Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,384 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Are These Real Biblical Teachings Or Blasphemy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are These Real Biblical Teachings Or Blasphemy? (862 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On / Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These Real Biblical Teachings Or Blasphemy? by joyuchesun: 1:46am On Oct 30, 2011
There is an interesting dialogue occurring in one of the threads where someone who supported the May 21 is judgment day teaching is being asked to defend their position.  The answer in defense is below, and the bible is used to back it up.

My question is, are these true biblical teachings or misinterpretations?

The response to May 21 is judgment day

I have said that GOD's judgment took place on May 21, and the churches are and have been under GOD's righteous judgment (1 Peter 4:17), we see the evidence thereof.  I have said that The return of The Lord JESUS CHRIST is imminent and like in a court of law, sentence /execution will be carried out at that time, after judgment is read.  Think of it as being on "death row".

GOD's final judgment, HIS sentence passed on this world was passed on May 21, 2011 (like in a court of law),  the execution thereof (following shortly thereafter -like in a court of law), will be accomplished before the end of this year

----
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness." -2 Pet 3:9-13

"Therefore the LORD, the God of hosts, the Lord, saith thus; Wailing shall be in all streets; and they shall say in all the highways, Alas! alas! and they shall call the husbandman to mourning, and such as are skilful of lamentation to wailing. And in all vineyards shall be wailing: for I will pass through thee, saith the LORD. Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light. As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him. Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?" - Amos 5:16-20

"He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." - Rev 21:7-8

"wait for it, ".
Re: Are These Real Biblical Teachings Or Blasphemy? by knowjack: 2:47am On Oct 30, 2011
@OP Clearly these are blasphemous statements.  The person who is stating this is most likely mentally ill.  The irony is that even Harold Camping, the originator of the May 21 judgment day theory,  has stated within the past few days that he was wrong, that no one knows the day or time and removed any traces of these prophecies from his webiste.  So, whoever is writing this is probably too ashamed to admit mistake.  Think, how embarrassing this must be. They made this campaign quite public, and they are now the laughing stock of the world, sad.

It is not of the bible.
Re: Are These Real Biblical Teachings Or Blasphemy? by justhappy: 3:28am On Oct 30, 2011
LOL I see @Hischild is still at it.  Unbelievable! 
Re: Are These Real Biblical Teachings Or Blasphemy? by knowjack: 6:38am On Oct 30, 2011
@OP here you go, in the news this week.  The question that must be asked after reading this is, if Harold Camping stated that the predictions were biblical, and they did not come true, what does it truly say about the bible. 

Family Radio, the religious organization started by self-professed prophet Harold Camping, is no longer calling for the end of the world. Is it possible after two failed predictions this year, and at least two more in past years, that they just don't know when the Rapture will be?

So, for now at least, they've stopped predicting. That's right, there's no other ominous date in their calendar for the foreseeable future. And the 90-year-old Camping, who told The Christian Post last week that he has retired as head of Family Radio, isn't turning to his Bible to make another calculation. And FamilyRadio.com, which previously acted as a mouthpiece for their Judgment Day prophecies, has since removed all word about the end of times. They've scrubbed all past mentions of the date – including the explanation about why the May 21st events never materialized.

You should also note that this all may have been a purposeful scam. In another interview camping stated that he will not return any of the 200 million dollars that he raised through this campaign. This is very unfortunate and cruel. He stated:
“I don't have any responsibility. I don't have any responsibility of anybody's life. I'm only teaching the Bible. I'm simply saying, ‘This is what the Bible says,'" Camping announced. "We at Family Radio never tell anyone what to do with their money or possessions and will not be returning anything.”
Re: Are These Real Biblical Teachings Or Blasphemy? by joyuchesun: 7:46pm On Oct 30, 2011
WHAT!? This is all very interesting and food for thought. The fact that he says he will just not return the money is criminal. Are there any laws against this?
Re: Are These Real Biblical Teachings Or Blasphemy? by knowjack: 9:07pm On Oct 30, 2011
No, there are no laws against it, there should be though. People based on their own fears chose to follow this man. But, as I have stated, life has a way of working itself out. Look at Harold Camping's fall from grace. Those who helped to spread this message will also be punished. We will never know how. But rest assured it will happen.
Re: Are These Real Biblical Teachings Or Blasphemy? by nodogma: 4:26am On Oct 31, 2011
@knowjack Yes, but what is the real point here! The lesson should be that Harold Camping interpreted the bible in his own way which led him to a May 21 judgment date. He led many people astray. But he also has many other false teachings about divorce, the church, etc that people are following. This is the danger of the bible. It is based on man's interpretation of it. And this man's interpretations have been quite dangerous.

(1) (Reply)

I Was Making An Argument On Rd.net . . . / Where Is Heaven? / Prayer For The Man Sitting On(blocking) My Money To Get Out And Go Away From It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.