Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,017 members, 7,835,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State (39415 Views)

Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State / See The Delicious African Salad (Abacha) I Made Today. Rate It. (Pics & Video) / Yoruba Girl Eats Igbo Food (abacha) For The First Time (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by iheasi645: 6:59am On Nov 27, 2023
Mindlog:

It goes well with coconut and we also prepare it like the regular Abacha, going further to add ugba (ukpaka) to it. Another unique way we consume is by mixing it with odudu(Africa yam bean) with regular mix of potash, palm oil, ogiri etc.

Missing it! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Sorry are you from Bende (Nkpa)
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by NkanuSon: 7:09am On Nov 27, 2023
See painment grin grin grin grin grin

Cry us an ocean grin grin
Padipadi:
This is unhealthy!
The name sef na badluck!
The c should change to s as in Abasha and not Abacha!

We saw Amala hangout and it was lit.
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by PusssyLord: 7:20am On Nov 27, 2023
Babangidapikin:
Fufu and Tuwo Shikanfi hangout ko ... anyway when you have okpa or isi ewu hangout invite me o

You are late, we already had ọkpa hangout in Awka last week

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Padipadi(m): 7:22am On Nov 27, 2023
NkanuSon:
See painment grin grin grin grin grin

Cry us an ocean grin grin
Why ll there be pain on good looking like shredded pieces of papers!
You well so?
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Mindlog: 8:09am On Nov 27, 2023
iheasi645:
Sorry are you from Bende (Nkpa)

No, from Ihitte-Uboma.
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by MOVIC6: 8:10am On Nov 27, 2023
Mindlog:

Because you are from every part of Imo!

Go and learn about variation very well.
There's nothing like variation brother, too much Grammar can kill, I don't know how many years you spent in Imo, buh I've been with so many dialects in Imo State, non calls it jiakpu mmiri, like I said before, Ikeduru, mbano, mbaise sometimes call cassava "Jiapu" base on nickname wether it is processed or not, buh generally known as eberebe Jiapu or Akpummiri for processed and shredded cassava and akpu olulo for processed and waiting to be enjoyed with well cooked soup.
Unlearn and relearn
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by MOVIC6: 8:13am On Nov 27, 2023
Ozommadu:

So you want to tell me my own tongue? Bia sef, who are you and where are you from?

You only stay in Anambra and you're already telling me what people in my place call abacha mmiri? Are you okay?
Lol, lemme go and reconfirm before I come back unless I didn't spend my 9years in Anambra well, but I only know of Abacha agworo agwo not Abacha mmiri, by the way what made it Abacha "mmiri", teach me
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by ariesbull: 8:17am On Nov 27, 2023
Igbo land soft ..see as everywhere fine no brownies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Mindlog: 8:19am On Nov 27, 2023
MOVIC6:

There's nothing like variation brother, too much Grammar can kill, I don't know how many years you spent in Imo, buh I've been with so many dialects in Imo State, non calls it jiakpu mmiri, like I said before, Ikeduru, mbano, mbaise sometimes call cassava "Jiapu" base on nickname wether it is processed or not, buh generally known as eberebe Jiapu or Akpummiri for processed and shredded cassava and akpu olulo for processed and waiting to be enjoyed with well cooked soup.
Unlearn and relearn

You can't tell me what my people call it and maybe my parents and relatives also don't know what it is called!

You need to unlearn that fixation that no community call it ji akpu mmiri.

Ji akpu mmiri is what it is! cool

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Chiefpriestt: 8:34am On Nov 27, 2023
Jessyjeff:
Give me a plate of Abacha and 2 glasses ( who send you) of Obollo-afor or Enugu - Ezike palmwine anyday.

Ezigbo Nwafor ka ibu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Zeebuy: 9:35am On Nov 27, 2023
Kingjbase:
The first time I did try this abacha, I was so excited about it; due to what I have heard about it in the past. To my amazement, that thing couldn't pass my throat. I wouldn't lie ,it was the worst thing I have ever tasted in my life. After one spoon and that was it.

It happens. First time I ate catfish peppersoup I hated the stuff. It took me years before I was able to try it again and I loved it. Turns out the person who prepared it the first time I had it didn't prepare it well. Or maybe you just didn't like it. I've tried amala with gbegiri and I purged for two days, but I'll give anything for a plate of amala with okro soup
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Palazee(m): 9:47am On Nov 27, 2023
Abacha no be my spec

Nye m okpa enugu anyday, anytime cheesy
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Cantonese: 9:48am On Nov 27, 2023
Jessyjeff:
Give me a plate of Abacha and 2 glasses ( who send you) of Obollo-afor or Enugu - Ezike palmwine anyday.

Buy from Oghe and see how far.

But try palm wine from Oko Amakom or Oko Anala in Delta state. Na there we dey buy when we get occasion for SE. Cross enter from east, buy from palm wine tapper untop bicycle and you will never regret. Try the one gallon on the front of the bicycle.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Cruzmaster: 9:52am On Nov 27, 2023
iamtardey:
Abacha keh? Ko si iyan ati efo riro? cheesy

Naso Tinubu and Amotekun want to take over our land the other time by having Amala and Ewedu hangout in Enugu. With the intention of getting rid of our local food grin grin grin thank God for immediately intervention of UGM and ESN cheesy cheesy cheesy by now there will be nothing like abacha, ofe oha etc grin because they would have succeeded in imposing Yoruba food to us in our land grin grin grin This I have seen cheesy
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Cantonese: 10:00am On Nov 27, 2023
MOVIC6:

Unlearn and relearn

“Ji akpu” because it grows like yam. When harvested looks like yam and called “Ji akpu”. The other name “akpu mmiri” is the other white colored “abacha” in water, sold with coconut.

“Abacha” agworo agwo, for me is more prominent with Enugu people. That’s where you get the best abacha. Also you get the best okpa in Enugu state. If you wake up in the morning and need okpa sharp sharp, please get to 9th mile and enjoy yasef.

Christmas is a great time to be in Delta, Anambra and Enugu states please.
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Ozommadu: 10:33am On Nov 27, 2023
MOVIC6:

Lol, lemme go and reconfirm before I come back unless I didn't spend my 9years in Anambra well, but I only know of Abacha agworo agwo not Abacha mmiri, by the way what made it Abacha "mmiri", teach me

Before abacha agworo agwo is abacha nkpo and abacha mmiri.

Abacha mmiri na the bold one that is eaten freshly without having to dry it. It goes well with coconut or palm nut.

Abacha nkpo na the one ana agwo agwo but it's dried and preserve till you're ready to prepare it.

I don't doubt you've lived in Anambra oo, each region in Anambra have their peculiar name for somethings.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Ozommadu: 10:36am On Nov 27, 2023
Skyview01:

Exactly. Abacha Mmiri from my side as well. I love that food die.

MOVIC6 come and see it here...skyview which part of Anambra state are you? Anambra Central abi?
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Ozommadu: 10:40am On Nov 27, 2023
Xkale1996:
please can you teach me how to cook it

There re two different method but I'll share the method I love to eat.

1. Soak the dry abacha for water.
2. Fry onions(plenty) with red oil, add crayfish(don't pound), add enough pepper, salt and seasoning cube.
3. Sieve and dry the soaked abacha with your hand till the water is almost gone, put it in the sauce and stir.
4. Food is ready cheesy

The second method is very rich but e long

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by iheasi645: 11:12am On Nov 27, 2023
Mindlog:

No, from Ihitte-Uboma.
okay
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by okorogodwin4(m): 11:17am On Nov 27, 2023
Maka kidnappers no catch you for Abacha palm wine joint you go shit money tire
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by sweetgala(m): 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
GODPUNISHALABI:
Lol while amala hangout come dey like cemetery ,the same way them take prepare the amala ( toilet broom and others) na so the hangout take be.....meanwhile enugu people and freshness dey like 5 and 6

This looks like a well funded event that has been ongoing for a while with corporate sponsors, I can see origin bitters there, while the Amala festival was a private event , organised at short notice and not intended to be same, it may well grow like such in the future
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by tafat: 6:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
No be lie, no doubt this would have been great fun. I really love abacha but it's nothing compared to the love I have for my new oraimo spacepods, oh mehn! The sound output is the real banger.

Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Yinksy09(m): 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2023
I eat Abacha here in Lagos. I love the food.

Check out this from oraimo. Pedaling through life's adventures with the oraimo Scrambler 100 – where every ride is a journey and every journey is an escape.

Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Xkale1996(m): 3:38am On Nov 28, 2023
Ozommadu:

2. Fry onions(plenty) with red oil, add crayfish(don't pound), add enough pepper, salt and seasoning cube.
3. Sieve and dry the soaked abacha with your hand till the water is almost gone, put it in the sauce and stir.
4. Food is ready cheesy

thanks so much
Can I have you contact please
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Xkale1996(m): 7:38am On Dec 02, 2023
Ozommadu:

4. Food is ready cheesy

thank you so much

Please how can I reach you
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Tranquility2345: 11:49am On Jan 25
Ozommadu:
Pictures as people troop out to merry at this year's edition of Abacha hangout/festival in Enugu state today.

Abacha na local dish made from cassava, consumed in southern part of Nigeria especially Enugu and parts of Anambra state.

Courtesy @Ou travels and tour
Twitter=@oyibo_ugbo

How much you spend to chop Abacha and drink beer for there? How much you dey pay olosho to nack for brothel? And you go open thread to complain about 400 naira for haircut. You should be ashamed of yourself. Yamayama fall on your bald head there. Lazy man! angry
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Ozommadu: 1:53pm On Jan 25
Tranquility2345:

How much you spend to chop Abacha and drink beer for there? How much you dey pay olosho to nack for brothel? And you go open thread to complain about 400 naira for haircut. You shoukd be ashamed of yourself. Yamayama fall on your bald head there. Lazy man! angry

Are you hungry??
Re: Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State by Tranquility2345: 3:07pm On Jan 25
Ozommadu:

Are you hungry??

Poor man wey no get 400 naira to cut him children hair dey ask me if I’m hungry? Yamayama and poverty go continue to dey follow that your poverty stricken bald head there. Mugu!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Fry Your Eggs? (pic) / Two Deer Caught In A Farm By Onitsha Businessman, Ifeanyi Obunadike / Dog Market In Ghana (pics, Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.