Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,241 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ (29047 Views)

Body Of 2-year-old Boy Trapped In Well For 12 Days Is Found In Spain(Pics) / ₦238Million Rescue Operation To Save Spanish Boy Trapped In Well For 11days / Two Years Old Boy Trapped In 330ft Deep Hole For One Week In Spain(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Blitzking: 1:17pm On Nov 29, 2023
BigDawsNet:

One way or the other.. this your old school mate have been able to secure a greencard probably from a secret marriage or they are lucky to get a document after dia study in the States...

You have to be a greencard holder or a US citizen to join the US Enlisted services,
You must be a US citizen to join the Officer service..
thank you very much appreciated

2 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by DEBJOCH1(m): 1:19pm On Nov 29, 2023
Greenfaces:

I hear theres a lot of ritual killings and high proliferation of charms. They say native doctors have shrines on the road the same way trader's have stores in kano or alaba market. I hear that almost every house has a graveyard in it. And that Internet fraudsters with charms are everywhere making cost of life there very high, while killing and kidnapping people for rituals even in places you would suppose are protected like hotels.

I don't know how true but it definitely influenced my judgement when my organisation told me to choose between been posted to ogun state or jigawa. I picked jigawa even though I know ogun state is close to lagos.

You see.... the media has a way of influencing us and our mindset. Its possible that all this opinions I hold of ogun state are not even true. But I will panic if you tell me I am visiting ogun state today.
. MR. HEARER, I AM FROM THE EAST AND HAVE MY HOUSE IN THE HEART OF OGUN STATE. THE MEDIA WILL ALWAYS KEEP MISSLEADING ALOT OF PEOPLE I LIVE THERE AND WORK IN LAGOS. SINCE YOU DONT DO RITUAL HOW IS THEIR RITUAL THING YOUR BUSINESS?. OGUN STATE AND PEOPLE ARE CALM AND PEACEFUL, THEY DONT LOOK FOR TROUBLE SO LONG U NDRIES.

THERE IS NO STATE IN NIGERIA WHERE RITUAL DONT TAKE PLACE, THOUGH TRADITIONAL THINGS ARE SO COMMON HERE, LET ME NOT SAY YOUTH, SMALL BOYS MAKING IT HOT. FOR ME I DONT FRICK OVER THEIR DEMONIC WEALTH SINCE I KNOW THAT THEIR SOURCE OF GETTING IT IS NOT PURE. THE FACT IS THAT I DONT EVEN CARE, I MIND MY BUSINESS.

ONCE YOU MIND YOUR BUSINESS, YOU DONT CROSS YOUR BOUNDRIES, YOU DONT GO FOR THEM FOR ANYTHING, YOU WONT EVEN KNOW THEY EXIST, UNLIKE ME, I DONT EVEN KNOW ABOUT THEIR EXISTENCE. OGUN IS A SWEET PLACE TO LIVE CHAAAA.
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by DEBJOCH1(m): 1:21pm On Nov 29, 2023
Greenfaces:

I hear theres a lot of ritual killings and high proliferation of charms. They say native doctors have shrines on the road the same way trader's have stores in kano or alaba market. I hear that almost every house has a graveyard in it. And that Internet fraudsters with charms are everywhere making cost of life there very high, while killing and kidnapping people for rituals even in places you would suppose are protected like hotels.

I don't know how true but it definitely influenced my judgement when my organisation told me to choose between been posted to ogun state or jigawa. I picked jigawa even though I know ogun state is close to lagos.

You see.... the media has a way of influencing us and our mindset. Its possible that all this opinions I hold of ogun state are not even true. But I will panic if you tell me I am visiting ogun state today.
. MR. HEARER, I AM FROM THE EAST AND HAVE MY HOUSE IN THE HEART OF OGUN STATE. THE MEDIA WILL ALWAYS KEEP MISSLEADING ALOT OF PEOPLE I LIVE THERE AND WORK IN LAGOS. SINCE YOU DONT DO RITUAL HOW IS THEIR RITUAL THING YOUR BUSINESS?. OGUN STATE AND PEOPLE ARE CALM AND PEACEFUL, THEY DONT LOOK FOR TROUBLE SO LONG YOU DONT STEP ON THEIR FEET.

THERE IS NO STATE IN NIGERIA WHERE RITUAL DONT TAKE PLACE, THOUGH TRADITIONAL THINGS ARE SO COMMON HERE, LET ME NOT SAY YOUTH, SMALL BOYS MAKING IT HOT. FOR ME I DONT FRICK OVER THEIR DEMONIC WEALTH SINCE I KNOW THAT THEIR SOURCE OF GETTING IT IS NOT PURE. THE FACT IS THAT I DONT EVEN CARE, I MIND MY BUSINESS.

ONCE YOU MIND YOUR BUSINESS, YOU DONT CROSS YOUR BOUNDRIES, YOU DONT GO FOR THEM FOR ANYTHING, YOU OBEY THEIR TRADITION, YOU WONT EVEN KNOW THEY EXIST, UNLIKE ME, I DONT EVEN KNOW ABOUT THEIR EXISTENCE. I GO ABOUT MY BUSINESS, DONT SEND ANY OF THEM. OGUN IS A SWEET PLACE TO LIVE CHAAAA.
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by BigDawsNet: 1:22pm On Nov 29, 2023
Blitzking:
thank you very much appreciated

Also.. if one of this ur old schoolmate parents are citizens or greencard holder.. then ur mate will be able to quickly join the US military with dere parents documents filing...
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Blitzking: 1:35pm On Nov 29, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Also.. if one of this ur old schoolmate parents are citizens or greencard holder.. then ur mate will be able to quickly join the US military with dere parents documents filing...

nah his parents doesn't av dual citizenship..probably he married those COUGARS.

1 Like

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by MrBONE2(m): 1:35pm On Nov 29, 2023
DrAkpa:
Too many demonic topics against japaaing are being given dominance on nairaland this days.
It seems like covert support is being given to nairaland resident demons to produce topics that would discourage people from leaving the zoo to make something better off their lives. Seun and his mods are truely shameless
grin
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2023
Jennyclay:
If I have a boyfriend or husband living in abroad and don’t have plans of bringing me over to join him, my dear I will just secretly move on without him even knowing.

You can’t be trapped in illegal marriage over there and still expect me to be waiting patiently for you undecided. God forbid such thing!! undecided

Feel free to enjoy yourself abroad while I look for who will take good care of me here in Nigeria!!

Lols
So after all ur h-ating and bashing of men here .... somehow you still plan to settle down with a Man someday. Was thinking feminist like ur type won't stoop low getting married to a Man with diick
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by wiseoneking: 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2023
Padipadi:

I know you ll be happy. In ya belle, it ll be like it serves dem right. Why can't they stay back & hustle. But see bro, hustle too tough for Nigeria due to her poor economy.
So don't make fun of Japanians!
If you dare deny, I ll cane you.
In fact, I fit say make ya spit give you hiccup sotey you land for clinic to exhaust ya N30K political stipend. Mo le ni ki ito pa e lori.
I m not smiling at you at all!
Mi o ba e feyin rara!
I think you are the first to use the word japanians, congrats !

1 Like

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by loswhite(m): 2:16pm On Nov 29, 2023
Why is everyone an expert in japa? Everyday japa japa japa. Please all of you should go rest amd allow adults leave with whatever they decide to do with their lives. All this nonsense news are just published to announce to world immigration that this what Nigerians are doing...lol. This nonsense is capable of drawing unnecessary attention to Nigerians getting married abroad. The intention of all this useless ppl is what I don't understand.
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by ufotunang: 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2023
Padipadi:

It's legal and acceptable. If you see one, ya destiny is safe.
... nawaoooo...🏃🏿‍♂️🏃🏿‍♂️🏃🏿‍♂️🏃🏿‍♂️🏃🏿‍♂️🏃🏿‍♂️🏃🏿‍♂️🏃🏿‍♂️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by lordnkem000(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2023
Jennyclay:
If I have a boyfriend or husband living in abroad and don’t have plans of bringing me over to join him, my dear I will just secretly move on without him even knowing.

You can’t be trapped in illegal marriage over there and still expect me to be waiting patiently for you undecided. God forbid such thing!! undecided

Feel free to enjoy yourself abroad while I look for who will take good care of me here in Nigeria!!
My sweet jennyclay, always looking for who to take care of her as usual, abeg u no get hand to work and earn your own money? U love cruise abeg, my guys are coming for ur head right away so be safe my dear
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Love800(m): 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2023
Whats the difference between greencard and citizenship?
BigDawsNet:

One way or the other.. this your old school mate have been able to secure a greencard probably from a secret marriage or they are lucky to get a document after dia study in the States...

You have to be a greencard holder or a US citizen to join the US Enlisted services,
You must be a US citizen to join the Officer service..
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by BigDawsNet: 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2023
Love800:
Whats the difference between greencard and citizenship?

Greencard is same thing as permanent residence.. that allows you to remain in the country for about 10years.. you can work full time, travel out the US and do business in the US... (after 3 years of getting a green card... you apply for citizenship)

Citizenship is status of being a citizen of the US.. it comes with US passport.. you can remain in the country forever and even vote for any political elections..
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by planetx: 3:02pm On Nov 29, 2023
Gerrard59:
Because they used visit visa to enter the US. In order to access the labour market without restrictions, they do contract aka arrange marriage. Alternatively, study in Mexico and become a Mexican citizen, then TN visa to the US labour market. Or be like my oga Tensa20 and head to Chile. Do five years, collect passport and do H1B1. For those in Canada, play the long game to citizenship and TN visa your way to the US labour market.

Focus should be on accessing the US labour market without restrictions. If your money is plenty, enter Australia, get the passport and do E-3 visa to the US labour market.

There is one final route which you can do from your house in Nigeria, but please do your research. grin

I don try.
All easier said than done. But at least you got some likes.
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by obytex(m): 3:03pm On Nov 29, 2023
A feminist that can't take care of herself.... that one na femi...😂
Jennyclay:

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by planetx: 3:10pm On Nov 29, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Greencard is same thing as permanent residence.. that allows you to remain in the country for about 10years.. you can work full time, travel out the US and do business in the US... (after 3 years of getting a green card... you apply for citizenship)

Citizenship is status of being a citizen of the US.. it comes with US passport.. you can remain in the country forever and even vote for any political elections..
You can remain in the US forever with a green card, just need renewing every 10 years. 3 years if still married and 5 years if not married for citizenship.
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by BigDawsNet: 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2023
planetx:
You can remain in the US forever with a green card, just need renewing every 10 years. 3 years if still married and 5 years if not married for citizenship.

Your green card expires after 10years.. then you decide if you wanna exit the country or renew... so dere is nothing like staying forever...
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by gforce5: 4:05pm On Nov 29, 2023
Nigerians are natural snitches. They will upload all their problems on social media not minding that others will observe and use it against them. They make noise like they are the only nationality to experience JAPA. The Chinese, Indians, Pakistanis, Lebanese and Fililpinos have been immigrating for decades yet they don't make noise like Nigerians. Nigeria is not even among the top 20 countries that have the most emigrants but we make it look like we have the highest number of emigrants in the world. We just love to make noise. It's a complex.
43Ronin:
nigerians are in d habit of talking too much when nobody send them. this is the type of stupidity that makes nigerians not to get d prosperity pin code abroad. the Indians, Somalis. Asians are into all kind of illegal immigration abroad, but none of their people will ever come online to voice it. Look at H1B for instance, the Asians have found a way to cheat the system that they keep getting it at the expense of others. Tell a Nigerian the way, the idiot will come online to form oversabi.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Padipadi(m): 4:12pm On Nov 29, 2023
wiseoneking:
I think you are the first to use the word japanians, congrats !
Yes. I coined the word Japanians.
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Greenfaces: 4:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
DEBJOCH1:
. MR. HEARER, I AM FROM THE EAST AND HAVE MY HOUSE IN THE HEART OF OGUN STATE. THE MEDIA WILL ALWAYS KEEP MISSLEADING ALOT OF PEOPLE I LIVE THERE AND WORK IN LAGOS. SINCE YOU DONT DO RITUAL HOW IS THEIR RITUAL THING YOUR BUSINESS?. OGUN STATE AND PEOPLE ARE CALM AND PEACEFUL, THEY DONT LOOK FOR TROUBLE SO LONG YOU DONT STEP ON THEIR FEET.

ONCE YOU MIND YOUR BUSINESS, YOU DONT CROSS YOUR BOUNDRIES, YOU DONT GO FOR THEM FOR ANYTHING, YOU OBEY THEIR TRADITION, YOU WONT EVEN KNOW THEY EXIST, UNLIKE ME, I DONT EVEN KNOW ABOUT THEIR EXISTENCE. I GO ABOUT MY BUSINESS, DONT SEND ANY OF THEM. OGUN IS A SWEET PLACE TO LIVE CHAAAA.
we are only comparing social media information to reality. We are seeing how what we read and hear shapes the impressions we hold about people and places we have never experienced ourselves. Not that I am insulting or belittling OGUN state in any way. He mentioned his fear for Maiduguri and I laughed because I know he has an exergerated version of the security situation there. Now that I mentioned what I heard about OGUN state, he also laughed at how exegerated the news I have been getting is. The lesson is that social media just makes us hate and afraid of each other. If we meet ourselves and go to the places ourselves, we could be good friends and we could love the places irrespective of our cultural and religious differences
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Greenfaces: 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2023
Xwizard:

and you need to come to Ogun state and compare too. Anyways sm makes us believes a lot of nonsense like picking money on ground in America
Exactly. I prefer to do japa by investment if I have such money. Most people don't really leave because of wealth alone. Its just general welfare. Government responsibility and accountability to the people, judicial system that works, security system that works, education that is correct and frequently updated, infrastructure that are built by competent hands, stability in currency and prices of things. This country is honestly bad. Imagine Nigerians are now relocating to smaller African countries. The level of corruption is unparalleled. And it doesn't seem to be getting better. If you're not from the ruling class, how do you survive! People earning less than 200k here are struggling. And what percentage of Nigerians earn that much. The struggle is depressing. If it doesn't affect you directly, it affects your neighbours and relatives. It creates hatred and security risk. I used to be against relocating but not anymore. If I have such money, I would go to a cheap country like Malaysia.
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Sirchef: 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2023
Female dependant needed . United kingdom. 6kpounds . 08054536182
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by emmaodet: 5:00pm On Nov 29, 2023
luminouz:
Here we go again!!!

Thank God say I no accept that nurse proposal to marry her say she will take me to UK on her work visa. Someone wey no get character and very abusive dey form good girl because she don become ENP.

By now, I go don wash pants taya.

grin grin grin
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Gerrard59(m): 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2023
planetx:
All easier said than done. But at least you got some likes.

Nothing good comes easy. What I stated there are standard immigration procedures others have followed and succeeded. If you don't like the procedures, stay back in Nigeria.

BTW, you are a resident in the US. Why are you still there?
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Gerrard59(m): 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2023
Tomorrow28:

Why should I leave Australia and head to USA. Hmmm

As a skilled black professional, you earn more in the US than anywhere else. You literally out-earn every other black person outside the US in the same profession, skill set and years of experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Love800(m): 5:48pm On Nov 29, 2023
Ok.
I appreciate dis comment.
BigDawsNet:

1 Like

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by theamazonguru(m): 6:05pm On Nov 29, 2023
Greenfaces:

Hmm... who get 24m for this country no need japa sha. That one na japa by choice. If I get 24m I wgo relocate to maiduguri go live soft life till the very end
Hahaha biggest joke of the year.
Maiduguri of all places in Nigeria.
Thirty Tiri gbosa for you.
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by lastkingsman: 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2023
ednut1:
An ex colleague of mine doing MBA in the USA recently visited Canada. Told me majority of his courses mates from Nigeria have found an African American( akata) to marry before they finish this studies. Usa immigration is very brutal

Must it be akata? grin

Cant one find one sweet Latina? grin

1 Like

Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by ednut1(m): 6:21pm On Nov 29, 2023
lastkingsman:

Must it be akata? grin

Latina no easy to marry. Them get sense. Their family members fit discourage her. Akata own them no need family approval to marry 😆
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Greenfaces: 6:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
theamazonguru:

Hahaha biggest joke of the year.
Maiduguri of all places in Nigeria.
Thirty Tiri gbosa for you.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Have you ever been there? Don't judge from what you see or read online oh. It's exegerated for real. Maiduguri is a nice place on a serious note.
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Regex: 6:29pm On Nov 29, 2023
lastkingsman:

Must it be akata? grin

Me I deh find Akata like this...🌚🌚
Re: Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ by Gerrard59(m): 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2023
ednut1:
Latina no easy to marry. Them get sense. Their family members fit discourage her. Akata own them no need family approval to marry 😆

I remember telling Tensa20 say he should not just cut off Nigerian women. But he has realised it was not as easy as he envisaged. Except he goes to the likes of Bolivia or Paraguay. grin grin grin grin

The Gods forbid! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Wife Pretends To Be Sick Whenever I Ask For Sex - Man Laments / Lady Gets Car As Birthday Gift From Husband (Photos) / Couple Files $650,000 Suit Against Their Son For Not Giving Them Grandchildren

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.