Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,260 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating (1780 Views)

What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language / How To Skin A Dead Snake Before Eating- Tutorial / Funny! Man Turn Fufu To Human Head Before Eating. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating by ch214(m): 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
People are complaining of this spread of abnormal garden eggs in Nigeria markets: which have been causing many people to fall sick; the garden eggs is normal outside but inside is rotten therefore rendering the garden eggs fruit not good for consumption.

Do ensure you open any fruit you eat with knife to verify if it not rotten inside and do not just rush to eat any fruit especially at night.

Ensure you open your garden eggs fruit before eating, some garden eggs are rotten inside and normal outside.

Be careful with whatever you eat this days.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating by mariahAngel(f): 5:33pm On Nov 21, 2023
Why won't they just allow these things grow naturally, ehn?
It's not even like garden eggs are high in the demand.

3 Likes

Re: Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating by malcom1X: 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2023
This should be in front page

3 Likes

Re: Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating by Cantonese: 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2023
Outbreak of some disease in the farm.

3 Likes

Re: Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating by Wawelexy(m): 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2023
mariahAngel:

Especially the notherners, most of their products are planted with chemicals to enhance quick harvesting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:14pm On Nov 21, 2023
Never liked it anyway

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating by Premiumbuy(m): 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2023
Premium Be Unto You
@OP, thanks for sharing this.,.
Re: Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating by NFBI: 10:51pm On Nov 21, 2023
How the thing take rotten from inside 😲
Re: Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating by 1Alex: 10:56pm On Nov 21, 2023
Chai... Me wey dey eat at night without checking
Re: Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating by KingOfAllIgbos: 11:09pm On Nov 21, 2023
1Alex:
Chai... Me wey dey eat at night without checking

Don't worry. Just some maggots dancing down your oesophagus. shocked

They would be dissolved in your gastric acid and become protein. undecided

1 Like

Re: Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating by RosyIsBlessed: 6:31am On Nov 22, 2023
This is one fruit I don't eat without opening . Too many spoilt ones yet the skin looks fresh

1 Like

Re: Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating by safarifarms(m): 8:54am On Nov 22, 2023
mariahAngel:
I'll guess you've not grown garden eggs before. Those garden eggs in the picture are the most natural garden eggs you'll get. When you buy naturally grown garden eggs during this dry season they will normally be heavily infested with caterpillars that eat up the inside. The eggs were laid into the fruit when it was still small and soft. The fruit grows and seals up the hole and the fruit looks good, but the eggs inside would hatch and start eating the fruit inside. During the rainy season this pest is seriously disturbed by rain and you'll get lots of healthy fruits. But when the rain stops or reduces, it takes a very consistent regular spraying of pesticides for a garden egg farm to produce fruits without the caterpillar. So at this time, fruits without caterpillar are the unnatural ones. Those who grow garden eggs know this.

I don't like garden eggs so much especially because of this. I have one stand though on my farm that was planted last year but still fruiting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating by mariahAngel(f): 9:55am On Nov 22, 2023
safarifarms:

I'll guess you've not grown garden eggs before. Those garden eggs in the picture are the most natural garden eggs you'll get. When you buy naturally grown garden eggs during this dry season they will normally be heavily infested with caterpillars that eat up the inside. The eggs were laid into the fruit when it was still small and soft. The fruit grows and seals up the hole and the fruit looks good, but the eggs inside would hatch and start eating the fruit inside. During the rainy season this pest is seriously disturbed by rain and you'll get lots of healthy fruits. But when the rain stops or reduces, it takes a very consistent regular spraying of pesticides for a garden egg farm to produce fruits without the caterpillar. So at this time, fruits without caterpillar are the unnatural ones. Those who grow garden eggs know this.

I don't like garden eggs so much especially because of this. I have one stand though on my farm that was planted last year but still fruiting.

Are you for real? How interesting.

We keep learning new things.
Re: Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating by safarifarms(m): 10:13am On Nov 22, 2023
mariahAngel:

Are you for real? How interesting.

We keep learning new things.
I'm serious. I'm a farmer.

You will notice that the price usually skyrockets in the dry season. Its not just about the cost of irrigation. For most other veggies the price will just double of triple, but when it comes to garden eggs its something else. Not many farmers can handle the strict pesticide spraying regime required to have edible fruits. So when you find caterpillar free garden egg this dry season, know that a lot of pesticides did the job. If I were to like the fruit, I'll stay away from them during the dry season.

Edit:
You'll notice a fruit stay and get ripe on my garden egg on my prior post. There's another one a bit away that had rotten and turned brown. That brown one was wrecked by caterpillar. I didn't bother to harvest the one that turned ripe because I'm not too keen on eating it and besides its likely to have caterpillar.

We even have an adage in my place that says;
What is inside a garden egg is garden egg which means you should take whatever outcome you see in a situations just as it is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating by safarifarms(m): 10:27am On Nov 22, 2023
ch214:
People are complaining of this spread of abnormal garden eggs in Nigeria markets: which have been causing many people to fall sick; the garden eggs is normal outside but inside is rotten therefore rendering the garden eggs fruit not good for consumption.

Do ensure you open any fruit you eat with knife to verify if it not rotten inside and do not just rush to eat any fruit especially at night.

Ensure you open your garden eggs fruit before eating, some garden eggs are rotten inside and normal outside.

This is normal for garden eggs during this dry season, unless pesticides are used.
Re: Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating by safarifarms(m): 10:30am On Nov 22, 2023
Wawelexy:

Especially the notherners, most of their products are planted with chemicals to enhance quick harvesting.

The ones planted with chemicals (pesticides) won't have this. This one has this because chemicals were not used and its dry season where the particular pest thrives and lays its eggs on the fruit to hatch into caterpillar.
Re: Abnormal Garden Eggs Fruit In Markets, Open Your Garden Eggs Fruit Before Eating by Countersam(m): 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2023
ch214:

I love garden eggs especially with groundnut pepper. But my love is dimmed because of these normal looking garden eggs you open up only to find maggots inside. Yuck, it's so discouraging

(1) (Reply)

Safest Meals To Take To Office / List Of Most Dangerous Foods Around The World (photos) / Which Of These Edited Food Photos Do You prefer? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.