Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class (22720 Views)

Ayo Ojediran, OAU Lecturer, Slumps, Dies In His Office / Victoria Oluwaremilekun Adeniyi Is Dead! OAU Lecturer Slumps & Dies / Nicholas Igbokwe: OAU Lecturer Dies In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Exceed15: 7:08am On Nov 09, 2023
epainos:
Nigeria is an abnormal society. Read comments of m.ad people like the man above justifying his action. There are other ways of disciplining the girl, but the useless man as usual wanted to prove he is older than the girl. It is the right of the girl to defend herself from him. What about sending her out of the class. And if she doesnt walk out, he walks out and then take the right action. But he chose to force his will by laying his hands on the girl. And mum.u above just like the man are supporting the act. This is why they go to jail abroad. See eh...Nigeria is an abnormal society. This is why I dont regard anyone above 60. They are useless. Why? Na dem spoil Naija. Na dem holy pass...na dem sabi all...na dem want respect pass....but with the present state of Nigeria and with all the goodies available to them before and after independence. .look at where Nigeria is. Yet, they are still demanding respect. That generation is so manipulative. They use everything tovforce their will on people. If their useless words doesnt make sense, the next is to abuse the person by laying their hands on the victim. They dont mind using religious books to brain wash people. This generation ma.d oooò grin The portion they know in the Bible is honor your parents so your days may be long..if you quote parents, respect and love your children...they go go wild ni. Very selfish generation. They destroyed Nigeria. I pray the parents of the girl are well doing so they can treat the mess up of that useless ma d man. Just imagine...becos he thinks he is the alpha and omega in the class...he does not recognise the girl as an adult. Simple...use your authority and send her out of the class. Period. I know many lecturers who stepped aside until the kids walked out. Na the kids begged later because they kept sending the kids out of the class. Simple as ABC. That is the authority this man has. And it ends there. If the kid is useless and does not want to learn, it is automatic F. Period. But laying hands on the girl (an adult), this man needs to go to jail. But it is Naija na where abnormal people like those who have made comments above live. grin Werey plenty in naija grin

Jail ko, prison ni. It is also a punishable offence to be with phone in exam hall. The girl deserved the treatment. I follow rules& regulations any where I find myself. Na ur type no go fit work in an organization becos of una nonsense ego... Gerout of here
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Tonytonex(m): 7:09am On Nov 09, 2023
prigoz:

Inasmuch I don't support taking laws into our hands, I stand with the lecturer here, some students are overdoing things, even if your father is VC, you should show element of home training, and if you don't want to be disciplined, stay in your father's house. You that posted this on social media do that the lecturer will be punished, remember that what goes around comes around. Good morning good people, may good lord bless good work of your hand today, he will lead you out in peace and you won't come back empty handed.
You support the lecturer for assaulting in a lady?
As a man you should act with sense not with emotions. If she was your daughter or wife, would you still stand with him?
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Paramount01(m): 7:09am On Nov 09, 2023
ILoveFaith:
He should be dismissed and jailed immediately.
That’s how they abusive every small privilege.

Abused small previalge,which privilege abeg
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Gentlevip: 7:09am On Nov 09, 2023
That girl is likely knows she won't graduate. So she wants to pull the doctor in.

In my school, it will be the students that will disgrace her, not busy making camera

I hate unruly lots. Bad or no upbringing.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Exceed15: 7:11am On Nov 09, 2023
Fugazy2023:
If I'm that lecturer, that girl will not enter my class for at least 5 classes.

I'll make sure she carry - over the course.. Stupid girl
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Paramount01(m): 7:12am On Nov 09, 2023
epainos:
Nigeria is an abnormal society. Read comments of m.ad people like the man above justifying his action. There are other ways of disciplining the girl, but the useless man as usual wanted to prove he is older than the girl. It is the right of the girl to defend herself from him. What about sending her out of the class. And if she doesnt walk out, he walks out and then take the right action. But he chose to force his will by laying his hands on the girl. And mum.u above just like the man are supporting the act. This is why they go to jail abroad. See eh...Nigeria is an abnormal society. This is why I dont regard anyone above 60. They are useless. Why? Na dem spoil Naija. Na dem holy pass...na dem sabi all...na dem want respect pass....but with the present state of Nigeria and with all the goodies available to them before and after independence. .look at where Nigeria is. Yet, they are still demanding respect. That generation is so manipulative. They use everything tovforce their will on people. If their useless words doesnt make sense, the next is to abuse the person by laying their hands on the victim. They dont mind using religious books to brain wash people. This generation ma.d oooò grin The portion they know in the Bible is honor your parents so your days may be long..if you quote parents, respect and love your children...they go go wild ni. Very selfish generation. They destroyed Nigeria. I pray the parents of the girl are well doing so they can treat the mess up of that useless ma d man. Just imagine...becos he thinks he is the alpha and omega in the class...he does not recognise the girl as an adult. Simple...use your authority and send her out of the class. Period. I know many lecturers who stepped aside until the kids walked out. Na the kids begged later because they kept sending the kids out of the class. Simple as ABC. That is the authority this man has. And it ends there. If the kid is useless and does not want to learn, it is automatic F. Period. But laying hands on the girl (an adult), this man needs to go to jail. But it is Naija na where abnormal people like those who have made comments above live. grin Werey plenty in naija grin

Well said! Abeg you are from which state
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by erniok(m): 7:13am On Nov 09, 2023
mabeni:
Because you don't respect your parents and they tolerate your nonsense back home doesn't mean strangers will.

The school should endeavor to fishout whoever posted the video on the internet and rusticate him or her.
Rusticate on what ground. Abi na so dem dey rusticate for your school/alma mater?
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Paramount01(m): 7:14am On Nov 09, 2023
DesChyko:
Undue influence.

Dock her points for flouting class rules, not physically assaulting her. The world is moving on, Mr Lecturer.

The world is moving on and what has the world generate to has it been better than before? Hiw will u feel when a girl girl that is not up to your last born age misbehaving to u?
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by royalfly(m): 7:14am On Nov 09, 2023
prigoz:

Inasmuch I don't support taking laws into our hands, I stand with the lecturer here, some students are overdoing things, even if your father is VC, you should show element of home training, and if you don't want to be disciplined, stay in your father's house. You that posted this on social media do that the lecturer will be punished, remember that what goes around comes around. Good morning good people, may good lord bless good work of your hand today, he will lead you out in peace and you won't come back empty handed.

Punish the lecturer 4 what exactly, let me tell u even the VC may av done worse. I don't see any meaningful assault there. He took the phone and pushed her out. That was not a punch. These are the future wives that people will come out to say my husband is beating me.trust me, any man that marries thus girl is doomed except she changes. If she were to be my daughter when she comes home even if she is in final year, I swear I will belt her like mad for disrespecting me. Because she just disrespected her father not even the lecturer. I pray oau understands this properly and deal with that girl. People need to learn. In this guy time, he would not try it and he is passing on that legacy. So if she was at her engineering jo and the boss says switch off all phones as the room is not receptive to phone device she would say no. Abeg somethings with these girls is just demonic.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Exceed15: 7:14am On Nov 09, 2023
sahab2325:

Imagine your thought on this!
Discipline is part of learning and if you are not ready to learn, you can not use your foolishness to disturb others..
I guess you also lack basic manner!

Oh God .. why u dey answer dat mumu sef. If these rubbish are allowed in tertiary schools, there would be no universities anymore because anybody can do anything and walk away.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by royalfly(m): 7:15am On Nov 09, 2023
erniok:

Rusticate on what ground. Abi na so dem dey rusticate for your school/alma mater?

She needs 2 semesters. Simple
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Exceed15: 7:16am On Nov 09, 2023
Kaido:

From your comment, it seems u were raised by a single mom

Gbamm!

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Exceed15: 7:18am On Nov 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

Yes, and I daresay she did it to provoke the man into striking her...to get him sacked.

Having said that, assault is still assault, and there are better ways of handling it calmly...and pleasantly. Shouting at people doesn't get immediate compliance.

Forget that thing. U need to show other side sometimes to earn ur respect. If u need to shout at people to treat continual disrespect, do it.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by royalfly(m): 7:18am On Nov 09, 2023
Paramount01:

Well said! Abeg you are from which state

I stopped reading when u said u don't regard anyman above 60 and they are useless. I pray u live above 60. U all just want to sound woke and say nonsense. The man did not take laws into his hands or anything. This is nigeria, abroad is not nigeria so act like Nigerian. Abegiiii
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by DesChyko: 7:19am On Nov 09, 2023
Paramount01:
How will u feel when a girl girl that is not up to your last born age misbehaving to u?

I'll try to see her parents if I have the time. I'll also use that as a reference point to raise my kids better.

An old man once said if you wake up in the morning and a domestic fowl starts chasing you the moment you stepped outside, run away because it may have grown teeth overnight.

In today's times, this video can cost that man his job.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by erniok(m): 7:20am On Nov 09, 2023
Blackdisciple:
Certainly while he was lecturing the student was busy watching tiktok

See the how your quickly assumed wrongly. The student got into the wrong class and wanted to exit. This is what led to the whole incident.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by romeocares2: 7:21am On Nov 09, 2023
Now you tag it as assault. Stupid foolish girl is not the only person in that class. She should have put the phone on silent rather than disturbing the entire class. No respect for the lecturers anymore
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by erniok(m): 7:21am On Nov 09, 2023
royalfly:

She needs 2 semesters. Simple
He's a guy and not even his student.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 09, 2023
nairalanda1:

If I said the same to you, you won't like it
My bad, I always find that statement funny; Thought it's same for everyone.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by riczy(m): 7:29am On Nov 09, 2023
tunwumi:
do you have parents?
She does, but she controls her parents
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by ariesbull: 7:30am On Nov 09, 2023
epainos:

Terrible English
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Tonytonex(m): 7:30am On Nov 09, 2023
aremubabs:

So, he should walk out of the class because of one student? He should sacrifice the time of other learners because of one rude, mannerless learner?

The only thing I agree with you is that he shouldn't have gone physical.

If I were the lecturer, I will not even ask her to switch off her phone. I won't let one student waste my time and the time of many others. But there is no way she would go scot-free.
Honestly, he shouldn't have gone physical with her. There are better ways of doing things. Just like Toni's sister told her parent in the Spykids movie.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Bomi(m): 7:32am On Nov 09, 2023
That scene is not good for academics! The Lecturer allows his ego to take over him. There are several procedures to deal with such without resulting in violence. The Lecturer is in charge of the class and he must be in charge in line with the rules and regulations of the School. He is not right for punching her. If she retaliates or faints what will happen? It will be assumed that she is defending herself. Solution: I am a lecturer and not your father, I will not allow you to disturb or distract other students in my class. The first thing to do is to order to silence the phone, secondly, I will order her out of the class. Thirdly I will call in security personnel to bundle her off the class and detain her until I am ready.
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Successfulben: 7:34am On Nov 09, 2023
Swearz...she really get mind. For Uniben I carry one course like that over till I enter my final year cos one useless lecturer think say I dey date him gf wey be my course and the idiot just marry.
freshkpomo:

This girl get mind o, try this rubbish for Uniben that year na home and away the lecturer go beat you.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Tonytonex(m): 7:37am On Nov 09, 2023
ariesbull:

Terrible English
LOL. Effect of early morning shayo
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by tunwumi: 7:43am On Nov 09, 2023
epainos:

Do you have parent? If yes, How do you address them when you disagree with their stance?
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by biina: 7:48am On Nov 09, 2023
If the student was a male that was much bigger than the lecturer, would he have even dared assault the student physically? undecided
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by NairaMaster1(m): 7:50am On Nov 09, 2023
freshkpomo:

This girl get mind o, try this rubbish for Uniben that year na home and away the lecturer go beat you.

She's very stupid. She has started practicing feminism from lecture hall.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by royalfly(m): 7:51am On Nov 09, 2023
erniok:

He's a guy and not even his student.

It's wrong to post that on the internet. If the school has laws to that effect then it should come to pay. At least the student who posted that needs warning. He was in that class and need not av his phone on recording in the first place. Good morning
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by Tonytonex(m): 7:54am On Nov 09, 2023
Exceed15:

Don't mind. Terrible toxic future wives
And that lecturer is probably a wife beater.

1 Like

Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by kcdendelo: 7:57am On Nov 09, 2023
ILoveFaith:
He should be dismissed and jailed immediately.
That’s how they abusive every small privilege.
Shut up
Re: OAU Lecturer Assault Student For Refusing To Switch Off Her Phone While In Class by erniok(m): 7:57am On Nov 09, 2023
royalfly:

It's wrong to post that on the internet. If the school has laws to that effect then it should come to pay. At least the student who posted that needs warning. He was in that class and need not av his phone on recording in the first place. Good morning
Good morning. Unless the school rules and ethics expressly forbids using phones in classes, there really nothing you can do either to the guy who was assaulted or the one that recorded. This is why student affairs unit have student handbook that contains various rules and ethics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools / Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History + Beliefs / COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.