Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet (18978 Views)

Nigeria's Largest Steel Plant, Ajaokuta Is Finally Starting Production 40 Years / Nairaland Ranked Africa's Largest Forum. / Nigerian Shot Dead In South Africa Over N7, 500 Parking Lot Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Fatbam005: 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2023
It's one of the distractions of this present age. And many are under locks and keys of gambling

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by TemporaryHansel: 5:50pm On Dec 01, 2023
fergie001:

Africa Facts Zone

$975m daily? Does AFZ think we are fools or what? That amount is impossible for a poor country like Nigeria. $975m is more than 800billion naira. Are you telling me Nigerians place bets worth over 800billion naira daily? That means they place bets worth up to $8b a week abi? You guys are not okay for posting this bulshit.

A lot of people just copy any news they see online and paste it here without thinking about it properly.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by ponishah: 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2023
God1000:
This is very true, it's an incurable addiction

the high unemployment rate is partly responsible, infact it has become a walk of life for some people
And I believe it is illegal in sharia northern states, if not, it would have been up to 120 million people.
Meanwhile, the sharia northerners who ran to the south do bet.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Sonnobax15(m): 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2023
grin
No be lie cha...

While sugar-daddyship and hook-upism remains the highest employer of our nigerian bannies,the gambling sector remains the highest employer of us,the guys grin

Shame on our leaders grin
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by tamdun: 5:53pm On Dec 01, 2023
Chinjo2:
That's to tell you the level of poverty in the country. People have lost faith in Government as the economy has totally collapse.
They now see gambling as their last resort.
That's not poverty,it's greediness,where are they getting the money for gambling? U need to hear the amount some of them are using for gamble daily,e go shock u

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by occfx: 5:53pm On Dec 01, 2023
God1000:
Such staggering numbers

This is very true sha, it's an incurable addiction

the high unemployment rate is partly responsible, infact it has become a walk of life for some people.

Bet is saving us a lot of things if you don't know. Nothing as dangerous as a hopeless man. Bet gives the average poor man hope.. Helps them to keep pushing and never to commit suicide or become a terrorist. Bet is good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Blitzking: 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2023
The day any sport betting platform see my 1 naira make I bend?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by God1000(m): 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2023
occfx:

Bet is saving us a lot of things if you don't know. Nothing as dangerous as a hopeless man. Bet gives the average poor man hope.. Helps them to keep pushing and never to commit suicide or become a terrorist. Bet is good
it has also ruined several lives

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by TemporaryHansel: 5:55pm On Dec 01, 2023
Zooposki:
Almost a billion dollars everyday. That is about $365 billion dollars a year and we are called the poverty capital of the world? Make it make sense.

The poster is trying to insult our intelligence. People just copy and paste whatever bullshit they see online without verifying said stuff or thinking about it whether it actually makes sense or if it's possible.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Nice2023(m): 5:56pm On Dec 01, 2023
Consider it a miracle if u are not part of this menace in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by olaniyilukman(m): 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2023
Resetinc:
It’s not gambling, it’s sports trading ..

…….and it’s legit.

More green ✅ to punters 👍

Wa gbayi baba mi

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Dannydavito: 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2023
YOUTH EMPOWERMENT
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by silibaba: 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2023
Resetinc:
It’s not gambling, it’s sports trading ..

…….and it’s legit.

More green ✅ to punters 👍

I collect yesterday self just N300k

If you know how to punt, you will appreciate it

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by omoredia: 6:00pm On Dec 01, 2023
Life is a bet

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by omoredia: 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2023
Blitzking:
The day any sport betting platform see my 1 naira make I bend?

U are bent already. Bent by bet

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by blesdman(m): 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
goodconsience77:
[s][/s] Expect this in a nation that have bad economy. A nation where unemployment is the order of the day. A nation where her politicians see electives position as means of getting more wealth instead of service to the nation. Yahoo Yahoo will soon become legally accepted.
This statistics will continue to increase until our leaders do something to our economy.
Surely yahoo yahoo is the economic backbone of the masses in South of Nigeria. Nobody is seeing the effect of political government spending in the life of the masses. So yahoo yahoo may well be legally accepted. It is so unfortunate that those in legit businesses so called do not invest to make the monies felt in the economy of the masses as much as yahoo yahoo has done. We need to review our ways as a people. Our hypocrisy and wickedness stinks do much

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Angelfrost(m): 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
That's a lot of money down the drain...!

Get-rich-quick mentality among these dumb Negroes.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Blitzking: 6:03pm On Dec 01, 2023
omoredia:

U are bent already. Bent by bet
can never be me...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by blesdman(m): 6:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
bigiyaro:
Ordinary, large markets is one of the advantages of large vibrant population. Large markets should translate to large volumes of production,hence large exports. China exports even pencils and toothpicks, utilizing thier large population (enough cheap labour) But in my country, everything is upside down, insideout. Our Large population counts for nothing, it can't even be hannessed for anything.
Our hypocrisy as a people towards doing the right thing stinks. We do not encourage good ventures like farming, foundry, productive activities but we rather encourage religious stealings, useless owambes and mindless importations. We really need to address ourselves both the poor and the elites
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by africandollar: 6:06pm On Dec 01, 2023
Most gamblers always run at a loss because they don't understand how to think in probabilities while applying proper risk management. I would advise learning how to play poker up to a professional level to understand how to gamble profitably. Celine Dion's husband was a successful gambler but only about 1% of gamblers ever achieve that status.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by andyanders: 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2023
Have they taken the statistics of politicians that steal the wealth of this nation? The surrest way to steal money in this country is to become a politician, join their cult and become a Pen Robber. Youths get involved in crime and stuff like gambling 'cus their leaders has failled them. You finish university whereby parents go through pain to see their wards through school and a government that never contributed a dime throughout their upbringing, will now impose a mandatery NYSC service of 1yr and after serving their nation, they will be pushed to the street without any form of job to go and die.

I pity the youths of this country. No hope for them.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by rexchazy(m): 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2023
silibaba:

I collect yesterday self just N300k

If you know how to punt, you will appreciate it
Teach me
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by DanzyDan: 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2023
Na wa o
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Coldie(m): 6:11pm On Dec 01, 2023
African facts zone doesn’t verify its data.

African facts zone is owned by a boy in his 20’s who just started posting random things and the page blew up.

Don’t take his post seriously

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by frankson1(m): 6:11pm On Dec 01, 2023
Chinjo2:
That's to tell you the level of poverty in the country. People have lost faith in Government as the economy has totally collapse.

Are people receiving over a million naira as basic salary every 26 days considered to be poor
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by iammolise(m): 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2023
Who else finds this picture hysterical cheesy...
See how all punters in the picture are cool, calm and placing there bets, like they're in the bank collecting cash on a not crowded day grin

nb; the guy that crossed leg is at home grin
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by omoredia: 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2023
Blitzking:
can never be me...

Doesnt make u better in anyway though. People that dont drink or gamble are terrorists working for Hamas.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Virgo3: 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2023
Chinjo2:
spending close to a billion dollars on betting per day and you say poverty? Over 350 billion dollars annually guy!! Money dy but mental laziness dy worry us. Everyone they target millions whereas you don spend over 200k on bets annually this is enough to harvest over 1500 tubers of yam in a year ooo

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by benardtotti(m): 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2023
Chinjo2:

So let me guess ? The UK being the country with the highest gamblers in Europe is also poor?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by Virgo3: 6:18pm On Dec 01, 2023
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by dododawa1: 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2023
Maize247:
Wahala. I dumped my boyfriend then because I saw bet paper in his pocket, now another one is using his phone to bet. Government should do something asap
maybe you are designed to

Bet guy from H.
Re: Nigeria, largest Gambling Market In Africa: Over 65million Nigerians bet by benardtotti(m): 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
Virgo3:
spending close to a billion dollars on betting per day and you say poverty? Over 350 billion dollars annually guy!! Money dy but mental laziness dy worry us. Everyone they target millions whereas you don spend over 200k on bets annually this is enough to harvest over 1500 tubers of yam in a year ooo

Leave them let them keep repeating what economic parasites like IMF and their political allies like our politicians like saying just to justify their stupid economic plans .

Foreigners keep rushing to the so called poverty capital of the world to do business and steal her resources while the gullible citizens swallow hook,line and sinker the rubbish theory that they are poor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stop Giving Beggars Small, Dirty Money - Alfa Chemistry Tells Nigerians (Video) / Nelson Mandela's Grave / 13 Powerful Ways To Transform Yourself For The New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.