Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,204 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? (14045 Views)

China’s Car Brand, Aiways U5 All Electric SUV Is Set To Debut In Europe / Abu Dhabi-based Tawazun Invests ₦45b In Russian Aurus Car Brand / See How To Debadge A Mercedes Benz CLA 250 Or Any Car Brand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? by reddingtonblack: 7:28am On Dec 12, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
I understand your sentiment. I was once like you. I believed Toyota was the most rugged car brand ever.

I’ve used my GMC now for almost 2yrs and the performance is just unbelievable. It far surpasses any Toyota ever, believe me as one who used Toyota all my life until early last year

Once like me ontop 2years experience grin, Your experience on GMC is limited to you, that can not be compared to the wide users certification Toyota has.

GMC is an american car, But there are more toyotas/japanese cars on america road than GMC. lets just say you are luck with your car

My point is, your experience alone can't amount to validation.

1 Like

Re: No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? by Akowemoon(m): 8:12am On Dec 12, 2023
id4sho:

Have you heard of factory defects, you will run mad if you get lemon car undecided

Nissan Murano, land Rover freelancer have factory defects

That car na demon.my neighbor got that car,he celebrated with us.as I am typing,The only day the car was driven was when the dealer brought the car to our compound. different wahala every day.

1 Like

Re: No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:36am On Dec 12, 2023
quote author=reddingtonblack post=127439636]

Once like me ontop 2years experience grin, Your experience on GMC is limited to you, that can not be compared to the wide users certification Toyota has.

GMC is an american car, But there are more toyotas/japanese cars on america road than GMC. lets just say you are luck with your car

My point is, your experience alone can't amount to validation. [/quote]The 1st @bolded is very true, because I can compare my 2yr experience with my GMC and my 2yrs experience with the various Toyotas I be used.
I’ve a friend here in Lagos who had 12 cars as at 2yrs back. And it was he who first mentioned to me that if I used a Ford brand I would never talk about Toyota again. For me then this was just not possible. Toyota the best ever. So at a point he gave me his 2018 Ford Edge and it was with me for about 6months. I used it intermittently with my GMC.

In my over 10yrs experience using different Toyota, I must visit mechanics more than once within 6months.
But in my almost 2yrs of GMC, driving in very rough terrains , I’ve not had to go for any repairs ever.
This Car is as roughed as a still case.

Exactly one month back I had to travel to Edo state. Before my trip I went for alignment and wheel balancing. The when the alignment people removed my tires, they called me to note that they have never seen a vehicle legs made with such hard still ever.

I’m already working on buying the 2018 version of GMC Terrain God willing as I don’t really like using a particular car for more than 3yrs.
Re: No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:37am On Dec 12, 2023
reddingtonblack:

My point is, your experience alone can't amount to validation.
The 1st @bolded is very true, because I can compare my 2yr experience with my GMC and my 2yrs experience with the various Toyotas I ve used.
I’ve a friend here in Lagos who had 12 cars as at 2yrs back. And it was he who first mentioned to me that if I used a Ford brand I would never talk about Toyota again. For me then this was just not possible. Toyota the best ever. So at a point he gave me his 2018 Ford Edge and it was with me for about 6months. I used it intermittently with my GMC.

In my over 10yrs experience using different Toyota, I must visit mechanics more than once within 6months.
But in my almost 2yrs of using GMC, driving in very rough terrains , I’ve not had to go for any single repairs ever.

Exactly one month back I had to travel to Edo state. Before my trip I went for alignment and wheel balancing. The when the alignment people removed my tires, they called me to note that they have never seen a vehicle legs made with such hard still ever.

I’m already working on buying the 2018 version of GMC Terrain God willing as I don’t really like using a particular car for more than 3yrs.
Re: No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? by reddingtonblack: 9:08am On Dec 12, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
The 1st @bolded is very true, because I can compare my 2yr experience with my GMC and my 2yrs experience with the various Toyotas I ve used.

But in my almost 2yrs of using GMC, driving in very rough terrains , I’ve not had to go for any single repairs ever.

I understand you have a wonderful experience with the American brand and i am not doubting your experience however,

My point remains your experience or that of your friend is not adequate enough to establish a fact, or assert GMC is better than toyota .. get that
Even in America there are more Toyota on the road, than any America car ford, escalade or GMC, think am and why ??

I always tell people to do what works for you, have a rich man in my estate that likes Dodge brand esp. SUVs
Goodluck with your endeavor, God go do am.
Re: No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? by hello66: 9:49am On Dec 12, 2023
MamaletASO:
ACURA is the most useless car I have ever seen

Seems Acura don show u shege

Which one zdx or MDX which year
Re: No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? by Megaautos(m): 10:00am On Dec 12, 2023
💯! The mechanics are the problem also there is this "hearsay” they said Honda is bad, they said Volkswagen is bad, they said ds, they said that. Engine wise, interior, performance you can’t compare a Honda to a Toyota.
Peterobi90:
No car is bad... we just have a huge load of ignorant mechanics...
Re: No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? by PAQ(m): 10:43am On Dec 12, 2023
Caseless:
Be bold.

You have done that for me already grin
Re: No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? by YouandiAllofus: 11:10am On Dec 12, 2023
I bought 06 Chevrolet Aveo 6yrs ago against all advise and opinion because I just needed it's fuel efficiency at the time because of my every day trips which is to and fro and with only me inside the car.

I bought the car with my heart in my hand expecting loads of problems from the get go.
Funny enough, apart from regular maintenance, I didn't have any other major reason to visit the mechanic for 3yrs.
This encouraged my impression about American cars being the best brands of cars one can possibly get in terms of reliability and fuel efficiency.
Even though spare was a little scarce, I felt it was no problem as long as I can get them even from far regions and have them waybilled to my location.
Naso I kon garra mind go buy 012 cruze to use as my main car join the Aveo which I now intend to use only for petty outings.

The moment the cruze came in, that was when I saw the real premium shege about American cars.
For a whole year, the Aveo and the cruze, both cars showed me shege simultaneously back to back!
From one problem to another everyday. I got tired and sold both cars same day and the money wasn't even enough to get 06 Corolla which is a compact car just like the Aveo.

Till date, I am still thanking God for providing the buyer for both cars same day. And ever since I got Toyotas, I now have course to tell people - "go against popular opinion at your own peril."

1 Like

Re: No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? by Megaautos(m): 11:42am On Dec 12, 2023
God bless you. I have people that have been driving Honda for years with no complain too.
sparko1:
Depends on the person, I have been using my Honda Pilot for close to 5 years and I don't have any problem, if you don't mind it doesn't matter.

Re: No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? by BigIyanga: 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2023
Akowemoon:

That car na demon.my neighbor got that car,he celebrated with us.as I am typing,The only day the car was driven was when the dealer brought the car to our compound. different wahala every day.
But F150 trucks outsell Toyota Camry in the US
Re: No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2023
reddingtonblack:

I understand you have a wonderful experience with the American brand and i am not doubting your experience however,

My point remains your experience or that of your friend is not adequate enough to establish a fact, or assert GMC is better than toyota .. get that
Even in America there are more Toyota on the road, than any America car ford, escalade or GMC, think am and why ??

I always tell people to do what works for you, have a rich man in my estate that likes Dodge brand esp. SUVs
Goodluck with your endeavor, God go do am.
You are perfectly right about the @bolded.
The individual experience of a people, irrespective of their high number, isn’t enough to establish a consensus that a particular brand is better.
What may be good for me, may not necessarily be for you. Fact.
I enjoyed all my Toyota, I was so reluctant to sell the last one until wifey had an accident with it.

Thanks and nice having this conversation with you
Re: No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? by reddingtonblack: 6:21pm On Dec 12, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
You are perfectly right about the @bolded.
The individual experience of a people, irrespective of their high number, isn’t enough to establish a consensus that a particular brand is better.
What may be good for me, may not necessarily be for you. Fact.
I enjoyed all my Toyota, I was so reluctant to sell the last one until wifey had an accident with it.

Thanks and nice having this conversation with you

Same here, and when you finally land the GMC hope you will come back here and declare heinkein for boiz.

stay safe

1 Like

Re: No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:59pm On Dec 12, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Same here, and when you finally land the GMC hope you will come back here and declare heinkein for boiz.

stay safe
By God’s grace
Thanks bro
Re: No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? by Jamie1000: 7:44am On Dec 15, 2023
brain54:

Bro the model might not be bad...

Maybe a batch!
Tesla just recalled almost all its sedan in US
BMW has one of tge highest recall
07 Camry had major recall over oil burn due to bad o ring in the engine Combusion system
There lots of recalls.
Re: No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? by bfn1: 5:31pm On Mar 17
zactunji:
I totally agree with u,cos av been using Mazda cx9 2010 model for 8years now and still running perfectly.actually Its toks.i only do the service by changing the oil and fuel filter.and I don't use Water for the radiator ,instead I used coolant.its been wonderful ever since .
I service it twice a year.
Please what brand of coolant do you use?
Re: No Car Brand Or Model Is BAD. Do You AGREE Or DISAGREE With That? by Esiri111(m): 6:37am On Mar 26
andy244:
The question here is, Would that range rover do same if it were in England or America.

RR is one of the most unreliable it the world ranking 31st out of 32 cars of all car brands, that's 2nd to last. with a repairpal rating of 2.5/5.
The car is bad every where, Google it !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Five Habits That Can Destroy Your Car / Car Key Stuck To Ignition (honda Civic 2001) / Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.