Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,490 members, 7,836,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

The Quality Of Nollywood Movies Has Gone Down Drastically - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Quality Of Nollywood Movies Has Gone Down Drastically (376 Views)

Money Rituals: In Defence Of Nollywood / Full List Of Winners At The Best Of Nollywood Awards 2017(see List) / Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Quality Of Nollywood Movies Has Gone Down Drastically by GeeM: 7:04pm On Nov 12, 2023
I was watching some Nollywood movies yesterday on cable tv and couldn't fail to realize the decline in quality between recent movies and those of old. The quality of the script, storyline, new actors and all was just below standard. This made me remember the days of Nkem Owoh, Pete edochie, Sam loco efe, Chinedu ikedieze, osita iheme and co. Actors who graced our TV screens and gave us undiluted joy. Not forgetting their female counterparts like Genevieve nnaji, omotola, oge okoye, Rita Dominic, chioma chukwuka, mercy Johnson, ini Edo and co.
Re: The Quality Of Nollywood Movies Has Gone Down Drastically by immortalcrown(m): 7:06pm On Nov 12, 2023
You still dey watch Asaba movies.

Nollywood has upgraded a bit. But they take the new good movies to Netflix first.

1 Like

Re: The Quality Of Nollywood Movies Has Gone Down Drastically by GeeM: 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2023
immortalcrown:

Nollywood has upgraded a bit. But they take the new good movies to Netflix first.

Lol I still dey watch o, their cinema movies are okay, I mean the mainstream Nollywood. That's if u understand what I mean
Re: The Quality Of Nollywood Movies Has Gone Down Drastically by SIXTEENTH(m): 7:15pm On Nov 12, 2023
Nollywood movies with their wack storyline, you're trying by watching it, I don't even know when last I watched naija film.
But try get Netflix logging's and enjoy quality movies with educational plot

1 Like

Re: The Quality Of Nollywood Movies Has Gone Down Drastically by immortalcrown(m): 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2023
GeeM:
Lol I still dey watch o, their cinema movies are okay, I mean the mainstream Nollywood. That's if u understand what I mean
Dem dey do the rubbish because una dey watch am anyhow e be. If dem dey make loss, dem for don stop the rubbish.

1 Like

Re: The Quality Of Nollywood Movies Has Gone Down Drastically by GeeM: 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2023
immortalcrown:
Dem dey do the rubbish because una dey watch am anyhow e be. If dem dey make loss, dem for don stop the rubbish.

They put it on African magic abi na to off DStv completely
Re: The Quality Of Nollywood Movies Has Gone Down Drastically by immortalcrown(m): 7:20pm On Nov 12, 2023
GeeM:

They put it on African magic abi na to off DStv completely
Change channel.
Re: The Quality Of Nollywood Movies Has Gone Down Drastically by GeeM: 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2023
SIXTEENTH:
Nollywood movies with their wack storyline, you're trying by watching it, I don't even know when last I watched naija film.
But try get Netflix logging's and enjoy quality movies with educational plot

Alright
Re: The Quality Of Nollywood Movies Has Gone Down Drastically by GeeM: 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2023
immortalcrown:
Change channel.

Lol
Re: The Quality Of Nollywood Movies Has Gone Down Drastically by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2023
grin grin Absolutely true.Majority of Nollywood movies today, especially the Asaba ones are completed trash, portraying all sorts of rubbish and unrealistic themes.
Not all of them are even commercial or market worthy with so many being resounding commercial failures.
Many Nollywood producers, scriptwriters and directors produce complete rubbish as a result of lack of proper research on a particular subject, unrealistic themes, repetition of a saturated storyline like Prince meeting a poor village girl, competition among royal children for the throne and etc, poor lighting and sound, poor focus of the camera.
So many Nollywood movies portray unrealistic themes like a king spending millions of naira,maids and guards standing like trees to serve fantasy royalty.This is very common with the Asaba movies, which portray royal power which is totally unrealistic in real life.
Many Asaba movies are highly predictable which includes the royalty craps.By merely looking at the poster,title you can tell what happened in the movie, without even watching a single scene.
You can't compare the craps churned out today with the movies of the 90s and 2000s.
In those movies, there's proper research on subject matter before production.
But even so,30% of Nollywood movies today are wonderful especially the Cinema ones which often feature actors like Stan Nze,DKD, Omotola Jalade Ekehinde, Genevieve Nnaji,RMD, Ramsey Noah,Olu Jacobs,Monalisa Chinda,Omoni Oboli,Ifeanyi Kalu, and others like them.

1 Like

Re: The Quality Of Nollywood Movies Has Gone Down Drastically by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2023
immortalcrown:

Asaba movies are a complete disgrace to movie making, often being very predictable and portraying rubbish and unrealistic themes.

1 Like

Re: The Quality Of Nollywood Movies Has Gone Down Drastically by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2023
GeeM:
I was watching some Nollywood movies yesterday on cable tv and couldn't fail to realize the decline in quality between recent movies and those of old. The quality of the script, storyline, new actors and all was just below standard. This made me remember the days of Nkem Owoh, Pete edochie, Sam loco efe, Chinedu ikedieze, osita iheme and co. Actors who graced our TV screens and gave us undiluted joy. Not forgetting their female counterparts like Genevieve nnaji, omotola, oge okoye, Rita Dominic, chioma chukwuka, mercy Johnson, ini Edo and co.
You are over correct,bro.
The quality indeed has really deprecated tremendously, with lots of crappy films with crappy storyline, unrealistic themes, being churned out every year.
The actors you mentioned really graced Nollywood and are still, including Liz Benson who has long staged a comeback to the screen.

1 Like

Re: The Quality Of Nollywood Movies Has Gone Down Drastically by libertyfather(m): 8:03pm On Nov 12, 2023
you never see anything,,, u don see movie title like " she married her husband who pretend as maid, the title has tell u all about the movie in a sentence
Re: The Quality Of Nollywood Movies Has Gone Down Drastically by GeeM: 8:38pm On Nov 12, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
grin grin Absolutely true.Majority of Nollywood movies today, especially the Asaba ones are completed trash, portraying all sorts of rubbish and unrealistic themes.
Not all of them are even commercial or market worthy with so many being resounding commercial failures.
Many Nollywood producers, scriptwriters and directors produce complete rubbish as a result of lack of proper research on a particular subject, unrealistic themes, repetition of a saturated storyline like Prince meeting a poor village girl, competition among royal children for the throne and etc, poor lighting and sound, poor focus of the camera.
So many Nollywood movies portray unrealistic themes like a king spending millions of naira,maids and guards standing like trees to serve fantasy royalty.This is very common with the Asaba movies, which portray royal power which is totally unrealistic in real life.
Many Asaba movies are highly predictable which includes the royalty craps.By merely looking at the poster,title you can tell what happened in the movie, without even watching a single scene.
You can't compare the craps churned out today with the movies of the 90s and 2000s.
In those movies, there's proper research on subject matter before production.
But even so,30% of Nollywood movies today are wonderful especially the Cinema ones which often feature actors like Stan Nze,DKD, Omotola Jalade Ekehinde, Genevieve Nnaji,RMD, Ramsey Noah,Olu Jacobs,Monalisa Chinda,Omoni Oboli,Ifeanyi Kalu, and others like them.

U are very correct bro. U understood me perfectly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Quality Of Nollywood Movies Has Gone Down Drastically by GeeM: 8:44pm On Nov 12, 2023
libertyfather:
you never see anything,,, u don see movie title like " she married her husband who pretend as maid, the title has tell u all about the movie in a sentence

Movie no dey get beginning and end. Just scene after scene until finish

(1) (Reply)

Movies Of Our Time / From Infancy, To Childhood To Teens / AUDICTION NOTICE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.