to come to the hospital, fill a form and lay your complaint. Two times my wife had diarrhea and we had to come to the hospital and do a blood test. And on those two occasions he recommended ORS. I've asked him and all he keeps saying is 'When we see', meaning I have to come and see him face-to-face again.

I'm not saying C -Section babies are not normal o. I'm just worried about safety of all concerned. You will agree with me that women of nowadays are not as strong as our mothers, they want everything easy. I want it easy too, I love my wife more than I love myself.

As for the twins, I didn't expect it either. I didn't want her to do a scan but after seeing the size of her stomach I had to. And trust me, even though I'm glad to be a 'Papa Ejima' I'm equally worried about the cost. grin Already, the hospital has told us to buy another round of the very things we bought before for one baby.

10 Likes

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Tallesty1(m): 10:52am On Feb 21, 2022
pocohantas:

Twins sha dey like person wey no like them.

This i know.

FP ARTICLE IN THE FUTURE.

A nairalander gives birth to triplets.

Checks thread and its Pocohantas.

This i have seen.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Ulunne777(f): 11:48am On Feb 21, 2022
Your wifes history/pecularity will inform the doctor's decision not you sir.

Just keep money for eventualities

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by dalass(f): 2:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
grin

I suppose your wife has a doctor?

Go with his/her advice grin

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
Whatever we advise here will never hold water.
What will prevail is what her doctor will decide on that day after due obstetric & clinical examination to ascertain her fitness for V delivery.

We may advice Left and the situation turns out to be right. We may advise Right & the situation turns out to be Left. Pregnancy is dynamic.
Multiple Gestation comes with Challenges.

So, This TOPIC is dead on arrival.
Not Necessary now, just keep money.
Just inform us after she delivers and we shall come & rejoice with you.

9 Likes

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Egein(m): 2:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
So you want medical from advice from wanktards like slawomirr, righteousness2, manabbqgrills and other unemployed, quarter-wits on Nairaland?.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Dshocker(m): 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
C-section unless your wife has the strength to push

3 Likes

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Sabadon(m): 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
B
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by LaSenior: 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
cheesy
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Karlovych: 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2022
embarassed Congratulations to you and your family but...

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Tomoyayi(m): 2:03pm On Feb 21, 2022
Tallesty1:
Twins sha dey like person wey no like them.

This i know.

FP ARTICLE IN THE FUTURE.

A nairalander gives birth to triplets.

Checks thread and its Pocohantas.

This i have seen.

Was about saying this sef. grin
A big Amen to this

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by TheGift: 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
Does your wife not have a doctor that has been seeing Her? Knows Her medical History, etc?

I think that is the best person to ask.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by seunny4lif(m): 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
C-Section
Most people I know in Europe, did C-Section.
If you want to give birth here, they will ask you from day one, which one you want?
Normal or C-Section.
Even if you choose Normal, they will have already prepared C-Section for the person in case.

But the way Nigerians run to churches and Mosques because of C-Section dey fear me cheesy.
They behave like C-Section meant Death sentence cheesy cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by fostermd(m): 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
Decision to have normal delivery or CS depends on several factors such health of the mother( if there is no pregnancy induced hypertension, pre-eclampsia and other health issues), presentation of the lower lying baby during labour( if it presents with head( cephalic) or buttocks( breech), presence or absence of fetal distress, cord around the neck, placenta praevia( low lying placenta ) etc

The Gynaecologist will look at all these and much more to make a determination.
Ultimately be guided by the advice and decision of your doctor.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by SQLmastar(m): 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
Natural birth is bey.
Just make sure your wife's cervix diameter widened enough. You can check this using your fist.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
Go see a doctor bro
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
Why the F are you asking random people on the internet this kind of question that can determine the life or death of two children and their mother?

I’m sorry but it’s very senseless, when you have doctors who will give you professional advice and guide you based on the specifics after evaluating the mother physically and seeing all there is to see. If the babies and/or their mother die now will you hold @kinikan and @kinikan responsible for their advice here? People who might never even have been involved in delivering a rabbit is a who you want to be asking about your wife and children’s health.

Medical advice is not something to be crowdsourced. Go see a doctor!

7 Likes

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by alstacs(m): 2:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
NTAChannel5:
Hi, guys.

Please I need professional advice on which to go for. All praises to God, my wife is heavily pregnant with twins. From the last scan the babies are weighing 2.7kg and 2.4kg respectively. That's quite big for babies that are 7 months. And the expected period of delivery is between April ending and early May. Which means they may still grow bigger with time.

So I'm sincerely concerned about the safety of my wife and the babies, especially my wife coz her belly is so big that people are wondering why she hasn't put to bed yet. Although, she's very healthy and seems less bothered. But I'm not finding it easy here. I want to know if Cesarian Section is a better option for delivering the babies or should we have the natural one instead.

Please, doctors, health professionals and experienced mothers in the house, let me learn from you. Thanks

1. Is there any reason you are talking about CS to start with?

2. What have her doctors said?

3. Follow their advice please. There is not need to debate her matter here.
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Abilistic(m): 2:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
Her doctor will be in the best position to answer your questions.

Safe delivery to her!

1 Like

Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Ukpor1(m): 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
Just tell your wife to reduce all kinds of food �� food bcoz it always making baby fat.thats what I know
Re: Natural Birth Or C-Section For Twins? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
Why C-Section?

My Mom had us through natural birth and we weighed very high

Stop etertaining any fears
As long as she's ok and no medical issues. Let her go for natural birth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vwaere Daiso: Installer Of Faulty Elevator Handed Over To Police – LASG / Two Men Drowned While Swimming In Ogun River / Any Cosmetic Dentist In Nigeria For Teeth whiten Smile?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.