Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? (17200 Views)

Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by julybaba(m): 11:35am On Nov 27, 2023
What’s your take on this

Is it right or wrong for the trainee to kneel before collecting her certificate?

Let’s hear it 🤔

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by NoahHadNoArk: 11:38am On Nov 27, 2023
Who’s going to talk about trainees kneeling down on the main road as punishment for anything, for all driving by to see?!

It’s unsightly to me or is it just me ?!

What’s the best that certificate can do for you that you can’t do for yourself in a world that has already been blessed with the internet, advancement in technology, smartphones and robots.

Enough with the brainwashing please

My peace I leave you

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by thesicilian: 3:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
Respect is reciprocal. How one chooses to show his or her gratitude is personal. If one person kneels to collect certificate and the next one decides not to, it's no big deal. Where it now becomes an issue is if everyone is forced - physically or psychologically - to kneel just because the first person chose to do so.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Randal: 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2023
It's a stupid practice

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by illicit(m): 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2023
No
It's far fetched
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by money121(m): 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2023
Ok
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by IboHausaYoruba: 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2023
Hmmn! I think this has to do with norms and tradition. Nothing wrong doing it.

23 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Qatar2022: 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2023
It's part of appreciation and respect

20 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Ewedegubbler: 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2023
As e suit them.

E no concern me

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by mrjoeblinks: 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2023
Ehen?
I seriously frown at the act but who my frown epp!

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by AbuTwins: 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2023
This is haram even if some Muslims still do it.

It is totally wrong!
Be respectful and courteous but no bending, bowing, prostration and kneeling!

All those positions are solely for the worship of Chukwu Okike Abiama!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by blackmantis: 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2023
If learning sewing or carpentry yes.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Urheadmaster(m): 3:19pm On Nov 27, 2023
Yes.

It is necessary to kneel down while collecting your genuine certificate.

Unless you're a certificate forger like Bat that is when is not necessary tongue

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by MrHighSea: 3:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
Chai

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by nedekid: 3:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
Our rubbish culture of over submission.
The most one should do as a sign of respect is a bow.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by OgaTheTop2: 3:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
angry
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Guyman01: 3:22pm On Nov 27, 2023
If you humble yourself you will be exhaulted

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Femich18(m): 3:22pm On Nov 27, 2023
Wahala
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by tolumizzy(m): 3:22pm On Nov 27, 2023
So trainee should disrespect their boss enh.....if you can kneel for your pastor...whats bad if you kneel b4 your boss just to collect your certificate!!!....karma is real though

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Hamachi(f): 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2023
grin
Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Tajbol4splend(m): 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2023
Yes, it's good to show honour to those from whom you learn, it is white people who have no courtesy culture, let's not try to be like them

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by AbuTwins: 3:25pm On Nov 27, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Yes.

It is necessary to kneel down while collecting your genuine certificate.

Unless you're a certificate forger like Bat that is when is not necessary tongue

People with big head dey get nothing for head!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Namaster: 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2023
It's senseless.

It's the manifestation of the desperate need of Nigerians to oppress ANYONE below them.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Lordburna2(m): 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2023
This is absolute rubbish...if my ward try this and I notice that he or she was coerced to do that...I will Bleep the trainer up big time. Black folks be frowning at slavery but are blackishly wicked to the soul.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by ImoleNaija: 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2023
It's moral.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by IrepChrist: 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2023
Randal:
It's a stupid practice

We should learn to embrace African virtues especially the Godly ones. I see nothing wrong with this. A successful appretice appreciating her boss.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by koladebrainiac(m): 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2023
That is how it has been since our grand father when you want to do freedom . its a mark of respect for the person that did trainee

so why are u against it ?

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by viodemus: 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2023
No.

Is just that Nigeria is always about demigod and some other form of oppression.

There is respect, (which I support), and there is stupidity (which is this kind).

Do you think Dangote, or seyi or Otedola or even obi cubana son, will do this rubbish to collect certificate. Even the university of oxford or California, do not require you to kneel down, but the poverty stricken useless Nigeria, will subhuman you, just to feel better.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by MrBONE2(m): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2023
Nothing wrong cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? by Inspirer1: 3:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
Tajbol4splend:
Yes, it's good to show honour to those from whom you learn, it is white people who have no courtesy culture, let's not try to be like them
Yes of course.

After all,
Ministerial nominees bow before parliamentarians
Military personnel salute their seniors
And generally, people say Sir and say ma....

All are forms of respect

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yakubu Nataala Is Dead! Kogi Polytechnic Lecturer Slumps, Dies Over Non-Payment / Access Bank Forces Staff To Take Cars / Salary Earners: How Far Did Last Month Salary Take You This Month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.