Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State (59733 Views)

3 Young Women Who Are Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Rivers State (Photos) / 19 Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood At Okrika Market Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Thundafireseun: 12:39pm On Dec 05, 2023
Beuberry:

Dalu, you aren't a king but a peasant!
Don't bring poverty to me bikonu!

ok

Chat me up when you have any problem
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by rafcrown(m): 12:40pm On Dec 05, 2023
Yoruba land when are you staging your own event.
Brother Taju the mechanic under the tree.
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by winner37(m): 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2023
See fallen breast and they tell me she is a virgin 🤔🤔🤔
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by TRAPLORD13: 12:47pm On Dec 05, 2023
Girls wey their Boooobs don fall u dey call virgin.dey play
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by IjebuWarrior: 12:55pm On Dec 05, 2023
Okoro Savages as usual! cool
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Ehmmah588(m): 1:01pm On Dec 05, 2023
illicit:
Nothing is sacred anymore

Must it be televised?
yes....its our culture and the pride of every family to display their virgin daughter for the world to see
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by kaymart: 1:04pm On Dec 05, 2023
Shalommy:
Congrats...to them. Chaii... Hardly see pretty girls as virgins..... Why?? undecided
They are pretty.
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by NAC1666: 1:04pm On Dec 05, 2023
money121:
The people of Ogu kingdom in Ogu/Bolo LGA of Rivers State on Saturday celebrated Iria, an ancient ceremony that marks the transition of girls who are usually virgins into womanhood

Young virgins were given certificates by the Ogu council of chiefs for passing through the test.

Iria, is considered a rite of passage for young girls as they reach puberty and begin to mature physically

To pass through the test, the girls must first be virgins which will be checked by women of the town, then they will be kept in a room where they will undergo training on womanhood
Z
After passing through this process, the qualified girls will be given certificates showing that they are now adult ladies ready to marry.
It's an OKRIKA Ijaw ceremony that dates back to the 17th century.
But the two Orange's look like they have fallen

1 Like

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Quebec91(m): 1:12pm On Dec 05, 2023
cheesy
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed. See as the solution to paternity fraud boku for here shocked shocked

Lemme start to press my calculator...

Just to know how it'll cost me from warri to Rivers asap...
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Ehmmah588(m): 1:16pm On Dec 05, 2023
Konjiboii:
Can someone share more insight into okrika culture ,there's not much details online to study with. How do the ladies act. And is the tradition harsh on outsiders married to their ladies.
My people no send if you be wakrikite or u be outsider..But one thing is certain,that is the rites to marry any of these girls....The family spends alot to display their 'pride' in their daughter..So if you want to marry any of these girls,just know you'll spend alot
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by FreeIgboho: 1:30pm On Dec 05, 2023
Pierohandsome:
Let me find my way there to go pick a wife. It is not easy finding full grown girls with big boobs as virgins

You forget this na Naija. Arrangee virgin. Give some pussy/money to the right people, and voila! You have your virgin certificate!
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by membranus: 1:34pm On Dec 05, 2023
Fatbam005:
The way food they disappear for house, these says is alarming . Rinubu and his agents have now gone spiritual

Stealing your foods, or what?
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by omoluka: 1:37pm On Dec 05, 2023
BiGVEEN58:
Nothing reasonable there. This one make sense pass.
I need a gallery of this please shocked
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by CaseSensitive(m): 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2023
What in the name of Ekpenyon is this
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Ebymyk(m): 1:59pm On Dec 05, 2023
Kutunban:
They all look feminine, it's a good thing that they kept their virginity. One of the benefits of marrying a virgin is that your path is her first path.

Marrying a none virgin is not bad but they've been on another path before aligning with yours, if your path has spikes before the roses she will remember previous paths that had Apples before the bitter cola or other paths she's been before, some men who understand spirituality who marry none virgins take them for marital allegiance which if broken it's instant 😭.

Okafor's law of Congo dynamics confirm my assertion too, especially for men who are not spiritually brutal they become victims. Sad reality!
Please what's the spiritual implications of marrying non virgins? Can you give more light to this? I'm eager to learn more about this please...
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Arizoner: 2:34pm On Dec 05, 2023
Dottore:
No one ever gave me Invitation for this kind of "meaningful" event but you'd see IVs flying up and down in WhatsApp group for nonsense events. Ordinary notice I no see.
So sad. Nonsense!!! cry
If you attend this event you can go home with a publicly certified virgin, if her puna is sweet, if she's nice and if you are compatible, marry her if she isn't she will start her body count with you. But even if you don't succeed going home with a virgin you manage a publicly certified non virgin, you will join the band wagon of body counts that she may likely not remember your position.

Most girls in their late 20s and above can sincerely not remember their body counts but they will always lie about it. All in all, How man go do?
I have a virgin for you. she told me she has suck dick b4. will you accept
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by adicius: 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2023
I hope that's not permanent, yuk.
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Kevinjap: 3:09pm On Dec 05, 2023
fx45:
You for don reach Yola since last week if to say na leg you carry dey make the waka. If nobody gree send you money, fvcking hit the road with leg!
So daring, even with car man is not at peace untill we get pass Damaturu.
I've learn better now
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by EthanSly: 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2023
Kevinjap:
Kudos for abstinence, I cover them from virgin hunters.

I'm a student stuck here in Unimaid looking out for a ride to yola.
Since one week now u still stuck for Maiduguri..
Continue
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by BRATISLAVA: 3:47pm On Dec 05, 2023
Dottore:
No one ever gave me Invitation for this kind of "meaningful" event but you'd see IVs flying up and down in WhatsApp group for nonsense events. Ordinary notice I no see.
So sad. Nonsense!!! cry
If you attend this event you can go home with a publicly certified virgin, if her puna is sweet, if she's nice and if you are compatible, marry her if she isn't she will start her body count with you. But even if you don't succeed going home with a virgin you manage a publicly certified non virgin, you will join the band wagon of body counts that she may likely not remember your position.

Most girls in their late 20s and above can sincerely not remember their body counts but they will always lie about it. All in all, How man go do?

This is so funny people forgot to laugh.
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Raxxye(m): 3:49pm On Dec 05, 2023
illicit:
Nothing is sacred anymore

Must it be televised?
Is television sacrilege?
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Kevinjap: 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2023
EthanSly:

Since one week now u still stuck for Maiduguri..
Continue
I wouldn't have continue posting if I've been reached out.
If you can't help please don't make it hard for me.
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Amtrak: 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2023
Hmmm... Virgin grin
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Lawalemi(m): 4:09pm On Dec 05, 2023
Kutunban:
They all look feminine, it's a good thing that they kept their virginity. One of the benefits of marrying a virgin is that your path is her first path.

Marrying a none virgin is not bad but they've been on another path before aligning with yours, if your path has spikes before the roses she will remember previous paths that had Apples before the bitter cola or other paths she's been before, some men who understand spirituality who marry none virgins take them for marital allegiance which if broken it's instant 😭.

Okafor's law of Congo dynamics confirm my assertion too, especially for men who are not spiritually brutal they become victims. Sad reality!
Who do you laidis? angry

Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Lawalemi(m): 4:10pm On Dec 05, 2023
Kutunban:

Who do you laidis? grin
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by iammolise(m): 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2023
But really, is the cleavage exposure compulsory , and WTF undecided is this ojuju kalaba body tattoo or painting they wearing, repulsing embarassed
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by ussv: 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2023
They should abolish the unclothedness part. If they wear bra, would that make the event a failure.?
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2023
These are the only kind of things Africans are good at, these are the only kind of things they can invent, spits
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by emperor4love(m): 4:39pm On Dec 05, 2023
Hope some no run go do surgery to restore virginity
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by Konjiboii: 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2023
Ehmmah588:

My people no send if you be wakrikite or u be outsider..But one thing is certain,that is the rites to marry any of these girls....The family spends alot to display their 'pride' in their daughter..So if you want to marry any of these girls,just know you'll spend alot

What about when she's not a virgin,lost her mother and not in contact with her father? Any insight how that might play out?
Re: Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Ogu Town, (OKRIKA) Rivers State by kinguwem: 5:41pm On Dec 05, 2023
Decarbonisation:
These ones way them breasts don fall yakata for floor be virgins too?
Yea, there's different varieties of boobs. Some still have erect firm boobs after breast feeding children. Some ladies have special gift of the breast. 😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi, Playing Football Amidst Marriage Crash Rumors / Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / Ooni Of Ife’s Last Photo Alive: Oba Sijuwade Rides Rolls Royce Car With Sons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.