Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

C# Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / C# Help (1885 Views)

Needs C/C++ Help With Cleaning Up Codes For A Sendmail Application / C Help / Asp.net, Vb.net, C# Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C# Help by hsadiq(m): 4:25am On Oct 27, 2011
Good morning Nairalanders,
I have this project am working on,
its up to a stage  but i need to mail-merge stored data from either a text file or a database with a picture in a picturebox at run-time, now this picture is attached to a single data entry and  then displayed in ms word. ie, the said picture is in a picturebox of the interface so, on click of a button, the picture and the data will be displayed in ms word.

though i am able to display the stored data but the picture is not displaying.
i tried a lot of tricks, other hep i got online was that, i'lll have to save the image first then use its filename to copy and paste in ms word.

please help
Re: C# Help by Kobojunkie: 12:39am On Oct 28, 2011
You mind typing in English for those of us wey dey abc levels? I am sure what you need done is really simple to do but you don't need to cloak it in so much confusion. Tell us exactly what it is you need done IN PLAIN/SIMPLE ENGLISH, and I probably will be better able to help you then.
Re: C# Help by Seun(m): 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2011
Kobojunkie is trying to say she doesn't understand your question. Post the code here.
Re: C# Help by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Oct 28, 2011
^^ you don become typewriter??
Re: C# Help by Beaf: 9:37pm On Oct 28, 2011
hsadiq:

Good morning Nairalanders,
I have this project am working on,
its up to a stage  but i need to mail-merge stored data from either a text file or a database with a picture in a picturebox at run-time, now this picture is attached to a single data entry and  then displayed in ms word. ie, the said picture is in a picturebox of the interface so, on click of a button, the picture and the data will be displayed in ms word.

though i am able to display the stored data but the picture is not displaying.
i tried a lot of tricks, other hep i got online was that, i'lll have to save the image first then use its filename to copy and paste in ms word.

please help

I haven't done Office programming in years now, but the most useful trick you can employ for MS Word is HTML coding. Its much easier than the Word syntax and Word understands it perfectly. Give it a shot.
For mail merge though, I would write my own app, its not worth the trouble you are getting from Word, especially as all your data is in a database outside of Word.
Re: C# Help by jamhassan(m): 8:17am On Oct 29, 2011
Add on Adobe Photoshop and added some good feature i hop your whole format change mostly time i used it for long time if you get any other software that help me added some picture.

Email Marketing
Twitter follwers
Re: C# Help by dellnet: 11:39am On Oct 29, 2011
You may want to take a look at office automation. . .
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms178792%28v=VS.80%29.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/tcyt0y1f%28v=VS.80%29.aspx
Re: C# Help by hsadiq(m): 8:59am On Nov 09, 2011
I just want to apply a barcode font to some numbers AFTER the mail merge is completed.
Re: C# Help by Funnybro(m): 4:56pm On Aug 27, 2015
Mail Merge permits you to send same message to multiple client but with variance when it
for more details about mail merge follow the link below
http://www.techvaid.com/mail-merge-gmail-works-easy-steps-mail-merge/

(1) (Reply)

Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help / Creating A New Programming Language / The Top Best Developers And Programmers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.