Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Visiting Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visiting Nigeria (404 Views)

Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice / Man Tricks Wife And Kids Into Visiting Nigeria, Dumps Them And Returns To Spain / 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visiting Nigeria by zlibz712: 3:49am On Nov 10, 2023
Hello, I’m an nigerian-american that was born in america. I want to visit nigeria to reconnect with my roots and escape racism in america. Do you have any advice for black americans visiting/moving to nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Visiting Nigeria by Rhassidy360: 3:55am On Nov 10, 2023
De play
Re: Visiting Nigeria by 2special(m): 4:16am On Nov 10, 2023
zlibz712:
Hello, I’m an nigerian-american that was born in america. I want to visit nigeria to reconnect with my roots and escape racism in america. Do you have any advice for black americans visiting/moving to nigeria?
You're welcome
Re: Visiting Nigeria by Lovemeharder(f): 4:30am On Nov 10, 2023
That's great! But Nigeria for now is tough, but you're welcome anyways.

1 Like

Re: Visiting Nigeria by Minsk24: 6:08am On Nov 10, 2023
Just have adequate security with u, coz some village people might want to take advantage.... enjoy ur stay in naija...naija sweet but na insecurity kill am
Re: Visiting Nigeria by alakara(m): 9:06am On Nov 10, 2023
zlibz712:
Yes,you can come . I can be of help in case you need anything.
Cheers.
Re: Visiting Nigeria by Laird(m): 11:29am On Nov 10, 2023
Be down to earth and dress down

1 Like

Re: Visiting Nigeria by Juoflife1(f): 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2023
If you have family members from your parents, you can stay with them or invite to stay with you for a week or two. Till you get rugged grin. It's all good here. You just have to be security conscious, dress normal, speak slowly, shop in the supermarkets and always have change for roadside markets.
Re: Visiting Nigeria by DEBJOCH1(m): 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2023
zlibz712:

NOT THE BEST TIME TO RECONNECT WITH YOUR ROOT DUDE, BE REST ASSURED THAT YOU ARE COMING TO FACE MORE RACIAL OR ETHNIC ATTACK AND ABUSE. RACISM OVER THERE IS BETTER THAN WHAT YOU WILL BE COMING TO FACE HERE DUDE.

BUT IF YOU INSIST ON COMING, COME ALONG SIDE WITH LOTS OF JENZY'S AS BACK-UP BODY GUARD SECURITY.
Re: Visiting Nigeria by pansophist(m): 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2023
Only if this man could trade places with a lot of japarians. Only if...... grin

1 Like

Re: Visiting Nigeria by Sweetvie: 10:15pm On Nov 10, 2023
grin grin
Re: Visiting Nigeria by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:11pm On Nov 10, 2023
information to know

1. u shd dress moderate and well
2. don't use flashy things to attract strangers
3. use security if u must travel around the country
4. lodge in hotels that have security
5. u re welcome to NIGERIA and feel free to relate with people too.. we are nice and accommodating

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help / Arik Delays Abuja-accra Flight For 24 Hours, Mistreats Stranded Passengers / Breaking: Six Escape Death In Abuja Building Collapse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.