Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig (3632 Views)

Helen Williams Sets Guinness Record For Longest Handmade Wig (Video) / Goldenlitz Organics CEO, Helen Onyenkwere Bags 2021 Africa Attainment Awards / Tiniest Waist: Su Naing To Beat 1939 Guiness World Record (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by Morbeta11(m): 11:40pm On Nov 14, 2023
Nigerian woman Helen Williams sets new Guinness World Record for longest handmade wig

Nigerian woman Helen Williams sets new Guinness World Record for longest handmade wig
Helen Williams, a wigmaker from Lagos, has entered the Guinness World Records by creating the world’s longest handmade wig.

The wig measures an astounding 351.28 meters (1,152 ft 5 in) with Helen dedicating 11 days and over two million naira (£2,031; $2,493) to craft this remarkable wig.

The GWR acknowledged her feat, by sharing on its official “X” account, “Helen Williams from Lagos, Nigeria has achieved a new record for the longest handmade wig which stretches an incredible 351.28 metres (1,152 ft 5 in)”

Helen, after constructing the underlay with wig-cap netting and black fabric attached to a bicycle helmet, completed the hairpiece using 1,000 bundles of hair, 12 cans of hair spray, 35 tubes of hair glue, and 6,250 hair clips.

“Finding the materials to make the longest wig was not an easy task,” shared Helen. “My experience as a wigmaker helped a lot.”

Helen, is a professional wigmaker with eight years of experience. She produces impressive 50 to 300 wigs per week.

Despite her background, creating this record-breaking wig presented its own set of challenges.

“At some point, I felt exhausted,” she admitted. “However, friends and family encouraged me. I did not want to let them down, so I maintained my focus. The outcome is the longest handmade wig in the world.”

Finding a space to have the wig laid out in a straight line and accurately measured was one of the biggest challenges Helen faced as none of the venues she visited – including several running tracks – were long enough to accommodate it.

She eventually decided to do it beside the Lagos–Abeokuta Expressway, a long road connecting the cities of Lagos and Abeokuta.

Having achieved the feat, the extraordinary wig resides in Helen’s office, where she invites anyone interested to come and admire it “whenever they want to.”

Reacting to her new feat in the Guinness World Records book, Helen expressed her joy, remarking ‘it is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I still cannot believe it'.

https://twitter.com/GWR/status/1724455232153768161?t=TslG90zKhozJbyZih0ZLNA&s=08

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/11/nigerian-woman-helen-williams-sets-new-guinness-world-record-for-longest-handmade-wig/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by LikeAking: 11:56pm On Nov 14, 2023
GWR go close shop because of Nigerians soon.

4 Likes

Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by jtjohn(m): 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2023
Congrats
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by Kusheer(m): 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2023
Old news

3 Likes

Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by jtjohn(m): 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2023
Congrats
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by Sirheny007(m): 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2023
embarassed
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by SALLYBERRY01(m): 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2023
As an interior designer what records do you think i can break, open to suggestions
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by OloYeOfEgbE: 2:26pm On Nov 15, 2023
NCAN not Impressed...

STATUS..........UNVERIFIED

Amaka suspended for now

1 Like

Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:26pm On Nov 15, 2023
What has this contributed to?
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by Stomoney(m): 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2023
Wahala ti wa grin
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by ritzyvic1(m): 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2023
Is it that GWR doesn't have a category of awards for achievements that are beneficial to humanity or that Nigerians simply chose the frivolous aspect of it?

Award is supposed to be something that recognises ingenuity and spurs others to strive for excellence too not all these stuffs that adds no value to life
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by Stevenson20: 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2023
Ok naa
Nigerians joined the group chat using the group link grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by addictiv(m): 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2023
Nice one
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by yewit37486: 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2023
This was on FP some days ago.
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by Isokoboy(m): 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2023
Making Nigeria proud
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by Paragon311(m): 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2023
Nigerians and follow follow syndrome.....

Congratulations....
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by Emmycrucial1: 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
Congratulations to her.
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by MosayA: 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
Omo, this one strong o grin grin grin
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by Olichoke: 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2023
Congratulations to Nigeria. We are doing well. But we too dey catch cruise for this nation.
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by Oneaccord2023(m): 2:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
Okay go collect your money from Guinness world record
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by EngrObi88(m): 2:31pm On Nov 15, 2023
Wow that's impressive....
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by JoeEeL(m): 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
Please who has any confirmed updates on the latest in Sepeteri, Oyo state?

Back to the topic. For heaven's sake, I don't know how people will feel so lost and defeated that they will be bearing non-traditional names. What kind of names do you wish to have that it doesn't give a hint of your indigenousness?

Seeming little and very controllable things like this are why other races view many of you as primitive apes. Something as serious as identity, you throw it away. Monkey like, make he wear suit. Monkey go still be monkey.

Those of you who are deceiving yourselves with baptismal names and islamic names, y'all fall into this category.
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by Charmingrascal(m): 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
She looks possesed
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by Badguy77(m): 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2023
forget sentiments ehn she try ..as in hand made wig? thats a very great achievement for her and Nigeria as a whole...weldone dear grin
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by JuanDeDios: 2:33pm On Nov 15, 2023
SALLYBERRY01:
As an interior designer what records do you think i can break, open to suggestions
Plenty.
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by kennyz247(m): 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2023
Madness
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by geoworldedu: 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2023
I will break Guinness world record for longest erection grin
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by Sucre7: 2:37pm On Nov 15, 2023
SALLYBERRY01:

Do a makeover of my home free of charge 😂😂
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by JoeEeL(m): 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2023
Charmingrascal:
She looks possesed

Sia na her role model.
Re: Helen Williams Sets New Guinness World Record For Longest Handmade Wig by Truths9ja: 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2023
She tried no be small

(1) (2)

What Do You Think About Getting Tattoos? / What is "WOWO"? / Skin Brightening Cream Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.