Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! (479 Views)

Once Husband And Wife Sleep In Different Beds, The Marriage Is Almost Over ..... / My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / My Landlord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by NevetsIbot(m): 11:18pm On Nov 07, 2023
I moved to this 3bdr apartment in July and it has been very conducive. I only have to deal with the landlord and his small family in the whole compound - no other neighbors. I always have very minimal contact with the landlord and his family so there’s no issue at all.

I lied! There’s a big issue!

My landlord has two dogs. a cowardly timid and foolishhhh German shepherd and a Rottweiler.

The issue is with the timid German Shepard that will bark at you and drag at its chain like it intends to kill you but the moment it sees that you’re coming close to it, that dog can literally almost run and hide inside a wall and bark only when you leave it’s presence again.

This dog barks for no reason all through the night! I have not had a single visitor that didn’t complain the next morning. The Rottweiler is always quiet. There are dogs in the two compounds beside us but only this one barks all through the night with its high pitched cowardly derisive bark!!! ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!

I have tried to talk to the landlord’s son and ask why the dog barks all through the night and his shabby response was “maybe it saw something “…. NA ONLY THAT COWARDLY RIDICULOUS UGLY SHIRMP SHAPED DOG DEY SEE SOMETHING FOR STREET WEY MANY DOGS DEY? My landlords family sleep through the noise.

I’m this close to poisoning the dog. I’m tired of losing sleep and sleeping at 7am when it stops barking. My productivity is low cos I spend the most of my mornings sleeping nowadays. Imagine me sleeping at 7am and waking up at 12pm! The day is almost as good as gone! I freelance and the work I do can’t be done at night cos everyone I’m supposed to open trades with will be asleep!

What can I do?

1 Like

Re: My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 12:02am On Nov 08, 2023
Contact LASEPA.
The dog is commiting noise pollution.
Its kennel must be sealed.
Re: My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by slimjohn2k5: 12:57am On Nov 08, 2023
U not dey give shishi?
Try dey buy something for the dog
Re: My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by Nobody: 1:50am On Nov 08, 2023
NevetsIbot:
I moved to this 3bdr apartment in July and it has been very conducive. I only have to deal with the landlord and his small family in the whole compound - no other neighbors. I always have very minimal contact with the landlord and his family so there’s no issue at all.

I lied! There’s a big issue!

My landlord has two dogs. a cowardly timid and foolishhhh German shepherd and a Rottweiler.

The issue is with the timid German Shepard that will bark at you and drag at its chain like it intends to kill you but the moment it sees that you’re coming close to it, that dog can literally almost run and hide inside a wall and bark only when you leave it’s presence again.

This dog barks for no reason all through the night! I have not had a single visitor that didn’t complain the next morning. The Rottweiler is always quiet. There are dogs in the two compounds beside us but only this one barks all through the night with its high pitched cowardly derisive bark!!! ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!

I have tried to talk to the landlord’s son and ask why the dog barks all through the night and his shabby response was “maybe it saw something “…. NA ONLY THAT COWARDLY RIDICULOUS UGLY SHIRMP SHAPED DOG DEY SEE SOMETHING FOR STREET WEY MANY DOGS DEY? My landlords family sleep through the noise.

I’m this close to poisoning the dog. I’m tired of losing sleep and sleeping at 7am when it stops barking. My productivity is low cos I spend the most of my mornings sleeping nowadays. Imagine me sleeping at 7am and waking up at 12pm! The day is almost as good as gone! I freelance and the work I do can’t be done at night cos everyone I’m supposed to open trades with will be asleep!

What can I do?

You dey chop dog meat?

Why you think say the dog dey bark at you?
hehehe
Re: My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 08, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Contact LASEPA.
It's kennel must be sealed.

LASEPA will tune down the volume of the dog bark?

Call LASEPA for your landlord. E be like say eviction dey hungry you.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by SIXTEENTH(m): 5:34am On Nov 08, 2023
Just DMX the Dog

Believe me not, you must come back to thank me
Re: My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by poshestmina(f): 6:00am On Nov 08, 2023
Just try to find your way out of that compound especially with the nonchalant attitude of your landlord's family.

Sleep deprivation is something I can't overlook.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by mcdokwe(m): 6:08am On Nov 08, 2023
Is the dog well fed?

Don't think of poisoning it o, just like the landlord and his family, you just may need some 'getting used to"

That bark could be scaring away evil from you, if you come go poison am, you may be blowing your coverage and exposing yourself to harm
Re: My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by Westerhoffe(m): 7:07am On Nov 08, 2023
Skyview01:

LASEPA controls noise pollution.
Contact them bro.
Re: My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by Nazgul: 7:19am On Nov 08, 2023
Just report him anonymously to the appropriate authorities. Make sure you do it as descreet as possible so he doesn't know you're the one who filed the report or else your stay in that house would be hellish.
Re: My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by NevetsIbot(m): 9:02am On Nov 08, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Contact LASEPA.
Its kennel must be sealed.

I wonder if LASEPA is in Akure here
Re: My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by NevetsIbot(m): 9:03am On Nov 08, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
U not dey give shishi?
Try dey buy something for the dog

No be about give o. The Rottweiler knows and recognizes me. I pet that one even…. I want to believe that dog has some sort of brain damage
Re: My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by NevetsIbot(m): 9:05am On Nov 08, 2023
Skyview01:

You dey chop dog meat?

Why you think say the dog dey bark at you?
hehehe

Lol. I be dog lover o. I’ve got two Rottweilers but they’re not here. Ion eat dog at all 😂
Re: My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by NevetsIbot(m): 9:05am On Nov 08, 2023
Skyview01:

Atleast maybe he’ll give me my remaining rent and I’ll find a better apartment without noise
Re: My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by NevetsIbot(m): 9:06am On Nov 08, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
Just DMX the Dog

Believe me not, you must come back to thank me

What do you mean DMX boss?
Re: My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by NevetsIbot(m): 9:08am On Nov 08, 2023
poshestmina:
Just try to find your way out of that compound especially with the nonchalant attitude of your landlord's family.

Sleep deprivation is something I can't overlook.

Rent won’t be due for another 8 months…… assuming it was close to being due, I’d have started making plans to move out
Re: My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by NevetsIbot(m): 9:14am On Nov 08, 2023
mcdokwe:
Is the dog well fed?

Don't think of poisoning it o, just like the landlord and his family, you just may need some 'getting used to"

That bark could be scaring away evil from you, if you come go poison am, you may be blowing your coverage and exposing yourself to harm

The dogs are well fed with high proteinous food but the food this dog eats doesn’t show in its size.. it’s skinny and scrawny. That dog just has a lot of issues.

I’ve been here for five months and I’m not used to it at all.

WalahitalahiRaheemsterling, that dogs bark can not be scaring away evil. The landlord was telling me three months back that he wanted to sell off the dog…I guess nobody wanted to buy that dick looking dog from him
Re: My Landlord’s Dog Won’t Let Me Sleep In Peace!!!! by mcdokwe(m): 9:50am On Nov 08, 2023
NevetsIbot:

The dogs are well fed with high proteinous food but the food this dog eats doesn’t show in its size.. it’s skinny and scrawny. That dog just has a lot of issues.

I’ve been here for five months and I’m not used to it at all.

WalahitalahiRaheemsterling, that dogs bark can not be scaring away evil. The landlord was telling me three months back that he wanted to sell off the dog…I guess nobody wanted to buy that dick looking dog from him
😂, you have surely taken this extremely personal. Live and let live

(1) (Reply)

Married Couples Shud Stop Dyng In Silence. / I Need Linkedin Account / What Would You Do In This Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.