Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her (26207 Views)

Children For Sale At ₦400k Each: Woman Set Up Baby Factory In Ogun State / Woman Who Set Husband Ablaze Commits Suicide / Russian Woman Set Up By Her Nigerian Lover, Caught With Cocaine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by Loveth160: 8:35am On Nov 15, 2023
A 20-year-old wife, Amina Hassan, of Mubi North LGA, Adamawa State, has set her husband’s house ablaze for refusing to divorce her.

Amina Hassan, from Shuware community in Mubi North, who married Muhammed Auwal about five weeks ago, revealed that there was a pre-wedding arrangement that the man would divorce her shortly after their marriage ceremony.

She informed the police that she had set the house on fire because of her husband’s refusal to end their union, according to the state Police Public Relations Officer, Suleiman Nguroje.

“We made an arrangement that he would divorce me after the marriage. I met him and pleaded with him to divorce me, but he remained adamant.

“He descended on me and started beating me instead of divorcing me, as a result of which I lost my temper and set the house ablaze,” she told police operatives who are now investigating her.

.ng gathered on Tuesday that a few days before the wedding, Amina had informed her parents that she was no longer interested in the marriage.

However, her parents insisted there was no turning back as they had already distributed invitation cards.

Sources close to her said that after all her efforts failed, she sought help from a native doctor to turn her husband’s heart away from her, only for the husband to appear more interested.

To escape her anger, the native doctor is said to have fled Mubi and made his phone number inaccessible.
https://.ng/2023/11/15/woman-set-husbands-house-on-fire-for-refusing-to-divorce-her/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by Mynd44: 8:39am On Nov 15, 2023
There is a lot to unpack here.

This whole story is a mess.

Husband, babalawo, bride, everyone has issues

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by Treasure17(m): 8:40am On Nov 15, 2023
Can two work together except they agree? Nah.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by adesegun121(m): 8:40am On Nov 15, 2023
Ok
Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by beardedboy(m): 8:40am On Nov 15, 2023
So many anti-Islamic practices here:

1. Marrying with agreement to divorce is prohibited. The messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said on the day of his final Hajj:
"Oh people, I used to allow you do mut'ah (temporary contract marriage) with women. (Now) Allah has forbidden it till the day of judgement (i.e forever and ever)."
- Saheeh Muslim: 1406.

The Arabs used to do contract marriage before Islam but Islam didn't prohibit it for them immediately because they were still new to faith. This is similar to the gradual prohibition of alcohol.

2. Parents shouldn't marry their daughters off without her consent.

3. Visiting a 'native doctor' to endear you to your spouse is an act of magic, sorcery and disbelief. Allah (Sublime and Exalted is He) says:
"They followed what the Shayatin (devils) gave out (falsely of the magic) in the lifetime of Sulaiman (Solomon). Sulaiman did not disbelieve, but the Shayatin (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic"
Surah Baqarah: 102.

If teaching Magic is disbelief, then practicing it is worse. And the patroniser of magicians is an accomplice in disbelief.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by Treasure17(m): 8:41am On Nov 15, 2023
Mynd44:

grin grin grin
The babalawo aspect off me. The man has probably jazz her.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by Dogalmighty17: 8:41am On Nov 15, 2023
Wow! Just wow!
Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by Fowobiw: 8:41am On Nov 15, 2023
One of those wey dem dey push for marriage...

2 Likes

Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by ecolime(m): 8:41am On Nov 15, 2023
Just when you think you've heard it all.

Naija don dey pass Zimbabwe for weird news.

6 Likes

Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by nepapole(m): 8:41am On Nov 15, 2023
Lobatan
Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by osuofia2(m): 8:42am On Nov 15, 2023
Omo e be like Adamawa state is the Zimbabwe and the Kenya of Nigeria

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by verybadmouth(m): 8:42am On Nov 15, 2023
20 year old mumu child

1 Like

Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by Mindlog: 8:42am On Nov 15, 2023
"Sources close to her said that after all her efforts failed, she sought help from a native doctor to turn her husband’s heart away from her, only for the husband to appear more interested. To escape her anger, the native doctor is said to have fled Mubi and made his phone number inaccessible"...... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by illicit(m): 8:42am On Nov 15, 2023
🤕
Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by elder1002: 8:42am On Nov 15, 2023
No dae force love
No dae force love
No dae force love
No dae force love

Love wae u force go end up with force
Love wae u force go end up in divorce
Love wae u force go end up in corpse
Love wae u force go end up in loss
Love wae u force go end up in sores

No dae force love

Life is beautiful to be forcing someone to love you

Life is beautiful to be begging to be loved
Life is beautiful to be running for bitches

Life is short make sure you enjoy the most of it, no dae force love, no dae force love

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:43am On Nov 15, 2023
Loveth160:

https://.ng/2023/11/15/woman-set-husbands-house-on-fire-for-refusing-to-divorce-her/

Wetin e nobfit do fr him papa house..

Catch dem Young, marry dem young.... #DIE YOUNG

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by yesloaded: 8:43am On Nov 15, 2023
Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by Otolomo1(m): 8:43am On Nov 15, 2023
Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by Joseph099(m): 8:44am On Nov 15, 2023
I don't need to read the story, but...Nobody should touch that small girl...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by lepashandie(f): 8:44am On Nov 15, 2023
lol
Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by goodnessme1(f): 8:45am On Nov 15, 2023
Okay
Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by RisenJoe(m): 8:45am On Nov 15, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin.
Woman wey make native doctor pick race and even off his phone, fear such woman.
That's why dem talk say, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by livenija: 8:46am On Nov 15, 2023
Mynd44:

Like Nollywood script
Re: Woman Set Husband’s House On Fire For Refusing To Divorce Her by ItisWell22(f): 8:48am On Nov 15, 2023
😰

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shrine Of Baddo Ritualist Arrested By Police In Lagos (Video) / Daniel Anjorin: Arsenal Pays Tribute To Murdered Nigerian Boy / Trader Arraigned For Allegedly Beating Up Policeman In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.