Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics (15221 Views)

Keri Hilson Show Didn't Go As Expected...low Turn Out / Keri Hilson To Perform In Abuja On 2nd November / Keri Hilson Coming To Nigeria In November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Sagamite(m): 6:42pm On Oct 29, 2011
pkv:

nigeria a nation of ignorants?!olboy which kind malpost b dat na?

You read it wrong, mate. Read it again.

America - a nation of ignorants.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Sagamite(m): 6:47pm On Oct 29, 2011
Oba234:

To people that are attacking Nigerian musicians as making no sense and Nigerians as people that just like the beats of song need to realized that people in general likes catchy music. Well, its just not just Nigerian musicians that makes no sense, A lot of songs that come out nowadays have poor lyrical content, but they become big hits. There so many American songs that I have listened to and liked, but at the end of the day, I ask myself why this song became popular. People that like Soulja Boy, Nicki Minaj, lil wayne, Wacka Flocka, Gucci Mane are not necessarily doing so because these people are lyrical genius. Can someone tell me what "no hands" mean? This was the song sang by Wacka Flocka. I am guilty of doing this also. I listen to a lot of music with poor lyrical content, but if I want to listen to song that has string lyrical content, I will go listen to Ayo, Luther Vandross, Gospel music and some old school R&B. I don't think she hates Nigerian music, it just not what she is used to. She may be hearing the wrong word though. Anyway, point is Nigerian music is playing wherever she is so, somebody is liking it over there.

Those highlighted artistes are the dumbest muthafuckers lyrically I have ever heard.

My friends will testify my expressed disgust when they start playing such dumb music. I think they just do it nowadays when they want to irritate me and then giggle.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 29, 2011
pkv:

nigeria a nation of ignorants?!olboy which kind malpost b dat na?

Reading comprehension fail.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by MrGlobe(m): 6:53pm On Oct 29, 2011
lol @megastreet. All these Nigerian music stans dont cease to amaze me. So lil wanye now sings in french? Lol. I missed the memo. Lil wayne has been a lyrical dude only that he just sold out because he wanted to go pop. Go listen to his previous albums. Soulja boy is irrelevant, he cant even push records. Nigerian music is trash, its a fact, I cant even listen to those. Damn!
Ps: lol @amblors, you.ve not yet told me who is better than bracket yet? You haven't
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by cold(m): 7:10pm On Oct 29, 2011
Naija music industry is growing in leaps & bounds.Even in non-English speaking countries our artistes are making waves.Sure,like lil wayne,soulja boy,keri hilson etc we also have artistes who ain't pulling their weight but that does not detract from the whole.Naija music scene is the ish. . .end of!
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by amblors(m): 7:10pm On Oct 29, 2011
Mr. Globe:

lol @megastreet. All these Nigerian music stans dont cease to amaze me. So lil wanye now sings in french? Lol. I missed the memo. Lil wayne has been a lyrical dude only that he just sold out because he wanted to go pop. Go listen to his previous albums. Soulja boy is irrelevant, he cant even push records. Nigerian music is trash, its a fact, I cant even listen to those. Damn!
Ps: lol @amblors, you.ve not yet told me who is better than bracket yet? You haven't

lol, Bracket donot have lyrics @ all.
if you don't know atleast 10 artists that make sense lyrically than them, i can't help ya.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 29, 2011
Gemma11:

Love these girls though, too bad they are not famous yet but look out for them----Oh yes and they are Nigerian!! cool

[flash=600,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzp3KqShmAk[/flash]

Ohhh, thoroughly enjoyed that. They did a great job and had nice voices too.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 29, 2011
Mr. Globe:

Bros o. No fall my hand o. Abeg o. Bracket is not the best yet. They know they still have very far to go until they can call themselves some of the greatest in the industry. Right now they're only popular. There is music better than Bracket. As a big Bracket fan, I'm telling you they're not the best.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by mikuz(m): 7:47pm On Oct 29, 2011
At least for lyrics bracket try pass wizkid!
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 29, 2011
^^ True yarns.

I dey laff Keri Hilson small. Wetin be "The Way I Are" lol. Nigerians better step up their game sha. North America is attentive, finally lol.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by cold(m): 8:00pm On Oct 29, 2011
^^Lol,true talk sha
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by phreakabit(m): 8:20pm On Oct 29, 2011
Sagamite:

Those highlighted artistes are the dumbest muthafuckers lyrically I have ever heard.

My friends will testify my expressed disgust when they start playing such dumb music. I think they just do it nowadays when they want to irritate me and then giggle.

Must have never heard OJ DA JUICE MAN. Those guys are bad awful agreed, but OJ is TERRIBLE! BTW Keri Hilson shouldn't get mad just because we (9ja) aren't paying her any attention. Its not like we dont like her, its just that she isn't talented.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by amblors(m): 8:21pm On Oct 29, 2011
phreakabit:

Must have never heard OJ DA JUICE MAN. Those guys are bad awful agreed, but OJ is TERRIBLE! BTW Keri Hilson shouldn't get mad just because we (9ja) aren't paying her any attention. Its not like we dont like her, its just that she isn't talented grin grin grin.

mayb its the likes of Vic-O & Speed Darlington she listened to.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 29, 2011
Honestly i dont know who this hating keri is.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by MrGlobe(m): 9:01pm On Oct 29, 2011
^ who cares if you don't know her and why will she 'hate' on any Nigerian musician when you cant compare their status. Probably you dont know any American musician too smh.
ME AND YOU BY BRACKET > all nigerian songs this year and am not a fan. If people only listen and appreciate good music. They shld be on top
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Relax101(m): 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2011
amblors:

mayb its the likes of Vic-O & Speed Darlington she listened to.

Very possible.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Revolva(m): 9:56pm On Oct 29, 2011
I must say Keri hilson has her own opinion to say, and its true, she must also remember that despite we speak english here , does not mean every kind of word we use in songs must be totally understandable to her, Ok, we have our own way of writing english, Oya make she listen to Dagrin, na, wether she go fir relate to am, lyrically, na because she find some english in that song she begin, talk, I beg na for her pocket jare
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by kingsrod: 10:06pm On Oct 29, 2011
Nigerians una just lack sense of humor, people wey no get wetin she yarn go say na shotz, smh
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 29, 2011
i love those girls mixing tlc,montell jordan,they tried
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Natasha2(f): 10:18pm On Oct 29, 2011
Oba234:

To people that are attacking Nigerian musicians as making no sense and Nigerians as people that just like the beats of song need to realized that people in general likes catchy music. Well, its just not just Nigerian musicians that makes no sense, A lot of songs that come out nowadays have poor lyrical content, but they become big hits. There so many American songs that I have listened to and liked, but at the end of the day, I ask myself why this song became popular. People that like Soulja Boy, Nicki Minaj, lil wayne, Wacka Flocka, Gucci Mane are not necessarily doing so because these people are lyrical genius. Can someone tell me what "no hands" mean? This was the song sang by Wacka Flocka. I am guilty of doing this also. I listen to a lot of music with poor lyrical content, but if I want to listen to song that has string lyrical content, I will go listen to Ayo, Luther Vandross, Gospel music and some old school R&B. I don't think she hates Nigerian music, it just not what she is used to. She may be hearing the wrong word though. Anyway, point is Nigerian music is playing wherever she is so, somebody is liking it over there.
Seconded  cheesy and yup you're right she may be hearing the wrong word I wonder where she got the song from  out of all the other artist .
Revolva:

I must say Keri hilson has her own opinion to say,  and its true, she must also remember that despite we speak english here , does not mean every kind of word we use in songs must be totally understandable to her, Ok, we have our own way of writing english, Oya make she listen to Dagrin, na, wether she go fir relate to am, lyrically, na because she find some english in that song she begin, talk, I beg na for her pocket jare
thirded  wink
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by GOZILLA(m): 10:20pm On Oct 29, 2011
if say "lick ya speakers" came from 50 cent we would have been saying "damn he killed it bro!". smh
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Natasha2(f): 10:45pm On Oct 29, 2011
^^hhahaha lmao true that  grin
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by knoxranger: 11:18pm On Oct 29, 2011
Okay Ms Keri Hilson is just having a dang opinion like a yansh hole which everyone is got one each angry angry angry, so let her be,
The naija Artist in question is Olamide, the Eniduro crooner, He was on Jimmy's jump off and he used that line as a slang, He does his thingy rite like every other rapper would have done, Y'all can have ur opinion, Chikena wink wink wink
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by amblors(m): 11:38pm On Oct 29, 2011
^^^
i just torture myself by listening to Olamide Jumpoff, i no hear am.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 11:49pm On Oct 29, 2011
lol @ the Kheri Hilson hate by SOME folks grin

my girl Kheri is making money! I don't think she is worried about hurt egos or feelings
and besides she was NOT popping shits at that particular artist nor Nigeria so stop acting
like this is some sort of waged war grin. All she did was update her status on a hotdamn public
networking site and described her then current activity which was listening to that particular song.
Grow up and get the stiff out 'them necks. tongue
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 29, 2011
Sagamite:

I concur but you know I gotta do it! LOL

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Q4s_ZdvAQ?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash] [flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yRme0C2pmI?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash] [flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin kiss kiss

somebody was like >>> 'Flocka's raps STANKING wtf he thankin?" grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Sagamite(m): 12:00am On Oct 30, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

I concur but you know I gotta do it! LOL

ARRGH!

NOOOOO!

grin grin grin
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Sagamite(m): 12:02am On Oct 30, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

lol @ the Kheri Hilson hate by SOME folks  grin

my girl Kheri is making money! I don't think she is worried about hurt egos or feelings
and besides she was NOT popping shits at that particular artist nor Nigeria so stop acting
like this is some sort of waged war  grin. All she did was update her status on a hotdamn public
networking site and described her then current activity which was listening to that particular song.
Grow up and get the stiff out 'them necks.  tongue

You have to understand alot of Nigerians are cretins!
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 30, 2011
Sagamite:

ARRGH!

NOOOOO!

grin grin grin

@ Sagamite LOL  grin  grin

at least you haven't had the unfortunate experience of listening
to "Bangs" who is the self proclaimed 'Hottest Sudanese rapper' LMAO!
trust me after an hour of that, you'd be begging for the three stooges above  tongue

Sagamite:

shocked shocked Come on be nice!!
btw you've just shown me that i said 'shits' grin I meant 'shots' tongue
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by cold(m): 12:09am On Oct 30, 2011
Sagamite:

Sagacious Sagamite.Did you just say that shocked retract asap
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 30, 2011
^^ when he is done listening to Bangs and then staring at the blank screen in disbelief grin
he will return.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by cold(m): 12:15am On Oct 30, 2011
^Maq I go listen to this bangs sef grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Last Did You Listen To Radio ? / ODUMODUBLACK FT. Tiwa Savage - 100 Million (Official Video) / Site To Download Free 9ja Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.