Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,304 members, 7,860,751 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:34 PM

Family Is Not Everything - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Is Not Everything (258 Views)

My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / I Impregnated This Girl And The Family Is Demanding 500k For Settlement / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Is Not Everything by IbrahimSalihu: 9:54am On Dec 06, 2023
Let me just say that the saying "Family is everything" is just a lie made by society to make us believe that we should stand by our family members regardless of their behaviour. So if a father sexually molests his daughter, is family is still everything? Is the family meant to ignore and hide the father's behaviour just because family is everything?

I've come across several stories where I read about unspeakable things family members do to each other and all I can say is that if my family does such, I'd definitely disown and distance myself from such family members. I read a story where a mother locked up her son in a cage for years and was torturing him. Then tomorrow they'll expect that boy to take care of his mother in her old age because family is everything!!! If na me, i no go send my mama in her old age!!! the PTSD from such trauma would be almost impossible to cure.

Please let us not be deceived by the saying that family is everything but rather, "reliable and responsible family members are everything" . Please share your opinion, would you allow your family members destroy your mental health because family is everything?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Is Not Everything by woginid967: 9:56am On Dec 06, 2023
IbrahimSalihu:
Let me just say that the saying "Family is everything" is just a lie made by society to make us believe that we should stand by our family members regardless of their behaviour. So if a father sexually molests his daughter, is family is still everything? Is the family meant to ignore and hide the father's behaviour just because family is everything?

I've come across several stories where I read about unspeakable things family members do to each other and all I can say is that if my family does such, I'd definitely disown and distance myself from such family members. I read a story where a mother locked up her son in a cage for years and was torturing him. Then tomorrow they'll expect that boy to take care of his mother in her old age because family is everything!!! If na me, i no go send my mama in her old age!!! the PTSD from such trauma would be almost impossible to cure.

Please let us not be deceived by the saying that family is everything but rather, "reliable and responsible family members are everything" . Please share your opinion, would you allow your family members destroy your mental health because family is everything?

At the beginning of Life, family is by BLOOD, at the end of LIFE, family is by BOND of LOYALTY

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Is Not Everything by Coolsat(m): 10:11am On Dec 06, 2023
Anyone be it mother, father, siblings and what have you that knowingly and unknowingly tamper with my mental health is not family, I will keep distance from such person, I can't be deceived.

Family can also be your downfall in life if you don't choose yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Family Is Not Everything by Zhunnurayn(m): 10:19am On Dec 06, 2023
Family is everything..
I recall in the opening pages of the novel 'the bit slave'
... once you step out of home, you get into a cruel world, any stranger you meet will choose to spare the life of his dog than your life"
Re: Family Is Not Everything by Oizee(f): 10:41am On Dec 06, 2023
Family is everything to me but I will automatically disconnect myself from any part of my family that might be capable of inflicting harm on me.

I won't even take chances at all with them. If you are nice to me and later found out that you have an ulterior motives towards me I will run.
May we not have evil parents because I don't know what I'll be capable of doing to them if they intentionally harmed me.

2 Likes

Re: Family Is Not Everything by Lance008(m): 11:31am On Dec 06, 2023
Family Na the biggest scam on earth

4 Likes

Re: Family Is Not Everything by IbrahimSalihu: 12:20pm On Dec 06, 2023
Oizee:
Family is everything to me but I will automatically disconnect myself from any part of my family that might be capable of inflicting harm on me.

I won't even take chances at all with them. If you are nice to me and later found out that you have an ulterior motives towards me I will run.
May we not have evil parents because I don't know what I'll be capable of doing to them if they intentionally harmed me.

Exactly my thought! Family is only everything when they support your growth and development and not part of your downfall.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Parents Is About To Jeopardize The Future Of Their Grandchildren Unknown To T / What We Did After 3/4years Of Waiting...re-post / Gas Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.