Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death (48935 Views)

Boy Became Popular After He Converted Refrigerator To Boat / 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Now Authors (Photos) / Nigerian Celebrities Who Crush On Anthony Joshua (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Tareq1105: 6:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
thatigboman:
christy essien igbokwe was a holdhold name in the 80s and 90s. From acting akpeno to music - singing in English, Igbo and yoruba. Dont know where the Op got his concept of being popilar after death from.
Same as Amaka Igwe that created the very popular Checkmate

Was he even born when she was reigning?
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:21pm On Nov 23, 2023
Awesome6s:

By CrispNG

You must have drunk something weird because you put Christy Essien Igbokwe on that list.

The woman called the African Lady of Songs" even when Miriam Makena was alive?

Remove that name from that list sharperly!
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Treasure17(m): 6:23pm On Nov 23, 2023
Bisi and and Dagrin own pain me like mad.
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by DDIA: 6:27pm On Nov 23, 2023
id4sho:
Dagrin: Pon Pon, idi nla, if I die, Thank God

Mohbad: kpk, feel good tongue

cool

2 Likes

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by DDIA: 6:32pm On Nov 23, 2023
Blaky2235:
E don be for Oladips grin grin
Dude better look for a way to make atonement..
He wanted to create bomb to make himself and his new album the talk of the town.. then he should have looked for another.. not faking his death..

Anyways,, I'm into construction and designing of home furnitures.. visit my signature and feed your eyes wink cheesy

Will be a nice name for his album because the unreleased album which its name is unknown is already the talk of the town.

Unconscious promotion of the niggas unreleased album.

Whether we like it or not, people will rush to hear the songs in the album at least once to know what the nigga is made of.

Who knows, if he is good, people will stick and that is how he will gradually rise if he can keep up.
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Ubdavis(m): 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2023
I honestly Mohbad, before him Kpeme
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by whitejs: 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2023
riczy:
Barrack oh grin I missed him, my favorite in d list posted!

He spits rhymes like abc
My best Yoruba rapper to date

He has this 2pac vibes

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by ncoolsome(m): 6:45pm On Nov 23, 2023
Pls replace Christy essien with Fela anikulapokuti...
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by chukkystar(m): 6:48pm On Nov 23, 2023
richeeyo:

Not aware of his drug problems
I think it's crack Cocaine. His Manager complained about Him becoming too Eratic and wasteful with money and linked it to His drug use. I feel He wanted to improve His creativity and tried drugs but fell in Love with them.
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by cliffypatt(m): 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2023
immortalcrown:
The inclusion of Ola Dip is funny 🤣

It serves him right. Not everyone gets away with stupidity. If Ola's father was that of Mohbad, Ola would have been quickly buried alive in an under-sized casket at night.

Lol this one much o 🤣
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Abbaaty(m): 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ah! I thought Oladips is still alive 🤔🤔
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by femi4: 7:34pm On Nov 23, 2023
Awesome6s:

By CrispNG
indomie generation

Remove Christy essien igbokwe from your list.

She was the first female president of PMAN with many awards attached to her name both home and abroad

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by XAUBulls: 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2023
Awesome6s:

By CrispNG
Christy Uduak Essien and Amaka Igwe were well-known before they passed on and shouldn't be on that list. Right from the early 1980s we knew Christy Essien who acted the role of Apena in "The New Masquerade" on national television and she was also a fantastic pop star who sang fluently in English, Yoruba, her native Ibibio, and Ibo.

Christy was known internationally and I remember watching her back in the 1980s sing the monster hit "Seun re re" live on stage in the U.S. She received a massive standing ovation after that powerful vocal delivery. The Americans loved it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDrApu9APBk

Dagrin, Mohbad, and Oladips (pun intended)
became more popular after their passing (minus Oladips of course).

Dagrin's rap songs were known to me before he passed on in that tragic car crash in 2010, but of all those on the list, he truly become more visible after he passed. "Omo Ogun" was dope with his Yoruba rap songs laced with English and pidgin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by tafabaloo(m): 7:53pm On Nov 23, 2023
The first 4 shld not be on d list, pls

While alive, Christy E. Igbokwe, Bisi Komolafe, Dagrin and Amska Igwe were all known stars...
It's as if you were saying Michael Jackson became more known after his demise.

My opinion, though.

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by pooozeee(m): 7:58pm On Nov 23, 2023
Awesome6s:

By CrispNG

The list is incomplete if you didn't mention Goldie
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Semaj77(m): 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2023
Awesome6s:

By CrispNG

Please remove Christy Essien Igbokwe there before thunder fires you

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Semaj77(m): 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
clefstone:
Christy Essien Igbokwe shouldn't be on this list. She was more famous alive than when she died

What were you expecting from indomie generation
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by richeeyo(m): 8:26pm On Nov 23, 2023
chukkystar:
I think it's crack Cocaine. His Manager complained about Him becoming too Eratic and wasteful with money and linked it to His drug use. I feel He wanted to improve His creativity and tried drugs but fell in Love with them.
What a waste of talent
What ever highness anyone wants
I simply recommend never going beyond smoking weed

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Semaj77(m): 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2023
chukkystar:
U know people only see Music as a numbers thing. Unless the artist is selling or being or billboards the artist has fallen. Brymo is on His own lane and carved His own Ninche. He likes to feel His Music, it's also something that lead Him to taking Hard Drugs

Only people like you see music as a numbers thing ( whatever that means ). You see people like Yanni have broken records most musicians can't but he's still largely unknown because he doesn't have those "numbers" you speak of but nonetheless he keeps achieving even without the viewership

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Agunesinjaweola: 10:22pm On Nov 23, 2023
What of Oladips
He's resting in pieces 🧩 now !!
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Agunesinjaweola: 10:23pm On Nov 23, 2023
Awesome6s:

By CrispNG
Kristy Essien was very popular among old folks except for Indomie generation.
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Melagros(m): 10:24pm On Nov 23, 2023
Risingblue008:
U no add brymo?
grin grin grin
Cos I no sure If that guy dey see garri chop for the music industry
Na dead man na,
grin grin grin

Hustle make u no go fall like brymo
Guy you well at all? grin grin grin wetin brymo do you? grin grin grin grin
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Melagros(m): 10:25pm On Nov 23, 2023
clefstone:
Christy Essien Igbokwe shouldn't be on this list. She was more famous alive than when she died
Exactly, the op na mumu he nono anything
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Melagros(m): 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2023
enemachris:
Remove Christy Essien Igbokwe from the list. She was popular during her peak in the 80's and 90's
The op na mumu
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Melagros(m): 10:27pm On Nov 23, 2023
Angelfrost:
Amaka Igwe and Christy Essien-Igbokwe have no business on that list...!

Those were Amazons while alive, and breaking new ground in the Entertainment Industry... Death didn't make them more popular than they already were, they were simply celebrated for their milestones.

You people should learn to do proper research and fact-finding before rushing to create topics and threads.
They don't deserve to be on the list
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Mryacks: 10:32pm On Nov 23, 2023
clefstone:

Agreed...I would say Amaka Igwe too
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Abbeytoy(m): 10:33pm On Nov 23, 2023
Never Heard of the 2 & 3.

Number was one of my best friend then.
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by shoprite: 11:12pm On Nov 23, 2023
clefstone:

You took this right outta my mouth . . .Who made this list? Christy Essien was very well known while she was alive not after she died! undecided

1 Like

Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by diggindeep: 1:01am On Nov 24, 2023
Ola dip dead but not yet buried
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by Rick9(m): 1:22am On Nov 24, 2023
Seeing Oladips on the list got me laughing hard 🤣🤣
Re: 6 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became More Popular After Their Death by theysg: 1:58am On Nov 24, 2023
Risingblue008:
U no add brymo?
grin grin grin
Cos I no sure If that guy dey see garri chop for the music industry
Na dead man na,
grin grin grin

Hustle make u no go fall like brymo

Naso una go dey overdo wetin una think say una dey do, until una go come talk the thing wey pass una mouth, come dey get problem wey pass una head.
Brymo still get glory pass you?, and he is still relevant up till today, that is why you are still talking bout him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Frodd Kisses Juliet Ibrahim At An Event / Nkem Owoh Visits Father Mbaka Adoration Ministry (Pictures) / Destiny Etiko Denies Car Gift From Businessman, Curses Bloggers, Rumour-Mongers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.