Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote (19737 Views)

Naira Is "World's Best Performing Currency" In April - Bloomberg / I’m A Billionaire In Terms Of The Kind Of Ideas I Have- APAMS Boss / 4 Best-kept Secrets Of Business Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by MEGAWATCH: 9:01pm On Nov 11, 2023
Alliswell248:
Ipob miscreants won't agree

Yes because Yoruba Muslims are running out of their state only for IGBOS to buy up their papa graves that's why they are shouting IPOB IPOB everyday.
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Menclothing: 9:02pm On Nov 11, 2023
OneCandleAway:
If I was receiving monopoly on production of certain goods from govt of course Nigeria will be the best.

Why wasn't it the best for your dangite noodles when you had to compete with indomie?

List any thing dangote produce without more than 3 companies producing or giving sane licenses

Waiting

Most of you don’t even know the meaning of monopoly
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by igbsam(m): 9:03pm On Nov 11, 2023
Yet its not reflecting on its citizens and economy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by soccerlite: 9:03pm On Nov 11, 2023
Dangote coy trailer will kill and maim people nothing will happen

Dangote coy products will never take responsibility for financial, standard issues

No compensation no sanction

No court will get just for the victims

Why won't he use criminality and injustice has selling point for potential investors
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Gerrard59(m): 9:03pm On Nov 11, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Tell them sir. While our people keep running away, Chinese and Indians keep coming in and smiling to the bank. Imagine Chinese investing in our ceramics industry and exporting to China and other African countries. Them full edo state. Meanwhile, edo people would
be running to Italy and other EU countries. Chinese juju most be working.

Na wetin dey surprise me. Apart from cheap loans, what else makes them succeed against all odds?

Our annual rent in an highbrow area in a Nigerian city is one month rent overseas. I don't get it

Well, this is normal. Cost of living is usually lower in developing countries, especially if the income is in dollars. Just as rent is costlier in Lekki compared to Ewet Housing in Uyo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Blackdisciple(m): 9:03pm On Nov 11, 2023
No be lie he is saying the truth not just investments and return, even records on insurgency, bandit and terrorism also....

Reason is that they want the world to look at them as if they are doing fine that's why lie Mohammed always counter what ever news that comes out of Nigeria but the truth can't be hidden forever...
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by peacettw: 9:04pm On Nov 11, 2023
Greedy fool
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by MrPresident1: 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2023
Dangote is saying the truth
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by jojothaiv(m): 9:08pm On Nov 11, 2023
mactoni91:
Because everyone gets Cheap Labour.

Poor Compensation and Benefits.
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by VULCAN(m): 9:10pm On Nov 11, 2023
Is this not the man who announced the transfer of most of his net worth to dollars last year?

He must be seeking to deceive foreign investors.
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by SeaTrade(m): 9:12pm On Nov 11, 2023
zed7:
Obviously not speaking for the small businesses and even the big businesses folding up daily.

He's speaking for himself. Imagine getting dollar from CBN at 120 naira, far below the official rate and then cashing out by selling to their BDC companies.

Indeed it's a fantastic country for making quick returns when you're in the corridors of power.
Use to think you were smart,never would I have thought I'd find you in such pettiness.
You think a group like DIL will round trip dollar when they have machines and equipment worth multi billions of dollars to import to complete their refinery? undecided
What now do they do with the so called naira gains they made from round tripping?
Maybe you think Dangote is still looking for Duplex money,
Clown.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by SeaTrade(m): 9:14pm On Nov 11, 2023
FireUpNow:
We know but most foreign companies are folding up, eg GSK etc. Dongote has monopoly of some products and he is rolling with the govt to reap off Nigerians so he can talk thos way. Ok oo
Name one product Dangote has monopoly in and win 50k,
One product!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by SeaTrade(m): 9:20pm On Nov 11, 2023
bro4u:

Dem no born dangote noodles to compete with indomie
Why should a company that owns a great percentage of the cement market share and largest product capacity in Nigeria be fighting for market share to sell noodles with another noodle company that has more capacity and market share than it does ,when noodles isnt their priority revenue source? undecided
Doesn't common sense tell you it's time to abandon ship and focus on the ones they're already good at?Does that make them failures?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by SeaTrade(m): 9:22pm On Nov 11, 2023
soccerlite:

Dangote coy trailer will kill and maim people nothing will happen

Dangote coy products will never take responsibility for financial, standard issues

No compensation no sanction

No court will get just for the victims

Why won't he use criminality and injustice has selling point for potential investors
Nobody that knows their onions will pay you because their vehicle killed you on the road,that's why insurance exist.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Eriokanmi: 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2023
Gerrard59:

Na wetin dey surprise me. Apart from cheap loans, what else makes them succeed against all odds?

Well, this is normal. Cost of living is usually lower in developing countries, especially if the income is in dollars. Just as rent is costlier in Lekki compared to Ewet Housing in Uyo.
FYI, Chinese don't need our loans. They're well-equipped with what they brought from their country. Are you aware Chinese government support their citizen's investments in the foreign land? That's why out of 10 management staff in any Chinese company, their people must be 8. When in the USA back in the days, the American givernment fought them.iber this, same in Canada.

Are you aware there are companies and individuals doing well in Nigeria today and still paying yearly what our people pay in a country like USA monthly despite living above the standards of those living abroad? Each time I visit Disneyland in California, I hardly see a single black man or woman there in attendance during summer. Their bosses are at Disneyland with family while their staff...our people are busy working for them roubd the clock with an enticing overtime bonuses.

If many can look inward's, they'd realise how much they're missing by staying put over there.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by misterjosh(m): 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by membranus: 9:35pm On Nov 11, 2023
SeaTrade:
Use to think you were smart,never would I have thought I'd find you in such pettiness.
You think a group like DIL will round trip dollar when they have machines and equipment worth multi billions of dollars to import to complete their refinery? undecided
What now do they do with the so called naira gains they made from round tripping?
Clown.

Nevertheless, you can't deny that Dangote is being given unequal, under the table, government favours in terms of easy access to foreign currencies below normal rates, and tax holidays of almost ten years for most of his start ups. Also government helps in bullying other competitors for him to achieve monopolistic dominance.

With their tight antitrust laws, how many developed countries do that?
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by SeaTrade(m): 9:45pm On Nov 11, 2023
membranus:

Nevertheless, you can't deny that Dangote is being given unequal, under the table, government favours in terms of easy access to foreign currencies below normal rates, and tax holidays of almost ten years for most of his start ups. Also government helps in bullying other competitors for him to achieve monopolistic dominance.

With their tight antitrust laws, how many developed countries do that?
If CBN doesn't give DG unfettered access to fx,who then will they now give? undecided Plastics 40ft Chinese knock off importers?
You can't prove CBN sold fx to DG at less than official rates so drop it.
With scale comes power to bend rules to your favour in forms of tax holidays,breaks and waivers.
Even traders like myself that have scaled up sometimes clear the markets of choice products and cause artificial scarcity by sheer Purchase order volumes and hike prices afterwards,then imagine what now happens in you have the firepower of Dangote Group?It's not out of place oga,the world isn't suppose to be fair.Go big or go home.
There's nowhere government bullied anybody out of business because of DG,don't even bring up the boring Ibeto story.
Dangote is just smarter than everybody else,it's that simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by UNDFTD: 9:54pm On Nov 11, 2023
Of course, Nigeria is world's best kept secret in terms of ROI, when the Central Bank of Nigeria is your piggy Bank and the government allows you to be the sole monopoly of the most essential food commodities in the country!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Gerrard59(m): 9:54pm On Nov 11, 2023
Eriokanmi:
FYI, Chinese don't need our loans. They're well-equipped with what they brought from their country. Are you aware Chinese government support their citizen's investments in the foreign land? That's why out of 10 management staff in any Chinese company, their people must be 8. When in the USA back in the days, the American givernment fought them.iber this, same in Canada.

I agree with this, which is why I asked apart from the cheap loans from their government, what else makes them forge ahead in sectors one would ordinarily expect a Nigerian to thrive?

Are you aware there are companies and individuals doing well in Nigeria today and still paying yearly what our people pay in a country like USA monthly despite living above the standards of those living abroad?

Such companies exist everywhere, but they are few in Nigeria, mist of which are multinational. Very companies across the world pay more than their US counterparts. Most times, those companies are even American companies' branches.

Each time I visit Disneyland in California, I hardly see a single black man or woman there in attendance during summer. Their bosses are at Disneyland with family while their staff...our people are busy working for them roubd the clock with an enticing overtime bonuses.

To be fair, going to such places isn't really our thing, I think. Yes, doing certain jobs causes such to happen, but how we see enjoyment differs from others.

If many can look inward's, they'd realise how much they're missing by staying put over there.

I agree, but many do need the capital and knowledge to begin, which is why many will return to Nigeria after a while.
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Snakedoctor1: 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2023
Those whose palmnuts are cracked by the benevolent spirits wash their hands with humble waters.

- Chinua Achebe

When the patriarchs and power brokers rock your boat in a grossly nepotistic country, why won't such enclave be a gold mine to you in terms of investment returns.
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by REALretep(m): 9:59pm On Nov 11, 2023
dre11:

At the Investor Roundtable, dozens of Chief Executive Officers from several Saudi conglomerates specializing in construction, finance, new and traditional energy, healthcare, agriculture, electric power, mining, aviation, telecommunications, creative arts, and hospitality were present and made their exploratory pitches to President Tinubu on areas of tangible collaboration.

The Nigerian government delegation comprised of the Executive Governors of Bauchi, Niger and Katsina States; Minister of Finance & Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Mr. Wale Edun; Minister of Budget & Economic Planning, Sen. Abubakar Bagudu; Minister of Industry, Trade & Investment, Dr. Doris Uzoka-Anite; Minister of Communications, Innovation & Digital Economy, Dr. Bosun Tijani; Minister of Agriculture, Sen. Abubakar Kyari; Minister of Humanitarian Affairs & Poverty Alleviation, Dr. Betta Edu; and Minister of State for Petroleum Resources (Oil), Sen. Heineken Lokpobiri.
Just imagine this
Our politicians and leaders have made Nigeria a consuming nation.
How many of our CEOs of big and promising companies in this country did Tinubu invite to accompany him to Saudi Arabia? Only Dangote?

Tinubu went to the business summit with politicians while Saudi came to the summit with CEOs

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by membranus: 10:08pm On Nov 11, 2023
SeaTrade:
If CBN doesn't give DG unfettered access to fx,who then will they now give? undecided Plastics 40ft Chinese knock off importers?
You can't prove CBN sold fx to DG at less than official rates so drop it.
With scale comes power to bend rules to your favour in forms of tax holidays,breaks and waivers.
Even traders like myself that have scaled up sometimes clear the markets of choice products and cause artificial scarcity by sheer Purchase order volumes and hike prices afterwards,then imagine what now happens in you have the firepower of Dangote Group?It's not out of place oga,the world isn't suppose to be fair.Go big or go home.
There's nowhere government bullied anybody out of business because of DG,don't even bring up the boring Ibeto story.
Dangote is just smarter than everybody else,it's that simple.

So to you, being smart or being big like Dangote is for you to hike the prices of your goods to the detriment of your customers in a poor economy like Nigeria, just because you are besotted with declaring excessive profits to prove that you are a brilliant and invicible business man? That's evil.

You said I shouldn't mention Ibeto or BUA or Honeywell? why shouldn't I? When their angst against Dangote threatening business practices has been of public knowledge for many decades. Practices that cheat poor customers, government and competitors, and that deny the general public of due taxes needed for development.

Dangote is a cheat, a money glutton and a wicked glory seeker. I wish Tinubu would have the guts to clip his greedy wings.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by Adolfnigeria: 10:16pm On Nov 11, 2023
@BOSSkesh
You that know how much have you made from Nigeria ?
BOSSkesh:
Invest in Nigeria an yield beautiful returns
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by SeaTrade(m): 10:22pm On Nov 11, 2023
membranus:

So to you, being smart or being big like Dangote is for you to hike the prices of your goods to the detriment of your customers in a poor economy like Nigeria, just because you are besotted with declaring excessive profits to prove that you are a brilliant and invicible business man? That's evil.

You said I shouldn't mention Ibeto or BUA or Honeywell? why shouldn't I? When their angst against Dangote threatening business practices has been of public knowledge for many decades. Practices that cheat poor customers, government and competitors, and that deny the general public of due taxes needed for development.

Dangote is a cheat, a money glutton and a wicked glory seeker. I wish Tinubu would have the guts to clip his greedy wings.
Remember,you don't just hike the price because you want to.
You have to own majority of the entire supply to be able to control price point in the markets,so to you,does it take a dunce to be able to control supply in a market?Do you know what it takes to acquire the capacity to be able to mop up/own an entire/majority supply in a 200m people market ?You think a fool can do that?
There's nothing illegal about milking your customers if you can,afterall it's a free market,you can always get from the competition.But of course my competitors can't supply you cause they can't fill up the supply volume I offer you so you'd always come back to me and buy at my prices after my weak competitors have exhausted their meagre supplies .
Bleep the customers,Bleep the consumers,Bleep the distributors,Bleep morality
What matters is profits,EOD.
You can all see BUA that put ex depot prices at N3500 and yet prices are yet to reflect on the streets because the volumes to actually crash street prices aren't there because distros will simply mop up all he's got to offer at 3500,hoard and maintain old price,rinse and repeat.This wouldn't happen if BUA can oversupply and flood the markets,
Abi where distributors want see money and warehousing to mop up and hoard 60MMTPA capacity of cement if BUA could achieve this? undecided Business isn't black and white dear friend.
That means he just enriched middlemen and made no effect on consumers asides media parade,
Again Bleep the customers, its business.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by nedekid: 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2023
Faiththatworks:
Oga Dangote we are following you bumper to bumper,let the world know the real truth about Nigeria.
Nigeria is an investor's delight.
Electricity generation and supply is chaotic, invest in it and make massive returns.....

Rail Transportation is non existent,invest in it and make massive returns.....

Education nko, open a primary, secondary or even a university and make good returns....

Housing Deficiency is something else,my brother,have the capital to build properties anywhere in Nigeria and make your returns....
Even Ordinary japa is big business,I read somewhere a company called Vesta is packaging japa location and procedures and they are smiling to the bank.
I keep saying to all the intelligent investors,Oga Dangote is ringing the bell for the massive explosion that's coming.
I take Ibeju-lekki as an example, imagine having Agbara in Ogun state,Warri in Delta State and Apapa in Lagos in one Single Local Government,infact in one Street in Nigeria...

Dangote Refinery,Lekki Sea Port and Lekki Trade free Zone are located within 5 minutes of each other in One local government in Lagos,the opportunities that will happen in that area alone in the next 5 years will be mind-bugling,throw in the Lagos-Calabar road and what you have is any investors delight.
That's why Kenttimo Limited is selling cheap properties cos we have already tapped into Alhaji Dangote Dream.
Patronize Us for Your Landed property in My Estate.....
https://www.nairaland.com/7905580/introducing-silvergate-estate-ibeju-lekki

IF YOU ONLY SEE AND HEAR THE EVIL IN NIGERIA,YOU WILL MISS OUT OF THE GOOD.
God Bless Nigeria....
So why have you not become a billionaire? Cos if you had, you wount have time to spend hours on this forum, using different Monika to write crap. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by nedekid: 10:32pm On Nov 11, 2023
soccerlite:

Mumu

You think common innocent nigerians enjoy it

Go and collect loan for bank, or apply for waiver

Mtchew
Are you minding that troll? People that have never ran a business in their lives.
Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by nedekid: 10:41pm On Nov 11, 2023
SeaTrade:
Clown.
So if you have acess to cheap dollar as a businessman, will you buy the dollar and use it to immediately import needed equipments? How much will I make from such equipment compared to round tripping? Wount it make more sense to round trip multiple times, and finally import the equipment with my gain from the money? At least that is what who you say is smart will do.
Abi, who does not like easy money? Why do you think the refinary did not open years back despite all the billions of dollars Emefiele, kyari made available to dangote?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by SeaTrade(m): 10:50pm On Nov 11, 2023
nedekid:

So if you have acess to cheap dollar as a businessman, will you buy the dollar and use it to immediately import needed equipments? How much will I make from such equipment compared to round tripping? Wount it make more sense to round trip multiple times, and finally import the equipment with my gain from the money? At least that is what who you say is smart will do.
Abi, who does not like easy money? Why do you think the refinary did not open years back despite all the billions of dollars Emefiele, kyari made available to dangote?
So CBN na US federal reserve with unlimited fx supply that you'd just be round tripping billions of $$ and keep going back and keep getting fx supply abi?
You sef think am na bros.
How it works I'd DG can say we want xyz amount of fx over xyz time frame,paid to xyz supplier(credible) overseas.DG pays in yhe naira and CBN pays the supplier overseas for the equipment the $ equivalent.All these have papertrail,someone should expose it and not beer parlour talk abeg.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by cococandy(f): 10:55pm On Nov 11, 2023
If I had every policy maker in my pocket I’d say the same too

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote by SeaTrade(m): 10:57pm On Nov 11, 2023
cococandy:
If I had every policy maker in my pocket I’d say the same too
The real question is why don't you have a policy maker in your pocket?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets / Exxonmobil Declares Force Majeure On Qua Iboe Terminal, Ibeno / Five Top Exporters Earn $22m In Two Months – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.