Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,016 members, 7,810,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? (8829 Views)

Is It Right Or Wrong For The Trainee To Kneel Before Collecting Her Certificate? / Angry UBA Customer Grills Bank Staff Over Fraudulent Transactions In His Account / Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by OluwakemiRN(f): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2022
I believe anger is part of our daily life either directly or indirectly. At times we get angry at unpleasant situations just to ensure such does not repeat itself.

Here is my experience few days ago.

A client has been on my neck for help but I kept telling him I was busy and so could not just help him. Ideally, there is someone in charge of what he needed help for but the person was not forthcoming but because he felt I could help, he kept disturbing me.

I finally agreed to help, so after I had stressed myself to get what he wanted , I discovered he didn't even have the complete requirements to make the whole thing work out. I immediately expressed my dissappointment angrily and left to look for an alternative so that my effort won't be in vain. After doing a lot of searching, I finally got an alternative..

He actually felt bad and almost fainted that I even became sacred and had to apologise oo.

It was a scary thing to behold....

I don't know if you have ever experienced such, what was your reaction?

Feel free to share.

Just imagine someone disturbing you for job opportunities, and when you finally secured one , you discovered he didn't have the necessary requirements..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by Patented: 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2022
Getting Angry at work is a constant, what you do while angry is yours to control.
If someone is disturbing me for work, the first thing i would do is ascertain the requirements for the job and verify if the person has the requirements. If you secured the vacancy and later discovered the person did not have the requirements........................ that's on you!

11 Likes

Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by Nilx: 4:42pm On Mar 09, 2022
Booked this space and after reading it, I discovered that I don’t have anything to say........

Peace out
Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by underpinna: 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2022
Is it that you concluded within yourself that he has those things that would be required?

You who agreed to help would have known better to have asked for the materials needed for the job.

Being angry at work is constant to some people. I am a contract staff, when certain benefits comes to the company, the main staffs are the people to enjoy those benefits. But the manager would always want you to assist the company with duties not in your description.
One day, I had to scream. Omo, manager, I no do and don't call me again for this kind of job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by Younghacka(m): 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2022
The Nigerian Factor Is Already Enough To Frustrate Anybody (Traffic, Environment etc). . . When You Couple This With Some Bossy Bosses Who Order You Around And Give You Tasks Outside Your Jurisdiction For A Peanut Pay. . . Getting Angry Can Sometimes Be Justified.
Just Make Sure You Have An Alternative Source Of Income Or Something To Hold Body Together Incase You Are Fired Make Sapa No Go Reset Your Brain. . .

3 Likes

Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by pocohantas(f): 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2022
You are only human.

I get angry at work regularly. Both at internal and external customers. Sometimes I suck it up, sometimes I say it out.

However, anger management and good conflict resolution skills are needed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by Sleekfingers: 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2022
Depends
Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by mayowascholar(m): 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2022
I got it
Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by AbuAeesha: 4:44pm On Mar 09, 2022
sometimes even when u try as much as possible to keep ur calm, someone will still want to provoke you and still right undecided

1 Like

Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by cassidy1996(m): 4:44pm On Mar 09, 2022
You can be angry but don't sin

To control anger nor easy at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by 900warriorz: 4:45pm On Mar 09, 2022
You do anyhow, you see anyhow grin
Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by badboyTee(m): 4:45pm On Mar 09, 2022
cheesy while I was learning barbing then my Oga wife was expecting me to help her wash her child yansh after she shit finish.

I just told her I can't and she was like I would slap you.

All because I look gentle she thinks she can use it to ride me I change it for her too everybody shock that day cheesy say this guy fit pull that stunt since that day she dares not approach me for rubbish though we were later on good terms.

Moral : you need to let your anger out sometimes not to seem like a fool

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by deepwater(f): 4:46pm On Mar 09, 2022
lol
Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by Mophor: 4:47pm On Mar 09, 2022
Issokay!!!
Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by NoFucksToGive: 4:48pm On Mar 09, 2022
You are human you have the right to express anger anywhere. The fact is anger isn't an emotion you let get the better part of you at home or at work it's irrelevant . But at the end of the day you are still human , so feel free to vex but remember vexation doesn't help anyone
Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by GermanRemitaunt(f): 4:48pm On Mar 09, 2022
There’s this saying in Germany that translates roughly as “If work was fun, the bosses wouldn’t pay us to do it”. Customers and clients can be annoying, but IMHO that’s just part of the job. As long as the wage is ok, no problem.

1 Like

Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by President2001(m): 4:49pm On Mar 09, 2022
In this present economy getting angry at work is a taboo even though you right

2 Likes

Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 4:50pm On Mar 09, 2022
Right to be angered and be angry---Fundament Human Right number 666
Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by Mom007(f): 4:50pm On Mar 09, 2022
Helping someone is most times not at your convenience. That's why its called help. If you want to render help, try to do so without trampling on the persons dignity. Some people are barely keeping their sh!t together and just a little push in the wrong direction can tip them over the edge mentally and that's what you witnessed. Pray you are never in a position where you need to repeatedly beg help from a reluctant helper.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by bigdammyj: 4:51pm On Mar 09, 2022
Yes
Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by Offpoint1: 4:51pm On Mar 09, 2022
I lose it when I was at the customer unit at one company like, some customers are complete A-hole... I threw my home training and work ethics into the trash can and served the idiot back-to-back.

Kudos to all customer unit staffs---- that job is tougher than being at a war front.

One idiot once called me at 1:am that she's ho'rny after taking our products, if I can come over

1 Like

Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by house10s: 4:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
OluwakemiRN:
I believe anger is part of our daily life either directly or indirectly. At times we get angry at unpleasant situations just to ensure such does not repeat itself.

Here is my experience few days ago.

A client has been on my neck for help but I kept telling him I was busy and so could not just help him. Ideally, there is someone in charge of what he needed help for but the person was not forthcoming but because he felt I could help, he kept disturbing me.

I finally agreed to help, so after I had stressed myself to get what he wanted , I discovered he didn't even have the complete requirements to make the whole thing work out. I immediately expressed my dissappointment angrily and left to look for an alternative so that my effort won't be in vain. After doing a lot of searching, I finally got an alternative..

He actually felt bad and almost fainted that I even became sacred and had to apologise oo.

It was a scary thing to behold....

I don't know if you have ever experienced such, what was your reaction?

Feel free to share.

Just imagine someone disturbing you for job opportunities, and when you finally secured one , you discovered he didn't have the necessary requirements..

thats y u there to help get d heat n get paid

1 Like

Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by bhouze(m): 4:52pm On Mar 09, 2022
I think its wrong as it shows unprofessionalism. The tendencies for an immature/unprofessional individual to step on your nerve by misinterpretation or low level of understanding is always there but the way you respond matters. You have to consciously train yourself not lose temper no matter what or respond negatively to such provocative actions in equal provocative actions. Its not easy but it can be achieved. I talk from experience.

1 Like

Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by iLegendd(m): 4:55pm On Mar 09, 2022
I don't work.
Re: Getting Angry At Work, Right Or Wrong? by Oyindamolah: 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2022
cry cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Prepare For Ican Exams / Which One Is Better? Social Work Or Political Science? / How Can A Fresh Graduate With NEBOSH IGC Get A Job In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.