Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,835 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family (48571 Views)

The Cost Of Getting Married To A Poor Family / Have You Ever Slept Hungry To Prove A Point To You Wife That You Are Angry ?? / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by kizxaxa: 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2023
Lightway:
They love to Speak pidgin

They beleive that speaking English does not make one intelligent... yet they can't speak English properly

They believe in village people.

They think suffering is a flex... See, if I tell you how I suffered... That's their gist.

They think people that are rich are rich by grace. They don't understand the concept of intelligent work.

Rich ppl speak pigin too, but not to Thier kids
Lower class ppl speak pigin to Thier kids.

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by grandstar(m): 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2023
Abalado:
You are saying rubbish ogbeni

I agree with you.

Some of the most wasteful people I know are poor. They can splurge worse than a rich man.

2 Likes

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by RPG2020(m): 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2023
Chaii all above is about me 😭
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by NOwazobia: 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2023
Very empty topic with absolutely nothing to learn from it.

Next!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by loswhite(m): 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2023
Domistar5:
1. Concerns about Food Security: Constant worries about food and nutrition might stem from past financial difficulties. People from such backgrounds might struggle with weight, have an aversion to wasting food, or develop poor eating habits.
CONTINUE READING

2. Saving the Best for Last.

Leaving the best part of a meal for the end is a habit developed from the anticipation of scarcity. This way, the most enjoyable part is savored for longer.

3. Reluctance to Splurge.

Individuals who’ve experienced financial challenges might delay non-essential purchases, adhering to a “delayed shopping” rule to ensure they’re spending wisely.

4. Working Hard for Small Earnings.

Growing up knowing that consistent income is essential, even if meager, can create a fear of job loss. This fear motivates them to work hard to secure their livelihood.

5. Valuing Possessions.

Developing an attachment to personal belongings is a common trait among those who’ve had to work hard for what they own.

6. Yearning for Miracles.

People who haven’t experienced financial hardship may see winning the lottery or hambling as a way to attain happiness. Those who’ve faced destitution differentiate between urgent needs and unrealistic hopes for miracles.
The internet makes Bunch of idiots think they are expert in every field. The annoying part is you have fellow 48 kolo that believe that you are an expert...lol
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by grandstar(m): 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2023
SensualMan:
Six of mine below:

Agbado people praying for Tinubu policies to favour their papa, their mama and their families.

Agbado people buying N300 fuel for their vehicles.

Agbado people buying half cut corn

Agbado people waiting on miracle palliative alert.

Yoruba man in Ogun state cutting his buried fathers leg with the hope of million million.

Yoruba man looking clean and smelling nice which is a mirage.

You no get work? Your people are doing well in the place you call Southwest and that is not enough for you? Everyday, at least 50 men bearing Emeka will enter Lagos.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Your own people IPOB have made the peaceful East a Monday nightmare for you.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by dododawa1: 9:59pm On Nov 23, 2023
Rich man

Pikin

Can't write

This

But

Poverty OP.

instict
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by 3ice9ce: 10:04pm On Nov 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

1.:Anxiety about food is a complex psychological issue with little to do with poverty. It can be related to parental anxiety ,especially maternal,. A parenting style that offers a crying infant comfort predictably with the breast or bottle can end up creating problems in later life.
These issues can be transmitted from one generation to another in recognisable patterns.
Mothers end up giving children food or sweets instead of attention and that is why there is a lot of childhood obesity among rich folk and the Western world.
Anxiety in later years could manifest as anorexia nervosa.
2. Saving best for last? What does that mean?
3. Reluctance to splurge? No. Actually that is what poor people do. They always splurge on what they cannot afford or do not need.People raised in wealth who understand money do not need to buy the latest IPhone
4.Working hard for small earnings. This sounds quite dumb. Who chooses that ?
That is the reality of life no one will make that choice. It is like saying poor people are short

5! Valuing Possessions. You are contradicting yourself self. Who said rich people don't work hard? They work hard to get rich and work hard to stay rich. What does valuing possessions mean?
6.Yearning for miracles is down to illiteracy and superstition. The more educated the population the less of that you see.
Rich Nigerians yearn for miracles when they have challenges.That is down to a superstitious mindset fostered by Pentecostal churches and Islamic clerics

This one is using his education to defend poverty. grin
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by seanwilliam(m): 10:06pm On Nov 23, 2023
Tayorshd87:

That's the kind of wife I married and am looking for a way to leave with the 2 kids
hmm can you expatiate pls
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Pat081: 10:07pm On Nov 23, 2023
FuckingMachine:
7. Entitlement mentality

People born in poor homes usually believe that they are entitled to the money and possessions of the affluent ones around them.

8. Lack of Appreciation

Poor people are usually ungrateful and can go to the extent of blaming their benefactor for their woes even when they were miserable long before he/she came around.

9. Belief in Juju

Poor people relate every single positive/negative occurrence to the spiritual. They also believe success is attained by juju because they were born into a home where nothing big happened no matter the level of effort put in.

10. Competition

Poor people are highly competitive. This is because they are easily intimidated by everything. A neighbour laughing in his apartment can cause poor people to bring 3 of their lousy friends to disturb the vicinity the next day. A neighbour bringing home a chick for the night can lead to poor man bringing 3 dirty skanks for the next 3 days. The worst is you having anything they don't have. Poor people can compete against a 5KVA generator with an I Pass My Neighbour or their hire purchase Keke Marwa against a 4Runner jeep. When poor people can no longer compete they resort to gossip to try and destroy the reputation of the person they lost to.

Before you fear women, fear poor people.
you are talking like someone from the poor home
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:18pm On Nov 23, 2023
grandstar:
No.7

When they are in your house under your care, they can serve you Eba enough to feed 3 people even though you told them you want small. The portions are ridiculously large and would frustrate any weight loss journey.

It is a dead giveaway.

If the girl you are dating does this repeatedly, even when you have complained incessantly, it is a dead giveaway. The reply would be "Just leave the one you can't finish."

It comes from a history of having little to eat and over appreciating it when they have it.

The only thing that can temper such behaviour is to travel overseas to an advanced country for some years, where food is surplus and even wasted and people are economical with food sizes. Also, a society where you can't use meal size portions or chubby body to oppress the hungry horde. It is usually the poor in these society that suffer from obesity the most.
Hahahaha đŸ€ŁđŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Clinghton: 10:25pm On Nov 23, 2023
In conclusion, may God help us because most of us fall under this category.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Ten06(m): 10:27pm On Nov 23, 2023
You are very correct with the above analysis.
It is a desease that manifest all through their life.
I know one who lived in abject poverty in his childhood, despite the fact that he now earn very good salary he cannot eat more than #400 food for the whole day. He doesn't have fans in his house and it is only his dining that have a light bulb.
Just to buy a pillow, it took him an hour negotiating and manipulating the seller before he could pay for it.
His salary is about a million per month but he still went ahead to buy 60k phone from EASYBUY.

I also know another one who do not like paying his children school fee even when he has the money, because he do not want his money to finish. When it is time to pay fee he will take them to another school, when that one ask for fee he will withdraw them to another one. That was how the 2 of the children finished secondary school without knowing how to read properly. They are now at home doing nothing.
All what he knows to do is to announce his hunger to the hearing of the who street and swallow garri without control

2 Likes

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by kkins25(m): 10:34pm On Nov 23, 2023
Op, missed me by one point.. đŸ€Ł
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Gajagojo: 10:39pm On Nov 23, 2023
3ice9ce:

This one is using his education to defend poverty. grin

Why are you showing your yellow teeth

The internet is what gives the opportunity for all manner of lowlifes and social.misfits to Hobnob with people their fathers cannot meet in real life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Benjamin4388(m): 10:44pm On Nov 23, 2023
pansophist:
Being broke is a material state, but being poor is a mental state. Although most poor people are broke, not all broke people are poor. Brokeness can happen to anybody, even millionaires.

But poverty, that one needs deliverance. Poverty affects your character, taste, future, surroundings, friends, hobbies, life choices, partner choices, church choices, career choices, just name it.

Dangote and a broke man can be friends without friction, but to be friends with a poor person is like being friends with problems. Poverty is self-destructive and cannot redeem itself.

A mentally poor person needs a prolong intervention within affluence and affluential people before any hope of redemption can be seen, and that depends on the age of the poor person. Over 40 years old? thats almost a point of no return, then poverty for life is assured.

Poverty, allied with a lack of manners is the deadliest combination a human can possess, and I don't think the blood of Jesus can wash it away. Poverty is bad.
God touch your brain as u dey type this thing... who has ears should hear

3 Likes

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by YourGFsnatcher: 10:54pm On Nov 23, 2023
Beverlyjean:
THEY HATE ON THE RICH

This is the best one
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by superchidiebere(m): 10:57pm On Nov 23, 2023
Dear Macron/French Diplomats in Nantes,
It is embarrassing to note of your phonies.

France are loosers while milk Africans with the sole aim of granting visas yet they inadvertently refuse visas to us.

France is highly interested in Africa because of various degrees and components of solid mineral resources in our continent as much as they want to hold their colonized Francophone states at ransom.

Thanks to Bokinafaso , Niger 🇳đŸ‡Ș , Gabon 🇬🇩, Mali đŸ‡ČđŸ‡± etc for their strong đŸ’Ș resolves in displacing France.

France learn to respect Africans and her citizens schengen states isn't heaven.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by YourGFsnatcher: 10:57pm On Nov 23, 2023
Domistar5:
1. Concerns about Food Security: Constant worries about food and nutrition might stem from past financial difficulties. People from such backgrounds might struggle with weight, have an aversion to wasting food, or develop poor eating habits.
CONTINUE READING

Leaving the best part of a meal for the end is a habit developed from the anticipation of scarcity. This way, the most enjoyable part is savored for longer.

Individuals who’ve experienced financial challenges might delay non-essential purchases, adhering to a “delayed shopping” rule to ensure they’re spending wisely.

Growing up knowing that consistent income is essential, even if meager, can create a fear of job loss. This fear motivates them to work hard to secure their livelihood.

5. Valuing Possessions.

Developing an attachment to personal belongings is a common trait among those who’ve had to work hard for what they own.

People who haven’t experienced financial hardship may see winning the lottery or hambling as a way to attain happiness. Those who’ve faced destitution differentiate between urgent needs and unrealistic hopes for miracles.

Thinking there's a vest part of a meal is poor mentality. Most people drink water at the end of a meal, why is water not regarded best part of the meal? Progressive eating has nothing to do with poverty, its just how people eat best. I know people that once they take soft drink before a meal that's it for them, they can't eat anything again so they take it last. Only poor people think that there's a best part of a meal. It's just eating in order not to get tired of the meal desired by your body system.

But I can agree with other points
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by jelel6: 11:10pm On Nov 23, 2023
If you felt slighted reading that insensitive rubbish and callous generalization of people's socioeconomic backgrounds, don't be ashamed. It means you're merely human with a dose of empathy. Some discussions are better left unsaid.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Beverlyjean(f): 11:11pm On Nov 23, 2023
MrSly:

Look at, they hate... As if you are rich.

I see u.. u are definitely one of them
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by olaztek(m): 11:28pm On Nov 23, 2023
Poor people make a lot of bad decisions that makes it difficult for them to get out of poverty.

Having many children, spending too much of their meager income on frivolities, voting terrible leaders and so on are stupid decisions that make life harder for them.

2 Likes

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Benki003(m): 11:31pm On Nov 23, 2023
FuckingMachine:
7. Entitlement mentality

People born in poor homes usually believe that they are entitled to the money and possessions of the affluent ones around them.

8. Lack of Appreciation

Poor people are usually ungrateful and can go to the extent of blaming their benefactor for their woes even when they were miserable long before he/she came around.

9. Belief in Juju

Poor people relate every single positive/negative occurrence to the spiritual. They also believe success is attained by juju because they were born into a home where nothing big happened no matter the level of effort put in.

10. Competition

Poor people are highly competitive. This is because they are easily intimidated by everything. A neighbour laughing in his apartment can cause poor people to bring 3 of their lousy friends to disturb the vicinity the next day. A neighbour bringing home a chick for the night can lead to poor man bringing 3 dirty skanks for the next 3 days. The worst is you having anything they don't have. Poor people can compete against a 5KVA generator with an I Pass My Neighbour or their hire purchase Keke Marwa against a 4Runner jeep. When poor people can no longer compete they resort to gossip to try and destroy the reputation of the person they lost to.

Most women are poor people so it's fair to say fear women angry grin
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by PoliteActivist: 11:32pm On Nov 23, 2023
Domistar5:
1. Concerns about Food Security: Constant worries about food and nutrition might stem from past financial .

OP it is good if you give the original source some credit

https://brightside.me/articles/12-habits-that-reveal-a-person-grew-up-in-a-poor-family-800241/

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by 3ice9ce: 11:50pm On Nov 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

Why are you showing your yellow teeth

The internet is what gives the opportunity for all manner of lowlifes and social.misfits to Hobnob with people their fathers cannot meet in real life

Look at this serial failure. Go home and pick any specimen from your cursed lineage of animals, let us see if he measures up to my dog. Starting with the diseased pig you call a mother.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by PoliteActivist: 12:15am On Nov 24, 2023
3ice9ce:

Look at this serial failure. Go home and pick any specimen from your cursed lineage of animals, let us see if he measures up to my dog. Starting with the diseased pig you call a mother.

That must be some dog!😆

Gajagojo he actually go and read what you wrote. You are actually correct. I wish I could give you more than one like
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Panda7(m): 12:45am On Nov 24, 2023
a stupid write-up. people mostly are influenced by their environments, schools they attended, friendship they kept or had. I know so many people young and matured who were born in a rich family or to rich parents but they never reflect on where they came from.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by toprealman: 12:55am On Nov 24, 2023
FuckingMachine:
7. Entitlement mentality

8. Lack of Appreciation

9. Belief in Juju

10. Competition

This is the main article. Totally agree with your submission
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by XAUBulls: 1:09am On Nov 24, 2023
Domistar5:
CONTINUE READING

5. Valuing Possessions.

Not necessarily true for some of the bullet points on the list.
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by OmoFiditi: 1:59am On Nov 24, 2023
FuckingMachine:
7. Entitlement mentality

8. Lack of Appreciation

9. Belief in Juju

10. Competition

Another trait...

Poor people in Nigeria vote like idiots and cry the next week about hardship brought upon by the idiot they voted for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by olu122: 2:19am On Nov 24, 2023
There is dignity in labour as long as you are rendering services and solving problems we all need each other be it rich or poor.
Remember that there is no poor or rich cemetery (graveyard) .
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Hypemp3: 3:31am On Nov 24, 2023
starpower:
Too much perfume. As them get low self esteem, house is actually over populated and no healthy air flow. So clothes stinks
This doesn’t even make sense. Were you typing from the hole just beneath your buttocks?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

It Turns Me On Seeing My Wife Hurt, Sad Or In Pain / Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.