Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,118 members, 7,814,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Es350 Not Going Into Reverse, But Gears Upto Gear 3. What Can I Do? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Es350 Not Going Into Reverse, But Gears Upto Gear 3. What Can I Do? (421 Views)

Transmission Stuck In 3rd Gear & Won't Go Beyond Or Below Gear 3 When Put To D / Toyota Sienna 10 Pin Gear Not Working In Reverse But Works In Drive / Toyota Camry 2017, Will Not Reverse But It Move On Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Es350 Not Going Into Reverse, But Gears Upto Gear 3. What Can I Do? by MrAwesome001(m): 12:56pm On Nov 28, 2023
I need urgent help guys. On Sunday, I was traveling to Enugu with my ES350. Everything was great until at some point I noticed a revving sound whenever I match down the throttle and the gear stopped going past gear 2.

I managed it to a safe place just 10mins away and before I got there, I was already perceiving a burning smell.

We thought it should be gearbox oil that has dried up, then we quickly paid the mechanic 75,000 to buy gearbox oil, filter and fixing.

He did and yet the issue persists. But right now it can get upto gear 3 on Sport mode, but still doesn't get into reverse.

What can be done?
Re: Es350 Not Going Into Reverse, But Gears Upto Gear 3. What Can I Do? by mayor2013: 1:19pm On Nov 28, 2023
MrAwesome001:
I need urgent help guys. On Sunday, I was traveling to Enugu with my ES350. Everything was great until at some point I noticed a revving sound whenever I match down the throttle and the gear stopped going past gear 2.

I managed it to a safe place just 10mins away and before I got there, I was already perceiving a burning smell.

We thought it should be gearbox oil that has dried up, then we quickly paid the mechanic 75,000 to buy gearbox oil, filter and fixing.

He did and yet the issue persists. But right now it can get upto gear 3 on Sport mode, but still doesn't get into reverse.

What can be done?

Replace transmission
Re: Es350 Not Going Into Reverse, But Gears Upto Gear 3. What Can I Do? by Lance008(m): 1:34pm On Nov 28, 2023
MrAwesome001:

What can be done?
Na new gear
It happened to mine
The machanic no let the car cool before he put the oil Na why he happend
Re: Es350 Not Going Into Reverse, But Gears Upto Gear 3. What Can I Do? by MrAwesome001(m): 2:13pm On Nov 28, 2023
Lance008:

Na new gear
It happened to mine
The machanic no let the car cool before he put the oil Na why he happend

The oil was put the next day
Re: Es350 Not Going Into Reverse, But Gears Upto Gear 3. What Can I Do? by Angrigowt: 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2023
Heya Pele. So if you come go jam traffic now ..uno go for reverse.hahahahaha. and I'm sure u go dey do big boy upandan. Oh boy. Your gear ti lor. New gear no just think am. Sell the car as scrap
Re: Es350 Not Going Into Reverse, But Gears Upto Gear 3. What Can I Do? by MrAwesome001(m): 6:13pm On Nov 28, 2023
Angrigowt:
Heya Pele. So if you come go jam traffic now ..uno go for reverse.hahahahaha. and I'm sure u go dey do big boy upandan. Oh boy. Your gear ti lor. New gear no just think am. Sell the car as scrap

You didn't have to be stúpid. 🙄
Re: Es350 Not Going Into Reverse, But Gears Upto Gear 3. What Can I Do? by Chingyyy878: 7:44pm On Nov 28, 2023
MrAwesome001:

You didn't have to be stúpid. 🙄

The guy na nuisance
Re: Es350 Not Going Into Reverse, But Gears Upto Gear 3. What Can I Do? by Dozieson(m): 5:22am On Nov 29, 2023
MrAwesome001:

What can be done?

How did you know the oil dried up?

Did you do any work on your car recently before the traveling?
What oil did you use to replace the existing?
Have you replaced the gear oil before now?

That gear is about N600-700k now

(1) (Reply)

Uber Or Bolt Drivers How Much Is Weekly Remittance / Register Your Missing Car For A Chance To Recover It For FREE At Legitcar.ng / Uber Driver Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.