Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? (45157 Views)

Partial disconnection: Glo Subscribers To Be Barred From Calling MTN Lines - NCC / How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) / How To Check And Manage All Active Subscriptions On Your MTN Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by erico2k2(m): 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2023
Beremx:
I'm currently using WiFi to browse the internet. I noticed my data isn't going any longer despite having up to 5gig. I can't make calls but can receive. I tried to call MTN and I was told I'm barred from making calls because I don't have service. I used my husband's phone to call MTN customer service and I was told the fault isn't from my end. I was told to remove my sim card and put it back yet the problem persisted.

I visited MTN twitter page only to find out there are others with similar problems. No response yet from MTN despite the complains.

Are they trying to play a revenge game on Nigerians? I don't understand
No need they stress yourself, pot to another network, this is the beauty of healthy competition, they will fix it themselves when the lose money

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Beremx(f): 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2023
erico2k2:

No need the stress yourself, pot to another network, this is the beauty of healthy competition, they will fix it themselves when the lose money
I don port go Glo sharp sharp. No time. grin grin
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Absuchat(m): 4:58pm On Nov 14, 2023
Sabiwellwell:

So until they bribe you to talk you won't tell anyone how you fixed it ??
Even if you bribe.... nothing for you
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by thesolutions(m): 4:58pm On Nov 14, 2023
Beremx:
there's a NIN on my line for three years now. That's not the problem
It needs to be updated still. That is what the tech guy told me. I had my NIN to but it was still showing verification pending. But after the upgrade and linking, the status changed to verified on the app.

If you are sure that your NIN is not the problem, You can still use the app to unbar your line. better still, tap phone and then the 3 dot at the top right, select settings, scroll to calling account, select affected sim, you should see call barring. Tap on it and turn all barring off.
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Dididrumz(m): 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Empty hen always like the devil

Gives with one hand and collect back with double hands

I use airtel though

Even the airtel he nor sharp for them
I noticed one thing this period
Sometimes Internet will just cut off

Not untill you put your phone on flight mode and remove it from flight mode back

I thought I was the only one having this issue that I'd have to turn off and on my flight mode.

I was getting mad at my phone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by HNICEARTH: 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2023
Borrowed airtime or DATA. Clear the debt, and you'd be good

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by geoworldedu: 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2023
daclint:
just clear your borrowed airtime, i paid 5k this morning and the issue was resolved immediately
That means they intentionally cleared people's loan so that they can make them pay it immediately. MTN and sense eeh grin
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Galaxydon1(m): 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

I use airtel though

Not untill you put your phone on flight mode and remove it from flight mode back
I i thought you were rapping a song
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by wittywriter: 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2023
Beremx:
Why would they punish Nigerians for the glitch they had? MTN has no right to bar numbers. Which kind nonsense be that na? angry angry
Seems it's all networks that are doing this. I just cleared the airtime debt I'm owing Glo and the network is restored
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

I use airtel though

Wittyness
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Olarewaju89: 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

I use airtel though

I notice that on my airtel too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by ThompsonJoo: 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2023
I had same

I just called customer care and it's working. Now
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Phantom233: 5:03pm On Nov 14, 2023
MTN na scam, I was owing them 1800 after they nefariously wipe out the debt then later I heard it y was a mistake that will be sorted out soon but after the error was corrected my debt change from 1800 to N3700.
But I promise them that will never pay a dime until they restore my normal debt.
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by mukthar2000(m): 5:05pm On Nov 14, 2023
Op Send 2gig to me let me to confirm if truly was network problems.
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Beremx(f): 5:05pm On Nov 14, 2023
thesolutions:

It needs to be updated still. That is what the tech guy told me. I had my NIN to but it was still showing verification pending. But after the upgrade and linking, the status changed to verified on the app.

If you are sure that your NIN is not the problem, You can still use the app to unbar your line. better still, tap phone and then the 3 dot at the top right, select settings, scroll to calling account, select affected sim, you should see call barring. Tap on it and turn all barring off.
thanks for this information. Lemme try if it works, if it doesn't, I'll mention you
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Badadvisor: 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

I use airtel though

Happens with mtn too. Very annoying especially after spoofing your mobile phone
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by dami2boi(m): 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2023
Antoeni:
Abeg Leave MTN Matter

You’re about to eat this food and you receive a breakup message from the Love Of Your Life ,what will you do?

I will instantly with anger throw the food away into my stomach

4 Likes

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Bimpe29: 5:09pm On Nov 14, 2023
The frequency of service failure is disturbing.
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by HEBEI: 5:11pm On Nov 14, 2023
I experienced this same problem yesterday. I thought my phone had developed a fault.

But since today, it's been working fine.
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by qtx(m): 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2023
Beremx:
Why would they punish Nigerians for the glitch they had? MTN has no right to bar numbers. Which kind nonsense be that na? angry angry
Seems it's all networks that are doing this. I just cleared the airtime debt I'm owing Glo and the network is restored

Aluta loading....
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by CaptainFM1: 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2023
Beremx:
I'm currently using WiFi to browse the internet. I noticed my data isn't going any longer despite having up to 5gig. I can't make calls but can receive. I tried to call MTN and I was told I'm barred from making calls because I don't have service. I used my husband's phone to call MTN customer service and I was told the fault isn't from my end. I was told to remove my sim card and put it back yet the problem persisted.

I visited MTN twitter page only to find out there are others with similar problems. No response yet from MTN despite the complains.

I don't work for MTN, but the last line is not necessary. There's no need to put unnecessary speculation out to the public.
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by blkmum700: 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2023
CilicMarin:
Go and pay borrowed airtime...and your line will start working immediately....Just paid 9K and my line is back grin cheesy

You’re owning 9k and you paid, Oga if na true u de talk me no fit pay, I go buy another SIM card jeje , y I go pay them when dem be thief ?
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Bonapart(m): 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2023
Beremx:

my mom experiencing same
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Equity15(m): 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2023
Zico5:
I was surprised to see that many people are really borrowing from service providers especially MTN. Why should I borrow when I know I'm going to pay at least 15% interest on them. I don't understand cos business wise it doesn't make sense.
like i was really shocked when the debt clearing news came out and i saw people jubilating. I have never borrowed before. It doesnt make sense to me. Maybe because i have not been in a dire situation that would make me borrow. But what situation would make me borrow though?

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Chetas81(m): 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2023
Absuchat:
Had same issue but I fixed it
you mean you fix no network
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Chetas81(m): 5:34pm On Nov 14, 2023
blkmum700:

You’re owning 9k and you paid, Oga if na true u de talk me no fit pay, I go buy another SIM card jeje , y I go pay them when dem be thief ?
mine is 3k and they refused to borrow me another money
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by phemmyfour: 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2023
Beremx:

Pay your debt. On a serious note, they have been experiencing serious glitch for some time now

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by Shakirababy(f): 5:56pm On Nov 14, 2023
No peace for Debtors grin
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by PDPdestroyer(m): 5:56pm On Nov 14, 2023
Beremx:

Go to their office for KYC and NiN update
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by ericmor: 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2023
A friend is having the same issue, they told him he can't Make calls because he is owing but he can receive calls and for me, I have credit but they are telling me no credit on my phone that I should recharge
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by zoedew: 6:01pm On Nov 14, 2023
LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS. WHY MUST YOU BORROW TO FUND NON ESSENTIALS.

1 Like

Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by tolue42(m): 6:19pm On Nov 14, 2023
Beremx:

It happened to my Mtn line on Saturday between 5pm to 9pm at night. Where is your location?

I'm not far from Ajah, we could be on the same band.
Re: Is Anyone Having Same Issues With MTN Lines? by ncoolsome(m): 6:31pm On Nov 14, 2023
Zico5:
I was surprised to see that many people are really borrowing from service providers especially MTN. Why should I borrow when I know I'm going to pay at least 15% interest on them. I don't understand cos business wise it doesn't make sense.

I guess u haven't been in a tight corner or situation when u can't even buy from ur bank

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iphone: Why Majority Of Nigerians Don't Use The Device / The B29 Story: My Experience At Ikeja Computer Village Today / Xiaomi Mi A3 Unboxing, Review & Price. Mi A3 + GCAM Vs iPhone 11 Pro Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.