Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules (31805 Views)

UK Considering Tougher Rules As Nigerians Bring Highest Number Of Relatives / EU May Impose Tough Visa Rules On Nigeria Over Illegal Migration / US-Iran Face-Off: Tougher Screening Awaits Nigerian Travellers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by erniok(m): 7:17am On Dec 05, 2023
SSpeter:
They did not turn a blind eye, they cannot prove the money is not yours.
They can. Canada for example, if there's lump sum without narration and your relation to the sender of funds is in doubt, it's red flag. UK is being lenient because of education tourism.

2 Likes

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by obynocute(m): 7:19am On Dec 05, 2023
erniok:

I do think it applies to one that already have a visa moreover, it's yet to come into effect.

Thanks, meaning as at the moment, they can bring their dependants.
Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by SSpeter(m): 7:22am On Dec 05, 2023
erniok:

They can. Canada for example, if there's lump sum without narration and your relation to the sender of funds is in doubt, it's red flag. UK is being lenient because of education tourism.
what if the inflow was properly narrated and the source well explained?

1 Like

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by Rilwayne001: 7:22am On Dec 05, 2023
SSpeter:
5k a month in the UK, is a whole lot, the first car I bought in the UK was a used Mercedes for 2,900 my rent was 1k a month, my feeding and all other utilities including insurance etc back then was 500pounds. Now imagine working and your monthly salary can get you a good car your rent and all your bills with about 600pounds to spare monthly....that is a good pay

Yeah it is.
Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by erniok(m): 7:24am On Dec 05, 2023
obynocute:

Thanks, meaning as at the moment, they can bring their dependants.
Yes, that's what the news implies.

1 Like

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by erniok(m): 7:25am On Dec 05, 2023
SSpeter:
what if the inflow was properly narrated and the source well explained?
Then it can fly. If you are in the POF industry, you will understand my position.
Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by SSpeter(m): 7:31am On Dec 05, 2023
erniok:

Then it can fly. If you are in the POF industry, you will understand my position.
I have a thorough knowledge of banking and have provided advisory services to banks on cross-border payments and remittances, transaction banking services and settlement systems

2 Likes

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by erniok(m): 7:35am On Dec 05, 2023
SSpeter:
I have a thorough knowledge of banking and have provided advisory services to banks on cross-border payments and remittances, transaction banking services and settlement systems
You obviously read me wrong. I meant my stance that they already know about POF but since it brings the mullah to their economy, they turned a blind eye to it.

1 Like

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by Dullboi: 7:37am On Dec 05, 2023
Guys is it after tax or before tax ?
Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by SSpeter(m): 7:39am On Dec 05, 2023
erniok:

You obviously read me wrong. I meant my stance that they already know about POF but since it brings the mullah to their economy, they turned a blind eye to it.
I did not misconstrue your statement. It is not because it "brings in mullah" they know about it but they cannot prove it. If they are able to prove that your POF is fake, your Visa will be rejected accompanied with a ban.

1 Like

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by hansomb: 7:39am On Dec 05, 2023
This is a welcome development. In my life I have never dreamed of working in another man's land. I rather work hard here, then travel out, enjoy myself and come back. I equate working abroad to a kind of slavery mentality stuff.

1 Like

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by Rilwayne001: 7:58am On Dec 05, 2023
Dullboi:
Guys is it after tax or before tax ?

After tax definitely.

Sponsored jobs are usually PAYE.

1 Like

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by thunderbabs: 8:07am On Dec 05, 2023
Nigerians go bombard their healthcare with arumoje certification to enter...

Way dey always dey for Naija pple. Dey no dey give up

1 Like

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by Blitzking: 8:21am On Dec 05, 2023
Lukepeter:

Shey na only Nigerians dey travel go there, rest.
the Indians.. Pakistanis and Nigerian all go there for e onomic reasons but was more interested in Nigerians...many elite elderly Nigerians schooled in the UK.. and they all returned to Nigeria immediately after studying to take up political..legal..Administrative ..lecturing and even medical roles when the country was still fresh.

1 Like

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by Ingriid(f): 8:21am On Dec 05, 2023
erniok:

Some of you can't argue intelligently without sounding condescending. If knowledge equates wealth professors would be the richest.
Done talk with folk like you.

You don't have to win every argument. Let this one slide...

Have a happy day!

1 Like

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by femi4: 8:21am On Dec 05, 2023
erniok:
Is the £38,700 earning monthly or annually?
Annual

It's too small
Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by OlawaleBammie: 8:24am On Dec 05, 2023
erniok:

Some of you can't argue intelligently without sounding condescending. If knowledge equates wealth professors would be the richest.
Done talk with folk like you.
wetin we dey argue wey u dey talk bigbig English??

Let us stop casting our secrets u say no that it doesn't need anymore since we have cast some in the back
Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by BigDawsNet: 8:24am On Dec 05, 2023
Realbuzzing:
Hope this does not apply for someone applying for Student Visa

Student route is still wide open for prospective students..

Tho.. you can't come with family unless you coming for PhD

If you can meet up with the high exchanged rate... den I think you good to go...

If you wanna go... I suggest u do it quick before they scrap the 2years post study visa... tho it's still on now

1 Like

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by femi4: 8:26am On Dec 05, 2023
badoh:

You need to stop making public some of these things people do to beat the system. No be only Nigerians deh this forum. Our inability to control what we say on the social media is why UK govt are getting info about what Nigerians do migrate to their country.
They know already, they have database. They only grant interviews to confirm what they already know and act when it's seriously affecting them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by Azeez95: 8:31am On Dec 05, 2023
If Them Like Make them raise to anywhere they like, I trust Nigerian
Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by aspabay(m): 8:32am On Dec 05, 2023
You would think Nigerians are the most immigrants, no. We are just loud and make a lot of noise on social media. See today’s paper Dec 5th.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by ucheuzor1(m): 8:35am On Dec 05, 2023
erniok:
Is the £38,700 earning monthly or annually?

That should be annually.

Only less than 10% of the population will earn that monthly

1 Like

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by AbuAeesha: 9:17am On Dec 05, 2023
make everybody sit down for him papa land grin
Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by Indispensable85(m): 9:18am On Dec 05, 2023
I no first send una
Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by Newton2024: 9:21am On Dec 05, 2023
Oritna94:
E don cast for guys who are planning to come. Health care workers are lucky that they are exempted.
But overseas care workers will no longer be allowed to bring dependents—that is, their partners and children.

1 Like

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by Sleekfingers: 9:22am On Dec 05, 2023
badoh:

You need to stop making public some of these things people do to beat the system. No be only Nigerians deh this forum. Our inability to control what we say on the social media is why UK govt are getting info about what Nigerians do migrate to their country.

They already know......you think their people working in their embassies in Nigeria, are just there to issue Visa?
They gather information and even pay some Nigerians for updates.

2 Likes

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by wrongnumber: 9:24am On Dec 05, 2023
Oritna94:
E don cast for guys who are planning to come. Health care workers are lucky that they are exempted.

You sure sey you read am well?
Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by Sleekfingers: 9:30am On Dec 05, 2023
[quote author=OlawaleBammie post=127322493]He never said they don't know, he said we should stop casting ourselves publicly..

However, how else would they know if not for us running our mouths like tap water...[/quote ]

I believee you know that, they have embassies in Nigeria, their staff socialize in Nigeria.

And lastly, they pay some Nigerians for informations.
Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by OlawaleBammie: 9:34am On Dec 05, 2023
[quote author=Sleekfingers post=127325145][/quote]think well and deep sir..

All these u mentioned still point out that we re running our mouths like tap water, if u don't talk no one will hear you speak..
Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by personal59: 9:35am On Dec 05, 2023
So it means to live conveniently in the UK you must earn nothing less than a 40million a year.

Hmm
Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by Sleekfingers: 9:41am On Dec 05, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
think well and deep sir..

All these u mentioned still point out that we re running our mouths like tap water, if u don't talk no one will hear you speak..

If you like close your mouth. They study the application patterns and other repititions. You think they are fools? They intentionally open their borders.
I usually socialize with some German and French friends who work at the embassy here in Lagos. They talk about visa applications patterns and joke about it.

2 Likes

Re: UK Introduces Tougher Visa Rules by XAUBulls: 9:45am On Dec 05, 2023
Morbeta11:

https://punchng.com/uk-introduces-tougher-visa-rules/
That's impressive... This will curbed the unrestricted migration of unqualified people into the UK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pls Help Me From Transit Visa Wahala Before Chinese Visa Expires in 3days Time / Luxury Buses Banned In Kano State As Traders Lament / Rampaging Camels Cause Accident In Jigawa State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.