Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

How Can I Become A Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Become A Man (1371 Views)

How Do I Become A Person Of Value? / If I Become A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Become A Man by EmPius19(m): 10:29am On Nov 07, 2023
I need advice, direction, I need guide. I am using this new account because it is my first time opening account on Nairaland. I use to read posts like a guest before.

I use to work in construction before as a screeder. I learnt it immediately after JAMB. I did that work and saved while waiting for admission. When my dad died in 2015, I used all my savings for his burial. About 450,000. This was the last time I remember making money as a man.

Shortly after my dad's burial, my sister got a job and things looked good again. We are orphans and have been fending for ourselves. Also not long after my fathers burial, I became sick. My sister started to take care of me and that was the last thing I remember about real life.

During when I was sick, All I remember is that I can't do anything. I lost strength as a man. All my system broke down. I was almost lifeless for years. I thank God for my elder sister who took care of me and did not give up on me because I don't use to understand what was happening around me then. I use to feel hopeless and miserable and tears would just be coming out from my eyes. sometimes I will hear my sister praying and crying beside me but I didn't use to understand what was happening.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Become A Man by EmPius19(m): 10:31am On Nov 07, 2023
By God's grace, I began to feel life again. This is years after like 4years. Small small I can now do small work, I can now read,I can now cook something, I can even go to the market. My elder sister made sure I lived with her because she was looking after me. By this time she was doing a better job so she even first brought a private teacher to teach me computer because I use to tell her I want to learn computer. When I finished with the teacher, she now enrolled me in an ICT institute to learn Tech. She would help me download some YouTube videos to help me understand. The plan was to learn Tech, gain some knowledge to stand on my own,then I can now write JAMB again after years to study computer science. The school side is to help me build friends because all my friends have left me behind and gone far. Many didn't know I was sick so now I don't have friends again. One day I was watching Big brother, I saw Emmanuel Umoh who use to be my junior in Secondary school. Tears just fill my eyes but my sister encourage me that is never too late.
Re: How Can I Become A Man by EmPius19(m): 10:32am On Nov 07, 2023
One day I saw one of my picture in my sisters phone. I was on hospital bed looking like skeleton. So I ask her what happened to me and she now told me what really happened to me. She told me I became mentally sick and I would say different things, I will be roaming,seeing things, saying strange things,that because of how I use to roam when she goes to work and how I use to stand sometimes till she comes I'm still standing in one place, that I had a nervous break down. That sometimes I would be unconscious for days. She said she took me to a psychiatric hospital and I was unconscious there for days so they rejected us. She even told me how I became so lifeless that I couldn't do anything on my own again, I would urinate on my body, she would be the one to feed and bath me. She said it was a miracle that I lived, that the hospital said I had schizophrenia and catatonic seizures. The drugs they were giving me I was supposed to drink it for life...but I was. Always unconscious so they were scared I will die and That's why they told my sister to take me to another place that they cannot treat me. My sister said since her money had finished then, she took me home and followed up with prayer, love and care for me till I began to live again. That's when I understand what really happened to me.
So years after I'm better now, I'm learning Tech and my Sis put me in Loctech to learn after learning small from home. My sister was doing a better job and we were picking up small small again. Then problem started, she had issues in her work, she was working in a broker. Her customers and friends loose big money at work. She too loose big money and things started to fall apart. Debts upon debts. My sister started to pay debts. She sold everything inside house to pay debts. My sister that was even training strangers started to even beg to eat. Everything gone. My laptop too she sold it, sell even pots and plates. Then she started to slip into how I use to be. She will stay in bed for days. No interest in anything. Is me that will even cook, clean, wash our clothes cus my sister have loose intrest in life but people outside don't know. She will post online, but in real life she was shadow but people don't know. Thank God she is prayerful so sometimes she will just play this COZA worship songs and she will just say God pls help me, she will cry and sleep.

Me I'm a man, since the Tech side is on pause, I say I will go out to look for labor and do, I tell my sister I want to learn laundry she say okay. I believe if I learn it I can use it to be sustaining somethings.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Become A Man by EmPius19(m): 10:33am On Nov 07, 2023
So I went to a laundry shop in the estate to be working and learning. I initially thought I can save something and buy Washing machine, set up my place then use that go to school. Thank God my sister is now going to church and looking for another work. She say she don't want to do those work that cause her debts again so she is doing other training to change work. I'm happy that she is trying to pick up again.

Back in the new laundry place I'm working, what I was expecting is not what I was thinking. they pay me 200 a day and 400 on Saturday. If I come back home I and my sister will just manage it to buy like cassava and groundnut eat and sleep.

As a man, I know that this can not work like this. I don't have big uncles or aunties to advise me. It's now looking like how will I stand on my own if I continue like this. I wrote JAMB this year for the first time in 9 years but I had to leave it cus no money to process it. The year has ended. I go to buy things and I will ask my sis why things are so cost she will say it's because of dollars. Please someone should advice me.
I did one year Tech course, I learnt screeding though it's been long I did that type of work, I'm getting better in laundry services, I still must go to school. How would I stand as a man with all this?. If not that our landlord came to shout, I did not know we are owing since this year start. I cannot sit and things will fall and my sister will be feeling hopeless. I want to do something like a man. Sometimes our neighbors will say You are a man, do like a man.
Please you people should give me advice and motivation and point me in the right path based on my story, is there hope for me?, I have lost time. Did you ever bounce back after a long illness or lack?. what should I do?, Where do I start to put my life together again?.

Moderator pls help me push it to front page pls.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Become A Man by MS2471: 10:37am On Nov 07, 2023
cry

Sorry bro

Like my Dad always say, people with great destiny sometimes go through many challenges so as to manage wealth better

Each an every prophet in the Bible and Quran went through a painful start

Devil is usually interested in people destined for greatness and do everything to derail them

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Become A Man by Mhizzard(m): 10:40am On Nov 07, 2023
A tough time

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Become A Man by EmPius19(m): 11:11am On Nov 07, 2023
MS2471:
cry

Sorry bro

Like my Dad always say, people with great destiny sometimes go through many challenges so as to manage wealth better

Each an every prophet in the Bible and Quran went through a painful start

Devil is usually interested in people destined for greatness and do everything to derail them

Thanks you bro. this is deep. Thank you.
I really want to understand life from a mans view

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Become A Man by Stevenbright(m): 12:01pm On Nov 07, 2023
You said your sister is prayerful. Tell her to channel her prayers towards breaking any force hellbent on dragging you guys down.

This is because from your story, when ever things are getting better for anyone of you, tragedy will strike. So, you guys need pray God to intervene and put an end to such forces.

As for where you are currently managing, if you are sure that the cash flow of the place can support you being more enumerated, then you need to plead with your boss to look into that, also put in more efforts into your work as that can make him consider your request in positive light.

Alternatively, consider getting and offering home service laundry to people who can pay for it on Sundays if you don't go to work on this day.

To get clients, observe and notice people in your estate you think might need such help, approach and tell them what you do and that you can render them laundry services on Sundays. If you get two of such opportunities, that will be a good start.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Become A Man by conquistadores(m): 12:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
Every man passes through that phase of life in which he loses his sense of manhood, loses direction, feels lost and hopeless. I faced mine between 2017 to 2021, the worst years of my life. If you're still below 30, you still have years ahead. What matters most is you have the determination and have a clearly defined goal. You can still bounce back. Start from the little things you can do for now to keep busy while still keeping your eyes on your main goal. By all means, stop comparing yourself with your peers but instead, compare your now with your before and see how to make tomorrow better than now. Most of the wealthiest men on earth were nobody during their twenties and even forties. Some struck it big late in life. The obstacles you're facing now are building you with the strength to face tomorrow's success.
I myself at moment is passing through a very difficult period which only a few persons are aware yet I tell myself everyday that I'll surmount this, I always do. Speak positives into your life.
At the end of the day, you shall smile Emmanuel.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Become A Man by EmPius19(m): 12:45pm On Nov 07, 2023
Stevenbright:
You said your sister is prayerful. Tell her to channel her prayers towards breaking any force hellbent on dragging you guys down.

This is because from your story, when ever things are getting better for anyone of you, tragedy will strike. So, you guys need pray God to intervene and put an end to such forces.

As for where you are currently managing, if you are sure that the cash flow of the place can support you being more enumerated, then you need to plead with your boss to look into that, also put in more efforts into your work as that can make him consider your request in positive light.

Alternatively, consider getting and offering home service laundry to people who can pay for it on Sundays if you don't go to work on this day.

To get clients, observe and notice people in your estate you think might need such help, approach and tell them what you do and that you can render them laundry services on Sundays. If you get two of such opportunities, that will be a good start.

you are right. The rise and fall is draining our hope but we are praying. I've vow to my unborn children that I owe them long life and prosperity. Life without parents is tough.

As for the laundry, my goal was to save money from my income to buy a washing machine at least 1. It's even only this laundry shop that gives me feeding money daily. The other one I worked for didn't at all. I'm still doing it so I can use the opportunity to learn more so that I can have a side laundry business soon even in school

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Become A Man by EmPius19(m): 1:14pm On Nov 07, 2023
conquistadores:
Every man passes through that phase of life in which he loses his sense of manhood, loses direction, feels lost and hopeless. I faced mine between 2017 to 2021, the worst years of my life. If you're still below 30, you still have years ahead. What matters most is you have the determination and have a clearly defined goal. You can still bounce back. Start from the little things you can do for now to keep busy while still keeping your eyes on your main goal. By all means, stop comparing yourself with your peers but instead, compare your now with your before and see how to make tomorrow better than now. Most of the wealthiest men on earth were nobody during their twenties and even forties. Some struck it big late in life. The obstacles you're facing now are building you with the strength to face tomorrow's success.
I myself at moment is passing through a very difficult period which only a few persons are aware yet I tell myself everyday that I'll surmount this, I always do. Speak positives into your life.
At the end of the day, you shall smile Emmanuel.

Thank you conquistadores, thank you
Re: How Can I Become A Man by finallybusy: 10:03pm On Nov 07, 2023
You’ve gotten your energy back, abi? Find work. How can you become a man? You are already a man.
Re: How Can I Become A Man by fyzaila: 11:23am On Nov 08, 2023
TheBTCinvestor please come and help this man and his sister, i know you can help them as the good person that you're, biko. Humanity calls!
Re: How Can I Become A Man by EmPius19(m): 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2023
fyzaila:
TheBTCinvestor please come and help this man and his sister, i know you can help them as the good person that you're, biko. Humanity calls!

Thank you for this Fyzalia

1 Like

Re: How Can I Become A Man by Yougotire1: 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2023
Wow!. OP your post has a lot in it from family bond to strength to pain to staying strong & persevering too. I'm particularly interested in your experience when you went through the mental illness because many people do not recover from it. God bless your sister.if you don't mind can you share that part of your experience?. You even said your sisters love and care helped you to pull through this is very deep. This thread should be on front page .

Moderators please move this thread to front page.
Copying: Royalroy Dominique Sissy3 Dominique

Let me also tag some Nairalanders in various fields on this thread so they can help the Op.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Become A Man by Yougotire1: 3:48pm On Nov 08, 2023
In my few years on NL,I've encountered a few Nairalanders successful in business,career, medicine, education, family, programing etc that know their onion. I decided to tag a couple of you after reading through this post.

SkyView01 Kobojunkie TheBTCinvestor
laivwire Emdebby2 Le2money LordIsaac remi4ever APC2 OboOlora seankafor Princess80 Neoteny LiveWithIt motta BiafranBushBoy wayodude sweetTai naijamerican Akalia EmekaMD egoldi01 Hoyekunley lebienconnu Eeghe AFONJAPIG Qwi1
Dominic247
guente Cutehector LikeAking Popemax johnkent Bvlgari nonen cococandy grafixdon Jotrade RICHIEOFASIA shiwex Easyincome24 Seb4luv1 deefresh Dominique Royalroy Sissy3 mynd44 please read through this post and see how you can help this people.

@OP I will tag more people once I'm free from work. It's either this gets to front page or it gets more publicity behind the scenes. Again, I'd love to hear your own personal experience during the time you were sick. How did it feel in your head?, Your thoughts etc. I'd send you an email later of you can connect me with your sister too. I'd also need you to answer a few personal questions for verification purposes and I will do what I can for you. (I will reach back after work).
Re: How Can I Become A Man by EmPius19(m): 5:38pm On Nov 08, 2023
Yougotire1:
In my few years on NL,I've encountered a few Nairalanders successful in business,career, medicine, education, family, programing etc that know their onion. I decided to tag a couple of you after reading through this post.

SkyView01 Kobojunkie TheBTCinvestor
laivwire Emdebby2 Le2money LordIsaac remi4ever APC2 OboOlora seankafor Princess80 Neoteny LiveWithIt motta BiafranBushBoy wayodude sweetTai naijamerican Akalia EmekaMD egoldi01 Hoyekunley lebienconnu Eeghe AFONJAPIG Qwi1
Dominic247
guente Cutehector LikeAking Popemax johnkent Bvlgari nonen cococandy grafixdon Jotrade RICHIEOFASIA shiwex Easyincome24 Seb4luv1 deefresh Dominique Royalroy Sissy3 mynd44 please read through this post and see how you can help this people.

@OP I will tag more people once I'm free from work. It's either this gets to front page or it gets more publicity behind the scenes. Again, I'd love to hear your own personal experience during the time you were sick. How did it feel in your head?, Your thoughts etc. I'd send you an email later of you can connect me with your sister too. I'd also need you to answer a few personal questions for verification purposes and I will do what I can for you. (I will reach back after work).

Thank you very much yougotire1
I will be free in the next one hour and I can be able to answer your questions and post some evidence too.
Re: How Can I Become A Man by EmPius19(m): 5:42pm On Nov 08, 2023
Yougotire1 do you want me to send you a personal email or I should post here?
Re: How Can I Become A Man by Compass1717: 5:57pm On Nov 08, 2023
Another thread of sob stories and lies. Only you have mad before before same only you have suffered all this suffer. Ogbeni Nigeria is not easy for anyone. You want to scam people with sob stories like your other fellows. Fyzaila and Yougotire1 is already helping you to tag the world. If you like tag Seun this scam format don cast. Mentally disabled kor. How many mentally disabled people have recovered talk of to recover and do Tech and still write JAMB?. Ogbeni no evidence. Lamba small small oga EmPius19. For this economy, una get mind oh.
Moderators
Seun
Sissy3
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Royalroy
don't answer him oh .
Re: How Can I Become A Man by Compass1717: 6:08pm On Nov 08, 2023
Mhizzard:
A tough time

Mumu Nigerians would believe anything.
Look at MS2471 and that conquistadores forming support system and wisdom. You people can never use your brain and smell a scam from miles away. Spits!. Mental illness easy nai mad people still full road?. Them no get family abi?. Smh. He even write JAMB after years. Story.
Re: How Can I Become A Man by Yougotire1: 6:45pm On Nov 08, 2023
Compass1717:
Another thread of sob stories and lies. Only you have mad before before same only you have suffered all this suffer. Ogbeni Nigeria is not easy for anyone. You want to scam people with sob stories like your other fellows. Fyzaila and Yougotire1 is already helping you to tag the world. If you like tag Seun this scam format don cast. Mentally disabled kor. How many mentally disabled people have recovered talk of to recover and do Tech and still write JAMB?. Ogbeni no evidence. Lamba small small oga EmPius19. For this economy, una get mind oh.
Moderators
Seun
Sissy3
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Royalroy
don't answer him oh .

My God!.
You are beyond wicked!.
You should have posted with your real moniker so we know who you really are. Your heart is dark!.

Dear OP EmPius19, Please don't let this wicked soul make you feel bad. You are a fighter and you will surely win. God will send you and your sister help. I think you should post some evidence at this point so that people can see that you are genuine and even the moderators can move your post to front page.
Also post your account number because I believe you need financial help amidst the good advice and manly encouragements you will be given here. I will send my own token.
Don't you ever give up.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Become A Man by EmPius19(m): 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2023
Compass1717:

Mumu Nigerians would believe anything.
Look at MS2471 and that conquistadores forming support system and wisdom. You people can never use your brain and smell a scam from miles away. Spits!. Mental illness easy nai mad people still full road?. Them no get family abi?. Smh. He even write JAMB after years. Story.

May God forgive you. You don't know the courage I summon to talk about this things. I wrote my first WAEC in 2012, I wrote JAMB 2013. I wanted to go to Uniben, I score over 215 in JAMB, Uniben put post UME almost same day with NECO maths, before I could write finish and travel to Benin I have missed the Exam. Then suddenly I fell sick. Why would I lie, I wrote JAMB again this year after years. My sister registered me with past question sites because she can't afford text books. With only studying past questions I scored 166. I have proof?. I'm don't want to feel like it is over for me that is why I came here to ask for direction. Please do not say what you do not know of did not go through
Re: How Can I Become A Man by Yougotire1: 7:06pm On Nov 08, 2023
Re: How Can I Become A Man by Yougotire1: 7:07pm On Nov 08, 2023
EmPius19:

May God forgive you. You don't know the courage I summon to talk about this things. I wrote my first WAEC in 2012, I wrote JAMB 2013. I wanted to go to Uniben, I score over 215 in JAMB, Uniben put post UME almost same day with NECO maths, before I could write finish and travel to Benin I have missed the Exam. Then suddenly I fell sick. Why would I lie, I wrote JAMB again this year after years. My sister registered me with past question sites because she can't afford text books. With only studying past questions I scored 166. I have proof?. I'm don't want to feel like it is over for me that is why I came here to ask for direction. Please do not say what you do not know of did not go through

Please ignore that evil soul .
Post some evidence and post your account number okay?.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Become A Man by EmPius19(m): 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2023
Yougotire1:

Please ignore that evil soul .
Post some evidence and post your account number okay?.

Tnnk you. See the evidence
The first one is my WAEC result in 2012 from FGC IK, then my JAMB result this year which I score 166. I have not pursue the admission due to money, the other is my Loctech receipt were I did courses for one year I started with advance Excel. the picture is the picture I saw in my sis phone, I was lying down on Yaba psychiatric bed unconscious for days so dey put me on drip, the day I manage to wake, they took me to ECG then told my sister to go and buy adult pampers, before she came back I was unconscious again they now told her to take me away. I could move for years why will someone now say in using such a thing to lie.

Re: How Can I Become A Man by Kobojunkie: 7:55pm On Nov 08, 2023
EmPius19:
I did one year Tech course, I learnt screeding though it's been long I did that type of work, I'm getting better in laundry services, I still must go to school. How would I stand as a man with all this?. If not that our landlord came to shout, I did not know we are owing since this year start. I cannot sit and things will fall and my sister will be feeling hopeless. I want to do something like a man. Sometimes our neighbors will say You are a man, do like a man.
Please you people should give me advice and motivation and point me in the right path based on my story, is there hope for me?, I have lost time. Did you ever bounce back after a long illness or lack?. what should I do?, Where do I start to put my life together again?.
Moderator pls help me push it to front page pls.
What do you mean "stand as a man"? So long as you were born a boy and your bones completed the regular ossification that concludes between ages 18 and 25, you are already a man. So ignore those trying to bully you with words that hold no true meaning except when considered only from their point of view. undecided

Your sister has tried. I wish souls like that come to Nairaland and maybe connect with others who have worked in areas that could be of benefit to them. undecided

As for you, honestly, the best you can do is focus all of your ability on what you are doing. Nothing stops you from studying even while doing your laundry side gig, right? So continue. I think your sister would love for you to help her too but would rather you not lose your mind again in trying to do so. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Become A Man by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2023
Touching story.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Become A Man by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2023
I will be right back.
Re: How Can I Become A Man by Yougotire1: 9:28pm On Nov 08, 2023
kamez Mamzi Blueprintz cobby14 Missionaryab IamthoneyAmericafighter
samunited2015 doctorflaky ednut1 nwachukwultd hersley vincad tohposh ameryzzy please guys go through this thread and see how you can help the OP in words and in kindness.
@Nifpmod, pansophist, Gerrard59, nairalanda1 OAM4J

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Wants Me Back: Wrong Decision? / Do You Eat Together As A Family? / Women Marry Just For Children Not Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.