Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them (19851 Views)

Revelation: List The Names Of Fraudulent Real Estate Agencies In Nigeria. / Advise Needed On Fraudulent Real Estate Coy -- Cross & Churchill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by OgogoroDegree: 12:50pm On Dec 11, 2023
[quote author=lawyer post=127424151]

24.. The popular real estate companies are the worst scammers. Beware of buying a land sold by a popular real estate company. They are the ones that commit the most real estate crimes. When you check them very well, you will realise that they are only using their big nam
es to lure you to buy lands that have no good title and have issues. They have spent millions on propaganda and marketing. Apart from that, they have nothing and you would lose your money for free. Corper Uchenna Run ooo!!!!

25. Real Estate companies that offer Bags of Rice, Goats, Palm Oil, and Christmas Chicken to lure you to buy their lands have the biggest baggage in their corner. After they have used 2 free Chickens to entice you to buy their lands, you will end up with the chickens but no land or very bad title documents on that land and that’s even if they allocate you these lands. Don’t mortgage your family’s life savings because of a free bottle of groundnut oil to buy a wayo land. Social media influencer Adewale Run ooo!!!

wink
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by Kemadealadire(f): 12:50pm On Dec 11, 2023
At this rate, you won't buy any.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by D4gmail1: 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2023
If you are reading this comment. Quote and post names of Fraudulent Real Estate companies you know and your experience with them.

Let us use this to save others from them.
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by BennyDGreat: 12:53pm On Dec 11, 2023
Kemadealadire:
At this rate, you won't buy any.

Not true. At this rate, you will do due diligence and get the honest one..

Most are dubious. It's your job to investigate or pay a lawyer with track record to do so.

Many of those Ibeju Lekki, Epe etc have underground issues

6 Likes

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by BoloJayy: 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2023
Dem plenty for lagos,,,,

Team buy land for Epe and become richer than dangote tomorrow… JUST DEY PLAY U HEAR
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by LandOwners: 12:57pm On Dec 11, 2023
Thank you lawyer.
This fraudulent real estate firms must be checked and blacklisted

Contact us, we know reputable firms where you can buy a property and sleep with both eyes closed.

1 Like

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by djseanjohn77: 1:10pm On Dec 11, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
Nothing vex me pass " It's just 15 mins drive from the airport". That statement don make many unsuspecting investors buy land for places wey far pass Sambisa forest

I am a victim. Sadly, I started building without suspecting until I came home to see the place 😢 na endless journey, bad road, had to pay to connect light to the place....thhpugg therr are other houses around me as well, 1 is in Germany, I am sure he suffered same fate or his choice.
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by kozmokaz(m): 1:14pm On Dec 11, 2023
Harddiskng:

Oga this table you are shaking violently is very fragile oo grin

Pwan left the group

1 Like

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by AshipaEk0: 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2023
[quote author=lawyer post=127424151][/quote]

why you come list the 25 features of ADRON na bros,

wetin ADRON do you?

9 Likes

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by chidiebere2020(m): 1:23pm On Dec 11, 2023
Please I need an advice here
I have one estate company, named shelter trust
I have made a payment in one of they estate but, they won't give me an allocation,
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by Royalexquisuite: 1:31pm On Dec 11, 2023
While somoe people are cashing out steadly in our real estate investment, can't afford making a foolish mistake buying property from the wrong companies.

Send a Dm for your legit real estate deals...

I am the manager of a reputable real estate company, duly registered with CAC I can guide you in any real estate investment of your choice.

1 Share

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by BabaAgba79(m): 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2023

God bless you real good for taking your time to compose this! I have been duped twice worth of 10 million Naira in Abuja over real estate! A colleague has been duped of over 23 million!

1 Like

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by dives(m): 1:36pm On Dec 11, 2023
Very good information here. As someone who has family who has fallen prey to these real estates’ scammers in the past, I can say the OP is very right with all he has written up there. If you encounter any of these signs from a real estate company they are a scam company.

1 Like

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by laitsy: 1:40pm On Dec 11, 2023
This is one of the reasons I left the real estate agent work. Planning to invest on my own real estate business now. May God give me the grace to pure enough money into the genuine business.
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by ibawon(m): 1:47pm On Dec 11, 2023
Number 12 full Ibeju-Lekki Wella. God save us
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by yok: 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2023

THIS IS GOOD INFORMATION. MOST OF THESE LEKKI ESTATE, DANGOTE REFINERY ESTATE, ABUJA LAND ESTATE, SAGAMU ESTATE, land banking etc. ARE ALL SCAMMERS. THEY ARE REALY BAD PEOPEL EVEN IF THEY HAVE ALHAJI, ALFA, PASTOR CHIEF in from of their names.

Never ever trust them. The biggest scam even if you decide to buy is that you become their ATM for life via yearly service charges.

1 Like

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by compu(m): 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2023
Op, your points are well understood,thanks for the enlightenment, but you have forgotten to do one more thing.

Give us points that we enable us identify genuine real estate companies...this is very important as well. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by Creamcrest(m): 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2023
If you have been scammed by any fake real estate agent just hit me up,I can help you recover your lost funds as long as you still have proofs of transactions,contact on my signature
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:59pm On Dec 11, 2023
sweerychick:
They're lots of them... One particular one that scammed my husband EUC homes and Edge homes...

I'm thinking of buying a house in lagos soon. With all these scam stories and demolition dey make me change my mind.
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:00pm On Dec 11, 2023
visaclick:
THEIR LATEST SCAM IS IBEJU LEKKI. PLS NO MATTER HOW MUCH U WANT TO WASTE MONEY DO NOT BUY ANY PROPERTY AT IBEJU LEKKI OR YOU WILL REGRET IT.

They are all scams ?
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by Mightyify(m): 2:06pm On Dec 11, 2023
This is how informative Nairaland use to be

2 Likes

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by afadi2410: 2:07pm On Dec 11, 2023
There is one they call PLACID HOMES
Avoid them by all means!!
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:09pm On Dec 11, 2023
Monaboo:
Am a realtor and I sell land for a Real Estate company.

Yes...i agree with what the poster has talked about 1000%.

That's why when I market properties to clients, I always tell my clients these truths

1) Always go to the Real Estate Company yourself or have someone go on your behalf. Try and see the office physically for yourself before making any payments. E get why.

2) Ask for documents. Documents such as C of O, Global C of O, Deed of Assignments, Survey Plan etc. Except it's a village land, it should have a valid document to prove it's authenticity.

I always tell my clients to go the extra mile to check the authenticity of the land by going to the Ministry to see if the land is free from government acquisition. A good surveyor can do that for you.

3) Get up and see the land with your eyes. Most clients are too lazy. Na u go dey beg them to come for site inspection.

I can NEVER make sale to a client who does not agree to come for site inspection. If u like, be in the abroad, send ur friend or family member to come and make a live video of the land for u.
This is to avoid stories that touch in future. I love my integrity.

4) The truth is most lands u see in Lagos especially at Ibeju-Lekki, Epe, are not Buy-Build-And-Pack-In Lands. Read that again.

When u go to these places, it's still bush.
So u ask urself, can I build in this place now? Can I build and pack in now?

Am a realtor but I rarely make sales because I tell my clients the truth. People hate the truth. CEO's hate u telling clients the truth.

Most lands Real Estate Company's in Lagos sell at Ibeju-Lekki, Epe will not develop in the next 10 years. Read that again.

So I tell my clients such areas are Investment Lands and not Build-And-Pack-In Lands. Project to use them in the next 10years, then u can make payment.

What are Investment Lands? They are Buy and wait for the next 5 to 10 years lands.

Once u know this, it is now left for you to decide.

Most Realtors will never tell u this. They will convince so much to buy so that they can make sale for themselves.

In Lagos, where do u want to see Buy and Pack In Lands?

Except in Ayobo, Isheri, Ipaja in Lagos and maybe itele which is even Ogun state.

Anywhere else is Investment Lands.

Somebody was asking me to get him a land at Ikeja in Lagosgrin

Even if u get a land at Ikeja which is almost impossible, the price will cut your neck grin

It is well.

With these few points of mine, I now know why most Real Estate Company CEO's hate me working for them grin

Court Rise

I'm planning to get a house in lagos but these numerous scam stories is making me to change mind
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2023
AshipaEk0:

why you come list the 25 features of ADRON na bros,

wetin ADRON do you?

Lol dem be real estate company? grin
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by airsaylongcome: 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2023
Royalexquisuite:

I am the manager of a reputable real estate company, duly registered with CAC I can guide you in any real estate investment of your choice.

And did anyone tell you that the fraudulent scamming ones are not "duly registered with CAC"?

4 Likes

Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:15pm On Dec 11, 2023
chidiebere2020:
Please I need an advice here
I have one estate company, named shelter trust
I have made a payment in one of they estate but, they won't give me an allocation,
grin grin grin grin
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 2:16pm On Dec 11, 2023
BabaAgba79:

God bless you real good for taking your time to compose this! I have been duped twice worth of 10 million Naira in Abuja over real estate! A colleague has been duped of over 23 million!

Wow. Please tell me more. Thinking of buying a house in lagos
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by oluspicy: 2:18pm On Dec 11, 2023

One of the things I can never forget from my law lecturer during my days at Lagos City Polytechnic is that 'Advertisement is a threat to a valid contact'.

That's why I don't take some adverts, especially on land matters seriously.

Quite informative.
Re: 25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them by BabaAgba79(m): 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2023
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Wow. Please tell me more. Thinking of buying a house in lagos

You can follow the OP'S 25 pieces of advice! They suffice!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Controversial N2 Million Naira Quotation / Egbon 'future Landlord', If You Want To Build Your House In 2016, Come Read This / Nice Building Designs With Refined Aesthetic Value

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.