Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,367 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 (63039 Views)

See The Fish I Bought With My Hard-Earned ₦1k / See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana / Food Items I Bought With 78K - Man Shares Shocking Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by steeltrust: 11:04pm On Dec 02, 2023
4gunners:
Wishing you the best. Truck driving is quite attractive but for the long hours someone has to be on the road. I’m in Tx btw.
I know bro but it lucrative
I just needed a career I won’t have to stress my brain like those in tech and at same time earn high. Send me your number on my mail let connect

Nice to meet you boss man
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Truths9ja: 11:04pm On Dec 02, 2023
sukkot:
oh i get the message. can you afford to pay london rents ?
yes, if I’m working there now. Why won’t I afford it. USA 🇺🇸 is even paying more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Donaldoni: 11:05pm On Dec 02, 2023
You did not remove house rent, taxes and other bills from that 10 pounds minimum wage

Minimum wage earners(drivers, gatemen etc) own their houses and drive their cars in Nigeria

And when dull*rds are referring to minimum wage, they always assume it's the whole take-home package. No! It's just the basic salary!!

And now there is an additional 35k wage award for all and sundry.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Mrnairalandd: 11:05pm On Dec 02, 2023
I just dey laugh at the foolish Nigerians who are being misled by their fellow UK based dumbass… If you like, resign or dump your business and travel abroad, my brother, you go suffer.

They don’t listen until they get to Europe/America and realise things are not the way it seems. If God want to punish you, you ll travel with your wife and children, this ll mark the end of your destiny. Your powerful village people have finally nail your destiny in the mud grin.

Let me give you 1000% insight into what await you, if it is easy like your fellow dumbass with Lidl or Asda bread(That bread in the trolley taste like Igi Afara), it is not like your usual nice Agege bread. Nigerians business in Europe/America make their own Agege bread which taste similar to the one here in Nigeria. Nigeria Agege loaf of bread cost you 3 x more that what you pay in Nigeria. This is a typical example of what those lying bastards don’t tell you until you get there and find out why 90% Africans hardly go back home. If 80% of people abroad are successful like they make you believe, African airports ll be filled with Africans arriving from Europe /America on a daily basis but sadly opposite is the case.

Let me quickly go back to those who bring their wives and kids, if you going to renew your wife and children(assuming 2kids) visa at every 2yrs and half, it ll cost you guys about £15,000 including lawyer fees. You ll do this for 10years before you r qualify for permanent residence. Did they tell you this grin?

Let’s go back those chalks(tasteless) called foods in the trolley, that packaged chicken you see inside that trolley are chicken breed with chemical so they break up like Corcoran/cooked yam or new yam grin, they are absolutely tasteless compare to what you r used to here in Nigeria. Here is d truth again about chicken, you can get African hard chicken with the same taste like what you r used to in Africa but one is £4 unless you go for those ones that look like prematured foetuses for £3. My brother, this is just 1% of what they r hiding from you …

Just before i go, let me open your eyes with this, if you want to live one room Bariga/Okokomiko/Orile/Abule Egba/Mushin life, it dey, just like the Op but make sure you come with a lot of tissues and soap to self-service grin for years cos nobody ll date you in that state. However, you ll get a room for £700(cheapest), food, transport and other bills are excluded oooo before you blame me…

The only person i ll advise to go and hustle abroad are those who are used to unrefined poverty(proper penury) here in Africa but if you are average guys, chai! You ll cry and cry ooo grin

If you want to be called uncle London/America grin by your nieces and nephews without money/house home and abroad after 30yrs in abroad, my guy, look well oooo. Don’t join your predecessors who r trying to lure you to join their association in Europe/America.

Peace

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by jogojogo: 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2023
Westchester:
Just saw this on Social Media, bro we’re living in hell in this country, just imagine what someone bought with only an hour’s job wage undecided cry
All these just for ten pound sterling shocked
I just bought that tasteless bread from Lidl in hull 2 hours ago for 0.75 pounds

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by richiemcgold: 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2023
cococandy:
But the point is to compare hour to hour or month to month because comparing money to money will seem like an unfair comparison

I want to believe you didn't read my comment entirely
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by nairalanda1(m): 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2023
sukkot:
oh i get the message. can you afford to pay london rents ?

I doubt he can

London rents are on average 2000 pounds a month. (For comparison, Manchester is 1117 pounds a month, Liverpool is 884 pounds a month, overall for UK is 1279 PER Month).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by IjebuWarrior: 11:07pm On Dec 02, 2023
Edipet:
bro, am so broke at the moment. What kind of work do you do, please I need a job

Job plenty for Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Abia, and co... go there you go find ready made job. grin

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by sukkot: 11:07pm On Dec 02, 2023
Truths9ja:
yes, if I’m working there now. Why won’t I afford it. USA 🇺🇸 is even paying more.
so why is it that in london like 20 naijas share a 3 bedroom flat so they can afford rent ?
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Solofresh2: 11:08pm On Dec 02, 2023
sukkot:
ehn now the walking dead. zombie apocalypse. they are now controlled by the demonic realm. grin
hmmm can we term a Taurus Moon a walking dead
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by nairalanda1(m): 11:09pm On Dec 02, 2023
Mrnairalandd:
I just dey laugh at the foolish Nigerians who are being misled by their fellow UK based dumbass… If you like, resign or dump your business and travel abroad, my brother, you go suffer.

They don’t listen until they get to Europe/America and realise things are not the way it seems. If God want to punish you, you ll travel with your wife and children, this ll mark the end of your destiny. Your powerful village people have finally nail your destiny in the mud grin.

Let me give you 1000% insight into what await you, if it is easy like your fellow dumbass with Lidl or Asda bread(That bread in the trolley taste like Igi Afara), it is not like your usual nice Agege bread. Nigerians business in Europe/America make their own Agege bread which taste similar to the one here in Nigeria. Nigeria Agege loaf of bread cost you 3 x more that what you pay in Nigeria. This is a typical example of what those lying bastards don’t tell you until you get there and find out why 90% Africans hardly go back home. If 80% of people abroad are successful like they make you believe, African airports ll be filled with Africans arriving from Europe /America on a daily basis but sadly opposite is the case.

Let me quickly go back to those who bring their wives and kids, if you going to renew your wife and children(assuming 2kids) visa at every 2yrs and half, it ll cost you guys about £15,000 including lawyer fees. You ll do this for 10years before you r qualify for permanent residence. Did they tell you this grin?

Let’s go back to what is that trolley, the children you see that trolley are breed with chemical so they break up like cooked yam and absolutely tasteless compare to what you r used to here in Nigeria. Here is d truth again about chicken, you can get African hard chicken with the same taste like what you r used to in Africa but one is £4 unless you go for those ones that look like prematured foetuses for £3. Can you see it is not the true picture they painted up there.

Just before i go, let me open your eyes with this, if you want to live one room Bariga/Okokomiko/Orile/Abule Egba/Mushin life, it dey, just like the Op but make sure you come grin with a lot of tissues and soap to self-service for years cos nobody ll date you in that state. However, you ll get a room for £700(cheapest), food, transport and other bills.

The only person i ll advise to go and hustle abroad are those who are used to unrefined poverty(proper penury) here in Africa but if you are average guys, chai! You ll cry and cry ooo grin

If you want to be called uncle London/America grin by your nieces and nephews without money/house home and abroad after 30yrs in abroad, my guy, look well oooo. Don’t join your predecessors who r trying to lure you to join their association in Europe/America.

Peace

Dem go come tell you how you are defending tinubu government now... cheesy

Life abroad is not easy. I know people who live abroad. It takes them years before they can say 'I have arrived'.

P.S By the way, there is nothing wrong with Lidl or Asda bread or stuff. Even UK folk earning decent salaries shop there to save costs there.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by femi4: 11:09pm On Dec 02, 2023
thatigboman:
and apart from food that is expensive in Nigeria, every other thing is cheap?
You pay tax and the government uses for the good of the citizens, is that a bad thing? Don't we pay tax in Nigeria? Prepaid meter without light from day to day, those without meter get estimated billings every month even though their is no light. Fuel and gas are equally expensive in Nigeria. Don't even talk of housing, that one cost is on another in Nigeria. Health care horrible, education horrible, social infrastructure in comatose. Lagos to Abuja by air is N230,000. I remember going to UK from Abuja in 2010, the return ticket was N170,000, now it's about 1.3M
You fail to comprehend the message. UK isn't cheap, things ain't easy there contrary to the narrative
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by jogojogo: 11:09pm On Dec 02, 2023
Mrnairalandd:

Let’s go back to what is that trolley, the children you see that trolley are breed with chemical so they break up like cooked yam and absolutely tasteless compare to what you r used to here in Nigeria. Here is d truth again about chicken, you can get African hard chicken with the same taste like what you r used to in Africa but one is £4 unless you go for those ones that look like prematured foetuses for £3. Can you see it is not the true picture they painted up there.

Just before i go, let me open your eyes with this, if you want to live one room Bariga/Okokomiko/Orile/Abule Egba/Mushin life, it dey, just like the Op but make sure you come grin with a lot of tissues and soap to self-service for years cos nobody ll date you in that state. However, you ll get a room for £700(cheapest), food, transport and other bills.

Peace

Dont listen to this guy I swear.
I arrived in UK August this year. Its the best desicion I ever took.
If UK is that bad why is the net migration to UK going on the rise year on year?
Here you see people from Iran, South African, Nigeria, Poland , Asians etc
My 1 hour wage can take care of my meal for at least 2 days....How many people are coming to Migeria as immigrants? If people are running to UK, then there's something pleasant about the place. How many people dey go Russia, Latvia etc
If you are actually in the UK please return to Nigeria and I will take you serios else close your mouth and stop spreading lies

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by sulakishop(m): 11:10pm On Dec 02, 2023
I will know if it's true next year
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by sukkot: 11:10pm On Dec 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

I doubt he can

London rents are on average 2000 pounds a month. (For comparison, Manchester is 1117 pounds a month, Liverpool is 884 pounds a month, overall for UK is 1279 PER Month).
these gastronomically inclined maniacs come here thinking the uk is only about food .
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by nairalanda1(m): 11:12pm On Dec 02, 2023
sukkot:
these gastronomically inclined maniacs come here thinking the uk is only about food .

No, it is about paying all sorts of costs and costs and costs.

I have a senior colleague who won't japa to the UK because as he put it 'How can i be paying so much in tax?'
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Adolfnigeria: 11:13pm On Dec 02, 2023
@richiemcgold stop chatting shit

You cannot get such in Nigeria. Just the chicken alone. How much is a chicken alone in Nigeria ?

richiemcgold:
£10 should be around N20k.
You can also get these same provisions in Nigeria at such price.
But for you to earn such amount in Nigeria, you have to work for like 2.5 weeks (approximately).
Minimum wage in Nigeria is N30k per month.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by nairalanda1(m): 11:13pm On Dec 02, 2023
jogojogo:

Dint lusten to this guy I swear.
I arrived in UK August this year. Its the best desicion I ever took.

Because you probably had the money or skills to take you there..

You might change your mind when you start raising a family, unless you want to be single for life.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by femi4: 11:13pm On Dec 02, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Let it be like that in Nigeria I don't think anyone will complain of hardship
They will, do you know that over there you don't get paid if you don't work even if you're sick
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:15pm On Dec 02, 2023
femi4:
Did she tell you she pays rent monthly for as much as 1000 pounds....dey play

Outside food, everything is damn expensive
Council tax, tv licence, power n gas bill are recurring expenditure that dem no born you well make you skip a month

Actually, that is not totally true o.
I didn't pay Council tax for my entire first year as I was exempt. Now I pay £100 / month which is shared between my partner and I as we both work. Around London, council tax is higher usually around £150 to £200 per household and they earn the highest so that's child's play to them.

Gas, electric bills? Lol, are NOT expensive at all. All Is paid in my current rent for e.g. - gas, electric, garbage, WiFi and even cleaning less than £700 a month. We only pay £5 for the washer and dryer per laundry day and they are so huge, u can pack 2 weeks worth of laundry sef and spend that every 2 weeks. For households bringing in an average of £4k monthly after tax, that's nothing na. TV license isn't compulsory as we haven't paid that at all. My best friend and her hubby pay £7 monthly. Very reasonable.

Case in point, a place called Leamington Spa which is viewed as expensive for a suburb in West Midlands, all bills is less than £300 per household. Most water bills dont go above £15 sef. And such people renting there (upper middle whites) earn between £30k and £60k annually on average, again very affordable for them.

Brand new clothes, bags, shoes and electronics are also not crazy at all. The shopping centres are always packed full with people shopping like crazy. Trust me, these people love their fashion...and pets! cheesy Remember most produce locally.

Trust me, you can save real good here within 3 months even on a starter graduate salary of £22k annually.

fastseo:

Dont let that deceive you... With a week or 5days work you covered your rent.
Bless you! Most don't believe it. Sometimes,I think some Nigerians over hype these things so folks back home don't ask them for money or are just being wicked so they don't join them.

Until I came, a close fam that was lamenting since, I just found out owns 2 homes. One completely mortgage free.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by fastseo: 11:15pm On Dec 02, 2023
Cruise777:
Rent and utilities na the Koko, not food

Even homeless people get free food

Dont let that deceive you... With a week or 5days work you covered your rent.

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Adolfnigeria: 11:15pm On Dec 02, 2023
@Cruise777

If you are not flamboyant, you will very easily afford rent and bills, even at a minimum wage job. This is just an hr worth of working. What of the remaining 8 hrs a day.

Just the kilo of chicken alone, can a minimum wage earner afford such in Nigeria ?

Cruise777:
Rent and utilities na the Koko, not food

Even homeless people get free food

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Truths9ja: 11:18pm On Dec 02, 2023
sukkot:
so why is it that in london like 20 naijas share a 3 bedroom flat so they can afford rent ?
get out joor, Na lies and propaganda here joor. So someone that’s paying £800 per month for house rent is among the 20 naijas that’s sharing 3 bed room together abi. Dey play 😆😆😆😆

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by sukkot: 11:18pm On Dec 02, 2023
Solofresh2:
hmmm can we term a Taurus Moon a walking dead
could be or not. is the sun sign receptive to the light and is their partner the light ? in fact thats the perfect placement for your woman if as a man you are a sage. you want a woman willing to be receptive to your wisdom, an earth woman. a woman willing to be the moon receiving its light from you the sun.

The point is it is not a bad thing for your wife to be a zombie but you have to lead her well and righteously. That would be the perfect union. A zombie wife and a righteous sage lol
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:18pm On Dec 02, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Taah, I guess you have not meet people.

That guy's salary is peanut bro...

No way he can be in the top 0.005% of the entire population.
You think 6 figures, probably mid of it i.e 500k is a very big salary? LoL, bros na base on what you know and people you deal with go make you reason am say na one special payment.
That's the problem with you guys! when you or some few people you know are earning fantastic salaries, you have the tendency of thinking that is what majority of others also earn, and you then go on to mistake it for the standard or average.

Maybe it is the cars and mansions of the looting or embezzling public/civil servants that is confusing and deceiving you

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by fineberry(m): 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2023
illicit:
Waiting for someone to blame Tinubu

Na your father make we come blame abi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Edipet(m): 11:20pm On Dec 02, 2023
IjebuWarrior:

Job plenty for Anambra, Imo, Enugu, Abia, and co... go there you go find ready made job. grin
ok.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Mrnairalandd: 11:20pm On Dec 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

Dem go come tell you how you are defending tinubu government now... cheesy

Life abroad is not easy. I know people who live abroad. It takes them years before they can say 'I have arrived'.

P.S By the way, there is nothing wrong with Lidl or Asda bread or stuff. Even UK folk earning decent salaries shop there to save costs there.

Nothing is wrong with their bread except it tastes like a wood. The British eat that shit cos that is what they grow up eating(no choice) unlike we Nigerians who are used to our very delicious and tasty Agege bread with beans or fried eggs…

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Karnice600: 11:21pm On Dec 02, 2023
marlow1962:
Nigerian minimum wage can't even buy their local bag of rice (what a very big shame).
Nigerian citizen will continue living in hell until they stop praising their slave masters, but for now let tribalism do his thing, when everybody is done insulting themselves over these punks politicians who don't give a Bleep about you, them we can talk business.

Na your slave masters force you to vote Buhari and Tinubu for the benefits of retrogressive living?
See you and common sense like night and day.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by sukkot: 11:21pm On Dec 02, 2023
Truths9ja:
get out joor, Na lies and propaganda here joor. So someone that’s paying £800 per month for house rent is among the 20 naijas that’s sharing 3 bed room together abi. Dey play 😆😆😆😆
its a reality bro. Back in the day when I lived in Tottenham it was like 20 naija guys crashing in that house. Lmaooo. Every Nigerian just found their way to that house and crashed
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by marlow1962(m): 11:22pm On Dec 02, 2023
Karnice600:

Na your slave masters force you to vote Buhari and Tinubu for the benefits of retrogressive living?
See you and common sense like night and day.
Pls try to cultivate the habit of reading and understanding.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by jogojogo: 11:23pm On Dec 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

I doubt he can

What kind of apartment is this please?
You people will tell half truth misleading people with barefaced lies
I lived in the UK and I don't even pay upto 500 pounds all inclusive for rent

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Animal We Killed During Night Hunting / Fisherman Catches A Shark In Bayelsa Community (Pictures) / I Found Cockroach Inside Food I Got From A Buka (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.