Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,347 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice (19749 Views)

Man Tricks Wife And Kids Into Visiting Nigeria, Dumps Them And Returns To Spain / 15 Things Foreigners Need To Know Before Visiting Nigeria / What Are The Requirements For A Foreigner Visiting Nigeria To Marry Her Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Tourist123: 1:25pm On May 19, 2023
I will be visiting Nigeria for the first time since Japaing 2 years ago, any security tips or economic tips I should know?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by ednut1(m): 1:32pm On May 19, 2023
grin This is funny. Nothing has changed in 2 years. Do the same things you did before japa

362 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Ireportlive: 2:20pm On May 19, 2023
The heat that would welcome you while stepping of the plane

Lol

Airport staff would beg and beg

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Tourist123: 4:20pm On May 19, 2023
ednut1:
grin This is funny. Nothing has changed in 2 years. Do the same things you did before japa
lol okay noted

6 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Tourist123: 4:20pm On May 19, 2023
Ireportlive:
The heat that would welcome you while stepping of the plane

Lol

Airport staff would beg and beg
chai 😆

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by pansophist(m): 4:41pm On May 19, 2023
If you left Nigeria when you are above 18, you shouldn't be asking this question. Just use common sense and you'll be fine.

155 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by ednut1(m): 4:52pm On May 19, 2023
pansophist:
If you left Nigeria when you are above 18, you shouldn't be asking this question. Just use common sense and you'll be fine.
Nigerians are funny. I went to Nigeria twice last year. A friend in Nigeria got to know i came and he was angry with me. “Why did you come, dont you know they are kidnapping people, if i japa i am not stepping foot in Nigeria again bla bla bla.”I was like nawa o. Me wey wear slippers and shorts waka around no one even look me 🤣🤣

250 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Mindlog: 5:15pm On May 19, 2023
Tourist123:
I will be visiting Nigeria for the first time since Japaing 2 years ago, any security tips or economic tips I should know?

2 years na yesterday nah, you haven't been away for long so nothing much has changed.

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by JeffreyJunior: 5:16pm On May 19, 2023
It's not as bad as it sounds in nairaland but still be careful.

I'm currently in my home state Anambra and will be here for a few more days. I can say it's relatively peaceful except for border towns.

First thing I've noticed is that state and non state folks are taking advantage of ipob uprising to commit crimes, settle scores and take vendetta actions for business and political deals gone wrong just like in the times of bakassi boys.

Be safe by blending in and limiting your outreach as soon as you land.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Tourist123: 6:14pm On May 19, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
It's not as bad as it sounds in nairaland but still be careful.

I'm currently in my home state Anambra and will be here for a few more days. I can say it's relatively peaceful except for border towns.

First thing I've noticed is that state and non state folks are taking advantage of ipob uprising to commit crimes, settle scores and take vendetta actions for business and political deals gone wrong just like in the times of bakassi boys.

Be safe by blending in and limiting your outreach as soon as you land.
Thanks boss. I will be spending 3 weeks. I plan to blend in definitely. Gonna be Driving Same old car, uber sometimes, etc

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Sweetvie: 9:57pm On May 19, 2023
Same old, Same old smiley

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by finallybusy: 10:57am On May 20, 2023
Buy bread from that side come.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by ImmanuelMyron(m): 5:33pm On May 20, 2023
[quote author=ednut1 post=123239374]Nigerians are funny. I went to Nigeria twice last year. A friend in Nigeria got to know i came and he was angry with me. “Why did you come, dont you know they are kidnapping people, if i japa i am not stepping foot in Nigeria again bla bla bla.”I was like nawa o. Me wey wear slippers and shorts waka around no one even look me
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Treadway: 6:20pm On May 20, 2023
Joker!

My advice is don't ever come back. Write off anyone you know here. They line up people everyday and pump them full of lead in Nigeria.

And on the economic side no be 500 we dey use barb here again, na 10k. Hope say you no dey carry bushy hair and beards come o. Overgrown hair na 50k dem dey charge o.

Small yansh shaking violently 🤣🤣🤣

14 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by slawomir: 1:20pm On May 23, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Halla me if you enter area

Maybe I fit arrange out we go take meet for Benin city make we smoke enough weed together

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by drizslim(m): 1:20pm On May 23, 2023
Once & when I leave I won't look back to here until I'm aged

5 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by gift2xl: 1:21pm On May 23, 2023
Remain where you de, make village people no remember you.
My own security update.

11 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Pkzonec: 1:21pm On May 23, 2023
Interesting
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by arejibadz(m): 1:21pm On May 23, 2023
lol who was president two years ago ?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Sleekcode: 1:21pm On May 23, 2023
Just 2 years.

Depending on the state you're headed

Your next destination might be 6ft from there flight to meet your maker
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by b0rn2fuck(m): 1:21pm On May 23, 2023
You better stay for now
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Ahmed4002(m): 1:21pm On May 23, 2023
Tourist123:

See this one? Abeg.. just two years and you saying such.

Mschew, na una type go come dey speak one yeye broken pidgin American english.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by AquaPetals(f): 1:21pm On May 23, 2023
Just stuff your bags with barrels of corn and cassava.
Nigeria would favour you!

5 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by muykem: 1:22pm On May 23, 2023
2 years is not a long time. Things are little expensive than before and you will notice some development.

14 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by safarilove(m): 1:22pm On May 23, 2023
Make Buhari comot make everything clear first

3 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Kobicove(m): 1:22pm On May 23, 2023
Nothing much has changed, just be wary of discussing your financial issues in public

6 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by ManWater: 1:22pm On May 23, 2023
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:22pm On May 23, 2023
This is funny grin

Just 2 yrs and u dey ask for security tip cheesy cheesy

Anyway here is my advice, I don't know which part of Nigeria you will be visiting but stay low key, all this una show off, going to joint to opress people and fake accent, keep it on a low, u don't know who can set u up for kidnapping in your community. My advice.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Zeus123: 1:22pm On May 23, 2023
Me 4yrs now outside of Nigeria, am sure will see some shock when I travel to Nigeria.

The inflation I suspect will be the first

5 Likes

Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by emperor4love(m): 1:22pm On May 23, 2023
Dey were u dey ooh
Re: Visiting Nigeria For The First Time In 2 Years, Any Advice by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 23, 2023
nothing changed, avoid troubled states, and no show offs

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lets Talk Oman / Iyabo Awokoya: Immigration Services At MMA (Lagos Airport) Is A Disaster / Trailer Falls On A Micra Cab In Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.