Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets (19722 Views)

Anambra Traders Ban Prayers In Markets / Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) / FG Stops 571,000 Tonnes Of Foreign Rice From Entering Nigeria.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by investnow2013: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
The Ebonyi Government is to enforce its ban on the sale of foreign rice in markets and other outlets in the State.

Gov. David Umahi made the disclosure when participants of the Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Senior Course 39, Jaji, visited him in Abakaliki on Monday.

According to the governor, the order would soon be enforced to ensure that the residents patronised home-grown Ebonyi Rice.

“I will personally lead a task-force, consisting of the State Executive Council members to various markets and enforce the order.

“Individuals who are selling the produce will provide certification of its quality because most of the rice brought into the state is not parboiled.

“Any rice that is not parboiled after six months turns to chaff as most of them brought into the country stay for about 10 years before being imported.

“The rice then becomes poisonous and we have banned cooking of non-Ebonyi rice inside the state’s Government House, hotels and public functions.

“The Ebonyi rice still presents its unique taste even when cooked without meat and we will give you some quantities for attestation”, he said.

The governor remarked that the state had three functional rice mills and would inaugurate mills in the 13 Local Government Areas of the state before the end of 2017.

?
“When we conclude the inauguration, we will consult our stakeholders who show zeal and commitment but may not have money to purchase the mills.

“We will then aggregate and sell the mills to them with government maintaining about 20 per cent minimum equity shares and the stakeholders-80 per cent.

“This is the type of Public Private Partnership (PPP) we will be engaging, in line with the theme of your study-`tour of the state’,” he said.

Leader of the delegation, Commodore Michael Okonkwo, said the study tour was one of the programmes that enabled participants to study the socio-economic problems that confront the country.

“The theme of the tour is: Enhancing Economic Development through Public-Private Partnership’’, as we aim at evaluating aspects of the theme that concerns Ebonyi.

“We are the third group of the study-tour consisting of 27 members and nine other groups are touring other states of the country for the same objective.

“The other selected states include: Anambra, Gombe, Cross River, Kano, Nasarawa, Niger, Rivers, Taraba, and Zamfara”, he said.

He said each team required to write a report and make a formal presentation to the college on their observation in the visited states

“We will be glad to have the governor or his representative at the collage during the report presentation in January. I will make a formal request on that through a letter”, he said. (NAN)

http://dailypost.ng/2016/11/21/ebonyi-bans-sale-foreign-rice-markets/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by investnow2013: 3:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
Why Foreign Rice in Ebonyi State in The First place?

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Boleyndynasty2(f): 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
That's great, the abakaliki rice I've had is very good and it can stay overnight without warming it after cooking

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 3:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 22, 2016
OP, your original post was not well copied, some irrelevant paragraphs are there-in.

Great idea by Devil Umahi, as he is infamously called in Ebonyi state. Abakaliki rice is of high standard, moreover you buy made in Nigeria to grow naira.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Godprotectigbos(f): 3:31pm On Nov 22, 2016
i love that grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

igbo nation on a run cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

we are progressing

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by babadem2much(m): 3:32pm On Nov 22, 2016
Yes we need home grown rice but less price. We as people patronizing our own should enjoy some benefits from the government who enforced the ban of foreign staples

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by diehardanusfan(m): 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
i love it, my abakiliki rice i s worth 12000naira

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by investnow2013: 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2016
Funnicator:
OP, your original post was not well copied, some irrelevant paragraphs are there-in.

Great idea by Devil Umahi, as he is infamously called in Ebonyi state. Abakaliki rice is of high standard, moreover you buy made in Nigeria to grow naira.
Sorted it bros!!
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by achi4u(m): 3:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
You don't need to ban foreign rice rather make local rice cheap. The gap between the price of foreign and local rice is just 2 to 3k per bag so it is left for you to choose between the two.
Abakaliki rice is very sweet and can last forever with little or no stone.

26 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by legendte(m): 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2016
Damage control
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by henrydadon(m): 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2016
grin

good move from the goverment.. meanwhile this guy just commit mass rape grin grin

[img]http://i./ZCz5aIeppk42A.gif[/img]

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by policy12: 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2016
Good

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by chiwetaluAGU(m): 5:09pm On Nov 22, 2016
angry sad
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by henrydadon(m): 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
That's great, the abakaliki rice I've had is very good and it can stay overnight without warming it after cooking

grin grin

this looks like a clear case of poverty to me grin

[img]http://i./1PgPvWLfXGkCY.gif[/img]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by sanandreas(m): 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
Ebony gold is better than most foreign rice. Try to buy Ebony gold rice from Ebonyi state.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by investnow2013: 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
achi4u:
You don't need to ban foreign rice rather make local rice cheap. The gap between the price of foreign and local rice is just 2 to 3k per bag so it is left for you to choose between the two.
Abakaliki rice is very sweet and can last forever with little or no stone.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by yomalex(m): 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
Is that even possible?
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by AntiWailer: 5:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
Awesome idea.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Caliph69: 5:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
Misplaced priority.
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Vanpascore(m): 5:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
What will they say about it now? When FG stopped importation, all blame were for Buhari, their gov has learnt from baba.

6 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by osemoses1234(m): 5:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
Rubbish lipsrsealed
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by seguno2: 5:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
Good move.
Better move will be a very hefty state sales tax on imported rice that will be used to further promote and develop local production.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by angeltolly(f): 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
What type of rice do they eat in Ebonyi state government house. Yeye dey smell embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Lukay99: 5:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
Godprotectigbos:
i love that grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

igbo nation on a run cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

we are progressing

Will you say the same thing if it was Buhari that ban a imported product just to promote locally produced product ?

14 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by billyG(m): 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
Good development!each states shld produce & process what they hav comparative advantages.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by buffalowings: 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
Haha I laff in spanish
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by kedunaija(m): 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
whats up with this constant ban on forign rice... me i know like nigerian rice oo
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by Newmanluckyman(m): 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
... Ebonyi rice is very awesome, tasty and delicious. We need more of our local content and the govt needs to support that sector very well.
Re: Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets by canalily(m): 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
Ebonyi rice is sweet buh full of sand..angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Supports 18,000 Nigerian Businesses With $244m / How Can I Receive OTP Via My Phone With Access Bank Mastercard / Youtube Appoints Alex Okosi As Managing Director, Emerging Markets, EME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.