Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,451 members, 7,850,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:14 AM

Messi And Argentina Suffer Their First Defeat In World Cup Qualifiers - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi And Argentina Suffer Their First Defeat In World Cup Qualifiers (300 Views)

Lionel Messi And Argentina Train Before Copa America Opener (photos, Video) / World Cup: Psychic Pig Picks Nigeria And Argentina For Semi-final / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi And Argentina Suffer Their First Defeat In World Cup Qualifiers by Bhalfez: 7:55am On Nov 17, 2023
Uruguay dealt Argentina a blow by ending their 14-match unbeaten streak with a 2-0 victory in the World Cup qualifiers at Buenos Aires’ Alberto J. Armando Stadium on Friday.

Ronald Araújo netted in the 41st minute, followed by Darwin Núñez’s goal in the 86th minute, breaking Argentine goalie Emiliano Martínez’s impressive shutout streak of 751 minutes. This defeat marks Lionel Messi and Argentina’s first loss in the 2026 World Cup qualifying campaign, since they were last stunned 2-1 by Saudi Arabia at the 2022 finals in Qatar.

READ FULL DETAILS BELOW;
https://famous9ja.com.ng/messi-and-argentina-suffer-their-first-defeat-in-world-cup-qualifiers/

Re: Messi And Argentina Suffer Their First Defeat In World Cup Qualifiers by Jokerman(m): 11:07am On Nov 17, 2023
🇦🇷 Leo Messi on tension with Uruguay players: “I prefer not to say what I think about some gestures. But these young people have to learn to respect from their elders”.

“This game was always intense and hard but always with a lot of respect. They have to learn a little bit”.
Re: Messi And Argentina Suffer Their First Defeat In World Cup Qualifiers by Jokerman(m): 11:08am On Nov 17, 2023
Jokerman:
🇦🇷 Leo Messi on tension with Uruguay players: “I prefer not to say what I think about some gestures. But these young people have to learn to respect from their elders”.

“This game was always intense and hard but always with a lot of respect. They have to learn a little bit”.

Pessi the fighter.... What's this then??

Re: Messi And Argentina Suffer Their First Defeat In World Cup Qualifiers by Padipadi: 5:27pm On Nov 17, 2023
It sweet my belle. Where's Almoron aka Almiron The Morøn?
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67447746
Come out and cry o! I must drink your tears!
All Pessi fans, comman cry o.

(1) (Reply)

See How Much Nigeria Would Get If They Win The 2024 AFCON / Good News : Emmanuel Amuineke To Assist Finidi George As He Got Shortlisted / Compete With Electromagnetic Traps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.