Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Religion Is Necessary Deciet - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is Necessary Deciet (89 Views)

Religion Is Ridiculous / Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are / Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religion Is Necessary Deciet by Slytherinsheir(m): 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2023
Although, I believe as adults we are to be well equipped with the innate mental capabilities of being able to discern what is right and what is wrong for ourselves, religion is still a necessary tool to keep the masses in check.

Now, imagine a world without religion. Chaos would ensue and we would wind up being the cause of our own extinction.

Religion is a philosophy, a rather useful one. A philosophy that teaches us that there is a being above all beings and if we disobey this being, then we get punished for our bad deeds or to go by the Christians point of view; you're sent to hell.

From when we could barely even read, we have been bombarded with stories of our various religions, and these have helped up shape our view of the world.

A child who was brought up Christian has less of an inclination to steal than a child who was brought up in a liberal home. He might still accomplish his mission to steal, but he will feel a sense of guilt and know that he has done the wrong thing, which I think is the essence of religion. Teaching us what is good and what is bad, religion is a way of life.

I believe religion was fabricated to unite people and bring peace to world. Although I have never looked into the history of the various religion, so my thoughts are subject to objections.

(1) (Reply)

Kill That Weakness I / Put Your Name In God's Word! / Examples Of Bad Interpretations Of Scripture By Various Church Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.