Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? (1868 Views)

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary / Russia, Ukraine War: How Are Nigerians Living There Coping? / Why Are Nigerians So Successful In America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by ImoleNaija: 12:06pm On Nov 07, 2023
Re: Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by Isah24: 2:26pm On Nov 07, 2023
ImoleNaija:
I am currently in dire need of #130k and I looked around but found no one to turn to, as my close friends & relatives also look up to me. Besides, I understand that most people in Nigeria are facing one or two financial challenges.

I've always found it so difficult to request for financial assistance from people, but I have no choice now than to seek, if I must save my mental health from breaking down completely. The only person I intend to turn to for assistance stays in Canada, but then I don't know how Nigerians there are faring at the moment. Hence the reason for bringing this to the travel section.

Thanks
hmmm may God help us

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by donbrowser(m): 6:15pm On Nov 07, 2023
So if we tell you Nigerians in Canada are doing well and the person you have over there doesn't grant your wish, you will come back here to tag the person as being wicked right?

4 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by jieta: 6:37pm On Nov 07, 2023
donbrowser:
So if we tell you Nigerians in Canada are doing well and the person you have over there doesn't grant your wish, you will come back here to tag the person as being wicked right?
Even if he did not tag the person as wicked, he will rush and open another thread that Nigerians in Canada are suffering, because a Nigerian in Canada could not meet his need. Unsatisfied phillinstians, go look for your help elsewhere.

8 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by Kenn55: 6:48pm On Nov 07, 2023
jieta:
Even if he did not tag the person as wicked, he will rush and open another thread that Nigerians in Canada are suffering, because a Nigerian in Canada could not meet his need. Unsatisfied phillinstians, go look for your help elsewhere.

He is not looking for any help. He is just trying to stir up their useless naija vs abroad debate.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by Kennyg290: 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2023
Mr man, ask help from anyone you know abroad,it's not a must they give you. Whether you like it or not,abi you believe or not, Canada is a safe haven for millions of immigrants including Nigerians.

4 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by Ekpekus(m): 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
ImoleNaija:
I am currently in dire need of #130k and I looked around but found no one to turn to, as my close friends & relatives also look up to me. Besides, I understand that most people in Nigeria are facing one or two financial challenges.

I've always found it so difficult to request for financial assistance from people, but I have no choice now than to seek, if I must save my mental health from breaking down completely. The only person I intend to turn to for assistance stays in Canada, but then I don't know how Nigerians there are faring at the moment. Hence the reason for bringing this to the travel section.

Thanks
Instead if you to ask the person concerning your need, you dey ask question.
So if you are told they are doing well in Canada, does that mean the person will lend you money?
Better ask him directly o... it is either a yes or no answer. Just manage your expectations.

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by Ekpekus(m): 10:00pm On Nov 07, 2023
Kenn55:

He is not looking for any help. He is just trying to stir up their useless naija vs abroad debate.
Well said...
Re: Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by poshestmina(f): 5:53am On Nov 08, 2023
If they are doing well,does that make you entitled to his/her money? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by LadyAlison(f): 6:25am On Nov 08, 2023
You just want to stir up a useless and unnecessary Naija vs abroad debate, you don't need any help.

If you want to go to abroad, work hard and go
If you want to stay, stay stop seeking validation. So if the person in Canada is not able to help you, you'll now form a conclusion that Nigerians abroad are suffering?
. Mtchewww

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by BigDawsNet: 7:47am On Nov 08, 2023
ImoleNaija:

Thanks

They are doing quite well.. not too fancy but pretty good.. you can go ahead and make your request but don't be too hopeful... some are facing some rising costs issue over there right now... so probably you may get half of the money you requested for if you lucky...

Just ask and see...

God bless

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by ImoleNaija: 8:32am On Nov 08, 2023
BigDawsNet:

They are doing quite well.. not too fancy but pretty good.. you can go ahead and make your request but don't be too hopeful... some are facing some rising costs issue over there right now... so probably you may get half of the money you requested for if you lucky...

Just ask and see...

God bless

Thanks & God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by Schrodinger2(m): 3:13pm On Nov 08, 2023
Although ednut1 is doing well financially, let's wait for him to give a general response objectively.

To Nigerians asking for money from abroad, do not be completely certain you'd get what you asked for, albeit I recently gave a friend after he said his mum was sick.

Family back home is the priority if we're to send anything to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by NnamdiN: 3:29pm On Nov 08, 2023
Lol if he's a newcomer, don't ask him. He might block you sef. E red
If you guys were/are very close then you can try.
Re: Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by ednut1(m): 3:39pm On Nov 08, 2023
Schrodinger2:
Although ednut1 is doing well financially, let's wait for him to give a general response objectively.

To Nigerians asking for money from abroad, do not be completely certain you'd get what you asked for, albeit I recently gave a friend after he said his mum was sick.

Family back home is the priority if we're to send anything to Nigeria.
this is a trolling thread. Abeg o i am not doing well. I dont have a million dollars in my account yet.

From last monday to today, i have gotten money request from about 4 people. ( seniors from primary school/ neighborhood , contract staff where i used to work, and 2 university colleagues) .

One of them is not aware another colleague of ours in school work in the same company and sometimes seat together. He billed two of us once for same issue. We later go to find out since then i just ignore his chat.

How many people person fit help The bills here no be joke πŸ˜†

3 Likes

Re: Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by ImoleNaija: 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2023
ednut1:
this is a trolling thread. Abeg o i am not doing well. I dont have a million dollars in my account yet.

From last monday to today, i have gotten money request from about 4 people. ( seniors from primary school/ neighborhood , contract staff where i used to work, and 2 university colleagues).

The bolded is exactly my concern.
20 people could be making requests at the same time, considering the fact that he's also the breadwinner of his family.
I myself know the number of requests I get here at times, not to mention someone abroad.

It is well, my brother.

1 Like

Re: Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by Schrodinger2(m): 4:32pm On Nov 09, 2023
ednut1:

From last monday to today, i have gotten money request from about 4 people. ( seniors from primary school/ neighborhood , contract staff where i used to work, and 2 university colleagues) .

One of them is not aware another colleague of ours in school work in the same company and sometimes seat together. He billed two of us once for same issue. We later go to find out since then i just ignore his chat.

Yeah, he's obviously trolling. I thought as much man.
Billing everywhere o.
Re: Are Nigerians In Canada Doing Fine Financially At The Moment? by nedekid: 1:34pm On Dec 10, 2023
poshestmina:
If they are doing well,does that make you entitled to his/her money? undecided
What brings entitlement into this story?

(1) (Reply)

Planning On Moving To Ghana. / Austria Waka / Some Lovely Places You Won’t Believe Is In Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.