Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,338 members, 7,839,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies (30845 Views)

Girl Electrocuted While Fetching Water From A Well In Ogun / Mechanic Slips Into Coma A Day After His Wedding, Dies 6 Days Later (Photo) / Man Almost Slips Into Convulsion After Taking "Colorado" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by Klington: 2:43pm On Nov 07, 2023
lolu2019:
instead of u to blame the parents.u put the blame on government.

Blame the parents for not tying the child with rope

The problem with some you irredeemable voluntary slaves is that you have been made to believe that you only deserve bare minimum and your mediocre govt is not responsible for anything.

What a pity.
Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by Bimpe29: 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2023
Inna lillahi wa inna ilehi rajiun!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by lolu2019: 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
Klington:

The problem with some you irredeemable voluntary slaves is that you have been made to believe that you only deserve bare minimum and your mediocre govt is not responsible for anything.

What a pity.
illiteracy is a disease.with common sense,u should know that Safety comes first.Wells are alternative source of water Incase the normal pipe-borne water develop issues.u don't just conclude that government did not supply water to the area.where I grew up,we operate the two source of water.And my parents never allowed me get close to the wells.what u r supposed to do for urself,u don't wait for someone to do it for u.try and get some safety training Mr.

1 Like

Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by lolu2019: 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2023
Klington:

What a pity.
a reasonable parent will never send their children to fetch water from the wells.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by Majesty7: 3:10pm On Nov 07, 2023
Nehyooh:
So pathetic.
But seven years of age fetching water from the well, looks odd

Too odd. You can imagine the torture the little lad would have been subjected to? A little boy already doing adult chores. He should go and rest. May his soul rest in peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by GanagiBitrus: 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

They do have raised walls round them.

Kids like to stand on these walls as they fetch water.
Meaning they either raise the walls further or stop kids from going there.
Else another kid will soon drown again.

1 Like

Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by NaijaCover(m): 4:07pm On Nov 07, 2023
yewit37486:
You this OP and bad news. Mschew. From udokabest to to NCblog. Why do you have such an affinity for bad news Remember, what you focus on will eventually focus on you. Nuff said.

We Cover Everything In Nigeria Via Naija.Cover
Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by Comedian2019: 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2023
Can someone explain what the rope is doing on his damn neck?

Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by chingle5(m): 4:46pm On Nov 07, 2023
Do people still use well undecided undecided undecided
Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Meaning they either raise the walls further or stop kids from going there.
Else another kid will soon drown again.

When I was living in such a setting (compound with well) I used to pursue kids coming to fetch water.

Some older kids will stand on the raised wall and be fetching, I will shout on them to get down.

All the while doing this and being a parent myself, i severally found myself wondering, but these ones have parents, naa! In fact, it's the parents that sent them to go fetch water!

It's just beyond me.

1 Like

Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by GanagiBitrus: 5:56pm On Nov 07, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

When I was living in such a setting (compound with well) I used to pursue kids coming to fetch water.

Some older kids will stand on the raised wall and be fetching, I will shout on them to get down.

All the while doing this and being a parent myself, i severally found myself wondering, but these ones have parents, naa! In fact, it's the parents that sent them to go fetch water!

It's just beyond me.
Ok. Height of negligence on the part of those parents.
Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:38pm On Nov 07, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Ok. Height of negligence on the part of those parents.

Exactly.

I had to find a circumspect way to state it, because, if I wrote such a terse summary, I can come across as insensitive, seeing that the parents just lost a child, but.....it is what it is.

1 Like

Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by orikoku: 7:48pm On Nov 07, 2023
Slurity:
You can even blame the government for failing to impregnate your wife.
that's your problem. If there's accessible water everywhere will that happen to the your boy. And you that the government impregnated your wife what have been the baby achievement.
Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by Hornome: 7:56pm On Nov 07, 2023
They suppose throw the boy mother into the well follow the boy because the woman na very stupid person. sad angry
Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by Nehyooh(m): 8:30pm On Nov 07, 2023
Majesty7:

Too odd. You can imagine the torture the little lad would have been subjected to? A little boy already doing adult chores. He should go and rest. May his soul rest in peace
Amen o
Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by Taireke: 8:56pm On Nov 07, 2023
If the pipe borne water is constantly flowing, such a promising young boy would not die untimely.
Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by Bodydiialect57: 10:30pm On Nov 07, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Too bad.
The well most likely had no protective ring around it.

Why will a 7 year old draw water from a well?
Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by Slurity(m): 10:33am On Nov 08, 2023
orikoku:
that's your problem. If there's accessible water everywhere will that happen to the your boy. And you that the government impregnated your wife what have been the baby achievement.
Learn to point fingers if you want to make it in life. Check the lifes of whoever deprive joy in blaming the government for everything, they will continue to struggle. Government has faults in many areas yes, but when you make it a culture to always think of who to blame except the victim then you got it wrong. Grow up.
Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by FirmTR(m): 11:33am On Nov 08, 2023
Klington:
The innocent lad lost his precious life out of sheer negligence.

Rip.

A country that no local govt can boast of running tap water after 64yrs.

But some APC Yoruba ronu online nitwits will be quick to gaslight you onto thinking that everything is working fine in Nigeria.

So pathetic..
Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by ghettochild(m): 3:35pm On Nov 08, 2023
Easybet1:
My state, Kwara state is too local. Imagine still fetching water from the well in 2023 😡😡😡

Rip
Nothing wrong with that..
The problem is that they didn't raise the well high enough.
We grew up in ajegunle fetching water from the well n having to use apoti or bucket to increase our height
Re: Seven-Year-Old Boy Slips Into Well While Fetching Water In Kwara, Dies by Easybet1(m): 9:18pm On Nov 08, 2023
ghettochild:

Nothing wrong with that..
The problem is that they didn't raise the well high enough.
We grew up in ajegunle fetching water from the well n having to use apoti or bucket to increase our height
That make it sound dangerous using apoti to increase your height. I schooled in Ilorin and I know how tough it was to get water mostly expecially during dry season.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Ademola Adeyeye: Surgical Oncologist From Nigeria, European Board Certified / In Delta, Mad Woman Gives Birth To A Bouncing Baby By The Roadside (Photos) / NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.