Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,899 members, 7,828,166 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

My NYSC Diary - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Diary (230 Views)

Lanre Amu: ‘My NYSC Experience At 54' / "My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa / NYSC: Diary Of A 2018 Prospective Corper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My NYSC Diary by temmienewells(m): 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2023
'Warri, Portharcourt, Onitsha', 'awon driver wa o kin sare buruku, jeje ni', this was blasting at Ajimobi Park, opposite Wema bank, Iwo Road, Ibadan, Oyo State.

'Warri, Portharcourt, Onitsha', our drivers don't overspeed, they are cautious.'

I woke up 6:04a today, jumped out of my bed and rushed to fetch water for my bath, i quickly do that and was ready to fire down to Issele-Uku, Aniocha North LGA, Delta State, Nigeria.

Mummy said some prayers and i was set to leave for the park, i had previously stacked my bag yesternight because i wanted no delay this morning, had to add a few things as recommended by mummy.

I boarded a cab that was going to Iwo Road and the short journey was sweet, i gave the man my last 200 bucks and got a 50 back. I quickly used a POS machine to withdraw #20000; 20k because i learnt my transport fare to Issele-Uku was #14100 and i thought to buy some petty things here and there.

I got to the park and headed straight for the cars going to Onitsha, I chose Onitsha because they had no buses or cabs going straight to Delta state. I quickly went to get my ticket to join the loading Toyota Sienna, got back to the stand and noticed it's already filled, 'Damn', i said.

The time was past 7 and another Sienna came to the same spot, i quickly hopped in, front seat boy, no shaking, that was the time one aunty learnt the word chatter and literally put it into act, they bounced me, i jejely got out and waited for another turn, a turn indeed, ah.

Some minutes to eight, if i remember correct, a 1997 Toyota corolla rolled in and i be like yaaay, I'm so in Deltaaa, walahi i lied.

Took an eon before a man going to Agbor came through, okayy, two to go, i was already getting pissed at this point and decided to go ask the park manager if i could use my ticket tomorrow, he said, 'that car would be filled in a jiffy', i dragged my feet and said words to myself.

It took several light years before two girls decided to ply the Onitsha road on their way to Abia, e no concern me, just pay and enter, let's go, i didn't know driver had a different plan, he waited for one extra person, we sha became five o, this was 11:00a, i was already weak at this point, i sha bought Pepsi, water, chupa chups, freegells and toothbrush.

We set out on our journey, 'the earlier the best', why not?, driver decided to enter fuelling station, he didn't buy fuel, he asked for their price and went to buy a 'soft' bread. I noticed something, while we were to move at the park, this man started the car but went to kick it by opening the bonnet, ah, fun journey 6+ hours.

Driver sha turned out of the fuelling station o, he drove than, a mechanic apprentice started running after us, they sha stopped nearby and they removed our battery and started work on another one they installed. The man that entered last was fuming, 'I will fire you, you do not know me, i am going beyond Onitsha, do not delay me', we were equally angry but okay, we weren't that pressed yet.

We started moving, this driver saw NNPC at Olorunsogo road, i guess, he stopped to buy fuel at 580naira, the man behind me laughed sarcastically, 'so, here is the only place they sell at this rate? You're looking for trouble', the driver was sha saying sorry, i plugged my Oraino earpiece back, ogbonnnn.

The journey was cool, we went beyond Ogun state, we entered Ore, smooth sail, i must confess, we set to eat at a joint in Ore, they sell all sorts, suya, boli, raw plantain, clothes, gadgets, and yes, a cool restaurant too.

Ore-Benin road, ghen ghen, this was around 2 something in the afternoon, we started hearing a sound from under car, we(myself and driver) at the front waved it off at first, but had to stop like a minute or so, alas, i and the driver bent down and we didn't see anything, haha, Wetin dey happen. We entered again, and we started hearing gba gba gba again, alas, tyre was faulty, 'oh, OK, i have a spare', ah, spare with a small contour keh?

This was the tyre the first man who entered complained about, the removed it at Iwo road, changed it for another nonsense tyre, we didnt know it was his spare tyre, lmfao.

We sha changed tyres like thrice on this road(Okada - Benin-city's), we found a vulcaniser, driver liaised with him, bought a tyre from him and fitted it, nice!, we were good to go. The tyre lasted for how long Onana kept a clean sheet for Manchester United thing season, this was past five, close to six self.

Baba driver decided to go back to his vulcaniser, he left since past six, we're just seeing him 830p, ha, what if we weren't at Nigerian Army checkpoint on this express road, he's sha fixing tyre, we'll see, I'll update you.

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Relocation / Advice A Young Corp Member!! / Natural Honey For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.