Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger (43220 Views)

The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna / How I Made Over A Million Naira Growing Pawpaw / Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by Toscabeh83: 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2023
This is the type on news that one is expected in this forum. Not topic that encourages tribal war

2 Likes

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by JetStar: 1:40pm On Dec 11, 2023
Do you know where i can get seedlings for gunger, onions, carrots, green onions, cabbage, tomato, and green pepper?

1 Like

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by Oghenechris(m): 1:44pm On Dec 11, 2023
Good day sir my name is Christian please I would need a favor from you I want to go into farming in 2024 am trying to raise small capital but I need a guided am from delta but I stay in Benin I don’t know if you can assist me sir/ma
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by Walz001: 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2023
LocalFARMERS:
Ginger Farm..

Interesting topic and educative for all

Thanks

1 Like

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by nesgeeek(m): 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2023
Ginger farming is a lucrative farm business. But it is very stressful, I planted one plot of ginger in southern Kaduna(Kaura Lga) But the farm got damage due to infection. I had no choice than to sell it to one neighbor of mine just to cash out my capital. I had to leave immediately after my youth service.

2 Likes

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2023
Walz001:

Interesting topic and educative for all

Thanks

You are welcome Bro
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by ajayiebenezer19: 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2023
What of bitter ginger is it also lucrative?
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2023
glosaback:
Educative post I must confess.
Please, where can I get the seeds for experimental farming?

What part of the Country do you base?
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 2:25pm On Dec 11, 2023
Pharaoh4rin:
This is how ginger looks like? It's beautiful. Best of luck

Yes.
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by Lonestar124: 2:26pm On Dec 11, 2023
Kennyprince:
Where can one sell ginger ilon a large scale in Nigeria
Do you have ginger to sell?

1 Like

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by Lonestar124: 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2023
salem1996:
Ginger in Kaduna spoiled this year cry cry
Maybe no good or enough marketers for it..
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by soccerlite: 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2023
LocalFARMERS:

I dont know about South West. Ginger is selective. In the North for instance, it is not every State that you will find Ginger farm.

The reason is because, some Soil type does not suit Ginger Farming. But you can try this on your Farm. Plant some few Ginger on small portion of your farm during the next farming season.

This is strictly for experiment sake. Monitor the Ginger till the end of the next farming season. If your Ginger produce well, that means your farm and Soil type is suitable for Ginger Farming.

Thank you for this

There are soil compactibility factors for all crops

The way tomato grows in the north is not easy in sw, the way banana grow in sw is not easy in North

But sw people will not learn

They will just be mouthing farming on radio

Luckily the north soil accommodates more variety
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by seborrhic: 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2023
Tonytonex:
I like ginger. But I beg to differ on the millionaires part. Most ain't.
Don't mind them.
They like painting pictures of one imaginary millions from farming.
When someone reads ₦1m from a plot of ginger farm,the person will rush thinking it's that straightforward.
They don't factor in that crops can go bad,you have to buy seedlings,hire people to weed the land on a regular basis & to harvest,transport the goods to the market because buyers won't come to your farm to do the transporting themselves.
In short,most sweet farm tales never take the cost of production and other expenses into their millions calculation.
Don't be surprised these same millions hyped about,by the time costs are factored in,you may be getting just 100k or even 50k profit,then the tears would start.
I maybe wrong,but with way things are,I don't see how small scale farming will fetch anyone millions.
That is why it's better you be a middle man that do the actual farming atimes.A middleman cannot incur any cost,just straight profit after removing the seller's price from the buyer's and adding his/her own profit

6 Likes

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2023
tizzle:
Nice!!! Can it be grown anywhere in Nigeria especially in the south south?

It cant be grown in all part of this Country. Ginger is selective.
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 2:41pm On Dec 11, 2023
muhammadhan19:
Interesting post... I'm motivated
We normally plant grains here, think I need to try this out soon or later....

Kudos op

Give it a try. Your place might be good for Ginger farming. Do an experiment with a small portion of your farm land.

1 Like

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 2:47pm On Dec 11, 2023
Dennisochampa:
Sadly... Alot of Nigerian youths don't see farming as a way out of poverty.....
They want quick money.... An easy route to wealth.....
May God heal this country...
We need to change our mindset...
There is money in farming.....
Alot of money!!

Farming is lucrative
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by Tonytonex(m): 2:49pm On Dec 11, 2023
seborrhic:

Don't mind them.
They like painting pictures of one imaginary millions from farming.
When someone reads ₦1m from a plot of ginger farm,the person will rush thinking it's that straightforward.
They don't factor in that crops can go bad,you have to buy seedlings,hire people to weed the land on a regular basis & to harvest,transport the goods to the market because buyers won't come to your farm to do the transporting themselves.
In short,most sweet farm tales never take the cost of production and other expenses into their millions calculation.
Don't be surprised these same millions hyped about,by the time costs are factored in,you may be getting just 100k or even 50k profit,then the tears would start.
I maybe wrong,but with way things are,I don't see how small scale farming will fetch anyone millions.
That is why it's better you be a middle man that do the actual farming atimes.A middleman cannot incur any cost,just straight profit after removing the seller's price from the buyer's and adding his/her own profit
I concur. especially on the last paragraph.

Edited... But also you know without the farmers, there won't be middle men.

1 Like

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by OluAKGBGN(m): 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2023
Padipadi:

How do you confront snakes in ya farm?
Don't dey say hello once a while?
Especially some of your ex-girlfriends that has hoped you ll marry dem and they v served their spirit snake husbands breakfast to be with you but you sef come giddem breakfast after listening to Last Last by Burnaboy?
Can you kill a snake if one appeared in ya farm?

Lalasticlala go like this aiswear grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by Love800(m): 2:59pm On Dec 11, 2023
How do u see planting of potatoes?
Is it luctative?

1 Like

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by mikmash(m): 3:46pm On Dec 11, 2023
Heard a bag now is 70k in kwoi. This year ginger was largely affected by a type of disease.

1 Like

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by Ucheosefoh(m): 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2023
LocalFARMERS:
Ginger is a major cash crop. It is produced majorly in Southern Kaduna. A small Ginger farm can turn the owner into a Millionaire. Ginger is in high demand within Nigeria and Abroad.

Most Ginger farmers own houses, Trucks, Cars and other investments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIRtEZj-AvU
How much will it cost to have this in a two plots of land in the east.
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 6:41pm On Dec 11, 2023
Ucheosefoh:
How much will it cost to have this in a two plots of land in the east.

Sorry Bro. I dont have this information
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 6:46pm On Dec 11, 2023
soccerlite:

Thank you for this

There are soil compactibility factors for all crops

The way tomato grows in the north is not easy in sw, the way banana grow in sw is not easy in North

But sw people will not learn

They will just be mouthing farming on radio

Luckily the north soil accommodates more variety

The South have more fertile land but the North have more productive land. Most of our crops dont need too much rain.

For instance, i am presently in Benin. It rained yesterday and early this morning. If this same rain fall in thr North, it will spoil Guinea corn, Millets, pepper and Christmas Tomotoes PRODUCTION.

Most crops dont need too much rain. But it rain in Benin and some parts of South every week.

1 Like

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 6:56pm On Dec 11, 2023
Tonytonex:
I like ginger. But I beg to differ on the millionaires part. Most ain't.

Ok. Educate ne.

I Know Teenagers who are underaged, but own Bungalow buildings with sweet POP Ceiling design. They build their houses with Ginger money.

Do you know the reason Why i mention POP Ceiling? The reason is because, it takes alot to see guts for a local farmer to use POP Ceilings in his house.

1 Like

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by Tonytonex(m): 7:48pm On Dec 11, 2023
LocalFARMERS:

Ok. Educate ne.

I Know Teenagers who are underaged, but own Bungalow buildings with sweet POP Ceiling design. They build their houses with Ginger money.

Do you know the reason Why i mention POP Ceiling? The reason is because, it takes alot to see guts for a local farmer to use POP Ceilings in his house.
wow! I'm not disagreeing with you entirely. I'm only saying that most of them are not millionaires as you said.
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by georgetemi(m): 7:49pm On Dec 11, 2023
safarifarms:

I already have plans to plant it next year. I missed doing so this year.
1. When is the best time to buy it for planting purpose?
2. When is the best time to plant?
3. What is the appropriate plant spacing for ginger?
4. How many times do you need to weed?
5. How much does it sell for and what is the measuring unit?

This is one of the most sensible things I've ever read in Nairaland forum. Please keep it up
What type of fertiliser is most suitable for Ginger farm?
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by georgetemi(m): 7:57pm On Dec 11, 2023
nesgeeek:
Ginger farming is a lucrative farm business. But it is very stressful, I planted one plot of ginger in southern Kaduna(Kaura Lga) But the farm got damage due to infection. I had no choice than to sell it to one neighbor of mine just to cash out my capital. I had to leave immediately after my youth service.

Are there insecticides or antivirals/antifungal pesticides that can be used to control infections in Ginger farms?

1 Like

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by nesgeeek(m): 8:47pm On Dec 11, 2023
georgetemi:

Are there insecticides or antivirals/antifungal pesticides that can be used to control infections in Ginger farms?
Yes. I applied antifungal but it wasn't enough to prevent the disease from attacking it.
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by salem1996: 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2023
RepoMan007:
yet there is scarcity of ginger produce in market.

Guess the spoiling is a reason for the scarcity

1 Like

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by salem1996: 9:27pm On Dec 11, 2023
Lonestar124:
Maybe no good or enough marketers for it..

Like, we planted but either it dried up or get rotten while growing.

So so painful truly
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by S2kluv: 10:37pm On Dec 11, 2023
Alberttahir:
Can ginger be cultivated In southwest part of Nigeria?

Yes, I planted one hectares of ginger at Oyo and it's yeild very well

1 Like

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 7:33am On Dec 12, 2023
Tonytonex:
wow! I'm not disagreeing with you entirely. I'm only saying that most of them are not millionaires as you said.

Most farmers are never rated. Even the farmers themselves dont rate themselves. We all do our farming and pray for bumper harvest.

Even the richest farmers dont see themselves as Millionaires.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Pap Making Business Story. / Turkey Farming In Nigeria: How To Start, Benefits And Steps To Take / Plantain Suckers With Rapid Growth, Early Fruiting, And High Yield Potential

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.