Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ (29070 Views)

Body Of 2-year-old Boy Trapped In Well For 12 Days Is Found In Spain(Pics) / ₦238Million Rescue Operation To Save Spanish Boy Trapped In Well For 11days / Two Years Old Boy Trapped In 330ft Deep Hole For One Week In Spain(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by haybhi1(m): 10:59am On Nov 29, 2023
Life.
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by PointB: 10:59am On Nov 29, 2023
The article is too shallow:

It didn't say what they are 'suffering' from or what it meant by 'trapped'. It did it also propose any meaningful solution.

Just said everyone is suffering, and shouldn't get involve in what they don't know.

1 Like

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by ikpumbe(m): 11:01am On Nov 29, 2023
Jennyclay:
If I have a boyfriend or husband living in abroad and don’t have plans of bringing me over to join him, my dear I will just secretly move on without him even knowing.

You can’t be trapped in illegal marriage over there and still expect me to be waiting patiently for you undecided. God forbid such thing!! undecided

Feel free to enjoy yourself abroad while I look for who will take good care of me here in Nigeria!!

Your mind go touch ground

2 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Johnbulll(m): 11:03am On Nov 29, 2023
RonuThings:
😎

Half Bread is better than Opka 💯

It is better to become a slave Abroad than to settle down with a Nigerian Woman 🤔

Marry a Nigerian lady at your own peril 🥱

2 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Mitsurugi(m): 11:08am On Nov 29, 2023
dododawa1:

Jennyclay

Is available

Tufiakwa!
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Xwizard: 11:10am On Nov 29, 2023
Greenfaces:

I hear theres a lot of ritual killings and high proliferation of charms. They say native doctors have shrines on the road the same way trader's have stores in kano or alaba market. I hear that almost every house has a graveyard in it. And that Internet fraudsters with charms are everywhere making cost of life there very high, while killing and kidnapping people for rituals even in places you would suppose are protected like hotels.

I don't know how true but it definitely influenced my judgement when my organisation told me to choose between been posted to ogun state or jigawa. I picked jigawa even though I know ogun state is close to lagos.

You see.... the media has a way of influencing us and our mindset. Its possible that all this opinions I hold of ogun state are not even true. But I will panic if you tell me I am visiting ogun state today.
Lol am just laughing and rolling on my sofa here. They are all lies, Ogun state is so peaceful and nothing like all that.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Afromentalist: 11:19am On Nov 29, 2023
Jennyclay:
If I have a boyfriend or husband living in abroad and don’t have plans of bringing me over to join him, my dear I will just secretly move on without him even knowing.

You can’t be trapped in illegal marriage over there and still expect me to be waiting patiently for you undecided. God forbid such thing!! undecided

Feel free to enjoy yourself abroad while I look for who will take good care of me here in Nigeria!!
you make some valid points but your last sentence is the problem with African women.

Look for who will take of you, are you a child ? Why can't you take care of yourself? So marriage is your support program?

4 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Bluffly: 11:19am On Nov 29, 2023
Jennyclay:

Take care of yourself and stop looking for a man that will take care of you. Silly mentality

4 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Bluffly: 11:20am On Nov 29, 2023
Jennyclay:

Take care of yourself and stop looking for a man that will take care of you. Be a value to yourself first. Silly mentality
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by thisisit: 11:20am On Nov 29, 2023
Just JAPA... Anywhere but Nigeria!!
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Osonddu: 11:22am On Nov 29, 2023
RonuThings:
😎

Half Bread is better than Opka 💯

It is better to become a slave Abroad than to settle down with a Nigerian Woman 🤔

Marry a Nigerian lady at your own peril 🥱
you're one in a million. I can't forget you in a hurry

1 Like

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by ufotunang: 11:27am On Nov 29, 2023
Padipadi:
Let anyone do what's legally right to survive. Nigeria is getting bad that's why people are japaing
.... even to marry an old oyinbo woman of 70 years old to Japa abi ?🙄
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by ufotunang: 11:28am On Nov 29, 2023
Na renewed shege cause am 🙄
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by 43Ronin: 11:34am On Nov 29, 2023
nigerians are in d habit of talking too much when nobody send them. this is the type of stupidity that makes nigerians not to get d prosperity pin code abroad. the Indians, Somalis. Asians are into all kind of illegal immigration abroad, but none of their people will ever come online to voice it. Look at H1B for instance, the Asians have found a way to cheat the system that they keep getting it at the expense of others. Tell a Nigerian the way, the idiot will come online to form oversabi.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Padipadi(m): 11:40am On Nov 29, 2023
ufotunang:
.... even to marry an old oyinbo woman of 70 years old to Japa abi ?🙄
It's legal and acceptable. If you see one, ya destiny is safe.
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Greenfaces: 11:42am On Nov 29, 2023
Xwizard:

Lol am just laughing and rolling on my sofa here. They are all lies, Ogun state is so peaceful and nothing like all that.
Lool. You can imagine. But if you ask 10 people here, 8 will tell you exactly what I have told you. And the remaining 2 must have lived there or have someone living there.

While the news you here about Maiduguri happens in the thick villages. Yes there are many incidents of gruesome killings there, but none in Maiduguri Town. Its not too different from abuja. If I count the most beautiful states I have visited, Maiduguri is one of them. It compares favourably with kano state.
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by ednut1(m): 11:52am On Nov 29, 2023
An ex colleague of mine doing MBA in the USA recently visited Canada. Told me majority of his courses mates from Nigeria have found an African American( akata) to marry before they finish this studies. Usa immigration is very brutal

1 Like

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Kobicove(m): 11:57am On Nov 29, 2023
AbuTwins:
I know someone who married an akátá while having a wife and like five kids here.

He can't even come back since almost ten years!

The wife don die now he no come!
Na from inside toilet he go dey call make oyinbo madam no hear!

But he dey manage send fees sha!

shocked
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by EconFinance: 11:59am On Nov 29, 2023
You NIGERIANS talk too much

Are we the only ones emigrating en masse ?

Why can't we be quiet for once ?

2 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by EconFinance: 12:00pm On Nov 29, 2023
43Ronin:
nigerians are in d habit of talking too much when nobody send them. this is the type of stupidity that makes nigerians not to get d prosperity pin code abroad. the Indians, Somalis. Asians are into all kind of illegal immigration abroad, but none of their people will ever come online to voice it. Look at H1B for instance, the Asians have found a way to cheat the system that they keep getting it at the expense of others. Tell a Nigerian the way, the idiot will come online to form oversabi.

EXACTLY!

Na self esteem issues dey worry us as a people

1 Like

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Xwizard: 12:01pm On Nov 29, 2023
Greenfaces:

Lool. You can imagine. But if you ask 10 people here, 8 will tell you exactly what I have told you. And the remaining 2 must have lived there or have someone living there.

While the news you here about Maiduguri happens in the thick villages. Yes there are many incidents of gruesome killings there, but none in Maiduguri Town. Its not too different from abuja. If I count the most beautiful states I have visited, Maiduguri is one of them. It compares favourably with kano state.
and you need to come to Ogun state and compare too. Anyways sm makes us believes a lot of nonsense like picking money on ground in America

1 Like

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by RonuThings(m): 12:08pm On Nov 29, 2023
Osonddu:
you're one in a million. I can't forget you in a hurry
😎

Thanks! I appreciate
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Thazard(m): 12:25pm On Nov 29, 2023
Gerrard59:
Because they used visit visa to enter the US. In order to access the labour market without restrictions, they do contract aka arrange marriage. Alternatively, study in Mexico and become a Mexican citizen, then TN visa to the US labour market. Or be like my oga Tensa20 and head to Chile. Do five years, collect passport and do H1B1. For those in Canada, play the long game to citizenship and TN visa your way to the US labour market.

Focus should be on accessing the US labour market without restrictions. If your money is plenty, enter Australia, get the passport and do E-3 visa to the US labour market.

There is one final route which you can do from your house in Nigeria, but please do your research. grin

I don try.
Bros abeg no vex,just drop am here. I really need am.
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by VULCAN(m): 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
Always looking for who will take care of her.

Never mentions her taking care of anybody else.

She must be handicapped, lazy or just plain empty.

Jennyclay:

2 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Jeon(f): 12:30pm On Nov 29, 2023
You all can project whatever you want towards japagerians, nothing beats white ladies in contract, proposal, agreement, arrangement, forced marriage.

#teamforeign .

11 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Blitzking: 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2023
Been seeing some guys we schooled together in the university though in different departments joining the US army. I don't know how a Nigerian born in nigeria schooled in nigeria but joining the US army..how did dey become US citizens to join the US army without marrying an American woman.if u av an idea kindly share my youngest sibling she wants to join the US army.

1 Like

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Gozac: 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2023
Japa syndrome is a national shame for Nigerian leaders, anyway they are shameless and don't care at all
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by henrimoto(m): 1:01pm On Nov 29, 2023
Jennyclay:

.. What!! ..The same men that are USELESS ??

.. You even desire boyfriend/husband ..

Tommorow, YOU will say " All MEN ARE ..."

1 Like

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by BigDawsNet: 1:13pm On Nov 29, 2023
Blitzking:
Been seeing some guys we schooled together in the university though in different departments joining the US army. I don't know how a Nigerian born in nigeria schooled in nigeria but joining the US army..how did dey become US citizens to join the US army without marrying an American woman.if u av an idea kindly share my youngest sibling she wants to join the US army.

One way or the other.. this your old school mate have been able to secure a greencard probably from a secret marriage or they are lucky to get a document after dia study in the States...

You have to be a greencard holder or a US citizen to join the US Enlisted services,
You must be a US citizen to join the Officer service..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'My Wife Is Serial Divorcee, I'm Her 5th Husband' / With ₦400 your wife can prepare soup that would last two days — Pastor says / Nigerians On Twitter Recount Worst Beating Parents Ever Gave Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.