Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. (32857 Views)

"I Can't Suck Catarrh Out Of My Child's Nose". Lady Gets Epic Reply / Reply: My Wife Sent Her Nude Picture To Zenith Bank Manager In Delta / My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Cooolme: 7:08pm On Nov 18, 2023
gidjah:
we all seem to be giving excuses for her snubbing the brother not an outsider.Some people can just be one kind abeg. Must these white land occupants frustrate Thier loves ones with emotional black mail or moody-snubbish nature ?? Most of them tend to be that way, may be courtesy of the terrible influence from the groups they belong.The young man said he hasn't asked her for any fin assistance in years so what's wrong with a little 'HI" reply to your brother ?is he responsible for whether she's going through over there ? And if your younger bro from the same momma asks you for assistance na offence ?he even said he's in the position now to assist should she be needing one, so we all can see here that the young man only needs good closeness with his sister and nothing more.

Broooo, like people here broke shaming me because of this post like they know me in real life. You've just detailed everything.
Thanks.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by bdon123(m): 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

That will make her ignore messages since August?
Seems you have your own problems too, go face them.
People hav real issues to deal wit.sometimes people go off to concentrate on something else n avoid distraction.i do that sometimes wen m pursuing some big investment. I cut off frm family disturbance n communication to focus for a few months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Blazadenise(m): 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2023
Blocking her will now make.you look like the victim... Allow her be and focus more on other things for yourself
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Oomardesigns: 7:15pm On Nov 18, 2023
Don't block her. Just ignore her too but reply when she message you. Thats all, life is simple and your siblings will always be your siblings no matter what.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Samoranfnf: 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2023
LoL if you block her nah you Bleep up
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by aktolly54(m): 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2023
Templee333:
poverty is a state of mind. No living thing is poor.
DEY PLAY
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by obayemi204(m): 7:24pm On Nov 18, 2023
Biola67:
You said you now have more than enough to even send her. Dem no like who dem no Dey feed.. you gerrit?

I am abroad and this is not true. It just becomes annoying when you look at your phone everyday and all you see is request for money from different people.

It becomes most annoying when you're most likely sleeping or just waking up to see such messages when you look at your phone first thing in the morning. Usually those sending such messages don't put time difference into consideration.

As much as someone abroad is willing to help, those being helped should not be entitled. Those abroad too should learn not to create an avenue for dependence.

Relationships are meant to be mutual, not parasitic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Joeyfizzo: 7:25pm On Nov 18, 2023
Begi begi...... hustle!!!!
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by ysg4real(m): 7:34pm On Nov 18, 2023
SIXTEENTH:

No matter your schedule and work almost 24/hr if you're into someone whom you so desires believe me definitely you must create a little time to reached that someone
Question for you: Are you in the Sister's shoes to make such sweeping statement ? Do you live abroad ?
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Crafteck1: 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2023
Bilikisu
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by MT: 7:45pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:
I have a stepsister living abroad, the daughter of my mom. She's been there since childhood, raised by her father, and has become independent.

Despite the physical distance, she has been supportive, particularly to my mom. Although she occasionally sends money to my mom, it's never quite enough for her.

I share a unique bond with her; we've always been close, even during her visit. The last time she sent me money was during my 100 level when things were tough. However, my focus shifted from financial help to maintaining a connection with her.

Recently, I noticed a change. Since July, she has been snubbing my messages, a puzzling behavior considering I don't seek financial assistance. I've made it a point to check on her regularly, something she mentioned our mom doesn't do. At my level now if she needs money I can even send for her but her recent attitude has totally changed my mind towards her. I'm contemplating blocking her and ending contact, as it seems that's what she wants.

It's a challenging situation, and I'm curious if anyone here has experienced anything similar.

She might be experiencing tough life challenges and prefers to be left alone for now.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Agunesinjaweola: 7:46pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:
I have a stepsister living abroad, the daughter of my mom. She's been there since childhood, raised by her father, and has become independent.

Despite the physical distance, she has been supportive, particularly to my mom. Although she occasionally sends money to my mom, it's never quite enough for her.

I share a unique bond with her; we've always been close, even during her visit. The last time she sent me money was during my 100 level when things were tough. However, my focus shifted from financial help to maintaining a connection with her.

Recently, I noticed a change. Since July, she has been snubbing my messages, a puzzling behavior considering I don't seek financial assistance. I've made it a point to check on her regularly, something she mentioned our mom doesn't do. At my level now if she needs money I can even send for her but her recent attitude has totally changed my mind towards her. I'm contemplating blocking her and ending contact, as it seems that's what she wants.

It's a challenging situation, and I'm curious if anyone here has experienced anything similar.
I advise you keep in touch,
She might be sick or split with her boyfriend which is devastating for ladies abroad.
She'll call you to apologize very soon.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Cooolme: 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2023
obayemi204:

I am abroad and this is not true. It just becomes annoying when you look at your phone everyday and all you see is request for money from different people.

It becomes most annoying when you're most likely sleeping or just waking up to see such messages when you look at your phone first thing in the morning. Usually those sending such messages don't put time difference into consideration.

As much as someone abroad is willing to help, those being helped should not be entitled. Those abroad too should learn not to create an avenue for dependence.

Relationships are meant to be mutual, not parasitic.
I just complained about her snubbing my messages, don't know how you people turned it to me begging her for money.
I'm not even abroad yet and I can say I receive worse Billings. It's all around not just limited to y'all abroad. I don't know who else may be billing her but as for my fam, they prefer billing me instead and I most times deliver if I have.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by delishpot: 7:50pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

Just archive her chats. Don't block her but don't bother about her either. Whenever she come around you ask her what happened
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by AFONJACOW(m): 7:52pm On Nov 18, 2023
It took my brother 4years to start replying like human being by then am already in abroad and find out why it took him time to replies ordinary greetings...

The reality on ground is not here.. leave Ur poor sister alone

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by nedekid: 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2023
Oga, I feel you. I am sure she is in UK. Over time, those people especially women finally go get a nut loose. It could be from loneliness, work to feed from hand to mouth, rent, car payments etc.
Some also have that mentality that everyone in naija needs help from them, metcheew.
I met one naija guy at one lidl supermarket. Do you know this fellow was shocked that a couple fit come vacation for 10 days in UK? The fellow said all he thinks is that everybody except politicians are poor, and all they ask for is money so he no de pick calls from naija.
Your sis must have fallen into that mindset and may not even have any money. I assure you that 95% of Nigerians abroad, na survival. Bills.
If she does not answer you, bone her side jare.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Exceed15: 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2023
SIXTEENTH:

No matter your schedule and work almost 24/hr if you're into someone whom you so desires believe me definitely you must create a little time to reached that someone

Guy forget that thing..that lady might be going through a lot
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by nedekid: 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2023
SIXTEENTH:

Exactly.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Swiftgrp: 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2023
kunle75:

I will tell you for a fact,that things are sometimes very tough and overwhelming here in America.
After many years I Visited Naija for the first time in June 2023 ,and return to base same month. I went back straight to my academic program which is full time, Imagine leaving home 6.30am and start school 7am till 2.30pm then drove straight to work and closed by 11pm ,then got home 11.40pm,eat and start fixing my assignments, then sleep for only 2hrs if possible?
When will I have time to read my messages and return them.bills are waiting for me everywhere, my tuition is over $4k for each semester plus other bills,like rent,insurance, medical, credit card,feeding, gas,phone,etc.

Please pray for her ooo
True that.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by MrSmithy: 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2023
Keep praying for her she might be going through alot please...thats all she needs from you now and all is gonna be fine soon
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by smartr: 8:25pm On Nov 18, 2023
When you una wan kill am with billing. Let the diasporans breeeet!
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by bashtee09(m): 8:42pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

Give her a little space, she will come around
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Tonytonex(m): 8:50pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

sometimes, try calling.
She might be passing through somethings
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by joeruano: 8:53pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

I understand this too, I have a job coupled with a side hustle but I find time to engage people I cherish. It's not that hard for real and by the way she communicates with my Mom sometimes so it doesn't mean she don't have my time.
I'll just do well to leave her alone.

NOTE
Don't know how this post made it to FP, y'all saying I'm billing her need to read the post fgs.
She calls my Mom sometimes, that's why I'm bothered why she's refused to answer my messages. Having someone abroad doesn't mean you'll bill them, don't know why Y'all be thinking this way.

Don't mind them. They think you are like them
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

Has anyone else heard from her lately?

I hope she's okay
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by chaloskyx: 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2023
she does not need you and you dont need her you arnt God blick her and focus on your life evetyone has their problems

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by dododawa1: 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2023
See this one

Befriending

Aboard

Person
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by achimendy(m): 9:15pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

Not everyone goes around begging people for money like you, I've got so much for myself already.

Last I checked I was not the one complaining of some girl not answering Me.

Secondly, if you've got enough money you won't be doing almajiri around that innocent girl.

So my advice for you is stop pestering her life and go Find something to do .
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by tochez24(m): 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

Our relatives abroad seem to think they are way above those of us in NIGERIA no matter how rich you can be in Nigeria.... Sometimes one must think it's because of the kind of luxurious and stress free life they live abroad, given the advanced technology, better currency, best amenities... Wow i don't need to waste time on low lives in the slumps of Africa 'this is exactly their mentality'. Infact Africans living abroad feel that they're our god for the rest of us in NIGERIA.

I have many friends abroad, including my aunty and my immediate elder sister(same father same mother)... All of them behave the same way, it's only my sis that respond when it seems she's in a good mood to talk to me her blood brother.

I have simply blocked all of my friends abroad including my aunty too.... It's just remaining my sis but i now give her the same attitude she gives me. I don't call or text her first ever until she calls or text me first, then i know she wanna talk. we talk and hang boot till she calls again⚠️

I don't ask her for anything either when she calls, i rather beg a stranger than go to them for HELP♂️

My advice to you my brother is to let her be.... Dish to her what she dishes to you simple✔️✔️✔️
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Cooolme: 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2023
achimendy:

Last I checked I was not the one complaining of some girl not answering Me.

Secondly, if you've got enough money you won't be doing almajiri around that innocent girl.

So my advice for you is stop pestering her life and go Find something to do .
See I pity you😂
I don't know if it's poverty that is dealing with you that structured your mentality like this.
God help your wretched soul.
Keep waiting for 30k from N-power that will never come, money I spend in a week.
Poor boy
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Lolachef(f): 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2023
Because 90percent of Nigerians that have families abroad are full of entitlement spirit.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Innobee99(m): 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2023
Martinsmine:
She may be focusing on hey job or something is taking her time... do well to pay for her.. she will reply u
This is not an excuse pls. Say something different

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Olden Days Marriages Last Longer Than Modern Ones? / Journalist In Syria Explains Why He Still Washes Dishes After Marrying 3 Wives / This Is The Worst Christmas Of My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.