Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,211 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 (523 Views)

IAR Embarking On High Impact Variety TELA Maize Trial In Nigeria - Director / Dry Season Yam Farm Due For Harvest By June 2018. / Parrot Destroys Man's Maize Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 by FarmersManual: 9:06am On Nov 07, 2023
The Principal Investigator of the TELA maize project, Professor Rabiu Adamu, has disclosed that the highly anticipated Fall Armyworm-resistant Tela Maize variety will be made available to Nigerian farmers for planting by June next year.

Professor Adamu made this known while speaking in Nairobi, Kenya, at the African Conference on Agricultural Technologies (ACAT) and noted that the new maize variety has a 20 percent yield increase compared to the conventional variety.

He said maize will be released as hybrids and will be marketed by licensed seed companies to assist in the seed multiplication of this new maize variety in order to ensure there is no shortage of the seed.

According to him, tremendous progress has been made and that what remains is to fulfill the regulatory requirements, adding that by the end of December this year, possibly mid-January, a dossier would be submitted to the National Varietal Release Committee for evaluation and release of the transgenic maize hybrid for the first time in Nigeria.

“So, we are proposing to release at least two new high-yielding fall armyworm stem borer-tolerant maize hybrids for Nigeria, which is a great development because we don’t have any resistant varieties in the country.

“This maize variety has proven to be resistant to pests, and there will be some yield increases if you cultivate it compared to the non-resistant hybrids. That is the promise we are making. So in the next two months, there will be some great news for Nigerian farmers; hopefully, the farmers will have access to those seeds in May or June 2024.

He explained that the Tela hybrid yield is 6.5 to 7 tons per hectare instead of 3.5 to 4 tons per hectare, adding that the variety will also reduce the use of pesticides on maize, contributing to a healthy environment and savings for the farmer.
https://farmersmanual.com/prof-adamu-hints-on-availability-of-tela-maize-variety-by-june-2024/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 by soccerlite: 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2023
Why will yield increase

Maize na max 2 cob per plant

Well maybe planting spacing go reduce
Re: Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 by Mavinsoladele(m): 8:04pm On Nov 30, 2023
Newborn27

It's a pleasure. I don't know if you mind being in contact on socials (WhatsApp), just as friends to learn from each other.

I always love meeting new and wise people cheesy.
Re: Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 by Newborn27(f): 8:07pm On Nov 30, 2023
Mavinsoladele:
Newborn27

It's a pleasure. I don't know if you mind being in contact on socials (WhatsApp), just as friends to learn from each other.

I always love meeting new and wise people cheesy.

I'm actually not wise...only God gives and has wisdom.
Re: Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 by Mavinsoladele(m): 8:26pm On Nov 30, 2023
Newborn27:

I'm actually not wise...only God gives and has wisdom.

I agree cheesy. I got the contact. You can remove it now.

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 by Newborn27(f): 12:28am On Dec 01, 2023
Mavinsoladele:

I agree cheesy. I got the contact. You can remove it now.

Thanks!

Kindly modify your quote to erase the contact Sir.
Re: Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2023
Newborn27:

Kindly modify your quote to erase the contact Sir.
grin
All these people hiding backstage on NL to be doing their own... grin
The other day, you were in the thread that had the father of two girls asking what he should get them for the Christmas holidays. I was just seeing the tactics you were using, till you eventually came out plainly with your request to him for monetary assistance.

Your are truly wise, though. Lol
But where yours ends, another person's begins.

Women will always vilify us men, but still ask us for favours and receive the favours. But see the way most of you drag men on this forum, as if nothing good can come out from men.
Aiit...que sera sera.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 by Newborn27(f): 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2023
Goalminded1:
grin
All these people hiding backstage on NL to be doing their own... grin
The other day, you were in the thread that had the father of two girls asking what he should get them for the Christmas holidays. I was just seeing the tactics you were using, till you eventually came out plainly with your request to him for monetary assistance.

Your are truly wise, though. Lol
But where yours ends, another person's begins.

Women will always vilify us men, but still ask us for favours and receive the favours. But see the way most of you drag men on this forum, as if nothing good can come out from men.
Aiit...que sera sera.

I never hid backstage to do anything Sir.....the person I mentioned here Mavinsoladele was commenting on my usage on the Yoruba proverbs on the thread..."cook in your kitchen and post it here"

After replying him twice on the thread...I realized I might be derailing that thread being an old member of this great forum over a decade....I replied him on an old post of his to continue the conversation which he requested for my contact.

My advice to the man planning to gift his kids is genuine... asking him to go back to his wife and kids but he gave tangible reasons why that isn't in sight and I respect his opinion.

Check through my previous posts on here and show a single place I've ever dragged a man ok here..... despite the bitter experiences life had taught me at 29yrs old...I never resulted to being bitter....I don't do feminist or red pill things cos I hate generalization....that a man betray me doesn't mean I should start seeing all the male gender as evil... I have a father... brother... friends... lecturers...pastor's ....bosses and mentors that are exemplary male...I don't drag no one....I always say the true as it is.

In the aspect of asking oliverwrites to remember my kids and I in the spirit of his yuletide's celebration was not a fraud nor lie....I wouldn't abuse him if he choose not to as I never worked for him...as a single mom I can't confidently say I can do it all...the shouldering of responsibilities especially in this dispensation of high cost of things....I sometimes plead for help when it's becoming choking rather than sleeping around.....at 29... I'm not writing myself off to see men as bittered person...I will still get legally married and have a balanced home if God is willing... kindly get your facts right before calling people out Sir....you can prove where I drag someone on here too.

Shalom .

3 Likes

Re: Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 by oliverwrites: 5:00pm On Dec 03, 2023
Newborn27:

I never hid backstage to do anything Sir.....the person I mentioned here Mavinsoladele was commenting on my usage on the Yoruba proverbs on the thread..."cook in your kitchen and post it here"

After replying him twice on the thread...I realized I might be derailing that thread being an old member of this great forum over a decade....I replied him on an old post of his to continue the conversation which he requested for my contact.

My advice to the man planning to gift his kids is genuine... asking him to go back to his wife and kids but he gave tangible reasons why that isn't in sight and I respect his opinion.

Check through my previous posts on here and show a single place I've ever dragged a man ok here..... despite the bitter experiences life had taught me at 29yrs old...I never resulted to being bitter....I don't do feminist or red pill things cos I hate generalization....that a man betray me doesn't mean I should start seeing all the male gender as evil... I have a father... brother... friends... lecturers...pastor's ....bosses and mentors that are exemplary male...I don't drag no one....I always say the true as it is.

In the aspect of asking oliverwrites to remember my kids and I in the spirit of his yuletide's celebration was not a fraud nor lie....I wouldn't abuse him if he choose not to as I never worked for him...as a single mom I can't confidently say I can do it all...the shouldering of responsibilities especially in this dispensation of high cost of things....I sometimes plead for help when it's becoming choking rather than sleeping around.....at 29... I'm not writing myself off to see men as bittered person...I will still get legally married and have a balanced home if God is willing... kindly get your facts right before calling people out Sir....you can prove where I drag someone on here too.

Shalom .
Bro Goalminded1 I will try hard not to reveal myself on this forum but a little background

I was a hard guy, a very hard guy. My IQ level is high, I am a AA+ student. I can smell fraud from afar. I used to work for a certain UK..... and as a result antenna is always up.

Truly she approached me but she is certainly not a fraud. Investigating people behind them is so easy and she herself will be shocked to know what I already know about her. She is definitely not a fraud just a victim of toxic idiotas.

8 other people contacted me on that thread for help, I ignored 7, I intend to help one other guy even though I haven't replied him but he is legit.

My experience in my 37 years in this world is never to judge someone because of what other people do. Not everyone is the same. Some are just victims of circumstances. I grew up in a poorly very pauperized family and know what people go through.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 by Mavinsoladele(m): 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2023
Newborn27:

Shalom .

@Newborn27 I'm angry at you. grin Why?

You dignified him with a response this long 😌. There are a lot of bitter people everywhere and you don't need to reply him.

@Goalminded1, try not to generalize, please. Don't just judge anyone by what others are doing.

That's the kind of response she should have given you grin😂

1 Like

Re: Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 by Newborn27(f): 8:40pm On Dec 03, 2023
Mavinsoladele:

@Newborn27 I'm angry at you. grin Why?

You dignified him with a response this long 😌. There are a lot of bitter people everywhere and you don't need to reply him.

@Goalminded1, try not to generalize, please. Don't just judge anyone by what others are doing.

That's the kind of response she should have given you grin😂

I'm sorry for making you annoyed...I only replied him to clear his doubts ni.

Thanks for your input bro!

1 Like

Re: Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 by Newborn27(f): 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2023
oliverwrites:
Bro Goalminded1 I will try hard not to reveal myself on this forum but a little background

I was a hard guy, a very hard guy. My IQ level is high, I am a AA+ student. I can smell fraud from afar. I used to work for a certain UK..... and as a result antenna is always up.

Truly she approached me but she is certainly not a fraud. Investigating people behind them is so easy and she herself will be shocked to know what I already know about her. She is definitely not a fraud just a victim of toxic idiotas.

8 other people contacted me on that thread for help, I ignored 7, I intend to help one other guy even though I haven't replied him but he is legit.

My experience in my 37 years in this world is never to judge someone because of what other people do. Not everyone is the same. Some are just victims of circumstances. I grew up in a poorly very pauperized family and know what people go through.

Thanks so much for your input Sir.

I appreciate it.
Re: Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 by safarifarms(m): 10:33pm On Dec 06, 2023
Very mature and civilized response to a non-deserving entity. Happy to see that we still have a few well brought up people on Nairaland. Keep it up and may God send help your way.
Newborn27:

Re: Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 by safarifarms(m): 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2023
I hope this resistant corn really gets to Nigeria as planned. Farmers are really suffering.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 by Newborn27(f): 4:48pm On Dec 07, 2023
safarifarms:
Very mature and civilized response to a non-deserving entity. Happy to see that we still have a few well brought up people on Nairaland. Keep it up and may God send help your way.

Thanks so much for the compliment Sir.

The havoc those scammers had wrecked on here has turned everyone else to a suspect.

O da lomo degbe....egbe kiise ile Omo...ojo tosi ro loje ka ko eyele po mo adie.

I pray the fraudsters desist from their illicit ways one day to avoid the wrath of karma on every evil stories they tell to fraud others IJN

1 Like

Re: Prof. Adamu Hints On Availability Of TELA Maize Variety By June 2024 by Swiftgrp: 11:15pm On Jan 13
FarmersManual:
The Principal Investigator of the TELA maize project, Professor Rabiu Adamu, has disclosed that the highly anticipated Fall Armyworm-resistant Tela Maize variety will be made available to Nigerian farmers for planting by June next year.

Professor Adamu made this known while speaking in Nairobi, Kenya, at the African Conference on Agricultural Technologies (ACAT) and noted that the new maize variety has a 20 percent yield increase compared to the conventional variety.

He said maize will be released as hybrids and will be marketed by licensed seed companies to assist in the seed multiplication of this new maize variety in order to ensure there is no shortage of the seed.

According to him, tremendous progress has been made and that what remains is to fulfill the regulatory requirements, adding that by the end of December this year, possibly mid-January, a dossier would be submitted to the National Varietal Release Committee for evaluation and release of the transgenic maize hybrid for the first time in Nigeria.

“So, we are proposing to release at least two new high-yielding fall armyworm stem borer-tolerant maize hybrids for Nigeria, which is a great development because we don’t have any resistant varieties in the country.

“This maize variety has proven to be resistant to pests, and there will be some yield increases if you cultivate it compared to the non-resistant hybrids. That is the promise we are making. So in the next two months, there will be some great news for Nigerian farmers; hopefully, the farmers will have access to those seeds in May or June 2024.

He explained that the Tela hybrid yield is 6.5 to 7 tons per hectare instead of 3.5 to 4 tons per hectare, adding that the variety will also reduce the use of pesticides on maize, contributing to a healthy environment and savings for the farmer.
https://farmersmanual.com/prof-adamu-hints-on-availability-of-tela-maize-variety-by-june-2024/

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Your But? / SIXTY 3 Weeks Old Cockerels For Sale (N100 Each) / Snack Food Processing Line For Sale And The Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.