Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS (17092 Views)

Pay Rise: FG Excludes State Universities, ASUU Kicks / NASU Strike Hits Universities Hard, Students Battle Filth, Water, Power Problems / Ethiopia Harvested About 200 Professors From Nigerian Universities – ASUU Pres (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Fearyourcreator: 11:12am On Nov 27, 2023
OmoFiditi:

Fiditi is not a village, it is a town Mr Agbado. You voted for the present agbado nincompoop.
I voted and so ... Nigeria no need you sef ... abeg Japa make better people see road .. make una Sha no come back
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Fearyourcreator: 11:13am On Nov 27, 2023
ambale:

That freestuff guy is a big lunatic ooo, he just spew nonsense out of his mouth on a daily basis
A true patriot... na Una be lunatic and slaves
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Fearyourcreator: 11:13am On Nov 27, 2023
verybadmouth:
Government are scared to increase their pay because they know they'll Japa when they earn well. Our government are too useless and don't care about the talent drain. This country is useless I swear.
You mouth really bad ... werey
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Brendaniel: 11:24am On Nov 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

Okay, don't complain about how bad the universities are then.(Hate to be harsh, but it is what it is).

At the end, the mess we have is what we can afford. Corruption makes the mess worse.God knows the APCPDP isn't really interested in solutions.

You see your problem, always putting the cart before the horse, Corruption is one of the first things you tackle before you bring in all these your solutions, no matter the amount you pump with corruption involved it might just be a waste, I told you earlier on that Tinubu's govt has failed even before it started and all the subsidy removal strategy will fail and even if you like give him all the budget of America, Russia and China combined as Nigeria's budget he might only achieve very little because corruption will still destroy it

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Jaycee07(m): 11:25am On Nov 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It's those small universities that will be affected badly because some of their great lecturers will use the opportunity to move to prestigious universities with openings.

Incidentally, this is not new thing. The only difference between then and now is that we now have a lot of tertiary institutions. Check my signature for free stuffs!

@ FreeStuffsNG did you read the article? Or you simply want to do your usual online rant?

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by PedoBear: 11:26am On Nov 27, 2023
I got called by my alma mater to be lecturer for just 120k

Omo. I just rejected it , no be me go suffer like this when I can be working for fangman with my skills

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:29am On Nov 27, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

As them comot others wey no get Job go occupy ... make some leave this country unemployment go reduce abeg
Lecture on empty stomach with heavy workload? ! 😂🤣

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by FreeStuffsNG: 11:30am On Nov 27, 2023
Jaycee07:

@ FreeStuffsNG did you read the article? Or you simply want to do your usual online rant?
Smh. Uncouth and insolent as usual.

Check the number of openings in UNILAG and compare to those other schools and you'll get it.

Most of the brilliant lecturers will jump at the opportunity to join the faculty in UNILAG. If you attend such top schools, you should be familiar with such trend that they pull more talents for obvious reasons.
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by gladdensir(m): 11:34am On Nov 27, 2023
SharingIsLife:

We know you're paid to defend the rot online, but try to be reasonable doing so. So, in your evaluation, OAU Ife, University of Benin, University of Uyo, UNIZIK, etc are "small universities"?!? You are too lazy to read and you jump in talking trash.

Freestuff na free fool. You just dey know am?
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by jesmond3945: 11:48am On Nov 27, 2023
Karleb:

What is the way forward then?
the politicians know what to do. If they dont know let them resign. We voted them to fix things.
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by nairalanda1(m): 11:50am On Nov 27, 2023
Brendaniel:

You see your problem, always putting the cart before the horse, Corruption is one of the first things you tackle before you bring in all these your solutions, no matter the amount you pump with corruption involved it might just be a waste, I told you earlier on that Tinubu's govt has failed even before it started and all the subsidy removal strategy will fail and even if you like give him all the budget of America, Russia and China combined as Nigeria's budget he might only achieve very little because corruption will still destroy it

At the end, you cannot buy a car at the cost of a bicycle.
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Jaycee07(m): 11:51am On Nov 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. Uncouth and insolent as usual.

Check the number of openings in UNILAG and compare to those other schools and you'll get it.

Most of the brilliant lecturers will jump at the opportunity to join the faculty in UNILAG. If you attend such top schools, you should be familiar with such trend that they pull more talents for obvious reasons.

University of Lagos is just one of the many universities in Nigeria. Go back and read the article. This time, read slowly and in between lines.
You can’t defend everything. Keep it real. Nigeria is bleeding. Every known sector of Nigerian lives is almost in comatose.It’s okay to give commendations when it is justified. Don’t be quick to commend what is condemnable.

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by SirLakes: 11:59am On Nov 27, 2023
Padipadi:

Idiót from Fiditi village, did I tell you I voted or voted for any candidate?
You get bad mouth grin grin
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by caye(m): 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2023
Pootle:
this japa thing is a trend enhanced by the bad govt, even the well to do want to japa but i know it will pass soon jus as other trend have com and gone in this hopeless country

I do hope you know that migration away from Nigeria has been happening since the 90s?

Now, it has gained more fire, due to successive Vagabonds in Power (V.I.P by Fela).

Japa is a symptom of a gradually crumbling nation! It is not just a trend that will vanish.

However, what comes after Japa?
It's usually WAR!

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by MrBONE2(m): 12:04pm On Nov 27, 2023
89green:
grin Tinubu till 2050

Noooooo Bwana cheesy

BaTu till 2131 grin

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Brendaniel: 12:09pm On Nov 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

At the end, you cannot buy a car at the cost of a bicycle.

And the cost should not be out of reach to your citizens
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by LUAN(m): 12:13pm On Nov 27, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Nobody want to lecture anyone

Na suffer head be that.

See ehn I personally got offers on a platter to lecture in federal universities, I rejected them all.
please can you connect me?

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Padipadi(m): 12:21pm On Nov 27, 2023
SirLakes:

You get bad mouth grin grin
The boy deserved that I nuke him with 2 by 2.

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by ufotunang: 12:21pm On Nov 27, 2023
See what APC and Tinubu has caused 🙄
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Fearyourcreator: 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Lecture on empty stomach with heavy workload? ! 😂🤣
Those that Japad pick money for ground na or slap oyinbo face for embassy... you will be surprised this people have achieved a lot but fear of missing out dey kee many of them
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by ufotunang: 12:23pm On Nov 27, 2023
Everybody wants to Japa...one day this country will be empty ... All nigerians would had Japa leaving only politcians in the country 🙄
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by ufotunang: 12:23pm On Nov 27, 2023
See what renewed shege has caused 🙄
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by tizzle(m): 12:43pm On Nov 27, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Hymmm!
Don't you think,they need both Practical Experience and Professional Qualifications before they can deliver-to the Students, otherwise, we are doomed! For University teachings needs Modern techniques for purposeful delivery and mentoring!

Start from graduate assistants... How do you get experience if you don't gain employment... All the professors and senior lecturers were not born with experience, they all started as graduate assistants
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by umartheo: 12:53pm On Nov 27, 2023
I Have interest in teaching In the university if any one has any link should please let me know am ready please I need. A job
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by TrumpDonald2: 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2023
SharingIsLife:

We know you're paid to defend the rot online, but try to be reasonable doing so. So, in your evaluation, OAU Ife, University of Benin, University of Uyo, UNIZIK, etc are "small universities"?!? You are too lazy to read and you jump in talking trash.

My brother, that FreeStuffsNG of a person is one funny individual. He/she feels enlightened but on most comments displays how high his/her level of stupidity, Ignorance, hypocrisy and tribalism is.
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by tjdaddy(m): 1:00pm On Nov 27, 2023
The lecturers can go ....there's a huge population of qualified but jobless youths who are willing and able to handle the responsibilities....

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Blackdisciple(m): 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2023
Funny country sha
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Elsueno: 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2023
Let's be honest, the salary of lectures is extremely poor considering the workload they have to carry...Even at that, they would have to fund research majority of time from thier own pocket...

Did u know, even a fresh administrative staff of a teaching hospital earns way more than a fresh academic staff of a university?

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Elsueno: 1:36pm On Nov 27, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Nobody want to lecture anyone

Na suffer head be that.

See ehn I personally got offers on a platter to lecture in federal universities, I rejected them all.

Lots of people way dey eye lecturing usually end up having finding out d job is very stressful with very meager pay, even promotions requires publications grin

Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by MeaslesMumpsRub: 1:37pm On Nov 27, 2023
OmoFiditi:
Most of them are going through TETFUND and they are not coming back.

My PhD supervisor left 2 year ago to Canada.

Me self go soon japa via Postdoc.

Make Agbado buffoons wreck the country totally. Shege ya!

You are a slowpoke. You want a country that has given you a PhD to get wrecked cause you are an obidient.

Ogun ki you there!
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by Badonasty(m): 1:48pm On Nov 27, 2023
Lol…this Usman Dan fodio na lamba…lol 100 lecturers…how many lecturers dey the whole school
Re: Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:21pm On Nov 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It's those small universities that will be affected badly because some of their great lecturers will use the opportunity to move to prestigious universities with openings.

Incidentally, this is not new thing. The only difference between then and now is that we now have a lot of tertiary institutions. Check my signature for free stuffs!
do hope you know that migration away from Nigeria has been happening since the 90s?

Now, it has gained more fire, due to successive Vagabonds in Power (V.I.P by Fela).

Japa is a symptom of a gradually crumbling nation! It is not just a trend that will vanish.

However, what comes after Japa?
It's usually WAR!

Protest In University Of Medical Science, Akure Campus Over Fake Affiliation / Finally Jamb Release Results Of 12th March 2015 / Unizik 2017 - 2018 Cutoff Mark And Catchment Area