Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,619 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

What Is The Best And Quickest Way To Learn Web Development - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is The Best And Quickest Way To Learn Web Development (719 Views)

Where Can I Learn Web Design And Graphics Design In Osogbo Osun State / Where To Learn Web Application Development In Onitsha:pls Help / Do We Have Coding Bootcamps In Nigeria? / Faster Way To Learn Web Development. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best And Quickest Way To Learn Web Development by whitejs: 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2023
Please which is better?

Learn programming myself through video tutorials
Or
Enrol in a boot camp
Re: What Is The Best And Quickest Way To Learn Web Development by Iambro(m): 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2023
Read documentations.
That's the best and quickest way.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Quickest Way To Learn Web Development by Nebestore: 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2023
whitejs:
Please which is better?

Or
Enrol in a boot camp

both are effective, but it depends on what you already know.
if you have a little knowledge of coding then It will definitely be easier to learn on your own if not you will need to enroll in a program, and they are affordable programs you can enroll into like:

*Unlock Your Creativity with Frontend Development!*

Ready to dive into the world of web design and user experience? Join our Frontend Development program and embark on a journey of creativity innovation and oppurtunity.

*What You'll Learn:*
- HTML and CSS: Master the building blocks of web design.
- Bootstrap: Bring your websites to life with interactive features.
- Responsive Design: Create sites that look great on any device.
- User Experience (UX): Design interfaces that captivate and engage users.

Contact +2349061978141 or email info@cybite.com.ng and enroll in our Frontend Development course today. Your creative journey begins here!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Quickest Way To Learn Web Development by whitejs: 6:43am On Nov 07, 2023
Thanks @ lambro
& nebestore
Re: What Is The Best And Quickest Way To Learn Web Development by whitejs: 3:41am On Nov 09, 2023
tensazangetsu20
qtguru

Sir please your views
Re: What Is The Best And Quickest Way To Learn Web Development by qtguru(m): 4:01pm On Nov 09, 2023
whitejs:
Please which is better?

Or
Enrol in a boot camp

Bootcamp is good for community and networking, but self learning is still what you do, regardless of doing bootcamp.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best And Quickest Way To Learn Web Development by Bedwetter: 8:33am On Nov 10, 2023
Read programming books

Purchase them or Poorate them

Tutorials videos don't teach anything, they're just for cramming and for brainless devs that can't implement a for loop without looking at Google

Bootcamp are useful if they can guarantee you getting a job

Some bootcamps do that

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Quickest Way To Learn Web Development by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:36am On Nov 11, 2023
Just do it

There is no way u can cut corners by using shortcut like the way Nigerians like doing in trying to seek instant success without following the process.

You will have to roll up your sleeves and work

Coding with your fingers on various projects. This is the fastest way, as you are practicing, you will be seeing the result of work, that will enable you to go for more

Making you to become inquisitive, to know more, to understand more, leading you to search for solutions in books and on the net. It is easier now, the resources we have on the net are far more richer now than what we had before.

All u have to do now is to get busy on your pc, network and get jobs.

Wish you success and a rewarding adventure on your quest.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Quickest Way To Learn Web Development by whitejs: 8:45pm On Nov 11, 2023
Thanks, everyone
Re: What Is The Best And Quickest Way To Learn Web Development by Unbiased1: 10:28pm On Nov 11, 2023
whitejs:
Please which is better?

Or
Enrol in a boot camp

From my experience, I will suggest you learn programming through video tutorials and a documentation library. Boot camps are good for networking which can help you find coding jobs. I learnt web development using YouTube tutorials, W3Schools and MDN Dev Docs.

Here are few points I want you to take note of based on my experience learning web development:

1) I discovered that programming books and documentation related learning platforms like W3Schools and MDN tend to cover more aspects of programming than video tutorials but unlike what some people will tell you, both books and videos do not cover all the methods in web development so don't let anyone make you believe that books have all the information you need. The only place that has all the information you need is MDN Dev Docs because, it is like the biggest web development documentation on the planet with thousands of contributors who update the platform as new web technologies and methods are introduced.

2) I found tutorials on YouTube to be far more helpful and cheaper than paid tutorials and attending programming classes at a tutorial centers. The major con of using YouTube tutorials is that you won't be getting any certificate after learning.

3) Video tutorials are many times more understandable than books and documentations. If there is a particular topic you don't understand in the learning process, you can search for tutorials on that exact topic on YouTube and you will get tutorials that focus only on that topic without boring you out with other unrelated information.

4) You have to understand that you are not a dictionary, Wikipedia, Stack Overflow or Google, so don't expect to be able to memorize or remember everything you will learn. It's impossible.

5) There are many aspects you will not understand immediately. For example, "loops", "class", "object oriented programming" etc. You may understand how to replicate the example in the tutorial but not understand how to implement it in a real project and that is where video tutorials largely come in. In many video tutorials, you will not only learn the concepts, you will be put through on how to use them in a project and it is much easier to understand since it's a human that is teaching you unlike when you are reading a documentation where it's usually harder to grasp the concept and what it is really used for.

6) Someone here wrote something very misleading:

"Tutorials videos don't teach anything, they're just for cramming and for brainless devs that can't implement a for loop without looking at Google"

That statement is very misleading because even developers with 20+ years of experience still use Google to search for basic programming concepts. Like I mentioned earlier, you are not a programming dictionary and your brain is not a documentation heaven, you can only know and understand how to solve a problem but will likely not remember all the parameters you have to write inorder to solve the problem and that is where Google comes in. There are cases where you have no idea on how to solve a particular problem, you will have to search Google which will in turn, return results from different websites with the solution you need. Searching Google does not make you a bad developer.

7) You will have to dedicate much of your time to learning web development. There are videos on YouTube, uploaded by experienced developers, which were created to guide you on how to learn web development, the technologies you need to learn and which one you need to learn first before the other. These kind of videos are usually updated every year as new technologies and trends are introduced. They will guide you so that you focus on learning the key technologies you need to become a web developer so you don't start learning just anything programming language you see probably because you saw that the programming language is the most popular or it's the highest paying. To find such videos on YouTube, you can use the following search phrase "web development roadmap".

cool Build projects. The fastest way to understand most concepts in programming is to build projects. In the process of building projects, you will be forced to use all the basic and advanced concepts you have learnt and understand how they truly work, in some cases, you will be forced to use some cool methods that were never mentioned in your tutorials. You will have to go through documentations to understand how to use some of those advanced methods which makes programming even more fun.

9) Some tutorial channels on YouTube I will suggest you checkout are "The Net Ninja", "Codevolution", "Coding Addict", and "Free Code Camp".

I hope this information I have written here will assist you in your web development journey.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Best And Quickest Way To Learn Web Development by whitejs: 5:12am On Nov 12, 2023
Yes thank you very much
@ Unbiased1
Re: What Is The Best And Quickest Way To Learn Web Development by NaughtyBrainiac: 9:12pm On Jan 17
Unbiased1:

From my experience, I will suggest you learn programming through video tutorials and a documentation library. Boot camps are good for networking which can help you find coding jobs. I learnt web development using YouTube tutorials, W3Schools and MDN Dev Docs.

Here are few points I want you to take note of based on my experience learning web development:

1) I discovered that programming books and documentation related learning platforms like W3Schools and MDN tend to cover more aspects of programming than video tutorials but unlike what some people will tell you, both books and videos do not cover all the methods in web development so don't let anyone make you believe that books have all the information you need. The only place that has all the information you need is MDN Dev Docs because, it is like the biggest web development documentation on the planet with thousands of contributors who update the platform as new web technologies and methods are introduced.

2) I found tutorials on YouTube to be far more helpful and cheaper than paid tutorials and attending programming classes at a tutorial centers. The major con of using YouTube tutorials is that you won't be getting any certificate after learning.

3) Video tutorials are many times more understandable than books and documentations. If there is a particular topic you don't understand in the learning process, you can search for tutorials on that exact topic on YouTube and you will get tutorials that focus only on that topic without boring you out with other unrelated information.

4) You have to understand that you are not a dictionary, Wikipedia, Stack Overflow or Google, so don't expect to be able to memorize or remember everything you will learn. It's impossible.

5) There are many aspects you will not understand immediately. For example, "loops", "class", "object oriented programming" etc. You may understand how to replicate the example in the tutorial but not understand how to implement it in a real project and that is where video tutorials largely come in. In many video tutorials, you will not only learn the concepts, you will be put through on how to use them in a project and it is much easier to understand since it's a human that is teaching you unlike when you are reading a documentation where it's usually harder to grasp the concept and what it is really used for.

6) Someone here wrote something very misleading:

"Tutorials videos don't teach anything, they're just for cramming and for brainless devs that can't implement a for loop without looking at Google"

That statement is very misleading because even developers with 20+ years of experience still use Google to search for basic programming concepts. Like I mentioned earlier, you are not a programming dictionary and your brain is not a documentation heaven, you can only know and understand how to solve a problem but will likely not remember all the parameters you have to write inorder to solve the problem and that is where Google comes in. There are cases where you have no idea on how to solve a particular problem, you will have to search Google which will in turn, return results from different websites with the solution you need. Searching Google does not make you a bad developer.

7) You will have to dedicate much of your time to learning web development. There are videos on YouTube, uploaded by experienced developers, which were created to guide you on how to learn web development, the technologies you need to learn and which one you need to learn first before the other. These kind of videos are usually updated every year as new technologies and trends are introduced. They will guide you so that you focus on learning the key technologies you need to become a web developer so you don't start learning just anything programming language you see probably because you saw that the programming language is the most popular or it's the highest paying. To find such videos on YouTube, you can use the following search phrase "web development roadmap".

cool Build projects. The fastest way to understand most concepts in programming is to build projects. In the process of building projects, you will be forced to use all the basic and advanced concepts you have learnt and understand how they truly work, in some cases, you will be forced to use some cool methods that were never mentioned in your tutorials. You will have to go through documentations to understand how to use some of those advanced methods which makes programming even more fun.

9) Some tutorial channels on YouTube I will suggest you checkout are "The Net Ninja", "Codevolution", "Coding Addict", and "Free Code Camp".

I hope this information I have written here will assist you in your web development journey.
God bless you real good for this.

What advice do you have for someone who wants to pick up a Tech skill but not sure of what aspect of Tech to choose?

Factors that are important to me are:

1. Relevance (even in the next 10 years)
2. Job availability
3. High paying
4. Very importantly, something that won't eventually become boring to me. I don't want a situation where I will only be working for money and not enjoy wha I do.

I look forward to reading from you.

Thank you
Re: What Is The Best And Quickest Way To Learn Web Development by Unbiased1: 11:07am On Jan 18
NaughtyBrainiac:
God bless you real good for this.

What advice do you have for someone who wants to pick up a Tech skill but not sure of what aspect of Tech to choose?

Factors that are important to me are:

1. Relevance (even in the next 10 years)
2. Job availability
3. High paying
4. Very importantly, something that won't eventually become boring to me. I don't want a situation where I will only be working for money and not enjoy wha I do.

I look forward to reading from you.

Thank you

Almost all the tech fields are saturated. Lots of people across the world are going deep into tech thereby saturating the market even further but, just as more people are going into tech, more businesses are adopting tech in their workflows so there will always be jobs but they will be very competitive. For the factors you pointed out, they are all subjective but for the 4th point, that one is fully up to you. I started web development because I developed interest in web animations due to my past experience in graphics design and motion graphics. If you are working in a company where you carryout maintenance on an existing project, it will get boring overtime, very boring. You can fill up the gap by starting your own enterprise side project, there is nothing wrong if you startup your own tech company. When you identify what you love and sort out the 4th factor you mentioned, you can then carryout research on the first 3 factors.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best And Quickest Way To Learn Web Development by NaughtyBrainiac: 3:31pm On Jan 19
Unbiased1:

Almost all the tech fields are saturated. Lots of people across the world are going deep into tech thereby saturating the market even further but, just as more people are going into tech, more businesses are adopting tech in their workflows so there will always be jobs but they will be very competitive. For the factors you pointed out, they are all subjective but for the 4th point, that one is fully up to you. I started web development because I developed interest in web animations due to my past experience in graphics design and motion graphics. If you are working in a company where you carryout maintenance on an existing project, it will get boring overtime, very boring. You can fill up the gap by starting your own enterprise side project, there is nothing wrong if you startup your own tech company. When you identify what you love and sort out the 4th factor you mentioned, you can then carryout research on the first 3 factors.
Thanks a million

(1) (Reply)

Help Me With This Javascript Snippet / When Shall I Meet Good Programmers In Naija? / Why We Don't Include Main() In Namespace Definition?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.