Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Please Recommend An After Shave - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Recommend An After Shave (25371 Views)

Why You Shouldn’t Shave Your Pubic Hair / 6 Reasons Why You Should Shave Your Pubic Hair / Can Someone Please Recommend An Effective Blood Tonic For Me (liquid)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2011
why dont use shaving cream, i have never used shaving stick and the cream makes one feel fresh.
Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by Akanniade(m): 11:08pm On Oct 31, 2011
Allow your beard grow for about a month. On your next shave, do not do close shave, just cut normally with an hair clipper. This works very well for me. Lots of black men like close shave, but the truth is, not all skin types are compatible.
Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by fxpro1: 5:15am On Nov 01, 2011
Ah bumps,they are not cool, Early this year,i was having same problem as yours,bumps took over my pretty face.What didn't i use?neomedrol,neopedrol.vaya smooth and what not but non was effective.It was a damn pain in the ass.I couldn't even move around the street without people asking whatup with d shit on ma face,it was dat bad, I cured mine followin dis process
*I didn't shave for like 2 months,just left it like that atleast to get a little break from all the medications
* I shaved with a hair clipper and that was it,,bumps dissappeared. Never shave with a razor and all this shavers around,it irritate the skin and God help you if your skin is as sensitive as mine.
*I ALWAYS shave with a hair clipper though it doesn't give you a very smooth shave but it okay and leaves my face bumpless and i dont think shaving powder is adviseable,i heard they whitening your beard after a long time of use,
My 1 kobo
Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by garbigarba: 6:20pm On Nov 01, 2011
micawber:

[size=20pt]Go 4 Neomedrol +[/size] It's wonderful, though a bit costly.
neomedrol is the real ish, i have tried almost evry method mentioned here except urine, buh if you are short on cash buy neo presol its a cheaper alternative.
Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by zikaengee(f): 7:29am On Nov 02, 2011
Gentleman's pride by forever living will be best for u. u can get it for 2500 naira. i am their distributor. zika4life2001@yahoo.com,thats my email. contact me if u need it
Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by TEEZERO(m): 8:45am On Nov 02, 2011
Is it your chin or back of your head?
If it's the chin, then allow the hair to grow well again. Leave it like a week or two. I use shaving powder and after the clean shave, I Simply apply Rub or Aboniki and that is it.
Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by enuelly: 11:28pm On Nov 21, 2011
This suggestion may seem funny but it truly works. I recommend Aboniki or any other stronger balm. I use it and it works perfectly well, although the fake abound but try and get a good one and you will be glad you did. The menthol heats up any pimples or what have you and open it up for air to get in, then it dries up. For quick result, use not so hot water to clean the infected area after shaving then apply aboniki. Good luck
Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by RandV: 9:17am On Nov 26, 2011
Hi,

I am an internationally trained esthetician with special focus on the Nigerian needs.

Very interesting advises on this trend. Though, I would like provide my scientific perspective, which I believe will help a great deal

What you are experiencing is probably the very common follicultis barbae. Following shaving, the curly hair grows within the hair follicle in a corkscrew manner, growing into the follicle lining (wall).  The follicle opening may also be partially blocked by cellular debris, which increases the frequency of in-grown hairs.  Inflammation and a bacterial or viral  infection frequently results.  Folliculitis barbae is not acne but has similarities to acne (pimples and infections).

Traditional acne products are generally not the most effective products in treating folliculitis.  Folliculitis is generally caused by Staphylococcus bacteria (staph infection) and not by Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes), which causes acne.  If product information does not include mention of this distinction and address the control of Staphylococcus, it is not likely the product(s) will control this bacteria.  Treatment with these products may be ineffectual. As such, effective folliculitis barbae treatment must include removal and control of Staphylococcus.  

Treatment in the AM should follow shaving.  

1. Your instrument should be cleaned with the product, as razors retain bacteria.  
2. Use paper towels for a period of time to dry the face to avoid contamination from a soiled towel.
3. Change pillow cases frequently for a period of time.
4. Continue to use your treatment even after you have gotten results. If treatment is discontinued, folliculitis barbae may reoccur in time.  

Trust this would help you. Please beep me for any further help.

Regards,

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by Tbase2: 1:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
R and V: Hi,

I am an internationally trained esthetician with special focus on the Nigerian needs.

Very interesting advises on this trend. Though, I would like provide my scientific perspective, which I believe will help a great deal

What you are experiencing is probably the very common follicultis barbae. Following shaving, the curly hair grows within the hair follicle in a corkscrew manner, growing into the follicle lining (wall).  The follicle opening may also be partially blocked by cellular debris, which increases the frequency of in-grown hairs.  Inflammation and a bacterial or viral  infection frequently results.  Folliculitis barbae is not acne but has similarities to acne (pimples and infections).

Traditional acne products are generally not the most effective products in treating folliculitis.  Folliculitis is generally caused by Staphylococcus bacteria (staph infection) and not by Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes), which causes acne.  If product information does not include mention of this distinction and address the control of Staphylococcus, it is not likely the product(s) will control this bacteria.  Treatment with these products may be ineffectual. As such, effective folliculitis barbae treatment must include removal and control of Staphylococcus.  

Treatment in the AM should follow shaving.  

1. Your instrument should be cleaned with the product, as razors retain bacteria.  
2. Use paper towels for a period of time to dry the face to avoid contamination from a soiled towel.
3. Change pillow cases frequently for a period of time.
4. Continue to use your treatment even after you have gotten results. If treatment is discontinued, folliculitis barbae may reoccur in time.  

Trust this would help you. Please beep me for any further help.

Regards,
pls help me pls what kind of cream would you consider skineals as have been using it for a here and am now begining to notice some decolaration in my face my both eyes side are now black the funny thing his i notice i was getting fairer when i started using and i cound'nt stop cause it made me better looking but now everything has gone to the gutters pls help pls
Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by ryom(m): 7:20pm On Apr 13, 2013
Try bump patrol, don't know if available in Nigeria but I buy mine in the UK. About £4 a bottle but will last 2-3months.
Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by Busbar(m): 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2013
Frendys: Tsan has given you a good insight.

But let me add that the shown powders are in different categories. Because of your coarse hair and your skin that is already battered due to treatment with all manners of shaving materials I will advise you as follows:

Choose medium or full strength shaving podwer and follow instruction

Shave in the evening when you are not sweating. Very important
Leave the cream on your face for some 5-7 minutes
Dab your face with clean water and scrape off with spatula ( I use only plastic material)
Wash your face gently and thoroughly with water (not warm). Don't exert so much pressure on your face while washing!
Leave the water on your face to dry. Don't use towel to wipe or clean sahven area.
Never touch your shaven face unless you have washed your hands with soap and they are dry

DON'T APPLY ANY AFTERSHAVE LOTION AT ALL, ESP THE ONES THAT CONTAIN ALCOHOL!
NEVER WASH YOUR SHAVED FACE WITH SOAP IMMEDIATEDLY YOU SHAVED NOR ALLOW SOAP FOAM TOUCH IT
NEVER USE SPONGE TO WASH THE PLACE EITHER. DON'T WIPE WITH TOWEL AND NO FACE POWDER!

Bathe with cold water before you retire to bed, washing the face again with plenty of water.
Once more allow your face to dry naturally without touching it. Brush your teeth gently after you shave. There is a secret to that.

I shave twice in a week.

When you follow the above regimen for some 2-3 weeks your face would have been healed

I am talking from my personal experience which you don't buy in the market. My one sure cent to you. grin
Frendys: Tsan has given you a good insight.

But let me add that the shown powders are in different categories. Because of your coarse hair and your skin that is already battered due to treatment with all manners of shaving materials I will advise you as follows:

Choose medium or full strength shaving podwer and follow instruction

Shave in the evening when you are not sweating. Very important
Leave the cream on your face for some 5-7 minutes
Dab your face with clean water and scrape off with spatula ( I use only plastic material)
Wash your face gently and thoroughly with water (not warm). Don't exert so much pressure on your face while washing!
Leave the water on your face to dry. Don't use towel to wipe or clean sahven area.
Never touch your shaven face unless you have washed your hands with soap and they are dry

DON'T APPLY ANY AFTERSHAVE LOTION AT ALL, ESP THE ONES THAT CONTAIN ALCOHOL!
NEVER WASH YOUR SHAVED FACE WITH SOAP IMMEDIATEDLY YOU SHAVED NOR ALLOW SOAP FOAM TOUCH IT
NEVER USE SPONGE TO WASH THE PLACE EITHER. DON'T WIPE WITH TOWEL AND NO FACE POWDER!

Bathe with cold water before you retire to bed, washing the face again with plenty of water.
Once more allow your face to dry naturally without touching it. Brush your teeth gently after you shave. There is a secret to that.

I shave twice in a week.

When you follow the above regimen for some 2-3 weeks your face would have been healed

I am talking from my personal experience which you don't buy in the market. My one sure cent to you. grin
Please help me with advice, i use after shave after using shaving powder to shave and my skin discolored to black. Help a brother.
Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by chinedu31: 8:31am On Oct 26, 2013
adino: @Ismail 007
and
@castrokins
I do not know if you are the same people, but as a friend, I will let you know about a lasting solution to this fiasco (the pics of the infection in the post). try AB Bumps their numbers are 08033004726, 07057162020. I saw their ad some years back and with what i saw I think they know what they do. i saved their numbers since then in case of any eventuality like this one.
Check their site out.
www.abbumps.com/

my friend shut up ,AB bumps are criminal . they collect all my money and worsen bumps , am regretting why i went there for treatment , now my bumps have grown so big now, i paid a huge amount of money and they promise me that it wont come back again . only God in heaven can curse them for the fake business they are doing . government should look into that they business ,.they promise me that it wil not come back again but now is very bigger than before,, oooooo my life misreable
Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by alexius15: 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
ryom: Try bump patrol, don't know if available in Nigeria but I buy mine in the UK. About £4 a bottle but will last 2-3months.
. Hmmmmmmm, I won't recommend this even for my worse enemy. Bumpbs Patrol will only take your problem to a higher level. I have used it, Infact it's the genesis of my problem. I have used Neo Presol and Neo Medrol too. Medrol is better but not too wonderful always. A friend advised me to use 'gentleman's pride' I think I will try that. Plssssss... never touch Bumps Patrol abeg ooo.
Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by ryom(m): 11:55am On Aug 03, 2014
@alexius15, I wont carpet blanket a product because it did not suit you. I think the op can always try it to see if it works for him. Ive used the product for about 10 years and happy with it.
Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by alexius15: 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2014
I wont carpet blanket a product because it did not suit you. I think the op can always try it to see if it works for him. Ive used the product for about 10 years and happy with it.

@ryom, I heard you sir. But pls bear in mind, even the times I used it, I shared with my friends because we had everything in common, all of us had the same problem!

@OP, and. Anyone else who cares, please don't ever try this product called Bumps Patrol abeg, if you no wan make your jaw turn to German floor grin rather, you may go for Neo Medrol or GentleMan's pride.
Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by ritapearl(f): 12:30am On Sep 06, 2014
Try forever gentleman's pride.
Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by OCcool: 3:20am On Nov 18, 2016
sesandavid:
I was introduced to a local solution few weeks ago that proves to be far more effective than all medications that I have been using, here is it: Buy lime (the bitter tiny ones) slice it open and insert a piece of alum, and then rub it with the lime on the affected part, it is better done in the night, repeat it for about four times and your skin will come glittering like that of a baby.
Please bro, when you apply the lime + alum, for how long do you leave it on the skin before washing it off?
Re: Please Recommend An After Shave by Nobody: 2:05am On Jun 02, 2019
Classic dude Adore the use of gradient and avatar! undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Interesting Things About Water Birth / Gaining Weight / Anambra COVID-19 Index Case Tests Negative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.