Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,469 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family (48518 Views)

The Cost Of Getting Married To A Poor Family / Have You Ever Slept Hungry To Prove A Point To You Wife That You Are Angry ?? / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Domistar5(f): 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2023
1. Concerns about Food Security: Constant worries about food and nutrition might stem from past financial difficulties. People from such backgrounds might struggle with weight, have an aversion to wasting food, or develop poor eating habits.…CONTINUE READING

2. Saving the Best for Last.

Leaving the best part of a meal for the end is a habit developed from the anticipation of scarcity. This way, the most enjoyable part is savored for longer.

3. Reluctance to Splurge.

Individuals who’ve experienced financial challenges might delay non-essential purchases, adhering to a “delayed shopping” rule to ensure they’re spending wisely.

4. Working Hard for Small Earnings.

Growing up knowing that consistent income is essential, even if meager, can create a fear of job loss. This fear motivates them to work hard to secure their livelihood.

5. Valuing Possessions.

Developing an attachment to personal belongings is a common trait among those who’ve had to work hard for what they own.

6. Yearning for Miracles.

People who haven’t experienced financial hardship may see winning the lottery or hambling as a way to attain happiness. Those who’ve faced destitution differentiate between urgent needs and unrealistic hopes for miracles.

113 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by immortalcrown(m): 9:43pm On Nov 22, 2023
💯

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by FuckingMachine: 10:06pm On Nov 22, 2023
7. Entitlement mentality

People born in poor homes usually believe that they are entitled to the money and possessions of the affluent ones around them.

8. Lack of Appreciation

Poor people are usually ungrateful and can go to the extent of blaming their benefactor for their woes even when they were miserable long before he/she came around.

9. Belief in Juju

Poor people relate every single positive/negative occurrence to the spiritual. They also believe success is attained by juju because they were born into a home where nothing big happened no matter the level of effort put in.

10. Competition

Poor people are highly competitive. This is because they are easily intimidated by everything. A neighbour laughing in his apartment can cause poor people to bring 3 of their lousy friends to disturb the vicinity the next day. A neighbour bringing home a chick for the night can lead to poor man bringing 3 dirty skanks for the next 3 days. The worst is you having anything they don't have. Poor people can compete against a 5KVA generator with an I Pass My Neighbour or their hire purchase Keke Marwa against a 4Runner jeep. When poor people can no longer compete they resort to gossip to try and destroy the reputation of the person they lost to.

Before you fear women, fear poor people.

311 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by PedoBear: 4:10am On Nov 23, 2023
Nothing sucks like being poor and living in a shit hole

53 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by starpower(m): 5:29am On Nov 23, 2023
Too much perfume. As them get low self esteem, house is actually over populated and no healthy air flow. So clothes stinks

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Beverlyjean(f): 7:10am On Nov 23, 2023
THEY HATE ON THE RICH

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Jewessgratitud3: 9:27am On Nov 23, 2023
Aunty, which one do you belong to? Cos for you to know these things and how it affects and makes them react to situations shows you too can relate from experience.

Money is a powerful tool and can induce feelings of excitement in anyone and this has nothing to do with your beliefs or religion. If someone decides to see it as a miracle, it doesn't make him poor. Are you trying to say rich people that have great achievements and attribute it to God are poor just because they see it as a miracle?

Be like say you dey tell us something without telling us something.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by slaawomirr: 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2023
Damnnn niggar
I can bet my balls aunty op is from a poor background
You see that working hard for small earnings
That thing have ruined many people and make them poorer
Most are civil servants
They are comfortable with meagre amount
Then the worse part be say them go dey use pension way them fit die leave take they get hope

I almost use slap remove my cousin teeth when he be want try that rubbish accept uniben job

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by IMASTEX: 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2023
Been born into a poor family no problem, you can decide to change that by doubling your hustle. Not having money you can cope. But you see poverty of the mind that one has no cure and it's the root of all evil.

Meanwhile, the Nigeria governance system is designed to breed gross poverty. Poverty remained the strongest weapon of the elite to conquer the people.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Abalado(f): 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2023
You are saying rubbish ogbeni

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Toluabigr8(m): 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2023
For someone to write all this shit up there he/she must have being in a convenant with poverty. angry

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by SensualMan: 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2023
Six of mine below:

Agbado people praying for Tinubu policies to favour their papa, their mama and their families.

Agbado people buying N300 fuel for their vehicles.

Agbado people buying half cut corn

Agbado people waiting on miracle palliative alert.

Yoruba man in Ogun state cutting his buried fathers leg with the hope of million million.

Yoruba man looking clean and smelling nice which is a mirage.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Boyooosa(m): 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2023
All makes sense but item 2, how do you determine best part of a meal? undecided

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Betrands: 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2023
Rubbish post

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Jahwinaboy(m): 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2023
Not all are true. Some are based on those olden days habits. Besides, a huge number of us from 90s backwards had similar backgrounds. How many rich families were there in the 80s,70s, 50s? You are indirectly mocking us all including yourself because either u, your family or grandparents were once poor. Even CR7, Mane, etc acknowledge they came from poor backgrounds but look at them now. RUBBISH POST

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by ravensckar(m): 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
People from poor family always have opinion on how others should spend their money. You'll hear stuff like; 'That guy no just sabi spend money. Imagine renting an apartment of 1.2 million per year in this economy, it's too much'. cheesy cheesy

The moment I hear the above statement from somebody, I know for a fact that he/she is suffering from generational poverty. cheesy cheesy

It's only frustration that can cause an Engineering undergraduate to do his I.T in a Police Station. God abeg o.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Iyenogie30: 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
Most useless write ups

Why do I need to care about a person financial background??

14 Likes

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by chris4gold(m): 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
Okay na

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by orohbirodeysmel: 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
11. The can betray you for crumbs 😭

Don't disclose your secrets and plans to them .They are anywhere belle face and can betray you without remorse ..cos they must chop🧏

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by THELATTERMAN(m): 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
If you're in need of a remote editing job, check the link
https://www.nairaland.com/7920482/editor-needed-news-media#127129955

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Kharol1234: 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2023
😂🤣😂😂😂 no be lie the way my neighbour they take disturb me with music every morning na only God fit help me.

8 Likes

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Okiton: 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2023
cheesy
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by jericco1(m): 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2023
Hmm
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Iseoluwani: 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2023
grin
Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by 1950Mack: 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2023
grin so poor people should not breef again.... let the poor breef grin

P.S: I was born in a middle class family but I don't exhibit such traits... I think it depends on who you are. I have strict financial discipline doesn't mean am from poor background, I've met sons of millionaires who don't waste money like many poor people do even, they only buy what they need and don't splurge... now how's that undecided

Life is an illusion. grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by pansophist(m): 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2023
Being broke is a material state, but being poor is a mental state. Although most poor people are broke, not all broke people are poor. Brokeness can happen to anybody, even millionaires.

But poverty, that one needs deliverance. Poverty affects your character, taste, future, surroundings, friends, hobbies, life choices, partner choices, church choices, career choices, just name it.

Dangote and a broke man can be friends without friction, but to be friends with a poor person is like being friends with problems. Poverty is self-destructive and cannot redeem itself.

A mentally poor person needs a prolong intervention within affluence and affluential people before any hope of redemption can be seen, and that depends on the age of the poor person. Over 40 years old? thats almost a point of no return, then poverty for life is assured.

Poverty, allied with a lack of manners is the deadliest combination a human can possess, and I don't think the blood of Jesus can wash it away. Poverty is bad.

43 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Pappij: 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2023
This is far from the truth.

You don't mix being disciplined with finances or having a certain eating habit with one's background.

These habits have nothing to do with being poor since people develop different habits as they get older/wiser.

Anyways, believe whatever floats your boat.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by ImoleNaija: 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2023
Must you remind us

1 Like

Re: Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family by Lightway: 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2023
They love to Speak pidgin

They beleive that speaking English does not make one intelligent... yet they can't speak English properly

They believe in village people.

They think suffering is a flex... See, if I tell you how I suffered... That's their gist.

They think people that are rich are rich by grace. They don't understand the concept of intelligent work.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? / Smart Mum Spoiled Her Daughter's Plan To Steal Meat (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.