Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 (63042 Views)

See The Fish I Bought With My Hard-Earned ₦1k / See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana / Food Items I Bought With 78K - Man Shares Shocking Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by nairalanda1(m): 11:24pm On Dec 02, 2023
jogojogo:

What kind of apartment is this please?
You people will tell half truth misleading people with barefaced lies
I lived in the UK and I don't even pay upto 500 pounds all inclusive for rent

1.It is an average....not what you paid,

2.Where did you live in the UK anyway? Which year.?
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:24pm On Dec 02, 2023
femi4:
They will, do you know that over there you don't get paid if you don't work even if you're sick

Bro I've lived in the UK life there is far better here in Nigeria. The problem I had was that I felt home sick cos non of my family member was there. The conditions there are far better. When u go to hospital u get free treatment. I get at least 150 pound a week after tax. If you want to be useless u can and if want to work u get paid very well depending on ur job.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by nairalanda1(m): 11:25pm On Dec 02, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Bro I've lived in the UK life there is far better here in Nigeria. The problem I had was that I felt home sick cos non of my family member was there. The conditions there are far better. [b]When u go to hospital u get free treatmen[/b]t. I get at least 150 pound a week after tax. If you want to be useless u can and if want to work u get paid very well depending on ur job.

Because UK people pay heavy duty tax for the purpose.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Mrnairalandd: 11:25pm On Dec 02, 2023
jogojogo:

Dont listen to this guy I swear.
I arrived in UK August this year. Its the best desicion I ever took.
If UK is that bad why is the net migration to UK going on the rise year on year?
Here you see people from Iran, South African, Nigeria, Poland , Asians etc
My 1 hour wage can take care of my meal for at least 2 days....How many people are coming to Migeria as immigrants? If people are running to UK, then there's something pleasant about the place. How many people dey go Russia, Latvia etc
If you are actually in the UK please return to Nigeria and I will take you serios else close your mouth and stop spreading lies

If your life in UK is good as you claimed, i am coming to UK next week for two weeks visit, i ll like to pay you a visit. Please don’t say no… Let’s go out and have fun. Deal!

Send me your details. I ll get in touch.

3 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by sukkot: 11:25pm On Dec 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

No, it is about paying all sorts of costs and costs and costs.

I have a senior colleague who won't japa to the UK because as he put it 'How can i be paying so much in tax?'
it’s a hamster wheel of bills bro. You can’t get out of it. I mean you can compromise your quality of living to be able to save eg share apartments with people or live in studio flats etc but if you want to live like a proper naija big man ? You better have a job paying 200k per annum and above .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by AllDModsAreMaad: 11:26pm On Dec 02, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

That's the problem with you guys! when you or some few people you know are earning fantastic salaries, you have the tendency of thinking that is what majority of others also earn, and you then go on to mistake it for the standard or average.

May it is cars and mansions of the looting or embezzling public/civil servants that is confusing and deceiving you

I guess you're quoting the wrong person.
Check the comment I responded to and read my response to him, I was even telling him to keep qui et if he has no meaningful contribution to make and allow those with empathy to comment.

The money aspect only came up because he feels since he earn six digit say him na the richest, so I tried to humble him by letting him know his salary is what some spend weekly or some make daily.

Also read my first response to the guy that mentioned the six figures salary.

Try to understand a comment before responding please.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by jogojogo: 11:27pm On Dec 02, 2023
vivaciousvivi:

Actually, that is not totally true o.
I didn't pay Council tax for my entire first year as I was exempt. Now I pay £100 / month which is shared between my partner and I as we both work. Around London, council tax is higher usually around £150 to £200 per household and they earn the highest so that's child's play to them.

Gas, electric bills? Lol, are NOT expensive at all. All Is paid in my current rent for e.g. - gas, electric, garbage, WiFi and even cleaning less than £700 a month. We only pay £5 for the washer and dryer per laundry day and they are so huge, u can pack 2 weeks worth of laundry sef and spend that every 2 weeks. For households bringing in an average of £4k monthly after tax, that's nothing na. TV license isn't compulsory as we haven't paid that at all. My best friend and her hubby pay £7 monthly. Very reasonable.

Case in point, a place called Leamington Spa which is viewed as expensive for a suburb in West Midlands, all bills is less than £300 per household. Most water bills dont go above £15 sef. And such people renting there (upper middle whites) earn between £30k and £60k annually on average, again very affordable for them.

Brand new clothes, bags, shoes and electronics are also not crazy at all. The shopping centres are always packed full with people shopping like crazy. Trust me, these people love their fashion...and pets! cheesy Remember most produce locally.

Trust me, you can save real good here within 3 months even on a starter graduate salary of £22k annually.

Bless you! Most don't believe it. Sometimes,I think some Nigerians over hype these things so folks back home don't ask them for money or are just being wicked so they don't join them.

Until I came, a close fam that was lamenting since, I just found out owns 2 homes. One completely mortgage free.

Don't mind all those liars telling about UK they never been to. Whatever the cost of living here, its not heavy on your earnings

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Truths9ja: 11:27pm On Dec 02, 2023
sukkot:
its a reality bro. Back in the day when I lived in Tottenham it was like 20 naija guys crashing in that house. Lmaooo. Every Nigerian just found their way to that house and crashed
😂 so tell me how much they are paying per one. Rent is cheap in Tottenham now. 🤔🤔
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Zico5(m): 11:28pm On Dec 02, 2023
Cruise777:
Rent and utilities na the Koko, not food

Even homeless people get free food
Which one be utilities? Just talk about rent, water and electricity. To me food na koko. If u can eat, your problem is half solved

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Truths9ja: 11:28pm On Dec 02, 2023
jogojogo:

What kind of apartment is this please?
You people will tell half truth misleading people with barefaced lies
I lived in the UK and I don't even pay upto 500 pounds all inclusive for rent
please burst them with truths and fact oooo

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by jogojogo: 11:32pm On Dec 02, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Bro I've lived in the UK life there is far better here in Nigeria. The problem I had was that I felt home sick cos non of my family member was there. The conditions there are far better. When u go to hospital u get free treatment. I get at least 150 pound a week after tax. If you want to be useless u can and if want to work u get paid very well depending on ur job.
Don't mind all those liars
Even eith a job of 2 million a month in Nigeria, I ain't return. I am having it better here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:32pm On Dec 02, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

I guess you're quoting the wrong person.
Check the comment I responded to and read my response to him, I was even telling him to keep qui et if he has no meaningful contribution to make and allow those with empathy to comment.

The money aspect only came up because he feels since he earn six digit say him na the richest, so I tried to humble him by letting him know his salary is what some spend weekly or some make daily.

Also read my first response to the guy that mentioned the six figures salary.

Try to understand a comment before responding please.
Okay

But these guys are sounding insensitive

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Spandau: 11:33pm On Dec 02, 2023
sukkot:
it’s a hamster wheel of bills bro. You can’t get out of it. I mean you can compromise your quality of living to be able to save eg share apartments with people or live in studio flats etc but if you want to live like a proper naija big man ? You better have a job paying 200k per annum and above .

But where is Kadoso Mutairu aka seunmsg? Is it every Saturday that he will be going for NURTW meetings or an Owambe?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by sukkot: 11:34pm On Dec 02, 2023
Truths9ja:
😂 so tell me how much they are paying per one. Rent is cheap in Tottenham now. 🤔🤔
rent is cheap if you have a good job. Like say you are a consultant gynecologist earning 150k a year before tax . After tax you are down to like 80k. You can afford something in the 2500 to 3000 a month range
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:34pm On Dec 02, 2023
jogojogo:

Even eith a job of 2 million a month in Nigeria, I ain't return. I am having it better here
2m job will face constant insecurity threat of kidnapping from hungry angry red eyed fellows in Nigeria
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by sukkot: 11:35pm On Dec 02, 2023
Spandau:

But where is Kadoso Mutairu aka seunmsg? Is it every Saturday that he will be going for NURTW meetings or an Owambe?
hey let that man live lol
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:36pm On Dec 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

Because UK people pay heavy duty tax for the purpose.

The only thing I feel is better here in Nigeria is the weather and good food. You tend to eat junk most times in the uk. Where I stay to nigerian market is like an hour journey aside that UK is way better in all aspect.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by jogojogo: 11:37pm On Dec 02, 2023
Mrnairalandd:

If your life in UK is good as you claimed, i am coming to UK next week for two weeks visit, i ll like to pay you a visit. Please don’t say no… Let’s go out and have fun. Deal!

Send me your details. I ll get in touch.
So how much does it take to go out and have fun?
Fortune right?
I bet you are not in the Uk or you are an illegal immigrant here

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Truths9ja: 11:38pm On Dec 02, 2023
sukkot:
rent is cheap if you have a good job. Like say you are a consultant gynecologist earning 150k a year before tax . After tax you are down to like 80k. You can afford something in the 2500 to 3000 a month range
so you know the truths and you are saying things on contrary. Even if you are studying why working, You will still earn well with decent job. But majorly engaging in digital skills will even pay more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:39pm On Dec 02, 2023
jogojogo:

Where do you stay?
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by jogojogo: 11:42pm On Dec 02, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

The only thing I feel is better here in Nigeria is the weather and good food. You tend to eat junk most times in the uk. Where I stay to nigerian market is like an hour journey aside that UK is way better in all aspect.
I live in Hull very close to the School. We have two Nigerian shop here and you buy those item without knocking your head like when I go to Rumuokoro market in Port Harcourt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by sukkot: 11:43pm On Dec 02, 2023
Truths9ja:
so you know the truths and you are saying things on contrary. Even if you are studying why working, You will still earn well with decent job. But majorly engaging in digital skills will even pay more.
oh brother the truth is never in question. The question is how many 250 thousand pounds per annum jobs are out there ? Even people in the House of Parliament don’t earn that much
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by jogojogo: 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Where do you stay?
A village here they call Hull
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Truths9ja: 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2023
sukkot:
oh brother the truth is never in question. The question is how many 250 thousand pounds per annum jobs are out there ? Even people in the House of Parliament don’t earn that much
what of the players? 🤔🤔🤔🤔
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2023
jogojogo:

I live in Hull very close to the School. We have two Nigerian shop here and you buy those item without knocking your head like when I go to Rumuokoro market in Port Harcourt

Ahh that's cool. I stayed in gloucestershire for a year before moving to kenton, london. Most of my friends were Indian u rarely see nigerians over there. I hope u will attend the carnival in Notting hill its really fun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by sukkot: 11:50pm On Dec 02, 2023
Truths9ja:
what of the players? 🤔🤔🤔🤔
what’s the population of naija football players to naija general population? Minuscule
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Truths9ja: 11:54pm On Dec 02, 2023
sukkot:
what’s the population of naija football players to naija general population? Minuscule
you don’t get my response well. I said what of the players in the uk 🇬🇧 that earned more than £250k per annum you said earlier? I want you to explain well on that.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:55pm On Dec 02, 2023
Panda7:

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, some things are meant to suit ego. Receipts can be altered and edited, besides there was no reason to post and compare it on the internet.

I shop in Lidl and what was posted by OP is true o. Only thing i dont buy is the chicken and onions as I get them from proper Al-Halal shops run by Arabs which are cheaper. The spaghetti I bought last (May 2023) - I got 6 packs and paid 0.30p each then so e don even cost. Pls just go to Lidl store online on Google and check for yourself. I have attached straight from their app for you to comfirm and these are their current leaflet.

The best part is that when you have a clubcard (loyalty card which is free), you even get some discount more at the till!

Not everything that seems too good to be true to you, is now a blatant lie.

sukkot:
that is too expensive for 10 pounds. 10 pounds is 15000 naira. HERE IN NAIJA THIS THE PRICE

bread 800
oil 1500
2 pasta 1000
chicken 3000
potato 1000
butter 1500
2 canned peas 1500
one baked beans 500
TOTAL 10,800 NAIRA. I STILL HAVE 5000 LEFT FOR A BOTTLE OF WINE 4000 AND SUYA 1000

KINI BIG DEAL ?

But are you earning that every HOUR? This analysis is easy to grasp bro. In UK, that's lower than minimum wage per hour. And most work between 20 to 40 hours per week. Now please, do the math.
I think that's what the OP has been trying to state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Smartguyboy(m): 11:57pm On Dec 02, 2023
Westchester:
Just saw this on Social Media, bro we’re living in hell in this country, just imagine what someone bought with only an hour’s job wage undecided cry
All these just for ten pound sterling shocked
There’s more to life than free and cheap food over there the rich understand this that why they make the food cheaper and free so the poor won’t mind anything there are doing .
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by richiemcgold: 11:57pm On Dec 02, 2023
Adolfnigeria:
@richiemcgold stop chatting shit

You cannot get such in Nigeria. Just the chicken alone. How much is a chicken alone in Nigeria ?

A kilo of chicken as of today is N3,500.
BTW, why can't you Nigerians articulate your opinions without throwing banters. Why are we so abusive like this? Haba!
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:58pm On Dec 02, 2023
marlow1962:

Then imagine what a month minimum wage will do, Africa sucks.

Yah it sucks for sure we are not yet ready to build a strong economy

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Mrnairalandd: 11:59pm On Dec 02, 2023
jogojogo:

So how much does it take to go out and have fun?
Fortune right?
I bet you are not in the Uk or you are an illegal immigrant here

You can’t even read… What a dumbass! I said i am coming to UK next week for two weeks, let’s have fun, come to 805 to while away time but got attacked in return.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Animal We Killed During Night Hunting / Fisherman Catches A Shark In Bayelsa Community (Pictures) / I Found Cockroach Inside Food I Got From A Buka (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.