Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Go Back To School At Age 40 - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Go Back To School At Age 40 (21807 Views)

Going Back To School At Age 34 / The Consequences Of Nigerian Civil Servants Retiring At Age 65 / Lady Lists Her Achievements After Leaving Medical School At 28 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Go Back To School At Age 40 by frenchman2: 1:55pm On Dec 06, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

I 1000% support you.. rare Reasoning .
No shame in this Sir @least you not a fool for life after 40 grin grin grin
I used to lecture 9 years back then in Nigeria, i had part time of 60 yrs cos he needed promotion with it in Fed gov job.

You can do Adult classes or part time, not necessarily full time & it gives u opportunity to live off Campus...

what are you saying here. i don't even understand this post
Re: Go Back To School At Age 40 by promiseland245(m): 4:50pm On Dec 06, 2023
Please follw your dreams regardless the age. 5yrs from today you would still feel empty if you do not achieve this goal.
You can do this!!!

opicgif:
i want to go back to school
to study law
ive always wanted to do this but felt i would be too old
as of last year, ive seen a lot of older people graduating or in law school
rotimi amaechi is an example

which private university can i go to, and still live off campus with my family
i am in rivers state
i am excluding RSU and Uniport,
i would want to carry out this endeavour without delay from ASUU strikes

any suggestions?

Re: Go Back To School At Age 40 by Love800(m): 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2023
But i hear say lecturers no get money
OhiOfIhima:

Thanks man... I am 32 already, single n I am going to resume for my HND by January. I hope it favor me bcoz I love Education alot. I have that strong passion to become a lecturer by God grace.
Re: Go Back To School At Age 40 by omogbadebo(m): 8:57pm On Dec 07, 2023
Please go ahead and follow your dreams! I am a chartered accountant and a former banker . At 48 I enrolled in Law program. at a private university. I will be resuming at Law school January 11 2024.
Go for it bro!
May the forces be with you.

1 Like

Re: Go Back To School At Age 40 by sageb: 1:21am On Dec 08, 2023
opicgif:
i want to go back to school
to study law
ive always wanted to do this but felt i would be too old
as of last year, ive seen a lot of older people graduating or in law school
rotimi amaechi is an example

which private university can i go to, and still live off campus with my family
i am in rivers state
i am excluding RSU and Uniport,
i would want to carry out this endeavour without delay from ASUU strikes

any suggestions?

You can apply to University of Uyo and Unical.
Top notch legal study in the South South.
Re: Go Back To School At Age 40 by FatherCHRISTMAS: 5:36pm On Dec 08, 2023
omogbadebo:
Please go ahead and follow your dreams! I am a chartered accountant and a former banker . At 48 I enrolled in Law program. at a private university. I will be resuming at Law school January 11 2024.
Go for it bro!
May the forces be with you.

Great
Re: Go Back To School At Age 40 by oneman2k7: 9:09pm On Dec 08, 2023
Just go Afe Babalola University. Thank me later.
Re: Go Back To School At Age 40 by Godmind2022(m): 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2023
Vintage9999:
Nice. How did you do it? Maths scared sh** out of me back then and I'll like to learn it all over again. Infact it's the only dent I had in my internal WAEC

I like to overcome any thing that scares me in life and Maths happens to be one of them.

These are the things I did:

1.Get good textbooks like Hidden Facts For SSCE Mathematics by M. A. Otumudia and Teach Yourself Mathematics by Vincent Nwankpa and pour over them every day or at any available time.

2. Also, look for someone to teach you anyone you don't understand.

3. You can also learn faster by reading with the mind to teach anyone that comes to you for help.

4. In fact, look for someone to teach. It will help you a lot.
Re: Go Back To School At Age 40 by Vintage9999: 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2023
Godmind2022:

I like to overcome any thing that scares me in life and Maths happens to be one of them.

These are the things I did:

1.Get good textbooks like Hidden Facts For SSCE Mathematics by M. A. Otumudia and Teach Yourself Mathematics by Vincent Nwankpa and pour over them every day or at any available time.

2. Also, look for someone to teach you anyone you don't understand.

3. You can also learn faster by reading with the mind to teach anyone that comes to you for help.

4. In fact, look for someone to teach. It will help you a lot.
nice. I have someone that can teach me. It's money that's holding me. When I'm a bit more stable I'll employ his services

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries / I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! / 10 Things To Never Say To Your Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.