Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,657 members, 7,813,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria (3757 Views)

5 Facts About University Of Benin / About University Of Ibadan / Contact Me For Any Info About University Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria by Kay1kay1(m): 1:50pm On Oct 31, 2011
@ Poster

Assuming you're not here to put up a fake predicament, engage your reverse gear and move back to the States. You are young. You want to be in control (apart from The One Upstairs and your family) of your future. I've got a cousin in TX. She entered Pre-Pharm round about your age. She's completed and enjoying her life.

NG, you might be patriotic, nostalgic or all that; but you want to be in an environment where you can be the best you. Hope this works.
Re: Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria by mbulela: 2:25pm On Oct 31, 2011
@OP, try Zamfara state univeristy.
I hear they are very good in Pharmacy cheesy

AjanleKoko:

Let me get this straight: The OP just came into town from Yankee, age 17, and wants to seek admission into a Nigerian university?
Abeg jor. Leave that story. OP is prolly just trying to make grown men work their fingers typing advice on this thread angry
Oga, wetin i do you now?
I mailed yo ua few times. i hope all is well at your end?
Re: Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2011
Facts::

1. The Nigerian educational system is in a terrible state.

2. The O.P is better off studying in the United States or even Ghana than he/she is studying in Nigeria.
Re: Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria by Odunnu: 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2011
OP wants to get to a university at all costs, after no school abroad offered admission.
What would you say when 5 of her 9 posts are all on getting 2011 WAEC questions before exam?
Re: Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria by buzugee(m): 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2011
all these ITK people self. geezzz this is why it is hard to get along with nigerians. they are the most loquacious bunch of folks. you ask question A, they answer with B. the OP obviously has reasons why he or she decided to come to nigeria to study pharmacy. thats his own business. i personally suspect that its because by the time you complete a pharmacy degree in america you will be owing like 200,000 dollars. you know what OP can do in nigeria with that kind of money ? he can get his degree for less than $10,000 hereby saving 190,000 dollars, then return to america debt free as a pharmacist, take a couple of licensure exams and start practicing in america. anyway the point is, the person did not ask for your dumb advices. go straight to the point and tell him what university is good for his course. geeezzzzzzzz.

1 Like

Re: Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 3:22pm On Oct 31, 2011
buzugee:

all these ITK people self. geezzz this is why it is hard to get along with nigerians. they are the most loquacious bunch of folks. you ask question A, they answer with B. the OP obviously has reasons why he or she decided to come to nigeria to study pharmacy. thats his own business. i personally suspect that its because by the time you complete a pharmacy degree in america you will be owing like 200,000 dollars. you know what OP can do in nigeria with that kind of money ? he can get his degree for less than $10,000 hereby saving 190,000 dollars, then return to america debt free as a pharmacist, take a couple of licensure exams and start practicing in america. anyway the point is, the person did not ask for your dumb advices. go straight to the point and tell him what university is good for his course. geeezzzzzzzz.

Most of the so called pharmacists in Nigeria are nothing but glorified chemists. angry

If the U.S is too expensive, then try Ghana or better yet South-Africa, but definitely not Nigeria!!
Re: Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria by kpolli(m): 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2011
as yamakuza said, better go back to america. . .
Re: Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria by buzugee(m): 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2011
Okija_juju:

Most of the so called pharmacists in Nigeria are nothing but glorified chemists. angry

If the U.S is too expensive, then try Ghana or better yet South-Africa, but definitely not Nigeria!!
TRUST ME BRUV, all pharmacists are glorified chemists. all training required to become a pharmacist is unnecessary. they just make you go through hoops to weed out people. pharmacy training can easily be acquired in 2 months. in america there is a profession called pharmacy tech. they do exactly the same thing a pharmacist does. the point here is, the degree is just to get you in the door, the job itself is very easy and can be trained on the job in weeks.

1 Like

Re: Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria by pynkspyce: 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2011
lol @ looking at the program without adding on the years for strikes and whatnots.
Maybe the OP was deported sha!
Re: Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria by ajiantochi(m): 4:30pm On Oct 31, 2011
op no worri, mayb wen u write jamb 4 like 3 yrs den postjamb 4 4years, u go knw d difference btw 9ja nd oyibo uni,
Re: Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 31, 2011
@Op, if u r sound academically, try OAU, UNILAG, UNIBEN nd maybe ABU. Also, UNIJOS, UNIMAID, UNIBADAN, UNN and UNIPORT r some of d federal schools approved by PCN to run d B.Pharm programme. Also, d cert u'll b awarded in Nig is B.Pharm, which has bin scraped in d US about 15 years ago, as against Pharm.D of d US. So for u to practise in d US after yr B.pharm, u'll av to do a conversion prog which is about 2 years or more. This will upgrade yr b.pharm to Pharm.D @pkv, so u r a rxist! I tot u studied vet. med. @Okija juju, if all Nigerian pharmacist r glorified chemist, then u Nigerian med. doctors r glorified juju-men! I know u r just jealous dat pharmacy has more prospects and more lucrative dan medicine (a fact known worldwide, i'm not cooking tins up, ask any pharmacist u know, Nigeria or abroad.
Re: Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2011
@buzugee, same also applies to u.
Re: Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria by pkv(m): 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2011
buzugee:

TRUST ME BRUV, all pharmacists are glorified chemists. all training required to become a pharmacist is unnecessary. they just make you go through hoops to weed out people. pharmacy training can easily be acquired in 2 months. in america there is a profession called pharmacy tech. they do exactly the same thing a pharmacist does. the point here is, the degree is just to get you in the door, the job itself is very easy and can be trained on the job in weeks.
jeez, c hw u dey display ur ignorance.dont even know hw 2 start indulging u witout u feeling dumb
Re: Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria by buzugee(m): 9:42pm On Oct 31, 2011
pkv:

jeez, c hw u dey display your ignorance.dont even know hw 2 start indulging u witout u feeling dumb
indulge me now. you must be a pharmacist cuz your lil feeling got hurt. sensitive vato
Re: Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria by fxpro1: 5:52am On Nov 01, 2011
I will never trade an opportunity to study in the us for ANYTHING,
@op welcome to Nigeria,d choice is yours but if i were you,i will use my head.
Re: Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria by gokuu(m): 6:17am On Nov 01, 2011
For pharmacy in Nigeria, UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS is highly recommended. Their faculty of pharmacy is in collaboration with many top foreign universities, but u have to score Well oooo. It's highly competitive.
Re: Confused About University Schooling In Nigeria by yamakuza: 8:28pm On Nov 01, 2011
You can make Unilag 1st choice and OOU 2nd choice.

I doubt the other 7 accept 2nd choice. OAU and UI dont anyway.

As per the past/future questions, the right Tutorial Center will take care of you adequately.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NDA Full-time And Professional Postgraduate Programs 2015/2016 / Phlebotomy Technicians / A Nigerian Postgraduate Student Slept And This Happened (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.