Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,692 members, 7,813,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS (17079 Views)

Pay Rise: FG Excludes State Universities, ASUU Kicks / NASU Strike Hits Universities Hard, Students Battle Filth, Water, Power Problems / Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by PEACE2023: 10:17am On Nov 27, 2023
No Uniport lecturer why?
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by equity1(m): 10:18am On Nov 27, 2023
SharingIsLife:

We know you're paid to defend the rot online, but try to be reasonable doing so. So, in your evaluation, OAU Ife, University of Benin, University of Uyo, UNIZIK, etc are "small universities"?!? You are too lazy to read and you jump in talking trash.

Nlfpmod
Reading a post is not part of his portfolio. His duty is to defend his paid masters. Do you know how many post he needs to attend to in this forum per day based on his target. If he keep reading every post he may not meet his target and N5000 may deducted from his N30000 salary and you know what that means in this present economy. That is why you see most of them commenting out of point.

5 Likes

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Angelfrost(m): 10:19am On Nov 27, 2023
Padipadi:
Soon, FG ll ban japa. Cos all good things don komot Nigerians na scrap remain!
But do I blame Japanians? No!
Cos everyone want better life. Na scrap life people dey live for Nigeria.

Soon?!! Lol!

Over 95% of those in the last administration, from President down to Senators are currently based abroad with their entire lineages.

Most of your current officeholders are mere visitors here... They have their homes, families and futures secured abroad.

That's why the future of this nation is not their problem. It doesn't really bother them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by nonhuman(m): 10:20am On Nov 27, 2023
Padipadi:

Idiót from Fiditi village, did I tell you I voted or voted for any candidate?
what is the difference between you and those who voted for fools
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by BabaAgba79(m): 10:20am On Nov 27, 2023
[quote author=SportFm post=127186137]

https://punchng.com/lecturers-shortage-hits-varsities-ASUU-blames-japa-ippis/?amp[/

Why will they not run? But honestly, they will still come back! There is more difficult than here! Honestly!
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Rubbiish(m): 10:21am On Nov 27, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Hymmm!
Don't you think,they need both Practical Experience and Professional Qualifications before they can deliver-to the Students, otherwise, we are doomed! For University teachings needs Modern techniques for purposeful delivery and mentoring!
The lecturers that taught u, what special skills do they have? Apart Medicine, what practical are u talking about in our universities? Lecturing in our universities is just glorified teaching, there is nothing special about it. 90% of the graduates out there can do it.

3 Likes

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Inosky(m): 10:23am On Nov 27, 2023
Once I get my PhD, I'll leave Japa from this shithole of a country. The Agbadorians should enjoy Nigeria all alone.

3 Likes

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Padipadi(m): 10:26am On Nov 27, 2023
nonhuman:
what is the difference between you and those who voted for fools
Taink you. Na person wey ask JAMB question dey receive slap! Do turn your cheeks, lemme slap you.
I didn't vote in 2023 cos I was outta the country. I dey for Burkina Faso at that time.

1 Share

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Padipadi(m): 10:26am On Nov 27, 2023
Angelfrost:

Soon?!! Lol!

Over 95% of those in the last administration, from President down to Senators are currently based abroad with their entire lineages.

Most of your current officeholders are mere visitors here... They have their homes, families and futures secured abroad.

That's why the future of this nation is not their problem. It doesn't really bother them.

Na why I said dem fit ban japa. By doing one oriburuku law that ll make travelling out hard. FG no care!

1 Like

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by salem1996: 10:28am On Nov 27, 2023
Padipadi:

Idiót from Fiditi village, did I tell you I voted or voted for any candidate?

I wonder why e attack you like that sef ooo grin grin abi na transfer of aggression because I no see reason e go just use that language way no relate with your initial comment grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by gabicon: 10:29am On Nov 27, 2023
SportFm:

https://punchng.com/lecturers-shortage-hits-varsities-ASUU-blames-japa-ippis/?amp

ASUU needs to evolve, better pay and better learning environment is not cheap, someone has to pay for it, and that someone is not the government. The schools lecturers are Japaing to are not fully government funded they are tution, Alumni and research funded. ASUU should start the process for full university autonomy and start charging what their skills are worth, the student loan bill already helps their matter. Universities like Ibadan, Lagos, OAU, UNN, ABU should be ivy league schools and expensive. Our education structure is too weak, alumni funding student lecture relations are poor, lecturer discipline is poor, systemic injustice is prevalent. Our schools should great distant learning programs online programs that foreigners can patronise.

3 Likes

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Padipadi(m): 10:33am On Nov 27, 2023
salem1996:

I wonder why e attack you like that sef ooo grin grin abi na transfer of aggression because I no see reason e go just use that language way no relate with your initial comment grin grin
He's hungry and looking for garri. Seems one egg seller jam him for road and garri + crates of eggs crashed for ground!
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Padipadi(m): 10:34am On Nov 27, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Drug has finished the narcotics trafficker
Seems na latrine you dey sniff. Daddy Bulaba is healthier than you.

1 Like

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by nairalanda1(m): 10:40am On Nov 27, 2023
Brendaniel:

So what is the solution?

Obvious solution....get more people interested in lecturing...and then eventually it boils down to FUNDING.

Which means solutions such as increased fees. (which is not popular) or rasing our tax to gdp ratio from 10 to 40-50% (again not popular).
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Rick9(m): 10:41am On Nov 27, 2023
I have never seen a country as unserious as this country. A sector as important as education is being treated with so much disdain. Without Education how can the Country progress.
Peter Obi should have won that election honestly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Cutehector(m): 10:43am On Nov 27, 2023
Increase salaries of lecturers, then employ new hands.

Simple.

An assistant lecturer should be earning nothing less than 350k.

1 Like

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Brendaniel: 10:45am On Nov 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

Obvious solution....get more people interested in lecturing...and then eventually it boils down to FUNDING.

Which means solutions such as increased fees. (which is not popular) or rasing our tax to gdp ratio from 10 to 40-50% (again not popular).

You didn't still offer a workable solution because you still ended up faulting your points raised.....

1 Like

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Farki: 10:47am On Nov 27, 2023
SharingIsLife:

We know you're paid to defend the rot online, but try to be reasonable doing so. So, in your evaluation, OAU Ife, University of Benin, University of Uyo, UNIZIK, etc are "small universities"?!? You are too lazy to read and you jump in talking trash.

Nlfpmod

What do you expect from someone who didn't even finish secondary school? grin

2 Likes

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by nairalanda1(m): 10:49am On Nov 27, 2023
Brendaniel:

You didn't still offer a workable solution because you still ended up faulting your points raised.....

I have.

Raise the funding, which means]

1. Higher fees

2.Government raises funding of universites

That would enable the unis have cash to attract those who are interested in lecturing there.

Another thing to be done is to make sure Nigeria gets a diversified economy, which means more companies and industries, which can provide funding and practical experience for some students.

It's the best we got for now.
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Pootle: 10:49am On Nov 27, 2023
this japa thing is a trend enhanced by the bad govt, even the well to do want to japa but i know it will pass soon jus as other trend have com and gone in this hopeless country

2 Likes

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by jesmond3945: 10:52am On Nov 27, 2023
OmoFiditi:
Most of them are going through TETFUND and they are not coming back.

My PhD supervisor left 2 year ago to Canada.

Me self go soon japa via Postdoc.

Make Agbado buffoons wreck the country totally. Shege ya!
i think tetfund is planning to bring them back in consonance with the home offices.
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by jesmond3945: 10:56am On Nov 27, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
If the lecturers are japaing as claimed in the report, then why aren’t the affected universities recruiting new lecturers to fill in the space. We have many PHD holders who are jobless looking for jobs.
is not about recruiting. It takes time and money to build up any academic.

1 Like

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by TruthsFM: 10:59am On Nov 27, 2023
How will lecturers not leave shores of Nigeria 🇳🇬 when the Tinubu government in power isn’t ready to increase the salaries of lecturers and poor education infrastructures in our universities. The economy under Tinubu government is blinking and no hope in sight in his government. Very bad so far

1 Like

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Karleb(m): 11:02am On Nov 27, 2023
Then employ you fuccccking cunts!
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Brendaniel: 11:03am On Nov 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

I have.

Raise the funding, which means]

1. Higher fees

2.Government raises funding of universites

That would enable the unis have cash to attract those who are interested in lecturing there.

Another thing to be done is to make sure Nigeria gets a diversified economy, which means more companies and industries, which can provide funding and practical experience for some students.

It's the best we got for now.

Do you know why I asked you for a solution because I know this is what you will say, Your solutions would have worked in a country like Canada or its likes, even if you do the number 1 and 2 you might only end up creating more problems because school drop outs will increase and looting might only increase with more government funding...

Your talk about diversification will only work effectively when the root issues of your number 1 and 2 have been taken care of, A government that is unable to handle the issues in 1 and 2 might not be able to diversify any economy.....

2 Likes

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by TheGiftedOne(m): 11:04am On Nov 27, 2023
SharingIsLife:

Nlfpmod

You just replied the most stupi6 person on this forum. That guy thinks from his anus. Should this government wipes out his immediate family, he'll still defend them. I dare anyone to surpass his idi0cy. Spits!
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Karleb(m): 11:04am On Nov 27, 2023
jesmond3945:
is not about recruiting. It takes time and money to build up any academic.

What is the way forward then?
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by nairalanda1(m): 11:05am On Nov 27, 2023
Brendaniel:

Do you know why I asked you for a solution because I know this is what you will say, Your solutions would have worked in a country like Canada or its likes, even if you do the number 1 and 2 you might only end up creating more problems because school drop outs will increase and looting might only increase with more government funding...

Your talk about diversification will only work effectively when the root issues of your number 1 and 2 have been taken care of, A government that is unable to handle the issues in 1 and 2 might not be able to diversify any economy.....

Okay, don't complain about how bad the universities are then.(Hate to be harsh, but it is what it is).

At the end, the mess we have is what we can afford. Corruption makes the mess worse.God knows the APCPDP isn't really interested in solutions.
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by forgiveness: 11:07am On Nov 27, 2023
SharingIsLife:

Nlfpmod

You lack comprehension skill. He said those smaller universities will suffer because lectures from there will upgrade to the aforementioned universities.
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Fearyourcreator: 11:10am On Nov 27, 2023
SharingIsLife:

Nlfpmod
As them comot others wey no get Job go occupy ... make some leave this country unemployment go reduce abeg
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Fearyourcreator: 11:11am On Nov 27, 2023
ekineme:
There's enough available man power to fill in those vacancies.

But do they have the necessary experience or Just jobless youth seeking for means of survival with Useless paper which some of them cannot readily defend, is another topic for discussion.
Most of those youth no get anything upstairs...
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Fearyourcreator: 11:11am On Nov 27, 2023
Padipadi:
Soon, FG ll ban japa. Cos all good things don komot Nigerians na scrap remain!
But do I blame Japanians? No!
Cos everyone want better life. Na scrap life people dey live for Nigeria.
You dey the scrap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Valuable Is A Medical Lab Tech Certificate In Nigeria? / Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University / TOP 20 Best Polytechnic In Nigeria 2014 Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.