Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,988 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) (57264 Views)

This House Built With Plastic Bottle Is Better Than A Block House( Pictures) / Man Returns From Dubai To See The House Built With Money He Sent Home / Tenant Who Was Served Quit Notice Builds Beautiful House Opposite Landlord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Damian911: 9:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
tuzle:
There is one video I do watch on YouTube on 2 guys. They build fine structures from just local material gotten from the surrounding. There was one they built a resort with mud and palm leaves, made an underground bath house and use bamboo to connect water from a river nearby. Like those guys are just so artistic. I can't remember the name of the channel.
You mean some Asian like guys building houses in the forest? Those guys are pure scammers!
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by tymicjay77: 10:55pm On Nov 24, 2023
Big lie from pit of hell, that house is not purely mud. I will give my reason as below
1. Mud can not withstand the tensional stress and axial force of that lintels window without reinforcement or iron bar. So how do you place iron rod inside mud if there is no cement
2. How do you erect mud to be straight without any uneven surface not possible.
3. That house actually as skeleton ( reinforcement for it to stand firm like that.

The surface might look like mud , but what the op didn't know is that there are different substances to add to sand use in building to give that cray or mud like look while in actual sense it is make up sand mixed with cement with the cray like color.
So that house is not mud.

There are actually different soil with different color or physical appearance. So not every soil that has color is mud or clay.. even if the house is made of cray bricks, they still need reinforcement iron at those lintel or beam. The span of those beans can not stand without reinforcement in it.
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by tctrills: 12:02am On Nov 25, 2023
christejames:
Let's go back to our ancient architecture or modernize it like this... ☺

I don't even know what our architectural students are being taught in our universities 😏, nothing exceptional in their designs, always that 'square design' with 'send down the rain rooftop' that is prominent at almost every estate in the country undecided grin

You guys can do better, be more creative abeg, architecture is more of an art, and arts are unique representation of life, so guard it!
Very easy to say and to preach to others.
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Ayatullah(m): 12:14am On Nov 25, 2023
JASONjnr:
Hard to believe.

Because mud houses usually have cracks and vents on the walls.

But I believe this was mixed with cement to hold it firm.

And, it's absolutely beautiful.

Would pass for a tourist attraction.

Cement might not be involved, maybe clay did the magic.

Salute to the soul(s) behind the beautiful mud House.

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Thundafireseun: 1:40am On Nov 25, 2023
sulakishop:
I and those with usable 5en5e

Good luck to all of you

1 Like

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 2:17am On Nov 25, 2023
christejames:

I don't even know what our architectural students are being taught in our universities 😏, nothing exceptional in their designs, always that 'square design' with 'send down the rain rooftop' that is prominent at almost every estate in the country undecided grin

You guys can do better, be more creative abeg, architecture is more of an art, and arts are unique representation of life, so guard it!

You should check our Francis Kere. Mud is an ideal material for building homes in our country, concrete has thermal properties that are not ideal for our weather.

We should go back to using red clay bricks and screeding using engineered clay plaster. I believe the iron content is partially responsible for the colour of clay.

2 Likes

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Nauttyprof(m): 4:34am On Nov 25, 2023
christejames:

You are 100% correct. You get to see that the most creative architectural designs you see in Lagos are the 'imported' designs from South Africa.

1 Like

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:29am On Nov 25, 2023
googi:
Places like Arizona, Texas and European countryside still use mud or clay bricks but expensive as you indicated.

Even modern houses everywhere still used mud or clay bricks on some or all parts of their houses. Most of the fireplaces use the mud or clay bricks.

They are expensive because the mud in brick are baked in oven instead of being left to dry outside.

There are also natural stone houses but expensive. It boils down to using local materials instead of importing far more expensive materials from outside. Indeed marbles and others are available locally.

But builders would quote imported and local materials to you as if you can tell the difference.

You know 'handwork' people in naija...we are our own problems
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by DJInfluence: 7:28am On Nov 25, 2023
christejames:

Not only the architectural students. What about our engineers? We have been using the same hollowed blocks to build for decades now. When there are more lighter, smaller but stronger blocks being used elsewhere. Most of the collapse building is because the load are too heavy. A lighter block could help reduce this as well.

1 Like

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by TheSuperX(m): 8:20am On Nov 25, 2023
This is really beautiful
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by pacespot(m): 10:40am On Nov 25, 2023
Mud houses are some of the best. Another way people build houses in advanced countries that makes their houses so attractive compared to Africa is that they don't use smooth plastering for the outside walls of the building but rather use fancy blocks that make the bricklaying patterns revealing to the people. Also, the outside walls are not often painted with flashing colors but with colors that blend with the bricks, such as ashes colors.
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by marimarempress: 11:00am On Nov 25, 2023
Looks like one I saw in citation movie.
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Glory2DLamb(m): 12:01pm On Nov 25, 2023
christejames:

They are designing shoes and handbags.

House designing is too tedious.

1 Like

Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Litmus: 6:16pm On Nov 25, 2023
It is likelier than not that our ancestors far back enough built civilisations grander than that of the Egypt whose architectural and artistic findings and ownership in north Africa are now disputed between arabs and blacks. If the evidence for those ancient and indisputably African civilisation existed today we would not be fighting Arabs and the rest of the world for heritage of ancient Egypt. Africans would be so spoiled for choice we could dash them Egypt without a care. But we don't because we have nothing great enough to boast about. Why? Well because our ancestors built thire great civilisations out of mud. Mud did not endure long enough, time and weather washed it all away. And since we did not value permanent record keeping, we don't even have scripted evidence to show for it.

Eh, i guess i'm saying mud would be great today, cost effective and ll that - but, ho-boy, did mud Bleep us up in the past...
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Eunoiaa(f): 7:30pm On Dec 10, 2023
PedoBear:

Loyola not the one in IB

Look at this fake ass, malnourished looking liar. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You that grew in squalor and could barely afford a 3 square meal in 2 days from your mom's prostitution business.
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by Eunoiaa(f): 7:31pm On Dec 10, 2023
Eunoiaa:

Look at this fake ass, malnourished looking liar. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You that grew in squalor and could barely afford a 3 square meal in 2 days from your mom's prostitution business.

cc InfectedEmbryo

You have a mail. grin
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by InfectedEmbryo: 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2023
Eunoiaa:

cc InfectedEmbryo

You have a mail. grin

I don't do mail

Download session and send me your keys
Re: A Beautiful House Built With Mud (Photos) by sgtourism176(m): 8:05am On Dec 22, 2023
Wonderfull

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victims Killed In Lagos Building Collapse (Photos) / From House To Home: Our Home Finish Diaries. / How Many Rooms Can One Build In A Plot Of Land 50x100?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.