Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,992 members, 7,835,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) (52670 Views)

Why Many Nigerian Private Universities May Go Extinct In The Next Decade / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) / Civil Servants Sending Their Children To Private Universities Are Corrupt – ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by Padipadi(m): 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2023
StraightGaay:
I need a partner
Go pick bride from ya village
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by PedoBear: 4:56pm On Nov 28, 2023
Waste of funds that could have been used to maintain existing federal and state unis

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by StraightGaay: 4:57pm On Nov 28, 2023
Padipadi:

Go pick bride from ya village
Sex partner oga
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by naijapikin2(m): 4:58pm On Nov 28, 2023
If I had my way I. Will open a university called

NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY OF CORRUPTION STUDIES AND MISMANAGEMENT SCIENCES (NUCSMS).

Whoz with me 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by ekeneokwologu(m): 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
Nobody can be trusted in this kwantry

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by Charly68: 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2023
And they we are broke as a nation. Many of these men have feasted on us but thank God they planted the money into the system ..those who took it out are more wicked than these men. God is observing everyone
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by Poisonousman: 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2023
Eastern Palm university is now owned by imo state government.. Rochas build that university as imo state university not Owerri people protest against removing that university from their land so he changed it to private university.. but hope collected the university

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by twilliamx(m): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2023

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by MrSmithy: 5:13pm On Nov 28, 2023
Hope we all now understand why Nigeria keeps borrowing to fund there personal projects

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by lexyclasy: 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2023
dre11:

https://punchng.com/full-list-private-varsities-floated-by-nigerian-politicians/?amp
In this article, PUNCH online reviews some of the private universities floated by the Nigerian political class.

1. Bells University, Ogun state - This institution was founded by former president, Olusegun Obasanjo. The institution also has on its board a former governor of Gombe state, Ibrahim Dakwambo, and a former senator representing Ogun Central, Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello.

2. American University of Nigeria, Yola, Adamawa state: This school is owned by a former vice-president of Nigeria and the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the 2023 general elections, Atiku Abubakar.

3. Amaj University, Kwali, Abuja: This institution is owned by a former governor of Sokoto state, Attahiru Bafarawa. The University received its license in 2023 and is one of the youngest private universities in the country.

4. Hensard University, Bayelsa state: Like Amaj University, Hensard is also one of the newly licensed private universities in Nigeria and is owned by a former governor of Bayelsa state, Seriake Dickson.

5. PAMO University of Medical Sciences, Rivers state: A former governor of Rivers state, Peter Odili is the founder of PAMO University of Medical Sciences, the first private medical university in Nigeria. The institution also has on its board, former military administrator, Gen. Abdulsalam Abubakar, a senator representing Katsina South, Abu Ibrahim.

6. Baze University, Abuja: A one-time senator and vice presidential candidate of the Labour Party during the 2023 presidential election, Datti Baba-Ahmed is the founder of Abuja-based University, Baze.

7. Eastern Palms University, Imo state: A former governor of Imo state and senator who represented Imo West senatorial district in the ninth senate, Rochas Okorocha is the founder of this institution.

8. Edwin Clark University: A former federal commissioner of Information and elder statesman, Edwin Clark is the founder of Edwin Clark University.

9. Sports University, Delta State: This first private university of sports is owned by a current senator, Ned Nwoko. He obtained the license for the institution in 2021.

I Hate half baked research so much, if you are making research on a particular topic ensure that you carryout indebt analysis not just the few you know. some of the private university still owned by politicians not mentioned here are Afe babalola university ABUAD he was one time attorney general of a state and Federal government of this country, RITMAN University Ikot Ekpene, the founder was one time Senator of Ikot Ekpene senatorial district,
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by hotseat: 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2023
These are the rogues who will never allow public universities to thrive.

They deliberately make public universities not to function adequately so as to promote theirs.

Whatever money they used to set up these universities was stolen from the common patrimony!

Oles!

Thieves!

Barawos!

2 Likes

Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by Moniya4Real(m): 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
Abeg! Nigeria na cruise. Who among the politicians who own these universities could boldly say:” I built it with my hard-earned money from my sweat”. Alas! Jara e ni o. Wait until the erstwhile Accountant general that stole over 100b naira and pleaded for plea-bargain will float his own private university from the proceed of his remaining loot in the near future. There is really no hope for this country. And the most painful part is: The thieving politicians and their gullible, docile , pliable supporters know quite well what they did to acquire all their wealth and all. But religion and tribalism won’t let them reason .in the word of Sanusi Lamido: “ No Nigerian leaders that has never benefited from government “.
Africa is indeed cursed.!
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by mkoabiola: 5:31pm On Nov 28, 2023
So all ds noise making really paid for Edwin Clark...
A man that has been a federal commissioner in d 80s

Pipleline and oil bunkering really paid off
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by sylve11: 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
Despite all this expensive school’s no Nigerian student has been able to create or even re-create anything positive in Nigeria like we see every day in expensive schools abroad

When a person brags that's he's a first class graduate; I always take my time to ask him what he's invented so far. cool

2 Likes

Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by Padipadi(m): 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2023
StraightGaay:
Sex partner oga
Do you v money to spend on hook ups?
Girls money give free toto naa!
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by Sermwell(m): 5:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
billionman:
If they don't play it right with the powers that be at every political dispensation, they can easily be witch-hunted by their opposing political colleagues by targeting these investments/universities. Asari has his reasons of establishing his own university in Benin Republic.
You lie!! These people are friends to each other!! They won't do anything to totally bring down themselves!! This universities have been in existence for years, how come they have not been targeted??
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by teewhyhomes: 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
Contact us today @ Teewhyhomes for your next Real Estate investment.
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by stormborn28(m): 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
StraightGaay:
I need sex mate, anyone?

Hmmmm....you want to destroy someone ANUS abi
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by Bluntemperor: 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
Rechargeam247:
There's money in Nigeria, the issue is it doesn't go round, it's hoarded by a few.

Just ask yourself - can you tell us the Universities owned by former Presidents or Vice-President of America or Britain?
The Nigerian Leaders- stole Nigeria Big and now come through Education to dictate to the Masses too! Owo Abu ni!
What can IBB offered Nigerians and where did he gets the Money?
Here is a man that brought Nigeria to her knees during June12,1993- that brought in SAP( Structural Adjustment Programs) ,brought in SFEM through selected appointed Bankers,just to destroy Nigeria and ran to Abuja-and handed over to Ernest Shonekan, because of greed- so imagine when such personality is now having University- what Integrity do they possessed order than Corruption !
Very ungodly people, claiming leaders!
Their past activities brought Nigeria to this low ebb in our National Development and their evil activities, includes destruction of Naira and is why many Youths today wants to Japa- to other Countries,for lack of Confidence,lack of opportunities of what tommorow holds for them in Nigeria.
Nonsensical People everywhere,!

3 Likes

Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by olamilarks(m): 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2023
Political class that deliberately ruined our Public schools and floated private schools to rob us again. I'm sure some people on this thread will be here hailing the men that stole their dinner!
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by loveli2uall: 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2023
Does anyone even see our several mandates such as D***i B**a A***d, Ati...u owning a university sef...and you all would want to fight on top those things.. Who con wan build this education system peradventure political party A/B/C wins like this.
I pray we go dey okay
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by blesdman(m): 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
Despite all this expensive school’s no Nigerian student has been able to create or even re-create anything positive in Nigeria like we see every day in expensive schools abroad
Waste of funds....incompetent universities

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by Adakintroy: 6:10pm On Nov 28, 2023
Them finish school here still travelled abroad.

Wetin be the point of fancy eduction. If the mind never liberate from mental dependence on the white.

2 Likes

Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by ufotunang: 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
StraightGaay:
I need sex mate, anyone?
,.. nawaoooo.see what the cold weather.. weather for two has caused for you 🙄

1 Like

Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by ufotunang: 6:29pm On Nov 28, 2023
Everywhere university but no work... nawaoooo 🙄
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by StraightGaay: 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2023
Padipadi:

Do you v money to spend on hook ups?
Girls money give free toto naa!
If I don't I won't be asking
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by StraightGaay: 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2023
stormborn28:

Hmmmm....you want to destroy someone ANUS abi
Or vagina
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by Integrafamoo: 6:36pm On Nov 28, 2023
dre11:

https://punchng.com/full-list-private-varsities-floated-by-nigerian-politicians/?amp
These people should be appreciated for investing in such a legacy project. Each University generates thousands of direct and indirect employment opportunities. University establishment is not a business that can yield returns within 20years. If not properly managed, proprietor may keep pumping money into it till death comes. There are many lucrative businesses out there.
The only thing that could attract politicians to such investment is that, the school platform could be used for money laundering. Hence, they deserve applause.
People emphasize more on what students pay; They pay once annually but staff get salary 12times in a year, apart from daily runnings of the university. Even our public universities that have been in existence for over 40years cannot sustain without monthly subvention

3 Likes

Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by jaymichael(m): 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
ATEAMS:
The only way to get what you really want, is to know what you really want. And the only way to know what you really want, is to know yourself. And the only way to know yourself, is to be yourself. And the only way to be yourself is to listen to your heart.
What of people like Ashake that they have cut dem ear go, how can they listen?😂😆
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by Alliswell248: 7:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
ShugaSneh:
So Ebola Thimbulu the fóölish yeroóba messiah didn't float any school?

But what business do drug lord have with education? Head slammers are naturally cursed!
Dwarf Muhammad (S.A.W) was killing anyone perceived to be wise or educated, so I'm not surprised.

Spits!!

AllahAkboom!

Your parents indeed tried for teaching you to curse those who are older than them.....

Shame ....big shame....a disgrace of a child.

Sorry....I forgot. Baby factory child lacks respect..
No wonder...
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by Blackdisciple(m): 7:14pm On Nov 28, 2023
It is just their own businesses nothing more...
Re: Private Universities Floated By Nigerian Politicians (Full List) by FirmTR(m): 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2023
dre11:

I didn't see Western Delta University located in delta state, owned by the former Governor, James Ibori..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / Oau Admission For The Year 2011/2012 Part 2 / Adeleke University, Ede In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.